PDA

View Full Version : Kawa zx10r

Cajun
30th December 2004, 13:55
On monday took the brother in laws zx10r for a little blast only did maybe 60kms on it, around the roads coming back from rotovegas, was an alright bike, seamed harder on the wrists then the sixxer, but got use to it. The ram air roar was good, but kawasakis have always had the best ram air sound.

The front radial mounted brakes with wavy discs, didn't have the same initial bite as the sixxers radical mounted ones. Felt same once had a good handful, but initinal bite i think is a little laking, in a bike with this sorta power.

And the power, i mean awsome, it just pulls even from as low as 4000rpm it just pulled, you could feel if you rev it the sort power it would put out, did a couple of quick starts off the line, it was easyer to get fast of the line the gixxer, on the open road you could really sit in 2-3 i was using 3-4 most of time, didn't really get much of chance to really rev it, but felt great, only thing i miss going back down to the sixxer, the punch coming out corners, you get with a bigger bike. Handling was great, this bike was setup a little hard for me(brother in law is a good 20kgs on me, so reason why) it held lines well, even when hitting bumps mid corner.

All in all a great handling/power bike, one downside the styling but each to the own.

It would be a find bike to ride every once and a while for a bit of difference, but i much pefered the bike i currently have.

Enjoy

750Y
4th January 2005, 21:04
that's really interesting N. to be honest i was expecting to hear better things tho.

Cajun
5th January 2005, 06:31
that's really interesting N. to be honest i was expecting to hear better things tho.
I though it would be much better than i though as well, after reading all the reviews also, i wasn't very happy with the brakes really, that the sorta insane speeds it goes, i would like something that gripped better quicker. But that could be easy fixed really.

Quasievil
5th January 2005, 06:56
SAme sought of brakes as the gixxers ? mine pulls up madly awesome brakes infact the brakes would be the best on any bike I have ever ridden in my opinion. Most test reports report the same opinion. Maybe you werent using them effectively?

The induction noise is certanly awesome, the 636 absolutely roars at revs, I find ear plugs a must when revving hard.

Styling, matter of taste , personally I think Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda, have got the modern look and the gixxer is fashoining the same look its had for years, kinda boring and dated, the three jappas mention above have got sharper lines and a more modern look. The Gixxer has dated itself, Ive read that opinion in a number of mags as well.

Cajun
5th January 2005, 09:44
SAme sought of brakes as the gixxers ? mine pulls up madly awesome brakes infact the brakes would be the best on any bike I have ever ridden in my opinion. Most test reports report the same opinion. Maybe you werent using them effectively?

The induction noise is certanly awesome, the 636 absolutely roars at revs, I find ear plugs a must when revving hard.

Styling, matter of taste , personally I think Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda, have got the modern look and the gixxer is fashoining the same look its had for years, kinda boring and dated, the three jappas mention above have got sharper lines and a more modern look. The Gixxer has dated itself, Ive read that opinion in a number of mags as well.
they are both use four-piston radial-mounted front brakes, but the zx10r has the wavey discs, and must run different pads.

how can i use them effectively? you squese them to slow down, , sitting at same speeds, and pulling them same as i would on my bike, the initnal bite is not as good, but once biting they feel same as mine.

Thats one thing kawa have always had even from some of the first zx6r the roar from induction noise.

I have most of time liked kawa looks, i love the look of the zx7rr, and the like the look zx6r model before yours.
How can you say suzuki is fashoining the same look, i mean it might not have the undertail like all other books are going, some people do not like undertail exhusts. Shape lines, my tail is pretty much same as yours, the nose is sharp and pointy.

Modern look, what is modern look, its like saying just cause, your bike doesn't look like all the rest, its dated. I mean thats just like being a tready(or whatever ya call them), has to do whats in at the moment, if that is what it is, doesn't worry me i don't follow treadys, i wear what i want, and listen to what i want and ride what i want. And don't have keep changing every 1-2 years cause the tread has changed.

The gsxr has always been a race bike with headlights, i know this is the way of most sports bikes now, but this is how they have always been designed for racing, yes a bit of styling does come in to it. Alot of the bike mags are usual comparing the 1000cc bikes, most sports bikes have a 3 year life cycle before they are revamped, so the last model was against all the new bikes of yamaha, kawasaki and honda, and in turn suzuki have got a new bike out this year, in there 3 year life cycle of there models.

Shrug donno kawa, but that was just my personal prefence of going for a 60km ride on it, i mean the brakes is only one small point on the overall package. the rest of package was good.

The Ragin Cajun

Sensei
5th January 2005, 10:57
Mate who is a mechanic at bike shop here & race's F3 . Road one the other day after service , said it had just about the same bottom end & mid range as my 03 GSXR1000 but more top end . But didn't even come close to the comfort offered by the GSXR & this was one of the many reason's I brought it ovr the rest . R1 ,,Mille,Daytona ,ZX10 . Still all these bike's rock in one way or another & would love to have 1 of each in the shed .
SENSEI :shifty:

scroter
5th January 2005, 11:16
only ridden one of the new big four, the R1. holy shit give me 10 of them best bike ive ever ridden by miles. i was suprised the fun factor was still there with it being so easy to ride and all. id like to take the kwaka for a spin i think id like that from what i hear it seems to be the one with the attitude. corse i still aint gonna buy either of them.

Motoracer
5th January 2005, 11:48

Styling, matter of taste , personally I think Kawasaki, Yamaha and Honda, have got the modern look and the gixxer is fashoining the same look its had for years, kinda boring and dated, the three jappas mention above have got sharper lines and a more modern look. The Gixxer has dated itself, Ive read that opinion in a number of mags as well.Brakes on the new Gixxers are one of the best, Kawasaki should be the same from what is on paper, tho I haven't ridden one.

Eh? Suzuki makes the most rad looking bikes around. The K5 1000 is so out of this world that it is just a bit too weird for me infact. It looks like some kind of futuristic robot or somewhat so I wouldn't say they aren't modern or they don't experiment with something new. Also the new 600 is just the meanest looking thing around with it's awesome sharp angles.

The only thing that they have stuck to the "old" styling with is the exhaust pipe on the side, unlike all the rest of the bikes who have gone with the underseat exhaust.

I am not bagging Kawasakis either, they are great too.

But as you said, styling all a matter of personal opinion. I just thought I’d voice mine as well.