PDA

View Full Version : Vulcan 500 Ltd

<G>
26th May 2008, 14:16
Hi

Anyone have an opinion on this bike? My current bike and I are not bonding so looking at something more suited to my (lack of) height :)

I have considered the S40 or S50 Boulevard but I think the Kawasaki is a better bike - have no technical knowledge so that could just be fuzzy logic.

TIA

Rockbuddy
26th May 2008, 14:23
I agree with your logic the kawasaki is far superiour, but im biased. I suggest try and find a vn800 if you can get someone that wants to sell, or have a look at the new vn900 they will be good rides and your hieght shouldnt matter to much

<G>
31st May 2008, 09:23
Thank you Rockbuddy, but the VN900 will be too heavy - 253kg. The EN500 and S50 are both round the 200kg mark. Hope to test ride an EN500 this weekend.

JimO
31st May 2008, 10:09
i have never ridden one but i think all the weight is down low so you probably wouldnt notice the extra 50 kg

<G>
4th June 2008, 17:31
I'm 5 foot (152cm) and don't think I'll even be able to touch the ground on the VN900 due to its girth. Have problems getting on the EN500 as it is - always used to use the footpeg on my other bikes but can't now since it's a cruiser.

I took one out for a test ride this weekend - did 300ks in total. Going to get one in September - reinforced my belief that the ER6N and I are not a good match. Better to be safe than sorry.

It was very familiar to ride as it is the big brother to the Eliminator. I hadn't considered a cruiser before because I didn't like the forward feet position - but adjusted to the feet position quickly and was amazed at how easy it is to corner with your feet forward. And being able to touch the ground properly again was great!