PDA

View Full Version : Help on adjusting headlight

dilz
2nd June 2008, 12:25
the beam on my gsxr 1000 k4 is some how too high,it is pissing people off big time at night:mad:,is there an adjuster on it or could i have put the bulb in upside down?
thanx!

Gremlin
2nd June 2008, 23:52
not familiar with your exact model, but assuming you have an H4 headlight bulb (most common -although come to think of it, I know some models of gixxers are a little unusual and run different bulbs for low and high, and odd bulbs at that)... anyway, if its H4, with 3 tabs, no, it can't go in the wrong way - unless you "encouraged" it.

Can you adjust it, yes, there should be adjusters, normally below the light. One allows horizontal movement and one allows vertical movement. Bear in mind changing tyre profile, suspension, pillion/no pillion will all also affect the angle of the beam.

dilz
3rd June 2008, 19:35
not familiar with your exact model, but assuming you have an H4 headlight bulb (most common -although come to think of it, I know some models of gixxers are a little unusual and run different bulbs for low and high, and odd bulbs at that)... anyway, if its H4, with 3 tabs, no, it can't go in the wrong way - unless you "encouraged" it.

Can you adjust it, yes, there should be adjusters, normally below the light. One allows horizontal movement and one allows vertical movement. Bear in mind changing tyre profile, suspension, pillion/no pillion will all also affect the angle of the beam.

thanx mate,i think ive sused it:niceone: