PDA

View Full Version : Wanted: 250 for a couple of hours!

Wally Simmonds
28th May 2008, 12:15
Hi guys,

I know this is a big ask but since I sold my 250 a bit prematurely (was hoping to use my friends bandit, but he er...blew it up - see the online trading thread!) I need a 250 to sit my full on in a couple of weeks. So I ask you, Kiwibiker, can you help me out at all? I could go to interesting times, but I thought I'd appeal to the generosity of KB first.

Er...I'm good with computers, so could do something there for the motorbike lender, or a box of high quality beers or somesuch.

Reply to this thread or PM me - I won't crash your bike, honest. I'm in Wellywood.

Wally

captain_andrey
28th May 2008, 12:57
http://www.0800mopeds.co.nz/ will hire you out a 250 for a day. A friend of mine just did his test on one of them.

Wally Simmonds
28th May 2008, 14:01
Hi guys,
I could go to interesting times/0800moped, but I thought I'd appeal to the generosity of KB first.

They're my last resort. I'm trying to be a cheaparse and save myself 160 bucks.

captain_andrey
28th May 2008, 18:18
They're my last resort. I'm trying to be a cheaparse and save myself 160 bucks.

Wow really? My friend got it for $60 a day and I think the standard price was $80

Where are you doing the test? And when, eg weekend, workday etc

Wally Simmonds
28th May 2008, 19:34
As soon as I can book it. I'll know in a couple of days, but I suspect near the end of June.

peasea
28th May 2008, 22:02
Hi guys,

I know this is a big ask but since I sold my 250 a bit prematurely (was hoping to use my friends bandit, but he er...blew it up - see the online trading thread!) I need a 250 to sit my full on in a couple of weeks. So I ask you, Kiwibiker, can you help me out at all? I could go to interesting times, but I thought I'd appeal to the generosity of KB first.

Er...I'm good with computers, so could do something there for the motorbike lender, or a box of high quality beers or somesuch.

Reply to this thread or PM me - I won't crash your bike, honest. I'm in Wellywood.

Wally

PM xerxesdaphat, he has a spare GN250 I hear...........

bungbung
29th May 2008, 09:21
You're welcome to borrow the mighty GL145 of doom

Wally Simmonds
29th May 2008, 13:53
Er...what's wrong with it? :P

Hell, I don't care - as long as it allows me to pass the test!

fizbin
29th May 2008, 13:57
come take the test in aucks you can borrow mine!:scooter:

bungbung
29th May 2008, 14:34
Er...what's wrong with it? :P

There's nothing wrong with it, it's pretty basic compared to a GSXR.
It's in Lower Hutt, you can get some adjustment practice in first.

Wally Simmonds
29th May 2008, 15:14
Thanks, really appreciate that! I'll pm you once I've booked and give you a definite date.

Many thanks once again...got any beer preference or need any IT work done? :P

bungbung
29th May 2008, 15:35
No real need for IT work, beer is good.
Tuatara IPA or Pilsner