PDA

View Full Version : Tomb Raider voted best bike chase on film

clint640
29th May 2008, 09:45
NZ Herald Article: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/9/story.cfm?c_id=9&objectid=10513016

...in which they demonstrate quite a lack of knowledge about the motorcycles & movies in question. :bash:

Clint

Oops, forgot to check the news section... where's that delete button gone?

riffer
29th May 2008, 10:33
They obviously never saw Mission Impossible 2, although I'd mark that one down for constantly changing tyres on the motorcycles.

Still, its the movies. It's not like its reality or anything.

Big Dave
29th May 2008, 11:21
Worried about an anorak-ed spotty geek screaming re-post clinty?

clint640
29th May 2008, 11:51
Oh yeah, wracked with guilt.;)

I might have to watch Tomb Raider now so I can appreciate Ms Jolie's efforts on the legendary TRX80.:lol:

MI2 was bullshit. The idea that our hero can't outrun a Nissan Patrol through city streets on a 916 but can shoot at someone behind them while doing a rolling stoppie is requiring just a little bit too much of my disbelief to be suspended.

Clint

breakaway
29th May 2008, 12:14
The Matrix Reloaded Keanu Reeves races away from agents into oncoming traffic

Wasn't that trinity?

Big Dave
29th May 2008, 12:17
great escape.

magnum force. clint (other one) chases starsky around the aircraft carrier.

terminator.

n0regret5
29th May 2008, 12:40
i think transporter 2..or might've been hitman. the bikers were the bad guys but fuck they pulled off some awesome stuff. i'll get back to you on that one

MD
29th May 2008, 12:46
Another 48 Hours. The Eddie Murphie & Nick Nolte flick.
Those were some real bad arse Bikers in that one. And they knew how to ride.

90s
29th May 2008, 14:04
The Matrix Reloaded Keanu Reeves races away from agents into oncoming traffic

Wasn't that trinity?

Yep, or her stunt double. There's a good bit on the special features where they show the making of this and they do cut through 1/2 the cars. The other 1/2 were added in GCI post-prod, but its still fairly exciting watching that Duc lane-split against the traffic, and pretty cool to watch them choreograph it out.

Krayy
29th May 2008, 14:32
Holy shit!!

I couldn't find a single correct fact in the whole article. Who the f**k is the Monkey typing out this trash in our "leading" newspaper? And presumably if it's in the motoring section, it's written by a motoring journo. God help us.

List of f**k ups:

1. Tomb Raider - Angelina Jolie's sexy heroine races to the rescue
Chase? She was in a damn garage and was not "leather-clad: as the article suggests. If she was in leather, then it would be the scene where she's riding to the auction house and not on a "heroic resuce"

2. The Great Escape - Steve McQueen's chase sequence to the Swiss border
I'll give him this one.

3. Top Gun - Tom Cruise rides to see his new love interest
She wasn't his love interest at that point, and she was chasing him. And the whole "chase" was going through 1 red light.

4. The Matrix Reloaded Keanu Reeves races away from agents into oncoming traffic
It was Trinity, numbnuts.

5. Terminator 2: Judgement Day - Arnold Schwarzenegger and Edward Furlong are chased by a Terminator.
FFS, Furlong was being chased by Robert Patrick, and Arnie was chasing him.

avgas
29th May 2008, 15:46
Torque, someone opens the throttle on a Y2K and stays on the road......only in the movies eh