PDA

View Full Version : What becomes of the broken bucketed?

F5 Dave
30th May 2008, 09:48
ok while this might appear similar to the Ivan thread I want to hit it from a different angle.

While driving the van to work (it's ok I have bike stickers fitted) I wonder what actually happens to the buckets that people sell & we never see again. Pre TM I had friends sell buckets that had no chance of becoming street legal, no road parts, race seats, no airboxes etc

What is their fate? People must buy them thinking they will tinker with them but never finish, or never get the balls to front up to a meeting?

I mean we all know 'Gunnas' (gunna get a round toit etc). The absolutely pathetic people in life that you wonder how they manage to hold down a job, never get anything done etc. But are there really that many people like that? I only know 2. & one of them managed to race a bucket + larger bikes & I've seen that bucket again.

So where are the rest? In a corner of the garage with a sheet over them, after 10 years taken to the tip?:crybaby:

Sketchy, where's your ex Goat RG100, that was a bike capable of race wins?
Or Bayden's old Kawasaki.
Or Glen's RZ/MT125, or Kawasaki?

Buddha#81
30th May 2008, 10:14
My first bucket a MB100 was sold cheap, with the understanding that its was to be ridden.........came out once and has never been seen again.......imagine
how big our feilds would be if all the buckets come out of retirement.

Joni
30th May 2008, 10:29
Quite a few dead or retired buckets in Chch land up in our garage... Doh!

Kickaha feels the need to collect them in case he needs it one day...

:thud:

koba
30th May 2008, 10:32
Im gunna build one one of these days.... ;)

F5 Dave
30th May 2008, 10:39
Yeah people starting off are building them. But what about the old ones?

As a side-note what about the sidecars? When I first started racing at Ohakea there were about 20 that turned up to the GP. Now the class is dead. So did they all go to the tip? They're a bit big & bulky to all be languishing in garages.

NSR143
30th May 2008, 10:43
I always try to add caviet relating to sale price... If they are not seen racing within 3 months they owe me another $50 or $100, i did this with some leathers recently

Skunk
30th May 2008, 10:46
Id love to get my hands on Pickle/Speedpros old one. Skiddys got it I think but I have no contact number.

F5 Dave
30th May 2008, 10:52
I know how to get hold of him, but What's the point? no one to race against + you have to concentrate on what you have or there will be endless moaning about how you can't afford to keep the ever expanding fleet going.

Simplify simplify.

Skunk
30th May 2008, 11:03
Not my style. :laugh: The money thing is getting better too. Just not yet.

I'm more interested in making sure it doesn't get trashed and keeping track of it.

It's a one day thing. Not a right now thing.

EDIT: I can see Dave now shaking his head, throwing his hands up in despair... :lol:

nudemetalz
30th May 2008, 12:47
There were bucket-sidecars back when I raced at Wigram in the late 80's.
Awesome fun to watch.
How the heck would you get on at the Slipway with one. Hard enough to pass on a bike let alone something 3 times wider !!!

However, I could be keen on building one if someone else is. Wouldn't want it to be the only one of course :cool:

Pumba
30th May 2008, 13:24
My RX is a bucket that dissapeared from Mt Wellington and hasent been seen in a few years, and my understanding is that I am the 4th owner scince it was seen last. So they do turn up now and then.

Being heavely involved in boat racing over the last 12 years the same thing happens, extremly quick, hot boats dissapear and resurface years later, normally when they resurface the current owner doesnt have a clue what they have got and that is the time to get in and get a bargin:msn-wink:

F5 Dave
30th May 2008, 13:34
Not my style. ... :Sorry? you have a style?

Clan Griffith seem to have bought a bunch of fast Manuatu ones over the years but haven't seen them for a while, problem being it is a distance to wgtn, although we used to make the trip in the other direction all the time.

Actually I might give Dave a call, just found his card.

Rams very fast TS100 was sold to a friend & was then stolen to show up later as pieces. Dumb crooks, steal a unique looking 100 festooned with handmade watercooling etc, what are you going to do with it Duh!

Kickaha
30th May 2008, 17:52
As a side-note what about the sidecars? When I first started racing at Ohakea there were about 20 that turned up to the GP. Now the class is dead. So did they all go to the tip? They're a bit big & bulky to all be languishing in garages.

Thye're not to big and bulky to languish up against the outside of the garage though trust me I know

MattRSK
30th May 2008, 18:05
This time I'm really gunna..........

Sketchy_Racer
30th May 2008, 19:26
I sold my old RG100 to a guy called Stanko on here. I think he still has it. It's named the yellow peril. It has been modified a bit since i had it.

That thing certainly went well, just struggled with reliability.

koba
30th May 2008, 20:11
However, I could be keen on building one if someone else is. Wouldn't want it to be the only one of course :cool:

When I looked at the MNZ bucket rules and saw the sidecar class info I drew a few ideas out on a sketchpad.
Dunno how well it would all work tho.

I would like to do one in the distant future but it isn't likley to happen any time soon due to the skunk style of lotsa wee toys to tinker with!

stanko
30th May 2008, 22:34
I sold my old RG100 to a guy called Stanko on here. I think he still has it. It's named the yellow peril. It has been modified a bit since i had it.

That thing certainly went well, just struggled with reliability.

I still have it, we ran it at the Cams meet last weekend , will be at BOB next week, its being ridden by Cameron Jones

Skunk
31st May 2008, 08:53
Or Glen's RZ/MT125, or Kawasaki?
I have Glens KH less the top end of the motor - Gavin 'lost' it.
The KH had been modified by Gav and was no longer functional. Got the swingarm and other pieces.
I have a new frame, replacement engine parts and bits to get it together again though as a road bike not a bucket. Hardly the same bike after all the 'broken' bits are replaced. But that's where it went.

I also have Glen's RZ/MT less the engine. Glen kept that.
The RZ frame was fucked - bent forks and other bits after it's crash at the Lower Hutt Riverbank carpark. Wheels were OK though. They're going on the TZR/TF125 bucket I'm building for Leigh. Got the swingarm and other pieces.

Buddha#81
31st May 2008, 09:27
I still have it, we ran it at the Cams meet last weekend , will be at BOB next week, its being ridden by Cameron Jones

Ohhhh NZ 125GP Champ on it, how does the other Team YL Factory rider feel about that then?:bash::first:

stanko
31st May 2008, 13:03
Ohhhh NZ 125GP Champ on it, how does the other Team YL Factory rider feel about that then?:bash::first:

hes coming right

dangerous
1st June 2008, 08:39
I reckon you are on the right path Dave, most end up at the back of a garage or behind it rottoing away... why these people wont sell I dont know you can offer them money but they dont get back to ya... in the mean time they rot away a bit more, its like they are hanging on the the last thread of there childhood...
Then theres the tidy buckets like my MT replica, it sat for ages in a garage and would still be there had word of mouth not goten to me and I offered him some doe (helped that he wanted money for a hot rod)
I got this bike with a MB proddy, Gav brought that from me and it has never been seen since?

Kickaha
1st June 2008, 08:46
I got this bike with a MB proddy, Gav brought that from me and it has never been seen since?

I think you'll find those bits ended up with James and Neil

Buddha#81
1st June 2008, 11:21
Kickaha and Diesel Pig are guilty of hording bikes that don't get to see the light of day!

Sully60
1st June 2008, 12:32
Kickaha and Diesel Pig are guilty of hording bikes that don't get to see the light of day!

As opposed to the ones that end up at Ivan's that get pulled apart and left outside;)

dangerous
1st June 2008, 18:17
I think you'll find those bits ended up with James and Neil
Just like the club slut did :angry:

arnt they just, whats the deal there do ya reckon?

stanko
1st June 2008, 18:43
Supply and demand, market forces etc. If we let alll the old shitters and not so shitters onto the market it will be flooded and people would care even less about them. People that hoard old buckets are doing the bucket community a service. Its just like the tax cuts if the cuts are too big everyones mortgage will go up. I commend DP and Kickaha for their community minded and unselfish work

gav
1st June 2008, 19:20
Yip, James reckons he will use that MB, he has an NSR250 rolling chassis it may find a home with. Sometimes wonder what happened to some of my old bikes. Back when I was racing in Nelson, i sold 3 or 4 ready to race bikes to guys keen to get into the sport. I know where one, my old hot TS90, ended up, the guy seized the motor and stored it under his house, but he then boarded it up and its probably still there. He's since sold the house. In 50 years or so, someone might find it, wonder what they will think of it? Don't know what happened to couple of the others, AJTurbo might know? G4TR 100, with pipe, big carb, rearsets, clipons etc. Suzuki GT50? Yoshi CB100? CG125? hmmm

stanko
1st June 2008, 19:26
There my old bucket in your sig Gav !

dangerous
1st June 2008, 21:01
Suzuki GT50?
hahaha... that the one you did a runner fom the coppers on Gav :apint:

There my old bucket in your sig Gav !

yeah... and he primed that lovely white tank in matt black... what was he thinking :oi-grr:

Kickaha
1st June 2008, 21:04
Just like the club slut did :angry:

You still whining about that?

arnt they just, whats the deal there do ya reckon?

I think the deal is they both do a lot more racing all over the country than you ever have/will so they pick and choose what bikes and what meetings they will do

I commend DP and Kickaha for their community minded and unselfish work

Your appreciation for our efforts is duly noted, I'll change your next bike tyres for free

dangerous
1st June 2008, 21:07
You still whining about that?

I think the deal is they both do a lot more racing all over the country than you ever have/will so they pick and choose what bikes and what meetings they will do

OHHHHhhh... pull ya head in ya grumph old cunt :finger:

ps: DP gets around no more than me and James hasent raced anything for 2 years.

Kickaha
1st June 2008, 21:12
ps: DP gets around no more than me and James hasent raced anything for 2 years.

I was talking DP and myself, but your comprehension skills are equal to your spelling

Really, didn't see you racing at Wanganui,Puke,Manfeild or Wyndham last year, going up to Wanganui and Taupo at Christmas are you? :finger:

diesel pig
1st June 2008, 21:57
ps: DP gets around no more than me

Funny I didn't see you racing a bucket at E-sheds,Blenheim,Coal Creek,Rakaia,Kaikoura and Hokitika Mr johnny comelately

Kickaha
1st June 2008, 22:22
Funny I didn't see you racing a bucket at E-sheds,Blenheim,Rakaia,Kaikoura and Hokitika Mr johnny comelately

It was probably wet

Bren_chch
1st June 2008, 22:31
hes coming right

no he aint!!! :girlfight:

:lol:

=cJ=
1st June 2008, 23:02
Hehe, might have had me arm twisted to get one back on the track...

I'll let the owner own up to who's it is if they want to.

Learning curve has begun :D!

dangerous
2nd June 2008, 09:44
Funny I didn't see you racing a bucket at E-sheds,Blenheim,Coal Creek,Rakaia,Kaikoura and Hokitika Mr johnny comelately

We are talking about the presant here, fuck me I havent heard of half of those places, apart from going up north for 'a' race I doubt you will be doing any more than me... remember I have only been doing this shit for the last 3yrs.

And I have had about enough of this shit, we all used to be such a friendly family.

Trudes
2nd June 2008, 10:07
Yeah, you guys are so competitive!!! I think you all need to just get on the piss and talk some shite together... how about next Saturday night?:)

Buckets4Me
2nd June 2008, 15:46
I got one from Parmy North taking up space in the garage an old cb125 single
hoping a friend will quit with his street magic and race it one day
I also have an rs125 with gp125 suzuki that WILL!! be going for Taupo this christmass i hope
i have sold 2 cb125 twins 1 still races at mt wellington and the other hase been garaged the owner having stoped racing buckets

i have an rg50 from wellingotn that is being raced up here i think from what f5dave was saying it is a bitsa bike (bitsa his bike and bitsa of other bikes)

Skunk
2nd June 2008, 16:35
Yeah, you guys are so competitive!!! I think you all need to just get on the piss and talk some shite together... how about next Saturday night?:)
I know just the place too. I might even crash the night. How about you?

Skunk
2nd June 2008, 16:38
I also have an rs125 with gp125 suzuki that WILL!! be going for Taupo this christmas
Cool. Taupo Road Race Spectacular is a great meeting (no points so everyone is relaxed). We bucketeers from north and south should get garages next to each other. Say 6-8 per garage? That'll be cheap enough.

gav
2nd June 2008, 20:05
yeah... and he primed that lovely white tank in matt black... what was he thinking :oi-grr:

That it looks farkin' better in matt black than appliance white? :msn-wink:
Its not a show bike, I'll leave that up to you!

Bren_chch
2nd June 2008, 20:13
That it looks farkin' better in matt black than appliance white? :msn-wink:
Its not a show bike, I'll leave that up to you!

OOO GAV! thats a good one!!! :lol::lol:

mr bucketracer
15th February 2014, 11:44
Sorry? you have a style?

Clan Griffith seem to have bought a bunch of fast Manuatu ones over the years but haven't seen them for a while, problem being it is a distance to wgtn, although we used to make the trip in the other direction all the time.

Actually I might give Dave a call, just found his card.

Rams very fast TS100 was sold to a friend & was then stolen to show up later as pieces. Dumb crooks, steal a unique looking 100 festooned with handmade watercooling etc, what are you going to do with it Duh!the old man can't of given me the message:innocent:

jasonu
16th February 2014, 18:31
Rams very fast TS100 was sold to a friend & was then stolen to show up later as pieces. Dumb crooks, steal a unique looking 100 festooned with handmade watercooling etc, what are you going to do with it Duh!

Ram-Steve Diprose-Kel-thieving coconuts.

F5 Dave
17th February 2014, 06:25
I thought it was stolen off your trailer. Did you not own it?

jasonu
17th February 2014, 07:01
I thought it was stolen off your trailer. Did you not own it?

Na I never owned that pile. I did ride it once. Had a near vertical fork angle and around 18hp. I thought it was shit but since it won Auckland and National titles what would I know. Kel bought it from SD, made it go slower and then one night it disappeared from his shed.
The bikes I built were pinched along with my (employers) trailer.

F5 Dave
17th February 2014, 08:08
Ahh, that was where I was getting confused with the blue framed twin shock early RS huh?

quallman1234
17th February 2014, 08:52
If anyone gives a shit.

My Aprilla RS50 frame (ex ivan), AX100 engine was scrapped, brought a TF125, put TF in, rode once around the block. Too much of a useless person. Pulled the engine out, engine ended up at Skunks, for leigh's bucket.
Aprilla frame was given to auckland people (muahhaha suckers), so the guys up there with one had a spare swingarm, apparently headset was to be cut off and potentially used on a sidecar.

My FXR is in glen's garage awaiting restoration, hopefully out next month ;).

speedpro
19th February 2014, 20:02
And yet Gary reckons Dave's RS50 chassis with my engine currently in it, is the sweetest handling bike he's ever ridden. He swapped the shock out for a pitbike shock and they've messed with the forks. Whatever, it's a weapon though a bit heavy. Roll on Tokoroa as I think the whole of Team Schnanny will be there.

quallman1234
20th February 2014, 10:33
And yet Gary reckons Dave's RS50 chassis with my engine currently in it, is the sweetest handling bike he's ever ridden. He swapped the shock out for a pitbike shock and they've messed with the forks. Whatever, it's a weapon though a bit heavy. Roll on Tokoroa as I think the whole of Team Schnanny will be there.

Single sided? Or the new one?

It actually handled really well, considering how shit it was. The let down was the tire choice of a 16" on the front.
But really the thing was fucked, and had been for a while. Dents in the frame from Ivan drilling through and bolting nylons directly to the frame and crashing on them.
Swingarm was okay.

Still have the tank cover at home.