PDA

View Full Version : Beer !!!

wari
2nd November 2002, 12:51
So yous fullas and fullesses .... whats your favourite beer , or drink of choice?

I'm partial to most kinds .... but currently enjoy the darker varieties ... Speights Old Dark Please

:beer:

Stormer
2nd November 2002, 14:28
I`m a lager man myself, although anything free is good too!
Currently getting into overseas brands, especially the higher percent ones, good stuff!!!!
Might just pour myself one now,seeming as the weather down here at the moment is @#%&!! Cheers.
Ride safe,
Stormer

SPman
2nd November 2002, 15:46
This time of year - Speights Summer Ale, - and its back on sale now.

kawasaki kid
2nd November 2002, 16:51
being from the west coast theres only one beer worth drinking Monteiths.just remember if its brewed in Auckland its not the real thing.

wari
2nd November 2002, 17:08
Its a good drop too by crikey !!!

Nukles
3rd November 2002, 01:35
i'm a Single Malt and Cognac type but i like Guinness and Stella when i'm in a club :D

Will Beard
4th November 2002, 21:27
:beer: :bigthumb: I like DB, TUI, WAIKATO, mind you if its free i like it even better. Favourite drinking day ANZAC DAY after morning parade . 0700 bar opens ,catch up with old army buddies ,sometime after 2100hrs i'm flat on my back.:roadkill:

SPman
4th November 2002, 21:41
:o Did I say Speights Summer Ale - Monteiths Summer Ale - Brewed in Auckland - where all good beers are brewed!
None of this pure and healthy country crap!

wari
6th November 2002, 17:03
Tried a white beer ... Belgium style ... ??

Coldkiwi
7th November 2002, 12:33
By cripes.. belgian beer is an evil version of holy water. Very little substance! What is there isn't very tasty either.

I'm a firm Monteiths Supporter. So much selection! Did anyone try a Dopplebock? at 7% it's like eating a pie! Awesome stuff

:D :beer:

Kiwi
7th November 2002, 12:42
Warsteiner or Königspilsener from Germany!!

Kiwi

SPman
7th November 2002, 16:17
For substance try Youngs Winter Warmer or Youngs Double Chocolate Stout. Dark beers, that you need an industrial suction pump to suck out of the glass! like Doppelbock only heavier.
While Im not a fan of dark biers (Guinness- yeach), those 2 were actually really good. English beers - I bought them at Woolies.

duke
9th November 2002, 17:27
As an expat Mancunian, first choice for me is Boddingtons. I've only had it from the draught-flow cans in NZ. Not a bad immitation of the hand pulled pints of my youth.:beer:

moko
11th November 2002, 08:39
Originally posted by Coldkiwi
[B]By cripes.. belgian beer is an evil version of holy water. Very little substance! What is there isn't very tasty either.

Try Stella Artois mate,very popular over here,tastes a lot like steinlager actually,dont know if you`d call that a good or a bad thing but i like it

wari
13th November 2002, 04:29
Dont like Steinlager much though ... its poison and gives headaches

Midnight 82
15th October 2004, 19:42
:beer: Monteith's Black for me please :not:

Ms Piggy
15th October 2004, 19:47
Monteiths Summer Ale, Macs Gold, Speights, Heineken. :beer:

Apart from that GIN...preferably Bombay Sapphire.

riffer
15th October 2004, 19:59
The prize for thread dredge of the year has to go to you Midnight 82. A Nearly 2 year old thread!!!

Make mine a DB Export... if I can't have an Islay single malt.

NC
15th October 2004, 20:16

OH YUMMMMIES :D

I like Tui, also :)

Speights old dark, tastes like fucken yuck.

Some
People
Even
Insist
God
Hates
The
Shit

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 20:18
I've gotta do it.... VB....VB....VB :headbang:
oh and Monteiths red beer... some irish idea it said on the label

babyB
15th October 2004, 20:18
ill take a heinekin & an a db
but only if the bourbon aint avalible

soundbeltfarm
15th October 2004, 20:31
export or corona here.
but any beer i'll drink.
it all leads to the same place...

MOTOXXX
15th October 2004, 20:34
not a fan of speights myself.
drink more the tui and leon ruge (lion red)

last year i got introduced to jw and also bombay saphire. also good stuff.

marty
15th October 2004, 20:34
wari, this is far too serious a thread for you. you're obviously visiting your mum :)

Midnight 82
15th October 2004, 20:54
:baby: I might win the award but im new and trying to get my posts up so this award is greatly accepted. Thankyou to all the sponcors with yous this would not have been possible HA HA :moon:

Lord Pac
15th October 2004, 20:59
old thread- 2nd November 2002, 12:51 :)

Belgian beer for moi- Favourites in order - Leff Dark (6.5%), Duvel (8.5%), Chimay (8%), and hoegaarden (white 5%) :niceone:

StoneChucker
15th October 2004, 21:01
Surely the prize should go to me, except, noone noticed :confused2

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=58

hehe

Lord Pac
15th October 2004, 21:07
hehe! wanna get to 500 huh?

Hey stonechucker- you have frame sliders on ur beast? the bike i mean... :)

StoneChucker
15th October 2004, 21:14
Hey stonechucker- you have frame sliders on ur beast?
No, and I wish I bloody did on 2/10/04 :angry2: I'll be getting them as soon as I can afford to eat again :crazy:

*EDIT*

Oh, nice to "meet" ya btw Paco, haven't seen ya on here before. How's the 01 treating ya?

Lord Pac
15th October 2004, 21:56
Good matey good! was thinking of trading my one for an 05 but decided to keep the ol 01- have modded it a fair bit...

badlieutenant
15th October 2004, 22:00
I know what to get you :D only bugger is that I might drink them for you as well :devil2:

stevedee
15th October 2004, 22:07
Try going to New World, buy a can of DAB (500ml white can) and see what you think. No chemicals, good German beer no hangover, cheap .....pass the peanuts. A poor mans Beck's and better.

scumdog
15th October 2004, 22:08
So yous fullas and fullesses .... whats your favourite beer , or drink of choice?

I'm partial to most kinds .... but currently enjoy the darker varieties ... Speights Old Dark Please

Pah! Speights Old Dark is just a pale imitation of the original Dark put out by Otago Breweries in the early '90,s then as is the case with big businesses, Speights bought them out and made their own version of Dark.
Gimme Waitemata or Bavarian Bitter! - c'mon all you '70,s beer junkies, back me up :beer:

Blakamin
15th October 2004, 22:29
I'm just glad no one has jumped up and said "Waikato"!!!!!!!!!!

would be like me saying XXXX or fosters

Slipstream
15th October 2004, 22:38
OH YUMMMMIES :D

I like Tui, also :)

Speights old dark, tastes like fucken yuck.

Some
People
Even
Insist
God
Hates
The
Shit

I like tui and I agree about the Old Dark. But isn't it:
Superior
Piss
Enjoyed
In
Great
Hotels
Throughout
South
?

I prefer the beer solely sold by The Mill, Amsterdam Beer. It's a light refreshing Lager at a decent price. Unfortunately I don't go to the Mill anymore...pack of sexist pigs!!! :argh: :angry2: ...thats at the store I worked at anyways.... :calm:

Slim
20th October 2004, 12:41
I don't do beer. :puke: But The Man would be pleased to see all these votes for Monteiths Black, of which he is a firm supporter. When he's not drinking Guiness, anyway. :drinknsin

I'm a Coruba and coke drinker, 95% of the time, and Peach Schnapps the rest of the time. Although I do enjoy a whisky every now & then. :)

Pwalo
20th October 2004, 13:11
Being a loyal Suzuki man I guess it'd be Corona, which I drink anyway. :)

Anyway what's wrong with a nice cup of tea.

Devil
20th October 2004, 13:23
Kronenbourg right here.
Agree about DAB, its a good budget beer.

Devil
20th October 2004, 13:24
I'm a Coruba and coke drinker
:sick:
I feel sick just reading that.
Coruba is the Devil!...
no.. wait, im the Devil.
Coruba is the OTHER Devil!
Rum. bleargh.

jrandom
20th October 2004, 13:27
Speights Summer Ale? Woss that?

I might as well chuck my usual recommendation for Mac's Copperhop in here, too.

Oh, and I drunked an $8.95 bottle of 50/50 Marlborough/Chile sauvignon blanc last night, and it didn't go 'arf bad with the prepackaged hot chook, bag of bagels and Wattie's plum sauce from Woolworths.

(Can you tell that dinner was *my* responsibility, yesterday?)

Vagabond
20th October 2004, 13:52
:beer: Monteith's Black for me please :not:
:doobey: Oh boy thats my favorite 2 :2thumbsup

Motu
20th October 2004, 14:49
Got some Viking 440 cans for free,comes from NP,someones got to drink it,takes all types.

vifferman
20th October 2004, 14:55
Coruba is the Devil!...
no.. wait, im the Devil.
Rum. bleargh.What most people don't realise, is that anything and coke is toxic, owing to the fact that coke is toxic.

toads
20th October 2004, 15:05
Coruba is the Devil!...
no.. wait, im the Devil.
Rum. bleargh.

oh how true, rum is truly evil, lion red will do me or tui, basically anything cheapish and wet

Devil
20th October 2004, 15:11
What most people don't realise, is that anything and coke is toxic, owing to the fact that coke is toxic.
Fiend!
Vodka and Coke is my favourite. As long as its with real vodka, like 42 below or finlandia. None of this smirnoff ass-water.

badlieutenant
20th October 2004, 15:23
What most people don't realise, is that anything and coke is toxic, owing to the fact that coke is toxic.
its a bad thing to spoil a good thing with coke.

magnum
20th October 2004, 15:31
the doctor,doctor waikato :drinknsin

vifferman
20th October 2004, 15:38
its a bad thing to spoil a good thing with coke.It should be a criminal offense.

Devil
20th October 2004, 15:41
Well my straight vodka drinking days are over :puke: , so I need something to pussy it up a bit. :sunny: It just happens that I also have a weakness for coke. MUST HAVE!

Vodka and red bull makes me bounce off the walls however, which can be entertaining.

MikeL
20th October 2004, 16:18
I might as well chuck my usual recommendation for Mac's Copperhop in here, too.

And I concur. Only discovered Copperhop a few months back. It was on tap at one of my locals in Royal Oak. Last time I went I found they had discontinued it. Seems not enough people were ordering it. Sounds like a good recommendation to me...

カワサキキド
20th October 2004, 16:55
Superior
Piss
Enjoyed
In
Great
Hotels
Throughout
South
?

Throughout...
Southland & Otago

The Pastor
20th October 2004, 17:03
its a bad thing to spoil a good thing with coke.

Um

spoil with coke? - Yeah right

Tui

カワサキキド
20th October 2004, 17:08
The Monteiths brewery is well worth a trip, $5.00 for a quick tour and then the bar is open, straight from the tank to the tap, pour your self, kept at a constant 2deg, beautiful. (tastes much better than the speight's brewery)

But my favourite bottled/caned beer so far(I have yet to do my motorcylce tour of europe) is Yebisu Black Beer, mmmmm $3 a can, I'm so thirsty now I wish I had a can or 24 in the fridge, I'll just have to settle for a old dark or a monteiths black.

SPman
20th October 2004, 18:38
Galbraiths Pilsener isnt a bad drop.