PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: KB KIDS get together.

FROSTY
3rd June 2008, 18:24
...KB KIDS BIKE/QUAD RIDE DAY...
:Punk: Next One NOVEMBER 30th :Punk:
This was for your KIDS to get a taste of what it's like to ride a Trail bike/Quad in a safe controlled environment
:Punk::Punk:thank you everybody that came along and helped make it a fantastic day
SPECIAL thanks to
Gazzer--for setting up the track tapes at short notice
Grantman --for the fantastic little books for the kids
Littlejohn- for the barby,tent and mechanicing
Oldguy--for loaning a virtual stranger two bikes
MillarsCarCentre -for sponsoring the whole event- food,loan bikes,drink and venue:Punk::Punk:
Looked to me like all the kids had a ball
Some of us "grownups" got pretty dirty .
Im sure theres gonna be pictures from africa of the whole deal.
Thanks a million to EVERYBODY that turned up and just mucked in--too many of ya to name

As long as everybody is happy the next one will be November 16.
Theres a few little bits of fine tuning to make it run smoother --easy fixed for next time

I just stole 2 pictures from someone else --check em out

FROSTY
4th June 2008, 08:32
RULES N STUFF.
Sorry to be a pedantic sod but safety is paramount.
ALL the kids MUST be wearing either gumboots or bike boots. (basicly something that well covers the lower legs.)
(I will have a few pairs of boots available)

If riding they must wear a helmet.
I have 7 MX lids and a old HJC lid which will be there to use. For the real littlies I have a couple of bicycle helmets -

Dangerous riding wont be allowed.
Its all about having fun so We will just stop the kid concerned and let em know what to do different. if they repeat it we'll stop em again

For the worried mums.---The quads all have a rope out the back that can be pulled to turn the bike off for the real novices.They also have a screw that stops the throttle from being pushed right on.

WHAT I NEED
some more 50cc quads and bikes.
Helpers for watchin the kids and starting the bikes
A couple of Barbys-the cooker not the doll

PLEASE COULD YA CONFIRM YOU WILL BE THERE SO i KNOW THE NUMBERS

CookMySock
4th June 2008, 08:39
woah what a cool thing to do. I would be there with bells on helpin set up and other legwork, but I'm 4 hours drive away..

Good one Frosty!

DB

Luckylegs
4th June 2008, 09:12
I think the look on my daughters face last week when she had that body armour on at your place means... that if I didnt say yes (its a f'in good idea) Id be in a world of trouble.....

In other words Hell yeh, the Luckylegs clan will be up for it :woohoo:

.....Oh, and Sundays are good !

fizbin
4th June 2008, 09:45
I would prob be devorced over it but hey i am keen!

riffer
4th June 2008, 11:40
Sure. How about September 21? :shifty:

FROSTY
4th June 2008, 13:30
Sure. How about September 21? :shifty:
I really don't think that particular date is gonna work too well--for some reason that escapes me

FROSTY
5th June 2008, 21:52
bumpety bump--Im thinking in say 4 weeks time on a sunday

TOTO
6th June 2008, 01:06
i only got 2 problems.

1. I got no kids

2 i'll be working , otherwise would have been a pleasure to come and watch kids at play and chat with you falks.

Primo idea FROSTY :niceone:

The Lone Rider
6th June 2008, 01:12
Thats a really good idea all this!

If I had a kid he would have a mini chopper and decked out in chaps and leather cuts.

If it was a daughter of mine however.. she can stay away! She'll have nothing to do with a rough crowd like bikers! :)

Patch
6th June 2008, 06:05
Cool idea Frosty - but in 4 weeks won't they be needing ski's??

will hav a chat to my better half

BiK3RChiK
6th June 2008, 07:39
:cool:I reckon this is a damn good idea, and if I lived closer, I'd be there with bells on...:banana:

FROSTY
6th June 2008, 10:21
Cool idea Frosty - but in 4 weeks won't they be needing ski's??

will hav a chat to my better half
This is Auckland bro--sun always shines in auckland--- TUI

ManDownUnder
7th June 2008, 03:45
Brilliant idea mate. :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Count me in and put me down to supply some fuel. How much ya reckon you'll need, 2 or 4 cycles?

I have a couple of little people that might need some initial encouragement (believe it or not...) but I'm sure they'll be fine

FROSTY
7th June 2008, 08:41
Fuel aint an issue.My bikes are all strokers

Donor
7th June 2008, 19:32
The Donor crew will be there!

FROSTY
8th June 2008, 18:35
Ok folks--in the name of science Me and my boys did a quick trial ride just as it was getting dark.
Its definitely gumboot teretatory out there.
anybody able to put hand up to lend a barby --we left ours at the old house

FROSTY
11th June 2008, 10:00
Ok folks how does this sound
JUly 20th. 11.30
Meet up at my place then take the bikes down to the "track"
Theres a couple of places we could use down there as er "pits"
After a few hours head back on up to the yard -clean the bikes up and fire up the barby

daaatomic
11th June 2008, 10:14
this sounds really cool, i dont think my kids are quite old enough yet(oldest is 5 1/2) but i would love to bring them along anyway. will find out if we're in town that weekend.

dave.

FROSTY
11th June 2008, 10:23
this sounds really cool, i dont think my kids are quite old enough yet(oldest is 5 1/2) but i would love to bring them along anyway. will find out if we're in town that weekend.

dave.
NO MATE--this is EXACTLY the age group --Baby baby bikie is only 4 and rides on his quad no worries

Luckylegs
11th June 2008, 10:35
:no: what about a week later on the 27th. My step-son wont be with us on the 20th but I would love to be able to include him in it. I wont hear the end of it :bash: if his sister gets to do this and he misses out....

FROSTY
11th June 2008, 11:31
oops--no DEFINITELY the 20th

daaatomic
11th June 2008, 11:39
99% sure my tribe will be coming, any date should be sweet with us, so see ya there.

FROSTY
11th June 2008, 17:09
cool as dude.
Now we need to see how many quads and 50cc bikes we can hunt down for first timers.

Disco Dan
11th June 2008, 17:13
Fab idea frosty!

Will there be many single mums there do you think?
I reckon I could hire a kid for the day if it's a prerequisite?

FROSTY
11th June 2008, 17:46
Fab idea frosty!

No dan but I will need a target for the kids to target fixate on--bags you :2thumbsup

BigG
11th June 2008, 19:26
Buy a few new Hilux's and get a 50cc quad with each one:bye:

stify
11th June 2008, 20:18
put me down for one "can i have a turn on your bike" young lad(an poss a wee lass also)...happy to help out in anyway mate an may be able to help out wit the barby ting also(includes cookin)-orsum idea mate

cheers Mark

LittleJohn
11th June 2008, 20:24
Yea, we will be there. We have a little quad that we will bring. Also have a BBQ that I can chuck on the trailer and bring over, maybe even a couple of kids BBQ tables if I can fit them.

oyster
11th June 2008, 20:58
Good on ya frosty.
You've all the right priorities Safety, fun, skill development,social involvement.
Most of all, you're thinking of the kids, they way they feel.

Blossom
12th June 2008, 08:37
Fab idea frosty!

Dude, we have 4, more than enough to share :lol:

Awesome idea Frosty.. Will have a chat with the masses and let you know. If its still the 20th then it will be the weekend of our daughters 13th birthday and she would think that was pretty cool.

FROSTY
12th June 2008, 10:33
Ok folks theres enough interest to say its a goer.
STUFF i STILL NEED TO CONFIRM

a DEFINITE loan of a A gas Barby
at least 3 other adults prepared to be "flaggies" --or kid picker uppers
some more 50cc bikes/quads
a good sized water blaster--Ive got a cleaning bay and a blaster but mines pretty piddly.

This is gonna be a blast

boostin
12th June 2008, 10:40
Ok folks theres enough interest to say its a goer.
STUFF i STILL NEED TO CONFIRM

a DEFINITE loan of a A gas Barby
at least 3 other adults prepared to be "flaggies" --or kid picker uppers
some more 50cc bikes/quads
a good sized water blaster--Ive got a cleaning bay and a blaster but mines pretty piddly.

This is gonna be a blast
I have a 110cc pit bike that is a bit rough (missing muffler, and other parts) but still seems to run fine, if you wanted to use it for the more experienced riders to have a thrash.

FROSTY
12th June 2008, 11:15
I have a 110cc pit bike that is a bit rough (missing muffler, and other parts) but still seems to run fine, if you wanted to use it for the more experienced riders to have a thrash.
Sounds good dude - muffler Im sure I can sort

LittleJohn
12th June 2008, 12:53
We will be there 2 adults & 2 kids. 1 of us could be a flaggie. Can bring BBQ & a quad.

Kittyhawk
12th June 2008, 15:15
Ill bring my camera. :laugh: looking forward to it.

FROSTY
12th June 2008, 15:26
Just to be sure I got this right--this is soposed to be durin school holidays

grantman
12th June 2008, 20:43
Hi Frosty
Happy to come along with my son
Can bring his XR70 and maybe a CRF50

I am happy to help as a flaggy and I am used to picking up and starting the kids bikes.
I can print some colouring in bike pictures and stuff for them if you wish
Reminder of a great day out.

Kids love things like that

Do you want any bigger bikes ?
At some family days we use my old XR250 for the dads to ride with the kids on the front
This gives the kids the confidence to try it them selves.
Or the little little ones ( 3 years old)

just an idea

Good work Frosty
Cheers

FROSTY
13th June 2008, 07:59
Hi Frosty
Happy to come along with my son
Can bring his XR70 and maybe a CRF50

I am happy to help as a flaggy and I am used to picking up and starting the kids bikes.
I can print some colouring in bike pictures and stuff for them if you wish
Reminder of a great day out.

Kids love things like that

Do you want any bigger bikes ?
At some family days we use my old XR250 for the dads to ride with the kids on the front
This gives the kids the confidence to try it them selves.
Or the little little ones ( 3 years old)

just an idea

Good work Frosty
Cheers
Mate that would all be fantastic :headbang:--except for the big bike.just wanna keep it to kids actually riding -Im working on something for the littlies--argg gorse --yuk

grantman
13th June 2008, 20:19
No worries out the big bikes

I happy to see just the little bikes goting around & around & around

I will email you a small booklet I made for the Kids campout weekend
see if thats suitable

Cheers

madandy
14th June 2008, 10:41
Kikuyu grass. ;)

raftn
14th June 2008, 16:54
This sounds like a brillant idea, i will try to bring my two along, 8 and 10, and might be able to borrow a little 50cc bike of my mates. Keep us to date with stuff closer to the date.

Wellyman
15th June 2008, 14:06
Ill sort out my shit, and come along as a flaggie/ fueler/ pit crew.
Chur
WM

FROSTY
15th June 2008, 17:58
Ok folks --I just did a dry run with a group of quad novices.
They had a total blast
The track as is seems to be pretty well perfect with one litttle issue which I think my boys will be more than willing to sort out for me -One corner is just a bit too sharp and close to something hard--so shortcut through the grass time methinks

BM-GS
15th June 2008, 19:00
Excellent idea!

I can bring a 5-yo, a gonna-be-gutted-he-can't 3-yo and their mum. One of us can be picking-up or waving, whatever.

Got a water-blaster & table we could bring.

#1 can ride a bike ok - if he's on his own, otherwise he'll be too busy looking at everyone else. #2 might handle a quad, but on a short leash. His attention-span makes yer average goldfish look like a philosopher.

Looking forward to it already!

rainman
15th June 2008, 22:39
Awesome idea Frosty, I'd be there with my kids if I wasn't going to be in Thailand at the time! :(

Hope you all have a great day of it.

motorbyclist
16th June 2008, 00:12
i've got an XL125 that might be suitable for the bigger kids... mind you when i was 12 first starting out i thought it was pretty grunty myself (i still remember the first time when i thought "aha, i've got it!" as i pootled around in 1st gear - and theni had to master changing into second! still brings a smile to my face:)

it's a shame i don't have my little brother's XR100 or 70cc honda trike anymore...

got a waterblaster though

FROSTY
16th June 2008, 09:36
MB--the xl would be cool
Im kinda makin the rules up as I go --I Definitely dont want big bikes--TOO loud and just too dangerous. the track is pretty small and tight
But we did do a slow pillion ride on the shineray 150 (xl100) and it seemed a good idea so Im thinking maybee a couple of 100cc 4 astrokes might be the go

motorbyclist
16th June 2008, 10:34
it's 3/4 size or something like that (early 80's model)

have a pic

ManDownUnder
16th June 2008, 11:36
Ok folks --I just did a dry run with a group of quad novices.
They had a total blast
The track as is seems to be pretty well perfect with one litttle issue which I think my boys will be more than willing to sort out for me -One corner is just a bit too sharp and close to something hard--so shortcut through the grass time methinks

LOL "total blast"... yeah - understatement of the year award goes too....... FROSTY!!!!!!!!

Mate they raved about it all the way home (all three of them did)... chatter chatter chatter, dinner time... chatter chatter chatter, home time... chatter chatter chatter... You get the idea.

All - it's f'n brilliant. My little people had zero experience being in control of anything petrol powered and it was a proud daddy that watched them go round and round. Very very cool.

HIGHLY recommended

FROSTY
16th June 2008, 11:46
LOL "total blast"... yeah - understatement of the year award goes too....... FROSTY!!!!!!!!

Mate they raved about it all the way home (all three of them did)... chatter chatter chatter, dinner time... chatter chatter chatter, home time... chatter chatter chatter... You get the idea.

All - it's f'n brilliant. My little people had zero experience being in control of anything petrol powered and it was a proud daddy that watched them go round and round. Very very cool.

HIGHLY recommended
Glad to hear it mate.
I gotta say your fella got his head into it pretty quick -Im glad I had the quad governed back or he'da been giving my lads a hurry up lol

Jorja
16th June 2008, 12:54
I gotta say your fella got his head into it pretty quick -Im glad I had the quad governed back or he'da been giving my lads a hurry up lol

Yes well rather embarrasing I have to say when I get lapped by a kid with no experience on a 50cc quad. :no:

Gman71
17th June 2008, 09:20
sounds fantastic and I'd like to bring my just-turned-9 motorbike mad boy along, he has only ever ridden about 25m on one, and is utterly motorbike obsessed-

I haven't met any of my fellow kb'ers in real-life so look forward to catching up.

I am happy to do any job assigned to me and could contribute a water blaster if needed.....

MillarsCarCentre
21st June 2008, 17:18
We will contribute a few loaves of bread and some sausages.
As long as a barbyque expert cooks them up :2thumbsup:2thumbsup

FROSTY
23rd June 2008, 17:39
Ok Ive just bought a lil 4 stroke lectric start quad that will be perfect for the novice riders

meteor
23rd June 2008, 18:52
Mate this sounds like a fantastic idea. Is it still on for the 27th?
I have two boys 11 and 13, both just starting out and a wee 125 half size chinese bike. If it's on and I can get there I'm happy to help with whatever. I'm a crap cook but I'll bring a few kilos of sausages along for you. Where do we meet?

FROSTY
23rd June 2008, 18:59
20th mate 20th
still on far as I can tell

FROSTY
24th June 2008, 18:53
Hey folks
PLEASE so I have an idea of numbers--IF ya plan on coming along to this can you put ya name down for me on the event

FROSTY
28th June 2008, 16:52
anybody else keen
so far looks like about 10-12 kids -cool fun

stify
1st July 2008, 19:39
will be there wit two kids...an still on for bbq cookin duties...if u got one sorted that is

FROSTY
1st July 2008, 19:56
will be there wit two kids...an still on for bbq cookin duties...if u got one sorted that is
cool as matey. Im told a barby will be there.
Ill rent a tresle table -set up in the gargre

oldguy
1st July 2008, 20:33
Frosty, yea the KLX110 is similar to a PW80 3 speed auto clutch, but is a 4stroke. its here if you want it.
heres a pic of it, the grandson mucking around on it.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=71541&d=1190537793

HungusMaximist
2nd July 2008, 00:13
I am a big uni kid, it it OK to come and try out your quads and trial bikes, as I've never had the chance to ride one. :cool:

Gman71
3rd July 2008, 09:34
done, I have put my name on the event, will be there with 1 x 9 year old (and maybe 1 x 6 year old)

let me know if water blaster needed. I have a trestle table- you dont need to rent one. let me know.

FROSTY
3rd July 2008, 11:24
G man ---yer on mate :love:

FROSTY
3rd July 2008, 11:26
Mate the KLX would be great
I figure the more bikes we got the more chances for kids to ride

FROSTY
8th July 2008, 18:27
Woohoo---Ok the two areas that had me worried are sorted out.
One great big corner instead of a sharp one heading to a fence
And a big curving corner where one straight is so theres a place to overtake. DEFINITELY gumboot stuff though
THANK YOU baby bike and baby baby bikie for riding around and around in circles

FROSTY
12th July 2008, 18:26
Just over a week to go --YAAAY
Thanks to a trade in four wheel drive we have the corners and overrtaking lane all marked out and muddied up

For the total novices Ive cut a circular track right in the middle of the tall grass so they can practice in safety--if they muck it up the lil bikes will just bury themselves in the tall grass and grind to a halt

Offers of table cooking gear and barbys all great--bikes should start turning up soonish

Qkchk
12th July 2008, 20:55
Just over a week to go --YAAAY
Thanks to a trade in four wheel drive we have the corners and overrtaking lane all marked out and muddied up

Where's the pictures? :lol:

Will be heading over on the DR wearing MX boots to kick over little kids bikes. Might bring a friend to play as kitchen bitch... (if hes not mucking around in the garden)

Lets pray for good weather or we'll have to line the kids up to be waterblasted!

FROSTY
13th July 2008, 10:55
Ok folks I just snapped a couple of pics to give you an idea of what the "track' is like
-see first post.
007 is of "the hill"
010 is the muddy corner--or the muddyest"
and back corner is a nice slippery clay corner

Qkchk
13th July 2008, 11:00
What a awesome little track for the kids Frosty! :clap: Hope we can have a replication of todays weather...

FROSTY
13th July 2008, 11:06
Ohh yea--Heads up folks
I WILL make a call to postpone on saturday evening
The only reason to postpone is thunderbolts/lightning/hail basicly truely horrible weather.
Thats the ONLY re3ason it will be put back by a week

twi
14th July 2008, 21:52
Sounds great Frosty :niceone: the little man and I will be there. I've got a big 'easyup' (well a cheaper chinese copy, car port size) that I'll throw on the trailer "just in case". Coz you know if I bring it we won't need it - right!?:yes:

CookMySock
15th July 2008, 07:50
what an epic event you guys. :first: I signed up coz my sister+hubby+5y/o boy want to come along. They are not bikers but they will be after this hehehe. I told them to bring a small pack of sausies and a six pack for frosty and just turn up with gumboots on. Nearly worth the 4 hour drive just to see it.

Legends!

DB

FROSTY
15th July 2008, 09:47
Sounds great Frosty :niceone: the little man and I will be there. I've got a big 'easyup' (well a cheaper chinese copy, car port size) that I'll throw on the trailer "just in case". Coz you know if I bring it we won't need it - right!?:yes:

MATE IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YA BRING IT DOW A BIT EARLY
no good for the bbq area but it would be fantastic for "the pits" (sorry cant think of a better word) It would kinda clearly mark where the change over/refuel area is -not that theres gonna be any refueling

HungusMaximist
15th July 2008, 10:01
Hey frosty, I've got a younger brother who is 12 and is keen on giving it a go aye.

I've got no MX gear apart from MX boots, hope thats OK!

I'll be happy to bring a 12 pack and a nice slab of meat for the BBQ.

FROSTY
15th July 2008, 18:24
Hey frosty, I've got a younger brother who is 12 and is keen on giving it a go aye.

I've got no MX gear apart from MX boots, hope thats OK!

I'll be happy to bring a 12 pack and a nice slab of meat for the BBQ.
mate all good -just make sure mr 12 has a pair of boots --either gummies or real bike boots

Mully
15th July 2008, 21:20
mate all good -just make sure mr 12 has a pair of boots --either gummies or real bike boots

Frosty, my kind-of nephew (long story) has just got a bike for his birthday. He's not hugely experienced though. Can he bring a KLX140?? Or is that too big?? He's just turned 13.

FROSTY
15th July 2008, 21:35
If he's a kid and a novice rider I don't see a problem.
Dunno what a klx140 looks like to be honest

motorbyclist
16th July 2008, 00:46
sorry to do this but bringing the XL125 might be an issue this sunday, so don't count on it

HungusMaximist
16th July 2008, 15:53

Yup, I've got some real MX boots that should fit him. Good shit those...

No MX helmet though which I hope somebody there can supply one, do have road gloves and road style summer mesh textile jacket that will fit him. I'll also tell him to slap on a pair of jeans...

HungusMaximist
16th July 2008, 16:01
Well hopefully the weather is O.K on Sunday, don't mind bit of rain but hopefully no massive down pours aye.

Anyway, it's always more fun when it's wet!

FROSTY
16th July 2008, 19:22
Basicly its all goin ahead --rain or shine EXCEPT if its really seriously pissing down --hurricane style
Ill post up first thing on sunday if its postponed by a week--
But again the weather has to be apsolutely horrible

FROSTY
17th July 2008, 18:25
well guys thanks to oldguy the total number of bikes has gone up by two.
Currently we have
Suzuki 50 quads-3
50cc 4 stroke quad 1
50 cc Honda 4 stroke bike 1
PW80 bikes 3
Kawasaki 110 bike 1 (if I can get my lad offa it --oops)

Looks like I might need to ask for helmets to be brought along as well as giummies

twi
17th July 2008, 21:40
MATE IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YA BRING IT DOW A BIT EARLY
no good for the bbq area but it would be fantastic for "the pits" (sorry cant think of a better word) It would kinda clearly mark where the change over/refuel area is -not that theres gonna be any refueling

OK will do Frosty. We're bringing a LT50 quad with us too.:niceone:

FROSTY
19th July 2008, 10:43
PLEASE--make sure the kids have a complete set of warm clothes to change into

FROSTY
19th July 2008, 11:38
Food for the kids --I have 48 bottles of drink. 3 bags of sausages for the barby bread and chippys --so that should keep em fairly happy

The Pastor
19th July 2008, 11:38
good luck frosty, i hope it all goes well.

Gazzar
19th July 2008, 17:38
hey mate looks like 7 kids 3 adult flaggies -first aiders not that they will be needed 1 50cc chineses quad bike :lol:100cc quad bike :headbang:and 1 crash helmet.Sounds like a really awsome day looking foward to it.cya tomorrow mate.:girlfight::Playnice:

gazzar:beer:

FROSTY
19th July 2008, 17:43
hey mate looks like 7 kids 3 adult flaggies -first aiders not that they will be needed 1 50cc chineses quad bike :lol:100cc quad bike :headbang:and 1 crash helmet.Sounds like a really awsome day looking foward to it.cya tomorrow mate.:girlfight::Playnice:

gazzar:beer:
Bro if you have 2 bikes PLEASE bring TWO lids--even if ones an older full face with no visor --Im running out of lids fast

Qkkid
19th July 2008, 18:42
Both me and Dawn will be there. See ya tomorrow Tony, will help with the barbeque

FROSTY
19th July 2008, 19:00
er um yea--if a barby turns up---PLEASE someone bring a barby

ManDownUnder
19th July 2008, 21:51

Done deal... it'll be there!

LittleJohn
19th July 2008, 22:27

Done deal... it'll be there!

Loaded the Barby on trailer this arvo to bring as i said I would. You still needing us to bring it or is someone else now bringing one??? If ya can let me know before I leave in morning.

FROSTY
19th July 2008, 22:42
Loaded the Barby on trailer this arvo to bring as i said I would. You still needing us to bring it or is someone else now bringing one??? If ya can let me know before I leave in morning.
all good dude-- i think if we have sausages and any other meat that turns up-2 barbys will be needed

Gazzar
20th July 2008, 08:06
Bro if you have 2 bikes PLEASE bring TWO lids--even if ones an older full face with no visor --Im running out of lids fast

sweet as mate I will be bringing 3, one old road lid,my wifes bike lid and one kids mx lid,will come in very handy will give you Frosty a ring about 8.30-9.00 2day.

dino3310
20th July 2008, 08:38
Hi FROSTY, even though me and my kids cant be there i'd just like to say thanks for putting on a wonderful day, what you and all your helpers are doing is f*#kin awesome. There's not a lot out there for our mini me's,
so this is a great ride indeed, one they wont forget.
:niceone::2thumbsup.

FROSTY
20th July 2008, 09:34
GREEN LIGHT FOR GO
weathers iffy but heck ya cant haVE EVERYTHING

boomer
20th July 2008, 09:41
Hi Tony,

sorry bro but i/we won't be there mate.

Have fun

Qkchk
20th July 2008, 10:27
Will be over in about an hour, Qkkid just has to set his curls first.... :wait:

FROSTY
20th July 2008, 16:58
woohoo--what can I say What a FANTASTIC day.
All the kids had a ball some of us oldies got down N dirty.
Im sure theres gonna be pictures from africa of the whole deal.
Thanks a million to EVERYBODY that turned up and just mucked in

As long as the "powers that be" still are happy to turn their blind eye the next one will be in roctober.
Theres a few little things that have me worried --easy fixed for nexst time

Qkkid
20th July 2008, 17:25
Awesome day for all Frosty:woohoo: at least 40 kids and maybe more adults well done look forward to the next one Tony:rockon:

Donor
20th July 2008, 17:27
Tony, thanks again so much for setting this up!

Best day we've had in bloody ages, kids are still raving on about it!

motorbyclist
20th July 2008, 18:14
Awesome day for all Frosty:woohoo: at least 40 kids and maybe more adults well done look forward to the next one Tony:rockon:

holy shite that's a good turnout!

sorry again i couldn't bring my 125 (plus 2 lids) but had to fix my roadbike for uni tomorrow

grantman
20th July 2008, 19:02
Thanks Frosty

we had a good day

It was really muddy and my son fell off 4 times
which is all part of the fun
(I was told to type that as he was looking over my shoulder )

Looking forward to another "Frosty's Day Out"

cheers
:rockon:

raster
20th July 2008, 19:07
Fantastic day, just attempting to peel the kids off the ceiling,

"Bestest day in my whole life!!" :) Him 7 years

"Scarry" :eek5: Her 8 years

:scooter:

Unable to get the pics off my phone, hope someone else can get some pics up.

Thanks Frosty, Your the man!

R

BM-GS
20th July 2008, 19:55
Awesome day, Frosty, thanks heaps for setting up the course and barbie and everything. Looking forward to the October one already!

Have the kids finished water-blasting everything in sight yet?

stify
20th July 2008, 20:19
orsum day Tony, thanks to all who made it possible and shared their bikes, cooked the feed etc etc, the young man had a "way cool" day(an the young lady now wants to have a go)....oh an cheers for making me look the part....:2thumbsup

LittleJohn
20th July 2008, 20:33
Cheers Frosty, great course, lots of fun and mud. Give us a yell if you want a hand to set up any other rides.

For all the new-comers today, if you have a bike check out http://www.northharbourminimotocross.co.nz/index.html. This club is just for kids and all about having fun. See you all next time.

John

Gazzar
20th July 2008, 20:43
Awsome day had by all,:niceone: thanks so much Frosty and all those who helped with the day,supplying all the bikes and helmets.:first:We need another awsome day like this, kids were asking on the way back home that was the coolest when can we do that again,:chase:I think there were a few adults that felt they got a good fix as well.:devil2:Thanks to those who marshalled around the track.Thanks Frosty for bbq,drinks and hospitality.:woohoo::cool::beer:

Gazzar
20th July 2008, 20:57
More pics!:lol::buggerd:

twi
20th July 2008, 21:15
:2thumbsup Thanks Frosty and everyone else that helped. A good day out. Our three year old said he had a "brilliant day" (I didn't even know he knew that word!)!

grantman
20th July 2008, 21:20
and a few more pics

Cant have to many of them having fun

ManDownUnder
21st July 2008, 14:52
Frosty.... nothing but thanks man.

I had to leave a bit early - our littlest was under the weather and the logistics of staying with one or two others got all too hard too quickly... but the little people had moe than plenty to talk about on the way home.

Mate - that absolutely rocked and even Eden (little Miss 2...) was chattering away about the bikes and mud and people falling down. Wicked fun... absolutely wicked.

... thanks! :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone: :niceone:

Eyetie
21st July 2008, 16:44
Well Done, Frosty- Good to see you havn't changed a bit, Gazzar thanks for taking my son he sounded knackered when I spoke to him, looked like a great day out, would of been good to be there!

Gazzar
21st July 2008, 17:13
Home again more pics!:yes::cool:

Gazzar
21st July 2008, 17:24
more pics!:wari::done:

Gazzar
21st July 2008, 19:20
and more pics:clap:

Gazzar
21st July 2008, 19:55
and more pics:clap::banana:

Aeon100
21st July 2008, 21:45
Thanks Frosty for the awesome day yesterday, my little fella was sad it had to end, but is real keen for the next outing. Our other mud covered kids enjoyed it heaps as did we.:scooter:

BM-GS
22nd July 2008, 11:50
More thanks to those who brung & shared the bikes. Without you the queues would have been truly unbearable for the little people.

And another one in November!!

FROSTY
22nd July 2008, 18:26
ya wanna know how dirty the bikes got ??

toonzn
22nd July 2008, 22:53
Awesome!! Day Frosty You the man!!

ManDownUnder
23rd July 2008, 13:21
yeah mate - I told the little people about another one coming up.... they were bouncing around like jumping jacks.

Big big thanks man.

grantman
23rd July 2008, 21:20
Hi Frosty
I can make some more little books for next "Frosty's day out"

I will add some of the photos posted here
if there are no objections from the parents

Cheers

eddy lee
23rd July 2008, 21:21
my son had a ball frosty we are looking forward for the next event! thanx eddy lee

eddy lee
23rd July 2008, 21:22
thats a great picture of us together!

Gazzar
23rd July 2008, 21:29
Hi Frosty

Cheers

You can use enty of my photos mate those books are awsome.

FROSTY
24th July 2008, 08:29
Hi Frosty

Cheers
Mate that would be fantastic.

Virago
24th July 2008, 13:28
It looks like you guys had a fantastic day. Well done Frosty.

There's some wonderful photos there of some very happy young riders. Don't forget that the 2009 KB Calendar photo submissions are now open...

FROSTY
25th July 2008, 12:28
It looks like you guys had a fantastic day. Well done Frosty.

There's some wonderful photos there of some very happy young riders. Don't forget that the 2009 KB Calendar photo submissions are now open...
WAAAY ahead of ya there dude -the two Pics I chose are on post 1
The look of determination on that lil fellas face was fantastic.

glice
27th July 2008, 17:42
This looked like a cool day. I wish there was something like this when I was that age!
I dont have any kids but would love to help if you need it for the next one.

BM-GS
31st October 2008, 20:09
Hi Frosty, just to bump this up again...

Sad to say we can't make it to the 16th - the little buggers got bit by the bug, and we'll be at the South Head ride instead.

For those out there who are thinking of going to this innocent-sounding get-together: the littlies will have a blast, but then they'll destroy your bank account. You'll enjoy watching them having a great time and you may even not notice what's about to happen, but be prepared to put up with non-stop "when can we do it again" and "can we get a quad-bike" and stuff like that - it drives you nuts.

Then you cave in and get one and go to the Family Day at Woodhill and the wife has a go on one of the loaners and next thing you know SHE wants a dirt-bike too!

Result!!

Frosty's ride's in the calendar:
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1690&day=2008-11-16&

Enjoy.

FROSTY
18th November 2008, 08:03
hey folks --this is how the last one went off--lets see if this one can be just as much fun

OutForADuck
18th November 2008, 08:15
Will be there with bells on and a very excited boy. Can cook.... my BBQ might be a little big but if you need it yell and I'll fit it in some how.

Tank
18th November 2008, 08:17
My young 'un cannot wait.!

Will contact you closer to the time to see if there is anything you need me to bring. Obv. just put my name down for any job that I can help with on the day.

FROSTY
18th November 2008, 08:29
. Can cook.... my BBQ might be a little big but if you need it yell and I'll fit it in some how.
Nope thanks to me ol mate MDU were well covered on the BBQ front
Could Do with a head chef --This time dinners gonna be up top
Mind you a table or two might be good