PDA

View Full Version : Warm-up your tyres

xr-rider
26th May 2008, 16:46
i don't know if they were people on here but advice to some "warm up your tires" i saw one guy come out of the pits and crash on turn 2 and a 125 crash on turn 3. i saw a few others chrash on the warm up laps to

Ivan
26th May 2008, 16:59
i don't know if they were people on here but advice to some "warm up your tires" i saw one guy come out of the pits and crash on turn 2 and a 125 crash on turn 3. i saw a few others chrash on the warm up laps to

I wasin that race were the guy fall of on turn 2 and it was fairly cold circuit even with warmers he did nothing wrong wasnt pushing it just let go due to a few reasons sitting on grid loose heat from tires and then the cold track surface,

And the 125 thatwas after the race began and thatwas because he was pushing it with short distance racing you cant give away a chance to wait for your tires to get to optimum temp he just tucked front from pushing

xr-rider
26th May 2008, 17:03
I wasin that race were the guy fall of on turn 2 and it was fairly cold circuit even with warmers he did nothing wrong wasnt pushing it just let go due to a few reasons sitting on grid loose heat from tires and then the cold track surface,

And the 125 thatwas after the race began and thatwas because he was pushing it with short distance racing you cant give away a chance to wait for your tires to get to optimum temp he just tucked front from pushing

True about the 125 but on your warm up lap on turn 2, id say he was pushing a bit hard

White trash
26th May 2008, 17:18
Warm up my tyres? Isn't that what the warmers are for?

ArcherWC
26th May 2008, 17:20
Warm up my tyres? Isn't that what the warmers are for?
With all the hot air from Eddy, all the tyres in our pit were hot as

quallman1234
26th May 2008, 18:29

He didn't have tyre warmers, poor guy! I reckon the tyres were in the best condition at the start of the race on a 125, since you didn't really warm em up much more during the race. (if you had warmers of course!)

Btw Ivan, he lost the back, had to brake hard to miss the poor sod.

Kickaha
26th May 2008, 19:28

And how do you propose they warm them up if they don't have warmers?

xr-rider
26th May 2008, 19:34
And how do you propose they warm them up if they don't have warmers?

he could have taken it easier. he was going to hard

Ivan
26th May 2008, 22:25
Your talking a big bike, he was taking it easy but trust me I rode the memorial lap no warmersand the bike was feeling really unstable becuaseof no heat, Its a bit differnt to a streetstock

gav
26th May 2008, 22:45
If he had taken it easier he wouldnt work the tyre hard enough to generate any heat, catch 22 really!

FROSTY
27th May 2008, 09:10
Dude who are you? To make a comment like you are making without actually being out there is pretty stupid.
Mid winter at taupo the track surface is at about 7 degrees sucking the heat outa tyres.
Its called RACING dude.

rwh
27th May 2008, 09:17
Tyres have 'cords' for strengthening, right? Not sure if bike tyres are steel belted ... how about putting in an internal heater, similar to a car rear window demister? :)

Richard

EJK
27th May 2008, 09:47
Just a curiosity question here...

How hot is this "warmed up" tyres?

How much temp is considered "warmed up"?

ArcherWC
27th May 2008, 10:00
mine are 75 degrees off the warmers, but more like 100 on the track

Shaun
27th May 2008, 10:11
mine are 75 degrees off the warmers, but more like 100 on the track

IF THEY ARE 100 ON THE TRACK, YOU HAVE GOT VERY BIG PROBLEMS TO FIX

ArcherWC
27th May 2008, 10:25
IF THEY ARE 100 ON THE TRACK, YOU HAVE GOT VERY BIG PROBLEMS TO FIX

I was guessing pretty much to be fair :baby:

What sort of temp would they be Shaun? I know they are a feck lot hotter than when they come off the warmers.

Dunlop Ntechs if that makes a difference

svs
27th May 2008, 15:40
i got an infrared thermometer. come see me at the next round if you want to borrow it to get your tyre temps as you come off the track

xr-rider
27th May 2008, 17:53
Dude who are you? To make a comment like you are making without actually being out there is pretty stupid.
Mid winter at taupo the track surface is at about 7 degrees sucking the heat outa tyres.
Its called RACING dude.

I was racing

ArcherWC
27th May 2008, 17:55
i got an infrared thermometer. come see me at the next round if you want to borrow it to get your tyre temps as you come off the track
cheers for that, will do