PDA

View Full Version : Which shipper can I trust - UK to NZ

BrianM
27th May 2008, 08:02
A few years ago I brought a HD out to ChCh from the UK and on the way the seriously solid box I built was tipped and crushed, requiring that the bike undergo some major repair work (used John Mason International of Liverpool that time). Learned that the bike was trans-shipped numerous times so who knows where the damage occured. It was supposed to be a direct sailing.

Anyway, this time I'm bringing a Guzzi V11s from the Isle of Man to ChCh and want to send it with someone I can trust. Does anybody have any shippers they'd happily recommend?

Many thanks.

BrianM

marty
27th May 2008, 08:06
mate of mine bought a small plane over from usa - dismantled it, wrapped it in plastic, boxed it up, then filled it completely up with expandable foam! took a while to cut away, but was completely damage free. should be easy to do with a bike!

rasty
27th May 2008, 13:12
Try this one

www.jamescargo.com
tel - 01753-687722 ext 216

They shipped my bike back UK to NZ last year and I was happy with price and service.

They crate it as part of the deal.

Guy to contact was Mark Burgess but I am not sure if he is still there.

BrianM
28th May 2008, 04:36
Many thanks for that. I'll give them a call.

Upgrader
31st May 2008, 20:10
Brian my Softies on th water with Crown aslo. At poit of departure all was good they crated careful and $$ wus not frakkin excess. Let ya know if she makes it here. Crown hadgood rep with expats in UK.

taffy
19th June 2008, 17:29
I came out from the UK last year and used Allied Pickfords. They were fine and not a single item broken. Big things to small things.

portokiwi
19th June 2008, 17:36
info@intlmovers.com
That is who we were going to use. All our gear is still stored in Portugal.
we ended up buying everything thing here:doh: