PDA

View Full Version : Women on bikes.

martybabe
27th May 2008, 11:16
I've noticed a hell of a lot of differences between the land of my birth and Kiwi land in the 10 months I've been here, far more than I could ever have imagined but the biggest eye opener is the amazing women on two wheels.

In England a woman pilot on a bike is a rare sight, sure they exist, everybody knows (of) one but they're as rare as a fall in the cost of petrol.

Since the clever buggers changed the profile pages ,I've been having a good look around cause I'm a nosey bastard and whilst I realise this is a very focused view point, because it is a biker site after all, I've been blown away by the amazing women on here.Not just an abundance of road riders but adventure riders, bucket racers, whatever a bucket is, track day pilots, just awesome.

I was chatting the other day and brought up the fact that women are very different here but I couldn't find the words to back up my statement, couldn't zero in on what the difference is. There are of course very successful business women back home, very independent free thinking souls but a group of ladies discussing whether to use slicks or wets on the weekend is a conversation you'd never hear.

So to sum up, kiwi biker women are freakin awesome but why, what makes NZ women so..so....... Compared to their( all motorbikes should be burnt) counterparts in the UK.

Apologies for any generalisations but generally speaking there appears to be far more women into bikes down under than up above and I think that's firkin brilliant.
:scooter:

TOTO
27th May 2008, 11:23
Need more women on bikes. thats why i try to recruit the chicks on scooters on the traffic lights :D

Lissa
27th May 2008, 11:48
I I've been blown away by the amazing women on here.Not just an abundance of road riders but adventure riders, bucket racers, whatever a bucket is, track day pilots, just awesome.

Cheers, :niceone: Ive made some awesome female friends on this site, strong women who not just work, bring up children, support and guide but they also help out at riding events, race and care about one another and love and enjoy the thrill of riding.

There are also alot of guys on this site who are pretty damn awesome too!!

Swoop
27th May 2008, 11:51
bucket racers, whatever a bucket is

A "bucket of shit". (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/index.php/Kiwibiker_Lexicon#B)
A crapper that is now a supercharged racing MACHINE.

Pussy
27th May 2008, 12:21
I reckon that any bike shop that doesn't take girl riders seriously does so at their peril. I say it's bloody great, too, that we have so many female motorcyclists in NZ :2thumbsup

Trudes
27th May 2008, 12:24
haha, recognise!!:rockon:

Blackbird
27th May 2008, 12:24
Speaking as an ummmm ..."ex-Pom", I think that Kiwi women have much more of a "can-do" and upfront attitude than the average British woman and don't put so many self-imposed limits on themselves. The women I worked with before I retired were absolute gems: smart, up-front, self-starters and much more besides. I think it's more to do with the self-reliant attitude of both Kiwis and Aussies in general as opposed to a difference between sexes and long may it continue!

Geoff

n0regret5
27th May 2008, 12:29
clicked here cos i thought there'd be pics..X-)
yeh i must agree with you on that one, even ladies down here who don't ride themselves seem to love bikes, my good mate absolutely loves them but is yet to join the fray. she wants a ZXR250A for her first.;-) thats just asking for trouble!
i'd love to meet some more biker chicks in person..i've seen a couple around here (some chick passed me on a hyosung 250 the other day, fit little thing with her gstring sticking out the top of her jeans, wish i'd followed her! haha) in the last few weeks (good thing about petrol prices rising i guess, if theres ANYTHING..)..
bonus. good man, if any ladies are out and about in new plymouth, gimme a bell!!;-)

Pwalo
27th May 2008, 12:30
I'm sure that there are just as many women who ride in the UK or where ever. They're just not as vocal as the New Zealand ones.

gijoe1313
27th May 2008, 12:37
Where all dem hawt asian biker babes at then? :drool:

Yeah, massive respect to the ladies who get onto two wheels of freedom. Definitely outside the square and doing their own thang. Even more so when ya see them wielding a spanner competently and getting their hands mucky :love:

Long may it continue! :woohoo:

Oh yeah, anyone seen where all dem hawt asian biker babes went? :scratch:

007XX
27th May 2008, 12:46
I'm sure that there are just as many women who ride in the UK or where ever. They're just not as vocal as the New Zealand ones.

I'm loud and proud of it!!! :bleh: :shake: But I'm not really a Kiwi, so does that count? :o

And yes, the chicks on here rock :woohoo:
I definitely put it down to the "can do" attitude...no wallflowers, and definitely give a go to things.

martybabe
27th May 2008, 13:32
Speaking as an ummm ..."ex-Pom", I think that Kiwi women have much more of a "can-do" and upfront attitude than the average British woman and don't put so many self-imposed limits on themselves. The women I worked with before I retired were absolute gems: smart, up-front, self-starters and much more besides. I think it's more to do with the self-reliant attitude of both Kiwis and Aussies in general as opposed to a difference between sexes and long may it continue!

Geoff

Yeah, that's the kinda thing Geoff, I still can't put my finger on a definition of the difference but it's markedly there and it's all good. I'm appalled that I can't pigeon hole what it is that makes the women here so whatever it is but what I can say for sure is, it gets nothing but respect outta me.

Ladies that (live) in NZ (for 007xx) rock, more mates than opposites :scratch:

I know what I mean, I'm off to consult a dictionary, my vocabulary file is sorely lacking on this occasion. :rolleyes:

Pwalo
27th May 2008, 13:50
But I'm not really a Kiwi, so does that count? :o

Near enough. We'll take anyone, well except perhaps the Irish.

CookMySock
27th May 2008, 14:02
[....] some chick passed me on a hyosung 250 the other day, fit little thing with her gstring sticking out the top of her jeans, wish i'd followed her! hahanah that was me, you fool. :mad:

Being a kiwi bloke, we kinda dragged the chix out under the car and showed them where and how the gearbox bolted on, and asked them to pass us the 14mm socket and the 3/8 drive ratchet spanner, and the 16mm ring-and-open-ender, and they caught on pretty quick. It kinda stuck I think, and now they are somewhat empowered, and ENJOY it even.

Also, I think the girlz liked to come out to the shed and see why we were so embroiled in what we were doing, and that kinda caught on too.

Then there was the standing around the barby with a beer sort of thing, and now the girls are kinda almost one of the boys in many ways.

When there's work to be done on their bike, it's time to let them do it, and just help when asked, and not feel too left out when they don't ask. lol.

DB

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 14:03
awww.... thanks guys! and Martybabe, you! why, you are just soo damn awesome! Hey, Noregret5, I'll be down your way on my hyo 250 as soon as I can get me a new mirror and brake lever... Don't think I'll be showing my 'g' though... bbbbrrrrrrr:cold: On a mission to meet all the Naki KBer's! LOL

Trudes
27th May 2008, 14:07
My moto is: If you can't beat 'em, join 'em!! (or beat them up, or cheat!):laugh:

Meekey_Mouse
27th May 2008, 14:26
It might even be that with NZ being such a farming country a lot of us have grown up with dirt/farm bikes.... So it's in our blood :banana:

My granddad use to be a biker cop, both my parents rode (my mum was the only female rider she knew of in Sydney at the time), my brother was on a PW50 when he was about 4 years old with the paddock stand on the porch because he couldn't touch the ground... So he'd just sit on it making bike noises :laugh:

It took me much longer too get into bikes... But I now know that I had no choice... When it's in your blood... You'll be into them some time or another :yes:

There certainly are a lot more fellow chicks riding then I thought there would be and all whom I have met so far are awesome ladies :2thumbsup

martybabe
27th May 2008, 14:35
A "bucket of shit". (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/wiki/index.php/Kiwibiker_Lexicon#B)
A crapper that is now a supercharged racing MACHINE.

Thanx, I did think that but wasn't sure.

I reckon that any bike shop that doesn't take girl riders seriously does so at their peril. I say it's bloody great, too, that we have so many female motorcyclists in NZ :2thumbsup

Yes, dunno what the ratio of bikerbabes to biker blokes is but only a stupid dealer would ignore the needs of the ladies.

haha, recognise!!:rockon:

Well spotted, yes I meant you and your sisters, too many to name but, you go girls.

good man, if any ladies are out and about in new Plymouth, gimme a bell!!;-)

I know of several, they all throw rocks at me when they see me but I love em just the same.

awww.... thanks guys! and Martybabe, you! why, you are just too damn awesome! Hey, Noregret5, I'll be down your way on my hyo 250 as soon as I can get me a new mirror and brake lever... Don't think I'll be showing my 'g' though... brrrrr:cold: On a mission to meet all the Naki Kber! LOL

:hug: Just telling it how I see it , biker women seem to have found themselves down here and I'm mightily impressed.

Bit concerned about the mirror/lever situation babe. Any thing you wanna tell unky mart. :blink:

007XX
27th May 2008, 14:36

And you know what? We're fluent in Martybabish now, so we get you m'friend!

Near enough. We'll take anyone, well except perhaps the Irish.

Oh c'mon...the irish aren't that bad! *swoon, irish accent...Gnnnnnn...:drool:* Sorry :o

martybabe
27th May 2008, 14:57
And you know what? We're fluent in Martybabish now, so we get you m'friend

:laugh: :laugh::killingme. It's just English but not as you know it.

007XX
27th May 2008, 15:00

Oh I don't know mate...the worst I ever got was a workmate from Glasgow about 7 years ago, when my command of the english language was not as refined as it may appear to be now...

I honnestly failed to understand 99% of what he was saying, even with my eyes glued to his lips in a pathetic attempt to lip read :laugh:
Met him again about 3 years ago, and my comprehension had climbed to about 40% :woohoo:

You'd be a piece of cake buddy, trust me!

MadDuck
27th May 2008, 15:04
Yes, dunno what the ratio of bikerbabes to biker blokes is but only a stupid dealer would ignore the needs of the ladies.

Crikey dont get me started on THAT topic..... :whistle:

Yeah theres a few of us chicky bikers around. I have noticed a hell of a lot more in the last couple of years and its been fantastic to see. Nice to talk bikes with chicks that dont just sit on the back hanging on

mashman
27th May 2008, 15:15
I think i've got the answer (said a man on a topic about women)... AHEM... I reckon it's to do with the blokes and their attitude towards women that defines how women react when in male company and in general... Women don't see men as a threat and vice versa, just people chewing the breeze lar di da etc etc... Irrespective of us wantin to jump your bones or not (which is a certainty) doesn't mean you're just a piece of meat to us and as such we just want to love you all... preferably in groups of mixed nationalities and on a regular basis... So am i right (he said laying his nuts on the block)?

PrincessBandit
27th May 2008, 15:36
Need more women on bikes. thats why i try to recruit the chicks on scooters on the traffic lights :D
Reeeeeaaaaalllllly, yeah right........:whistle: You stick to that line, and we'll believe you :lol:

Where all dem hawt asian biker babes at then? :drool:.....

.....Oh yeah, anyone seen where all dem hawt asian biker babes went? :scratch:
do asian chicks know what a bike is J? Only kidding, only kidding!! Keep looking, I'm sure you'll come across one (or a few) one day.....

I definitely put it down to the "can do" attitude...no wallflowers, and definitely give a go to things.

Oops, I think I put site wall flower as my role on kb in rnr the other day. Perhaps i better change it! Any suggestions?

nah that was me, you fool. :mad:

DB
OMG, that does NOT bear thinking about :pinch:

We love and unnerstand ya martybabe,even without the benefit of 007XX's lip reading skills!

rie
27th May 2008, 16:04
do asian chicks know what a bike is J?

aw dang i should've known it wasn't a super powered japanese hairdryer.

n0regret5
27th May 2008, 16:14
Don't think I'll be showing my 'g' though... bbbbrrrrrrr:cold: On a mission to meet all the Naki KBer's! LOL

pfft harden up ;-) i still ride in my summer weight jacket, jeans and sneakers! course, i DO freeze by the time i'm at work.....haha! good stuff PM me when you're down, got a good crew of lads down here. its funny going on rides with them as the line up goes summat like this;

Tl1000s
SV650
Ducati 916 Biposto
cagiva raptor 650 (soon to be changed for a harley, unfortunately)
harley VROD 100th anniv model
suzuki intruder 250
honda silverwing 650 scooter
cbr250r
cb250 jade with cbr250 mc14 ex-race motor

and i think thats it at the moment..trust me we get some funny looks! :-D

n0regret5
27th May 2008, 16:15
nah that was me, you fool. :mad:DB

man, you look great in low-cut jeans!

fire eyes
27th May 2008, 16:33
:niceone:I dont ride yet ... but I loveeeeeeeeeee Motorcycles always haveeeee ...ok dont ask why its taken me so long to come searching for this site .. and if anything .. I actually take more interest in the female bikers than males .. now don't be offended because I think male bikers are awesome .. but kiwi female bikers really are something special .. I have had the pleasure of talking to a few regularly .. and wow .. Im just blown away by not only there confidence & attitude .. but by the support, the friendships, the understanding and of course the humour! my mind was innocent before I came here and I could name a few umm .. influences but I wont because you know who you are!!! LOL kiwi female bikers rock .. BIG TIME :2thumbsup

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 17:42
Bit concerned about the mirror/lever situation babe. Any thing you wanna tell unky mart. :blink:

Well, it goes like this.... Ah, F*ck it! I came off!:doh:

No lunch, strong coffee, not concentrating... Need I say more?:no:

martybabe
27th May 2008, 17:53
Well, it goes like this.... Ah, F*ck it! I came off!:doh:

No lunch, strong coffee, not concentrating... Need I say more?:no:

Oh double shite, are you ok ,hope so but this is kinda what I'm on about. I've come off my bike f#ck it, I'm riding down to New Plym soon, be nice to meet you guys. See what I mean ,farkin awesome. You women are cut from iron girders , no wonder you were chosen to have the babies ,tough as old boots and gorgeous. I'm so platonicaly in love with you all. :apint:

n0regret5
27th May 2008, 18:03
Oh double shite, are you ok ,hope so but this is kinda what I'm on about. I've come off my bike f#ck it, I'm riding down to New Plym soon, be nice to meet you guys. See what I mean ,farkin awesome. You women are cut from iron girders , no wonder you were chosen to have the babies ,tough as old boots and gorgeous. I'm so platonicaly in love with you all. :apint:

shall we organise a ride 'n' meet then? most of my mates are up for a ride on the weekends etc, i'm also owed about 4 weeks of holiday time from work...haha! when are you people planning on being down these ways?

all those who have never been to NP or around taranaki, we have some pretty nice backroads if you're ever keen!

merv
27th May 2008, 18:05
Chicks on bikes, yeah you are hot :devil2: and we love you all :love:

007XX
27th May 2008, 18:19
Oops, I think I put site wall flower as my role on kb in rnr the other day. Perhaps i better change it! Any suggestions?

I reckon lovely site princess should do...you got such sweet way about you, in every posts I've read (and no, I'm not hitting on you, so relax...:laugh:)

...even without the benefit of 007XX's lip reading skills!

:D Has proven to be amazingly useful over the years, i assure you. My Cunning linguism is often underestimated :innocent: but has never disappointed to date.

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 18:31
It might even be that with NZ being such a farming country a lot of us have grown up with dirt/farm bikes.... So it's in our blood :banana:

There certainly are a lot more fellow chicks riding then I thought there would be and all whom I have met so far are awesome ladies :2thumbsup

I too grew up on a farm and rode bikes from time to time up until I left when I was 18 for the 'city'.

I've got back into bikes with a big 'push' from hubby.

I have also met a lot of chicks on bikes, and I can say, with the exception of only one chick so far, they are awesome! Keep on rocking, girls!:rockon:

martybabe
27th May 2008, 18:35
with the exception of only one chick so far, they are awesome! Keep on rocking, girls!:rockon:

Now we discussed this and you promised not to call me a chick on the forum. :oi-grr:

PrincessBandit
27th May 2008, 18:35
I reckon lovely site princess should do...you got such sweet way about you, in every posts I've read (and no, I'm not hitting on you, so relax...:laugh:)

:D Has proven to be amazingly useful over the years, i assure you. My Cunning linguism is often underestimated :innocent: but has never disappointed to date.

So 007XY is a master debator?????? You two must be a dream team....;) (don't worry, not hitting on you either) - happy to stick with :hug:!

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 18:47
but kiwi female bikers really are something special .. I have had the pleasure of talking to a few regularly .. and wow .. Im just blown away by not only there confidence & attitude .. but by the support, the friendships, the understanding and of course the humour! my mind was innocent before I came here and I could name a few umm .. influences but I wont because you know who you are!!! LOL kiwi female bikers rock .. BIG TIME :2thumbsup

Innocence! what innocence?? :dodge: :lol:

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 18:50
Now we discussed this and you promised not to call me a chick on the forum. :oi-grr:

:shifty: Awww, Marty, you know I lubs you! :love: See you soon in the Naki!

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 18:58

But, but... We've already met, Marty!:jerry:

shall we organise a ride 'n' meet then? most of my mates are up for a ride on the weekends etc, i'm also owed about 4 weeks of holiday time from work...haha! when are you people planning on being down these ways?

all those who have never been to NP or around taranaki, we have some pretty nice backroads if you're ever keen!

LOL Martybabe lives in NP and I'm an ex Naki-ite and come down regularly to visit the whole fandangled family. Only this time, I will be on the bike! So it'll be weather dependant rah-de-rah... It'll be in the next month or so. I haven't got definite plans yet! There's soooo many people to catch up with/meet! It's gonna be awesomeeee!!

martybabe
27th May 2008, 19:01
Well, i've seen nothing here to cast any doubt on my theory, carry on your all fantastic.

Meekey this ones for you.:love:

Trudes
27th May 2008, 19:02

So 007XY is a master debator?????? You two must be a dream team....;) (don't worry, not hitting on you either) - happy to stick with :hug:!

Oh my, you two are naughty!!! :rockon:

Meekey_Mouse
27th May 2008, 19:02
Well, i've seen nothing here to cast any doubt on my theory, carry on your all fantastic.

Meekey this ones for you.:love:

Awww! Isn't he adorable!!!

:lol:

pana
27th May 2008, 19:04
I too grew up on a farm and rode bikes from time to time up until I left when I was 18 for the 'city'.

I've got back into bikes with a big 'push' from hubby.

I have also met a lot of chicks on bikes, and I can say, with the exception of only one chick so far, they are awesome! Keep on rocking, girls!:rockon:

Damn BC I sorry .... promise not to over take DB ever again ... in the dark :msn-wink:

cos would hate him to spit one ... :baby: heh!!!!

Would have to say you are definitetly one of the loveliest woman on a bike I have met so far ... If only I was that way inclined :apint:

martybabe
27th May 2008, 19:15
But, but... We've already met, Marty!:Jerry:

LOL Martybabe lives in NP and I'm an ex Naki-ite and come down regularly to visit the whole fandangled family.

Man that got confusing fast ,bloody printed word, I was quoting you and your fall off, get up and ride down to new plym attitude. Course we've met, your my only kbeer to date but you are the best one I've met. :bleh:

Stop teasing I'm all confused now.

Yes I live here already but it's a great idea that man, a greet and ride, keep me informed someone ,I've lost the plot.

CookMySock
27th May 2008, 19:23
You women are cut from iron girders , no wonder you were chosen to have the babies ,tough as old boots and gorgeous. I'm so platonicaly in love with you all. :apint:hehe, we hauled her out from under the bike, and stood the machine up. Yep, mirror, brake lever.. So I raided my bike for bits, swapped them over and on she lept and she was gone into the night! :shit:

I was a little surprised myself. Didn't see hide nor hair from her for two days after that.

DB

martybabe
27th May 2008, 19:35
hehe, we hauled her out from under the bike, and stood the machine up. Yep, mirror, brake lever.. So I raided my bike for bits, swapped them over and on she lept and she was gone into the night! :shit:

I was a little surprised myself. Didn't see hide nor hair from her for two days after that.

DB

aint they something. :love:

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 19:37
Damn BC I sorry .... promise not to over take DB ever again ... in the dark :msn-wink:

cos would hate him to spit one ... :baby: heh!!!!

Would have to say you are definitetly one of the loveliest woman on a bike I have met so far ... If only I was that way inclined :apint:

:blink:

We've only met briefly eh! :whistle::jerry::jerry:

BiK3RChiK
27th May 2008, 20:44
Man that got confusing fast ,bloody printed word, I was quoting you and your fall off, get up and ride down to new plym attitude. Course we've met, your my only kbeer to date but you are the best one I've met. :bleh:

Stop teasing I'm all confused now.

Yes I live here already but it's a great idea that man, a greet and ride, keep me informed someone ,I've lost the plot.

Aww... poor Martybabe! Here, have another:drinkup: It's all good! and I can't believe I'm the only KB'er you've met so far! A greet and meet/ride sounds like it's looooong overdue!:yes:

fire eyes
28th May 2008, 05:08
Innocence! what innocence?? :dodge: :lol:
:Oi:Choccy .. are you trying to suggest something inappropriate? LMAO It wasnt me.

scracha
28th May 2008, 05:22
Apologies for any generalisations but generally speaking there appears to be far more women into bikes down under than up above and I think that's firkin brilliant.
:scooter:
Martybabe, there's a lot more girlies on bikes in the UK than you think. Just over 10% of motorcycle license holders in the UK are female and the estimated number of "active" riders brings this up to about 15%.

CookMySock
28th May 2008, 06:58
:Oi:Choccy .. are you trying to suggest something inappropriate? LMAO It wasnt me.She will be, again. ;)

aint they something. :love:Yeah I love them hot MILFs heaps. All of them, lol.

Innocence! what innocence?? :dodge: :lol:Hah, yeah thats all gone lol.

your my only kbeer to datecmon then, grab teh mrs, onyer bike you two.. Isn't there a regular NP KB pub night ?

DB

merv
28th May 2008, 08:24
As for chicks on bikes, who saw the cute Japanese chick on a 4 wheeler down on the farm with her dog where she has become a finalist as the Dairy Farm Manager of the year having been in the country only 7 years?

She said she was looking for a bloke and even asked could she put her phone number on screen, but that got treated as just a joke. Sounded a bit like the opposite of Middlemarch where its the blokes looking.

I liked that TV story.

Mikkel
28th May 2008, 08:34

The ladies love sneaky multi-lingual people... :D

'Sweet Nancy was so fancy
To get into her pantry
Had to be the aristocracy
The member that she toyed with
At her city club
Were something in diplomacy
So we put her on the hit list
Of a common cunning linguist
A master of many tongues
And now she eases gently
From her austin to her bentley
Suddenly she feels so young'

judecatmad
28th May 2008, 08:51
I've noticed a hell of a lot of differences between the land of my birth and Kiwi land in the 10 months I've been here, far more than I could ever have imagined but the biggest eye opener is the amazing women on two wheels.

In England a woman pilot on a bike is a rare sight, sure they exist, everybody knows (of) one but they're as rare as a fall in the cost of petrol.

I wanted a bike from the age of 10, when one of my dad's policeman colleagues came round on his BMW. The main reason I never got a bike in the UK was a lack of a garage and living in an area where any other anti-theft devices simply wouldn't have been enough (Manchester - great place but vehicle crime was terrible). The weather also didn't lend itself to a bike being stuck outside 24/7. I also struggled to pay my car insurance so god only knows how much the insurance on an ungaraged bike would have been!

Unfortunately I've now left it a bit too late from the money side of things and the family responsibilities to be able to replace the bike I finally got (thanks to hubby - go Dave!) and then wrote off :(

Such is life.....

martybabe
28th May 2008, 08:55
Martybabe, there's a lot more girls on bikes in the UK than you think. Just over 10% of motorcycle license holders in the UK are female and the estimated number of "active" riders brings this up to about 15%.

Interesting figures, dunno where they all hide then, maybe London small bike commuters. Do ya have any figures for godzone? Then again, I suppose those racing and farming don't need licences. :niceone:

She will be, again. ;)

Isn't there a regular NP KB pub night ?

DB

Dont think so but .:blink:

As for chicks on bikes, who saw the cute Japanese chick on a 4 wheeler down on the farm with her dog where she has become a finalist as the Dairy Farm Manager of the year having been in the country only 7 years?

She said she was looking for a bloke and even asked could she put her phone number on screen, but that got treated as just a joke. Sounded a bit like the opposite of Middlemarch where its the blokes looking.

I liked that TV story.

Wasn't she an endearing person, yes lovely, warmed to her straight away.

See another rootin tootin down under bikey lass. :clap:

martybabe
28th May 2008, 09:09
I wanted a bike from the age of 10, when one of my dad's policeman colleagues came round on his BMW. The main reason I never got a bike in the UK was a lack of a garage and living in an area where any other anti-theft devices simply wouldn't have been enough (Manchester - great place but vehicle crime was terrible). The weather also didn't lend itself to a bike being stuck outside 24/7. I also struggled to pay my car insurance so god only knows how much the insurance on an ungaraged bike would have been!

Unfortunately I've now left it a bit too late from the money side of things and the family responsibilities to be able to replace the bike I finally got (thanks to hubby - go Dave!) and then wrote off :(

Such is life.....

Aw babe, ya still qualify as a DUYBMOG to me.We've all had a finances stop play period.

007XX
28th May 2008, 09:30

You got it! :laugh: C'mere you :hug:

To get back on topic...I actually owe a lot to my husband for the fact that I ride, and do so reasonnably successfully.

Many reasons: moral support, offering me my first track day as a Christmas Presie, advice and feedback on my riding, and sticking by me on long rides even if I'm only going slow...:2thumbsup

And I think he's not the only one like that...so I reckon that Kiwi blokes can be thanked for their open mindedness of chicks on bikes, because without that support, we probably wouldn't feel so much like giving it a go.

Pussy
28th May 2008, 09:54
And I think he's not the only one like that...so I reckon that Kiwi blokes can be thanked for their open mindedness of chicks on bikes, because without that support, we probably wouldn't feel so much like giving it a go.

Thanks for your support, Veronique, but you girlies are the ones deserving the kudos.
After Gassit Girl's accident in 2002, she never once said "if I get back on a bike", it was "when I get back on a bike". Her left knee was very badly damaged, and it took about ten months, and then she followed up her statement. When Annie was recovering, she used to go out to the shed and sit on her bike... one day I was supporting the back of the bike while she was sitting on it, and she managed to get her left foot on the footpeg, next thing she goes inside and emerges a few minutes later with her bike gear on, and off out she went for her first ride as pilot in command since the accident. A few guys I know would have kicked motorcycling in to touch after such an horrific injury... not Annie, she only saw it as a set back.
In my observation, I reckon most girlies are more thinking riders than blokes. And I would be bloody rapt if I could ever be as fast on a track as Flame, Rossi Gal, Keystone 19 etc etc.
Go you girlies, you make me proud to be fellow motorcyclists! :yes:

BiK3RChiK
28th May 2008, 10:01
I actually owe a lot to my husband for the fact that I ride.

Right on there, 007XX! :niceone:

I don't think I'd be back on a bike if it wasn't for the hubby giving me the 'push' I needed! So, thanks, babe!:love:

martybabe
28th May 2008, 10:39
I'm collecting names for a DUYBMOG of the year competition. The prize will be a pak n save fuel docket with 4c a litre off petroleum distillate, redeemable between 1 oclock and three minutes past 1 on the 26th of may at the caltex in New Plymouth. :clap: I know!

Nominees must be female riders that have overcome some knock-back to keep riding. , judges decision is final and the judge can be bribed. :scratch:

007XX
28th May 2008, 10:45
After Gassit Girl's accident in 2002, she never once said "if I get back on a bike", it was "when I get back on a bike".

Me thinks I'd very much like this lady :yes: As a mate of mine described it: "you got grit!". I thought that was a pretty good expression.

Right on there, 007XX! :niceone:

I don't think I'd be back on a bike if it wasn't for the hubby giving me the 'push' I needed! So, thanks, babe!:love:

:clap:

martybabe
28th May 2008, 11:53
Thanks for your support, Veronique, but you girlies are the ones deserving the kudos.
After Gassit Girl's accident in 2002, she never once said "if I get back on a bike", it was "when I get back on a bike". Her left knee was very badly damaged, and it took about ten months, and then she followed up her statement. When Annie was recovering, she used to go out to the shed and sit on her bike... one day I was supporting the back of the bike while she was sitting on it, and she managed to get her left foot on the footpeg, next thing she goes inside and emerges a few minutes later with her bike gear on, and off out she went for her first ride as pilot in command since the accident. A few guys I know would have kicked motorcycling in to touch after such an horrific injury... not Annie, she only saw it as a set back.
In my observation, I reckon most girls are more thinking riders than blokes. And I would be bloody rapt if I could ever be as fast on a track as Flame, Rossi Gal, Keystone 19 etc etc.

inspiring and yet again proof, if needed ,that kiwi biker ladies are ubercool, I'm glad I put this out now, just an opportunity to applaud the gritty babes we share the roads with. :clap::first:

buellbabe
28th May 2008, 12:17
Further to what someone said about the Kiwi/Aussie attitude being more self-reliant... our ancesters were pioneering stock, they chose (well the Kiwis did!) to go to a godforsaken wild country on the opposite side of the world and carve out a life for themselves.
Men and women side by side slogging it out to survive.
Maybe thats why Kiwi women are more out there and eager to have a go?

That 'can do attitude' is in the genes.

CookMySock
28th May 2008, 13:24

Thanks girls. Yeah we love to show you things we enjoy - much more to come when you're ready, too. And it's pretty cool, watching you getting into something new and exciting.

It's hard for us to slow down a bit and see things your way, but we're getting there.

much love,
Steve

martybabe
28th May 2008, 14:31
Further to what someone said about the Kiwi/Aussie attitude being more self-reliant... our ancestors were pioneering stock, they chose (well the Kiwis did!) to go to a godforsaken wild country on the opposite side of the world and carve out a life for themselves.
Men and women side by side slogging it out to survive.
Maybe that's why Kiwi women are more out there and eager to have a go?

That 'can do attitude' is in the genes.

:clap: That's it, that's the thing I've been grappling for. Spirit ,pioneering spirit if you will but spirit. Kinda, man falls ill, woman goes out and catches dinner whilst feeding the baby,takes the reigns whilst the old man shoots the indians.More equal than opposite, more partnership than relationship, when trials and tribulations come their way they twat em on the nose and just get on with it.

Or more up to date, woman falls off bike, gets up kicks bike and rides on, yes it farkin hurts but so what I'm still gonna ride kinda spirit.

I see it in my teenage daughters friends, " I lost my job at the chip shop Mr martybabe" ....Oh dear what ya gonna do now Hun "gonna get a job at 'another'chip shop of course" No moaning and bleating on for weeks just, I'll sort it it's all good.

Thank you buell babe, that's why I wrote this thread, a tribute to the spirit of NZ bikerbabes and NZ women in general.

Farkin awesome, all of ya. Respect. Martybabe. x :clap:

007XX
28th May 2008, 14:53
Yeah we love to show you things we enjoy - much more to come when you're ready, too. And it's pretty cool, watching you getting into something new and exciting.

It's hard for us to slow down a bit and see things your way, but we're getting there.

So many double entenders, so little time :shutup::devil2::shutup:

CookMySock
28th May 2008, 14:58
So many double entenders, so little time :shutup::devil2::shutup:oh shit, there is too ! LOL Damn! My Bad! LOL :oi-grr:

DB

007XX
28th May 2008, 15:02
oh shit, there is too ! LOL Damn! My Bad! LOL :oi-grr:

DB

Don't apologise...I love being handed such lyrical opportunities to twist an innocent enough comment (as yours was) into something a little more titillating :laugh:

I knew fully well you just meant what you said :hug:in the nicest possible way.

Xile
28th May 2008, 15:33
Was a debutant rider back in France (only bit more than a year riding bikes)..and coming here open my horizon :p

Going to a first trackday and see how many chicks were there just totally amazed me! And so many racers like Keystone or Flame, that are so much faster than so many blokes!

Never thought about putting a knee-down ever in France...and since being here, eventually did it, even move into the medium group on track :p and if I had money, i'll give a go to racing :p

You go kiwi chicks!

MadDuck
28th May 2008, 15:58
[QUOTE=Xile;1583064Going to a first trackday and see how many chicks were there just totally amazed me! [/QUOTE]

My first track day there were 3 chicks out there... just 3.

I am pretty impressed with the growing numbers. Long may it continue :niceone:

CookMySock
28th May 2008, 16:24
Don't apologise...I love being handed such lyrical opportunities to twist an innocent enough comment (as yours was) haha "innocent" ay, but was it ? :p

I knew fully well you just meant what you said :hug:in the nicest possible way.haha, did you now ? :p

It's real real difficult to call that with me.. was he joking ? gee that was a double-entendre, which way around was is intended ? Hard to tell innit ? Why is he grinning so broadly ? :laugh::p :gob: Cheeky cunt! :pinch: LOL

DB

007XX
28th May 2008, 16:34
haha "innocent" ay, but was it ? :p

haha, did you now ? :p

It's real real difficult to call that with me.. was he joking ? gee that was a double-entendre, which way around was is intended ? Hard to tell innit ? Why is he grinning so broadly ? :laugh::p :gob: Cheeky cunt! :pinch: LOL

DB

You know what? I reckon it was...you may be a cheeky character, and one who likes to stir things up sometimes, but I reckon you're also a big softie, and way more of a big pussy cat than you let on.

Oh well...I guess I'll find out one of these days whether I am right or not! :p

Mikkel
28th May 2008, 17:32
cunt!

Easy now tiger, or this goes international... :p

HRH
28th May 2008, 18:05
Yeah, that's the kinda thing Geoff, I still can't put my finger on a definition of the difference but it's markedly there and it's all good. I'm appalled that I can't pigeon hole what it is that makes the women here so whatever it is but what I can say for sure is, it gets nothing but respect outta me.

I know what I mean, I'm off to consult a dictionary, my vocabulary file is sorely lacking on this occasion. :rolleyes:

Perhaps the word you are looking for is "sack"? Metaphorically speaking, Kiwi women have the balls to have a crack at anything and the talents to make a damn good job of it in the process :)

CookMySock
28th May 2008, 18:18
but I reckon you're also a big softie, and way more of a big pussy cat than you let on.:Pokey: sharrrrtarrrrrrrrp maaaaaan, you will get me found-out !!

DB

rachprice
28th May 2008, 18:39
Whats DUYBMOG?

Evo1132
28th May 2008, 19:34
Gotta love them bikes.

martybabe
28th May 2008, 19:58
Whats DUYBMOG?

Down under yummy bikerchicks made of granite. :love:

rachprice
28th May 2008, 20:03

Oh, well why didnt I think of that
Sounds accurate haha :P

ceebie13
28th May 2008, 20:51
Sorry Marty... I can't agree with your initial sentiments.
Before I emigrated to NZ, every bike event, every bike shop, every bike meet, every bike race meeting, every bike exhibition, every ride out was littered with female riders and/or pillions.

I arrived here in NZ in Jan 2004 and thought that this was a country that was only just starting out in the female biker stakes. Sure there were some around but nowhere near as many as in the UK.

The obvious reason would be the population differentials.

Whatever, being amongst female riders is great even if it does bring out the testosterone amongst some of the egotistical male riders. Long may we continue to enjoy their company. Thanks to all of the girls Lyn and I have met
in the four years we have been here for mixing it up with the blokes!

Good on ya!

martybabe
28th May 2008, 21:30
Sorry Marty... I can't agree with your initial sentiments.
Before I emigrated to NZ, every bike event, every bike shop, every bike meet, every bike race meeting, every bike exhibition, every ride out was littered with female riders and/or pillions.

Good on ya!

That's ok mate ,your experience is different to mine, don't matter. I was a member of the biggest owners club in the uk and I don't recall ever seeing a lady pilot,Harley club in the channel isles, not a one, bike meets, maybe a few, pillions by the squillions but no I've never personally known or ridden with a lady biker till I came here. Must be my deodorant. :laugh:

007XX
29th May 2008, 09:23
:Pokey: sharrrrtarrrrrrrrp maaaaaan, you will get me found-out !!

DB

Oh c'mon...don't be shy! I'll tickle you under the chin, I promise...:D

Who's got granite where? :shit:

martybabe
29th May 2008, 09:49
Who's got granite where? :shit:

feminine 'ard dear, made of strong stuff ,ladies with grit, balls , determination, girls with bottle, guts, iron will. Metaphorical granite, hard as but feminine. :yes:

You said you were fluent in martybabeish. :laugh:

Right I'm back to the virginity thread ,never seen so many lies in one thread. :innocent:

PrincessBandit
29th May 2008, 09:58

Maid of granite then perhaps?? Dunno, I prefer to be soft (and cuddly)...

007XX
29th May 2008, 10:15
feminine 'ard dear, made of strong stuff ,ladies with grit, balls , determination, girls with bottle, guts, iron will. Metaphorical granite, hard as but feminine. :yes:

Right I'm back to the virginity thread ,never seen so many lies in one thread. :innocent:

:rolleyes:...yes, I know, I know, I was just ...never mind! :laugh:

virginity thread? did I miss something here? Curse be my work keeping me away from KB :mad:

martybabe
29th May 2008, 11:07
Maid of granite then perhaps?? Dunno, I prefer to be soft (and cuddly)...

Ok Princess. You can be a DUYBMOABOGBSAC :rolleyes:

Down under yummy biker chick made of a bit of granite but soft and cuddly. Just trips off the tongue that one. :hug:

:rolleyes:...yes, I know, I know, I was just ...never mind! :laugh:

virginity thread? did I miss something here? Curse be my work keeping me away from KB :mad:

Ah, I suspected your obtuseness but I'm never sure on here, of every two words I write one will be misunderstood. :lol: I site in my defence the walking penis episode. I nearly lost your friend ship and patronage on that one and that will not be happening again, not on my watch.

So you didn't think I was calling ya granite butt then. :laugh:

007XX
29th May 2008, 11:44
I nearly lost your friend ship and patronage on that one and that will not be happening again, not on my watch.

Sweet heart, you'd have to try a damn site harder than that to lose my friendship, so relax:hug:...I was just yanking your chain. But yes, sometimes, the internet can be really misleading, so I'll try to be a little clearer when I take the piss :D

So you didn't think I was calling ya granite butt then. :laugh:

Sheesh, I wish...I've seen some amazing statues made out of Granite back in France, with curves so beautiful, one can only stare in awe :love: I've been a little lazy of late, and so the exercise regimen has fallen behind, and so as my rear :laugh:

Amazingly though (and to get back somewhat on topic :innocent:), I have found that having nicely toned Gluteus Maximus helped tremenduously in staying cramp free on long bike rides.

mashman
29th May 2008, 12:04
Amazingly though (and to get back somewhat on topic :innocent:), I have found that having nicely toned Gluteus Maximus helped tremenduously in staying cramp free on long bike rides.

May I offer my services... I'm quite happy to sit pillion for the purposes of massaging yer butt to ease you pain... A completely selfless act...

007XX
29th May 2008, 12:49
May I offer my services...

You may offer, but it is highly unlikely I will ever take you up on it...a very sweet thought though...:D

mashman
29th May 2008, 13:18
Heh, never thought for a moment you would have taken me up on it :shifty:, but try it and if you're not overly happy with the service you could just toss me off... :bleh: Failing that it'd be a great excuse for having the male of choice on the back of your bike to perform such a service...

I do have a lervely biker chick pal in Christcurch and although natively Australian shes the epitomy of the topic and has met many similar bikey chick chums... why the hell else do you think i came over here...

flame
29th May 2008, 16:57
And I would be bloody rapt if I could ever be as fast on a track as Flame, Rossi Gal, Keystone 19 etc etc.

Awww geeze thats sweet of ya! Truth is, it's the support of all bikers, male and female that gets us going out there:niceone: Its just so encouraging knowing people are so supporting, weather I go well or when I go really badly (like last weekend....it was a complete mare!!!) there are always words of kindness and support coming at ya to help get back on track and hanging out for the next meeting.

The biker world is full of awesomeness!! And in line with this thread.....Ive met some truely fantastic chick riders that I consider to be a rare but wonderful breed amongst women, they are simply AWESOME!

martybabe
29th May 2008, 17:15
And in line with this thread.....Ive met some truely fantastic chick riders that I consider to be a rare but wonderful breed amongst women, WE are simply AWESOME!

I took the liberty of changing they to we because you are one of the amazing women of which I speak. Flame on girl. :niceone:

hellkat
30th May 2008, 22:10
dem hawt asian biker babes

Dunno about over here, but there's at least two hot young oriental hussies on the UK bike forum I hang out on, both who whom ride regularly in and around London ... you just been looking in the wrong places :bleh:

hellkat
30th May 2008, 22:14
There's enough biker girlies in the UK for me not to have noticed that theres' a SHORTAGE of us over there ... not to have felt out of place on the front of a bike instead of the back (although I like being there, too).

I don't really do that I am Woman Hear Me Roar thing, I just get on with riding, although admittedly I ride like a granny :o I do like it if I am riding a road-legal trailie (my passion), guys rarely expect it to be a bird, and they do a bit of a double take. But other than that ... yeah, I know plenty of birds who ride in the UK.

Shells
2nd June 2008, 08:38
Martybabe, there's a lot more girlies on bikes in the UK than you think. Just over 10% of motorcycle license holders in the UK are female and the estimated number of "active" riders brings this up to about 15%.

I'd agree with that statement but moreover, alot of us also spilt over into motards and motocross/enduros years ago and still get the boys marvelling at a women atop a WR450 so guess the novelty factor ain't worn off yet. So if the numbers seemed a bit low on the road, perhaps we were all off doin our dirty pursuits :)