PDA

View Full Version : S/I cup rnd2 Teratonga

dangerous
3rd June 2008, 17:44
Blardy hell, 1.5 weeks notice... yip Teretonga round two South Island Cup 15 June

Whos Going... we are wouldnt miss it, Im unsure if there is a flying 1/4 this year if so Im in for that to, so to those in the running for the s/i cup pull finger theres shit to sort.

Rashika
4th June 2008, 06:30
C'mon ya wooses... whos gonna make the trip to the far south??

Maido
5th June 2008, 15:16
I'll be there, do you want a 1/4 mile cos I can arrange it if there is enough support?

We must also have a flying 1/4 again one of these days...

dangerous
5th June 2008, 19:36
I'll be there, do you want a 1/4 mile cos I can arrange it if there is enough support?

We must also have a flying 1/4 again one of these days...

It was a flying 1/4 that we did 2yrs ago... this would be awesome to do again. :niceone:

skaz
5th June 2008, 20:05
Ill be there and I would deffinetly be keen for a 1/4 mile, I could do with all the starting practice I could get.

Maido
6th June 2008, 10:04
Unfortunately there will be no 1/4 at the sth island cup :(
probably at the following club day though (not sure of the date yet)

Rashika
6th June 2008, 11:53
bummer... I woulda contemplated bringing the Buell down for the 1/4 mile for a laugh!

dangerous
17th June 2008, 19:10
Well, Im sure that Inver's does not have a sun, for some reason its forbidin to shine down there.
Friday was spent prepairing to head south and if nothing else it was an excuese to have a day off.
Saturday and we hit the road about half seven, stoping in at Scumdogs for a quick catch up, then on to Inver's for a feed beer and early night.

Race day, Sunday ... glum and drab day but hay thats Invers for ya, the track was wet so the have a go day riders were sent out to dry it for us. Now it amazes me how they dont need leathers down there and in fact I seen a guy on a ZX10 come in with cordura only and his jacket was half way up his back exposing his flesh, but apart from a we bit of drizel the day stayed dry.

Racing Cams, was a bit disapointing as there were only 7 bikes and the big bores and a TZ350 had it nailed from flag drop to checkered, hence the two lonely LC's came last. in the second race I decided to drop back and play with Rashika only to be laped by a GS1000 on the last turn, I forgot we were racing for points so I think I let Rashika cros the line before me, so yeah that was a last for me.
The third race was a all in with F1-F3 and bears, 125GPer's The Ambo was needed to atend a big crash in Invers somwere hence the reason to bunch us all in, this was fun as it was a full field.

Buckets... shit its a fast track fun on the MT replica full noise 90% of the time. We were running off the back of the 150SS crew 100m back and on the same flag drop, this was ok excpect for the learner SS riders almost being wiped out by the F4.

I spoke with the Steward and cheif Marshel and they agred that it would be safer to have the slower SS riders behind us... but a certain PJ wasnt going to have this but as I said to him ya dont argue with the Boss of the track.

On the dummy grid everyone was happy till PJ came up to me and said 'the Steward changed his mind it will be ran as the last race' Fuk me I had just breifed everyone about the changes... BUT hang on, I smelt a oyster... so I jumped of the bike and asked the cheif marshel if this was so... er NO he said, so we fuked around for 15mins trying to sort it on the dummy grid.
After talking with the Steward it was found once again PJ was bullshiting like he does in order to get his way, I said fuk this and asked the slower riders where they want to be.. they said 'behind you bucket guys please'. well fuk me they do have a brain of there own... so the race started with a sorry arsed PJ, why do you do that man, that was the 2nd crap line you gave the 1st being that after breifing you were told that the buckets would go on a second flag drop when the SS bikes were half way round the sircuit... once again the Steward knew nothing of this.

Well all that shit didnt help me enjoy the day and after the 1st race where two twat SS riders dident give the back markers a gap and went around us and the back markers one each side then conected on the last corner going down in a heap and oh so close to taking me out and others.. I went trail bike rideing in the mud drifting the MT and finely making it back on the track to have Tony Mc and the other F4 bikes passing me on the seal.
The two CBR's were never seen well as breed race bikes they would be well out the front compeating with the 150 SS bikes, Diesel pig did bloody well as did Kevin Godard, that boy knows how to punt a FXR around that track.
It was disipointing to only have 7 buckets on the grid composing of 2 CBR's 3 FXR's and DP with myeslf.
After the racing we headed to Balcluther and crashed with Scumdog and CB, but 1st I went out on patrol with SD and checked out the pig den... and that is another story for another day.

Monday ment the haul home in the fog... thats all folks.

Pics to come.

puddytat
17th June 2008, 20:57
Good on ya,but with one thing & another soundz a tad dodgey at times...surprised they let folk in cordura out in non zip together gear,mind you they'll only need to fall once to learn a lesson:weep: Good effort Dan:yes:

dangerous
17th June 2008, 21:01
Good on ya,but with one thing & another soundz a tad dodgey at times...surprised they let folk in cordura out in non zip together gear,mind you they'll only need to fall once to learn a lesson:weep: Good effort Dan:yes:

Who the hell is Dan?
hey its Southland they are like in there own time warp, back 20yrs... very casual and stress free, not all bad really.

oyster
18th June 2008, 11:17
I think you'd be best to get yoiur facts before saying I was bullshitting.
Every word I said to you was FACT
Fact 1) It was agreed and confirmed (later but before the first race) that the grid AND the start would be split. The Streetstock were to be around the loop before the Buckets were started. This is how split grids are managed elsewhere around the country, including the first round of the SI Cup. I had every reason to believe that arrangement would be honoured and was obviously horrified to find a full feild of bikes blasting through 3 or 4 near stationary bikes. TOTALLY WRONG AND DANGEROUS
Fact 2) I went see the steward to ask for reinstatement of the original agreement for the next two races. He refused, no reasons given.
Fact 3) He asked me to take the slow Streetsock out and behind the Buckets. I said I would not take the decision who who was "in" who was "out" I asked him to do it.
Fact 3) The steward then went off and came back to me. He said he spoke to the buckets and that the later races will start as per the 1st, but that he had the assurance from the bucket riders that they would pass the slower Streetstock safely. I said I accepted his decision, but that it was dangerous and and an uneccesary risk given the simple was to split the start.

Kevin G
18th June 2008, 13:59
Hi all.
Yes it was a shame that we could not have arranged a split start, much safer for all concerned. No one wants to spook new comers to the sport and clearly but regrettably this happened during this event.

Might I make a suggestion which I guess only relates to the South Island Cup meetings. Motorcycling Canterbury and the Southland Club organise and run this series together (and a bloody great series it is well done to both clubs) perhaps they could decide on how the starts are to be handled for "split classes" such as buckets with street stock and F3 with 125. Believe me the F3 -125 start was a complete and utter cock up as well.

I do not mean to offend anyone with my comments and my concern, which I am sure is the same as Oyster and Dangerous's is primarily for the safety and enjoyment of all concerned.

Kevin Goddard

PS Thanks for the comment re my riding Dangerous, I feel all warm inside now.

Rashika
18th June 2008, 14:26
I think you'd be best to get yoiur facts before saying I was bullshitting.
Every word I said to you was FACT
Fact 1) It was agreed and confirmed (later but before the first race) that the grid AND the start would be split. The Streetstock were to be around the loop before the Buckets were started. This is how split grids are managed elsewhere around the country, including the first round of the SI Cup. I had every reason to believe that arrangement would be honoured and was obviously horrified to find a full feild of bikes blasting through 3 or 4 near stationary bikes. TOTALLY WRONG AND DANGEROUS
Fact 2) I went see the steward to ask for reinstatement of the original agreement for the next two races. He refused, no reasons given.
Fact 3) He asked me to take the slow Streetsock out and behind the Buckets. I said I would not take the decision who who was "in" who was "out" I asked him to do it.
Fact 3) The steward then went off and came back to me. He said he spoke to the buckets and that the later races will start as per the 1st, but that he had the assurance from the bucket riders that they would pass the slower Streetstock safely. I said I accepted his decision, but that it was dangerous and and an uneccesary risk given the simple was to split the start.

ummm maybe you were at a different meeting to me and D, but your "facts" are not correct.

1.There was to be one flagdrop, buckets would start off the back of streetstock and we were quite a way back. Never a mention of 2 flagdrops to any competitors at riders briefing, nor later, nor did the Steward EVER mention wanting two flagdrops!

2. Buckets started on flagdrop, only to have to take extremely evasive action after a second to avoid the back orange vested streetstock racers as they were completely stopped on the grid; which not only was scary for ALL of us, it completely fkd up our start as well (but that aint important in relation to the other issue)

3. When speaking to the steward he was happy to have the slower riders after buckets, we all agreed including the forementioned riders... except YOU I recall. Why I really dont know?? The buckets were never the issue, it was the S/S bike that were STOPPED on the grid that were! Why do you seem to think we were at fault when we were just following the stewards instructions?
The slower riders WANTED to be out of the initial onslaught. They know who they are... there is not slight against them, its a fact most people start out slow and get faster with confidence, having 1/2 dozen bikes race past them trying to avoid them is not very helpful. And I am bloody annoyed we were put in that situation because YOU decided to change/misinterprete the stewards instructions.

4. The next races went fine, and all were happy.

...and just for the record, the buckets actually managed the same speed as quite a few of the streetstock, and faster than the slowest, so bear in mind that when we take off we really DO take off! At speeds initially comparable to S/S, and very quickly get caught up with the slower s/s bikes.

Rashika
18th June 2008, 14:32
Believe me the F3 -125 start was a complete and utter cock up as well.

sorry, hope it wasn't me in that last mixed F3/125/Pre82 race... :Oops: My throttle jammed open and I was a bit wary about dumping the clutch on the LC at 9500 revs... frigging bloody thing.
Having said that, that last mixed race was by far the best for me, I had something to chase at last!

Kevin G
18th June 2008, 15:45
Nah it was the first F3-125 race I was referring to. They dropped the flag before all the F3 bikes were on the grid and then left us 125's sitting there whilst they waiting for the F3 bikes to come around again, man were they hot when we finally got away.

Great weekend.

Lets try and remember Oyster puts a huge amount of effort into the streetstock and I do not know all the facts re whay happened but i do respect the work he does and road racing would not be where it is today in the South Island without Oysters huge input. Oyster is always in my view looking out for the streetstock crew and is always trying to work in the best interests of the riders and the class and for that I say well done.

Kevin Goddard

dangerous
18th June 2008, 17:33
Lets try and remember Oyster puts a huge amount of effort into the streetstock and I do not know all the facts re whay happened but i do respect the work he does and road racing would not be where it is today in the South Island without Oysters huge input. Oyster is always in my view looking out for the streetstock crew and is always trying to work in the best interests of the riders and the class and for that I say well done.

Kevin Goddard

Na Im over that line now Kevin, hell I spoke to the slower riders they said PJ does them no favours, they were stoked to start behind us out of harms way, you were the one that came to me and said the 1st race was lethal... you so nearly whiped a couple out.

I think you'd be best to get yoiur facts before saying I was bullshitting...

You were FULL a shit, same as you always are... you have to have it all your way don't you, how come the Steward John Beck and the chief marshel John someone? told me face to face they never said such a thing???

Lets use the previous race meet as an example... a race meet that the bucket club, me as pres., arranged and INVITED YOU...
attached is the schedule you WERE given at the last meeting prior to the race meet... it clearly states that the trainees get 3 FREE (paid for by my club) blasts at the track... you agreed it was GREAT... yet on the day you come to me changing the rules to suit ya self and tell ME.. ME who wrote the bloody schedule out and handed it to you personally, tried telling me the agreement was that training got a round with every other round... NO WAY DID WE AGREED TO THAT.

I think it was out right reckless that you came to me on the dummy grid and told me the steward had changed the rules... I made an effort as a president to let all the riders involved know of what was happening, you saw me drop the bike and storm off looking for answers... that really pissed me off and to be honest has me thinking why do I bother putting the extra effort in... this situation spoiled the day for me.

oyster
19th June 2008, 11:58
Firstly, I have faith in the readers of these posts that they give the right (low) level of credibility to ones who use personal insults to support them

Second, my posting states as fact what was said between myself and others at this meeting. Neither Rashika or Dangerous were standing there to agree or refute what was said therefore have no right to claim it's bullshit. I stand tall in the knowledge that I am 100% truthful. What "they said, others said" etc does not change that. I did NOTHING wrong. I acted in the best interests of rider safety, and I did through the right channels. I also faithfully obeyed the Stewards final decisions, although I disagreed with them. No, come to think of it, I didn't in that I chose to hold one young rider and myself BEHIND the Bucket grid.

I'm glad Kev has spoken to support the FACT that some of the starts were dangerous, and the correct solution was to have split flag drops.
I was told later by the 125GP riders that they too had pre arranged and had agreeance of a split start, which didn't happen.

Get over the insults Dangerous, and get on with safe development of the sport.

Rashika
19th June 2008, 13:10
Firstly, I have faith in the readers of these posts that they give the right (low) level of credibility to ones who use personal insults to support them

Second, my posting states as fact what was said between myself and others at this meeting. Neither Rashika or Dangerous were standing there to agree or refute what was said therefore have no right to claim it's bullshit. I stand tall in the knowledge that I am 100% truthful. What "they said, others said" etc does not change that. I did NOTHING wrong. I acted in the best interests of rider safety, and I did through the right channels. I also faithfully obeyed the Stewards final decisions, although I disagreed with them. No, come to think of it, I didn't in that I chose to hold one young rider and myself BEHIND the Bucket grid.

I'm glad Kev has spoken to support the FACT that some of the starts were dangerous, and the correct solution was to have split flag drops.
I was told later by the 125GP riders that they too had pre arranged and had agreeance of a split start, which didn't happen.

Get over the insults Dangerous, and get on with safe development of the sport.
We all have agreed that the FIRST race start was not safe, but that was simply as the back/vested streetstock racers did not take off as expected in any normal race, and had the back riders almost run them down.
Certainly NOT the fault of the back riders! And also what was stipulated at the briefing.

And in this conversation you had with the stewards that no-one else was privy to, what was the agreement? No-one else was informed of anything different to the initial agreement at riders briefing, until AFTER the first race.
At THAT point we all... and I mean the bucketeers and streetstock racers and steward, not just you... you simply do not have a monopoly on wanting safe racing, we all want that, although your comments above seem to IMPLY that you are the only one. We ALL wanted the slower riders off the back, the riders agreed as did the steward, so that was what we did. Simple... and do NOT make it out like you wanted that! You DID NOT want to pick and choose who went back, and yes I heard that from your own mouth SEVERAL times to the steward.
I certainly was there for quite a few conversations.

Anyway, its over with now. Maybe in future a 2nd flagdrop would be better, but to reiterate: that was NOT the case this event. End of story.

And thats all from me folks, whatever else gets said I wont be responding, cos I dont want to get into a pissing contest over something that is done and dusted!

dangerous
19th June 2008, 17:53
Second, my posting states as fact what was said between myself and others at this meeting. Neither Rashika or Dangerous were standing there to agree or refute what was said therefore have no right to claim it's bullshit.
True, but 5 mins later whan I talked with the steward and cheif marshel... they told me something different to what you aperantly heard, time for a beer PJ we will not get anywere here you are a great hypnotist ma man.

tha tha tha thats all folks :first:

Skunk
19th June 2008, 21:26
Shut up will ya. Your actions at the Bucket meet early June pissed me right off. You went out of your way to fuck up the race schedule. Hi-jacking meetings is not the actions of anyone I'll ever lend support to. Showed me what sort of person you really are. Comments from others from Canterbury told me you weren't that respected because of your actions either.

Get on with helping the sport instead of pissing off the helpers.

johnsv650
20th June 2008, 08:44
where are the good race reports and how much people enjoyed the meeting, im sure 95 % enjoyed the meeting, concentrate on the positives of the sport, all the young riders coming through the grades now, how much stronger is motorcycling in the south island now, it will good for the clubs for many years and good for the growth of the sport. don't get stuck on some small thoughts consider the positives and enjoy our spare time.

oyster
20th June 2008, 10:43
Skunk, whoever he is, prefers insults to facts. (In my opinion)
Fact. I did not "hijack the programme". As a HELPER I had a group of riders for training who were asking me when they were next due on. I couldn't answer that cos "training" was not on the whiteboard programme at the dummy grid. I struggled to find anyone to tell me where they fitted in the programme. Apparently at the lunch break, but this wasn't shown either.
But the Clerk of the course, (Batch's dad) was super helpful and sorted it.
I thanked him for that, and again after the meeting. A week later I thanked him again for a meeting well run.
All facts, take it or leave it. I have no insults or criticism for you Skunk, I don't do that stuff.

Skunk
20th June 2008, 12:12
You shouldn't have 'struggled to find anyone to tell me where they fitted in the programme' - you had the schedule handed to you at the meeting you attended before the event from what I hear from several sources who were there. And who was the guy calling out the next grid on the loud hailer? A decoration that didn't apply to you? Did you not attend the riders briefing? I'm sure I heard when the training sessions were. If you didn't hear it why didn't you ask?

I haven't insulted you - just rudely asked you to pull your head in.
If you expect support don't piss off the supporters. It gets to be too much hassle for them dealing with you and the event.

I'm fully behind anyone who tries to help at the grass roots level, but when those people decide they're more important and their opinion is the only one, well, support ends. Sometimes you have to give to receive.

For your info Skunk is a Wellington Bucket racer who travelled all the way to the meeting to watch you rearrange it. ie Battle of the Buckets race was called as being next and before we can get to the dummy grid you have a training session ready to go onto the track... Did you ask everyone until you found someone who said yes instead of no?

Glad you don't have criticism Pete, you don't know me and obliviously I didn't do anything to annoy anyone. Try it.

I'm done with this.

johnsv650
20th June 2008, 13:12
skunk,
did you enjoy the meeting ?
did your bike go well ?
did you enjoy the track and your competitors ?
how many were in your race or races ?

Skunk
20th June 2008, 13:19
skunk,
did your bike go well ?
I wasn't at the Teretonga meeting. Sorry I just had to comment on oyster after his "I do no wrong" attack on dangerous. As to the meeting I was at (Battle of the Buckets) that didn't go well and the report is here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?p=1600642)

Rashika
20th June 2008, 13:27
where are the good race reports and how much people enjoyed the meeting, im sure 95 % enjoyed the meeting, concentrate on the positives of the sport, all the young riders coming through the grades now, how much stronger is motorcycling in the south island now, it will good for the clubs for many years and good for the growth of the sport. don't get stuck on some small thoughts consider the positives and enjoy our spare time.

seeing as you asked so nicely i will reply, heres mine... :niceone:

This was my weekend. Saturday cruise on down south, my old home turf too by the way, I was dragged up in invercargill and even Otatara (near teretonga) till i was 13 years old. Nice trip down, quick visit to Scumdog on the way... too many coppers round there tho so we had to leave.
Sat night at the Homestead Motels, and quick bit at the Lone Star... yes Invergiggle has gone big time, they have their own LONE STAR now!
And in bed by about 8.30.... shite!

up early (of course) got out to the track and waited for keyholder, watched the sunrise... it was quite nice, except for all the cloud and the threat of drizzle, but luckily it really DID improve during the day. Cool wind but sun was out most of the day and perfect for racing.
Practice for both classes: Nothing kinda happened till about 11am, so when they finally called up the road riders to finish drying the track we had to wake up at last. First time at Teretonga for me, so I REALLY just puddled round, trying to work out lines and stuff like that. Easy on the bucket, flat out in 5th gear all the way 'cept for the corner onto the straight (3rd there) and even got into 6th 2/3s down the straight. Elsie was a bit harder cos she gets me nervous most races, and with the smaller classes I simply had no-one to chase except Dangerous! So i puttered round on her.

First race was in Pre82: all 9 of us, woohooo I get POINTS! Finished last of course, but it was nice to be able to open her out for most of the race, esp down the straight, I dont usually get to top at B-track, but easy here.
Well we all know about the fiasco that was the first s/s & buckets race. Yes, it was scary to be all set and go, only to have to single file thru the stopped bikes, but thats all been said. The others buggered off so it was left to Dangerous, TonyMac and me to muck around together. Last bucket this time, but I dont think that was bad at all, considering who was racing. I am certainly kept up with TonyMac & D, so i was happy.
Race 2, was like race 1 except the starts were much better, and i was slowly getting more confidence. Pre82: this time D decided to wait up for me near the end of the race, which was bloody nice, finally someone to play with! And i actually think I may have bet him, you really shouldn't change up over the start/finish line D!
Buckets: this time I actually managed a cool passing manouvre on TonyMac, only for the buggar to slipstream me and get back past down the straight in the last lap... @!%$#$$&%$
Race 3: Pre 82 - This one was combined with F3 & 125s, which IMHO was bloody good, at last I had someone to honestly chase, think it was a couple of older 400's? Was just barely starting to catch them near the end, so was kinda chuffed with that race. Actually a great idea to combine them when the Pre82 class is small, especially with mine cos technically it is an F3 bike. Shit of a start cos my throttle jammed open on the start (even tho just recently cleaned out!), but I was at the back so only the 125s affected by me trying the close the ferkin thing and then attempt to leave the line, sheesh!
The bucket race was awesome, gave Tonymac another fright as I tried to slipstream a faster RG to get past him on the straight on the last lap, but short by about 1/2 bike length this time.
Oh well, never mind. Was a great weekend and I really enjoyed the experience of a new track. Thats all of the current road race circuits in the south island for me, and one in the north, pretty happy with that.

johnsv650
20th June 2008, 13:58
now thats a good race report, you have some positive memories , keep them and forget the bad ones........is it levels next ?

Maido
20th June 2008, 15:13
lol at we have a lonestar now! We may even get a McDonalds shortly!
(loney has been there for at least 15 years!)

GaZBur
20th June 2008, 16:06
now thats a good race report, you have some positive memories , keep them and forget the bad ones........is it levels next ?
SI Race dates are here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=71806
next events are -
July 6th Rnd 3 Winter RR series Teretonga
July 19th Round 1 King of Levels Levels

I for one am looking forward to Levels as the BIG LOOOOONNNGGG straight at Teretonga shows up my lack of power.
I sometimes put a brief race report in the KB Adventure bike section in the DR650 thread cause I aint quick and figure only DR riders would be interested.

dangerous
20th June 2008, 18:03
where are the good race reports and how much people enjoyed the meeting, My reports somewere above, I also enjoyed the meeting, but as a club (BMRC) rep there is alays extra work ie: less relaxing, but thats ok I know its appreciated.

I haven't insulted you - just rudely asked you to pull your head in..
Hey... sounds like me :chase: Which Welly excuse were you at the BOB?

Dangerous,
did your bike go well ?
hell yeah, all aside
bothe went very well ta
tracks bloody fast, was left behind on the RD in posties but the bucket flat out full track was fun
7 in post classic and 7 in F4 buckets

SI Race dates are here http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=71806
next events are -
July 6th Rnd 3 Winter RR series Teretonga
July 19th Round 1 King of Levels Levels

and BEARs round 3 20th July

gav
20th June 2008, 23:51
Did you know we actually have a seperate forum for race reports to be entered?
Its titled "Race / track day reports" http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=83
You'd think you'd find them in there, wouldn't you? :whistle: