PDA

View Full Version : Otago: South Island 2008 KB Rally, registration thread

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Jantar
4th June 2008, 22:48
The event is now marked on the KB calender. Please register your attendence.

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1643&day=2008-12-13

scumdog
14th June 2008, 17:01
So how many so far???

fireball
14th June 2008, 17:33
now that is tempting to fly down and steal the old mans CT125 for.....

Jantar
14th June 2008, 17:33
36 so far, and in some cases there will be partners as well.

now that is tempting to fly down and steal the old mans CT125 for.....

Well just do it. :D

NighthawkNZ
14th June 2008, 17:51
just do it.

You now owe nike air a $1, please pay me and I will pass it on to them...

Oh I will be there again this year :)

Steam
14th June 2008, 19:07
I have booked the time off work already.

Mr Triple
15th June 2008, 18:14
Done the same here, booked the time of work already. Looking forward to it. :drinkup:

Ecclesnz
16th June 2008, 17:51
I'm booked in, now need to work out how to get there, and who else will want to come along.

dangerous
17th June 2008, 06:20
43 huh :apint: how many of us have done every one? was 20 odd at the 1st was there not... some never reterned tho, I will once again, however there might be a slight difference on arival for us.

Bren
17th June 2008, 06:46
43 huh :apint: how many of us have done every one? was 20 odd at the 1st was there not... some never reterned tho, I will once again, however there might be a slight difference on arival for us.

whats up with you guys then?>

dangerous
17th June 2008, 07:07
whats up with you guys then?> nothing man, just might not be a Guzzi and or Buell ariving thats all ;)

Bren
17th June 2008, 07:18
nothing man, just might not be a Guzzi and or Buell ariving thats all ;)

ya movin over to harleys are ya?....dont say ya going to get a ducati...

dangerous
17th June 2008, 17:10

Theres 10 vehickels in the garage mate, we will be transporting out arses with at least one of them. :apint:

doc
17th June 2008, 17:39
nothing man, just might not be a Guzzi and or Buell ariving thats all ;)

Pushrods are so yesterday. Not the work ute ?

dangerous
17th June 2008, 17:58
Pushrods are so yesterday. Not the work ute ?

NO, that dont belong in the Garage :scooter:

cruza
18th June 2008, 17:34
Theres 10 vehickels in the garage mate, we will be transporting out arses with at least one of them. :apint:

As long as ya turn up , doesn't matter what ya tow the kb trailer with.:bleh:

T.W.R
18th June 2008, 18:23

You finally going to deliver a certain XN85 back to it's rightful owner huh? :whistle: It'd be a good wee strop down there to run it in ;)

p.s that horn on your ute should on the guzzi :shit:

Rashika
18th June 2008, 19:03
You finally going to deliver a certain XN85 back to it's rightful owner huh? :whistle: It'd be a good wee strop down there to run it in ;)

p.s that horn on your ute should on the guzzi :shit:

yeah it was pretty good wasn't it? That was D hitting it by the way, I was driving...

T.W.R
18th June 2008, 19:34
yeah it was pretty good wasn't it? That was D hitting it by the way, I was driving...

:yes: does the job nicely

was he coming up for air :rofl::dodge:

:nya:

helenoftroy
19th June 2008, 13:09
:Pokey:

:yes: does the job nicely

was he coming up for air :rofl::dodge:

:nya:

Just choked on my coffee!!!:lol:
Not gonna be able to get that mental picture out of my brain all day - crack-up!!:killingme:killingme:killingme

xknuts
20th June 2008, 19:37
43 huh :apint: how many of us have done every one? was 20 odd at the 1st was there not... some never reterned tho...

Yeah, 20 badges minted for "Originals" @ 1st camp.
12 of those Originals registered for 3rd, We must know a good party :drinknsin

This one will be biggest by far!:2thumbsup

Ghost_Bullet
20th June 2008, 23:09
Whew me is looking forward to the gig again... non of those wicked woodys from the KB 2nd gig.
See yo all there, if not before.... PP, Nelson, etc.

Bren
20th June 2008, 23:15
sure as hell I wont miss it this year..even if I is in the norf island!...speaking of which...is there a norf island kb bash?

dangerous
21st June 2008, 08:55
...is there a norf island kb bash?

There was a few years back thay ran it for 2yrs, but then it fell apart due to some decent folk leaving KB cos of arses and changes to the site, the rest of em aint into touring and socilising they just wana ride fast ride like shit fall off and wank on about how cool it was and be home in time for tea after hanging out at the coffee bar posing in their tooth past tubes all arvo... :chase:

*mainley applys from the bombays up

normajeane
21st June 2008, 09:18
So it is tassels then for you D??:clap:

Bren
21st June 2008, 09:54
There was a few years back thay ran it for 2yrs, but then it fell apart due to some decent folk leaving KB cos of arses and changes to the site, the rest of em aint into touring and socilising they just wana ride fast ride like shit fall off and wank on about how cool it was and be home in time for tea after hanging out at the coffee bar posing in their tooth past tubes all arvo... :chase:

*mainley applys from the bombays up

suddenly I feel less better about the move!...if that is possible......im stressed out enuff as it is

Kickaha
21st June 2008, 10:09
sure as hell I wont miss it this year..even if I is in the norf island!...speaking of which...is there a norf island kb bash?

Yes there is

North Island BustaGut Gathering
(http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67007)

but you've already missed it

dangerous
21st June 2008, 17:53

Like fuk... :oi-grr:

dangerous
21st June 2008, 17:58
Yes there is

North Island BustaGut Gathering
(http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=67007)

but you've already missed it

yeah but no one showed... I was on line to chancyy on the night those that were there wer looking over her sholder...

doc
22nd June 2008, 10:20

There must be ginga tassels available. :clap:

woodybee
22nd June 2008, 11:42
Gday Dudes and Dudess's

Count me in on this one, Woodybee'll be there..........

Well here I am in the land of blighty and in my hometown of Worcester. wow what a week, I saw Coldplay on Monday and was 4 from the front. God I was mesmorised as Coldplay are my favourite ever group and love them to bits, so you can imagine what that was like...................Move over Gwyneth, Cris is now mine..........wa wa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. The rock rang me after the concert and interviewed me.........2nd interview of the night as I was interviewed in the queue by a french tv station, and sang a bit of Trouble and got a roud of applause............woooo that was funny. Stayed at the Tower Hotel right next to the Tower Bridge and Tower of London..........wicked.

The next 3 weeks are going to be manic, Im back to London on Thursday, to watch Radiohead............another group I love...........thanks to idb playing it to me a couple of years ago.................Don't time fly.

Well, being back here, has reminded just how mesmorising the landscape is in NZ and I am really missing it, although loving the hoards of folk and gigs over here, and seeing my family again is restful and fantastic.

Right then gotta go, miss you guys, but I did get a phone call from a Scottish bloke i have know for years who tells me that rallies are alive and kicking over here, he has just been to a local one u p in his neck of the woods called Furry Boots...........so going to do a bit of research on that one, in case I return to this country.

Ciao for now, mon amigos

Woodybee x

Bren
22nd June 2008, 12:03
lucky you woodybee...i envy you....coldplay woulda been so good...be great to see ya this year at the get together

Mrs Shrek
24th June 2008, 13:55

So, do we cut the rope before or after you leave? :dodge: :rofl:

Ruralman
2nd July 2008, 20:03
So, do we cut the rope before or after you leave? :dodge: :rofl:

Don't do that - they've actually been sending power back down this way 'cos our Lakes are so low - but don't let on we know about that or we'll get loaded all this holier than thou shit
I see you're registered as a pillion - I think we should assign you the role of official group ride photographer and you can take lots of pics over the big fella's shoulders (easier than trying to look around them aye !!)

Mrs Shrek
3rd July 2008, 15:32
I see you're registered as a pillion - I think we should assign you the role of official group ride photographer and you can take lots of pics over the big fella's shoulders (easier than trying to look around them aye !!)

Why you want to know what speed he's doing? Only I need to know that :devil2:

oldrider
3rd July 2008, 20:20
Why you want to know what speed he's doing? Only I need to know that :devil2:

Yeah, you and the man with the funny lights on his roof! :eek5: ( Here's a clue! :Police: ) Cheers, John.

scumdog
3rd July 2008, 20:36
As they say in Hollywood:

"Sources say"

A red 1200 Harley from the deep south could be arriving at the KB get-together at Danseys pass - and it could be arriving there under the control of a certain ginga from Christchurch.......more to follow.

doc
3rd July 2008, 20:42
As they say in Hollywood:

"Sources say"

A red 1200 Harley from the deep south could be arriving at the KB get-together at Danseys pass - and it could be arriving there under the control of a certain ginga from Christchurch.......more to follow.

Do the Police have a charge for "Spreading malicious rumours" D on a Harley never in a 1000 years.

scumdog
3rd July 2008, 20:46
Do the Police have a charge for "Spreading malicious rumours" D on a Harley never in a 1000 years.

Hmm, I have been waiting to see a man eat his words -- and it seems I have a likely candidate..

doc
3rd July 2008, 20:48
Hmm, I have been waiting to see a man eat his words -- and it seems I have a likely candidate..
Na he'd fall off , before he got there.

dangerous
3rd July 2008, 20:50

The Harley isnt the problem, its them FARKING TASSLES

Na he'd fall off , before he got there.
Thank you for the suport :apint:

Dave-
3rd July 2008, 21:05
oh i do believe mikkel, someone, someone and I are signing up to this...oh i see mike has registered....

dangerous
3rd July 2008, 21:07
oh i do believe mikkel, someone, someone and I are signing up to this...oh i see mike has registered....

ummm... your point? you guys are or are not comming?

scumdog
3rd July 2008, 21:47

Hay, c'mon, a Harley man ain't complete without tassles - are you a man???:msn-wink:

Ruralman
3rd July 2008, 22:26
Hay, c'mon, a Harley man ain't complete without tassles - are you a man???:msn-wink:

You need to be a big mean looking motherfuka to get away with it - too good looking and everyone would think you're a poof

Please tell me that this is a one off bizarre challenge by the Dangerman and not some permanent move to a large disability scooter ????:argh:

scumdog
3rd July 2008, 22:40
There is a change in Dangeous's life and it's all for the better..:devil2:

dangerous
4th July 2008, 06:28
There is a change in Dangeous's life and it's all for the better..:devil2:
All I know is you will see us at the rally, the only thing Ill be changing over the next 5 months is me grunds.:scooter:

xknuts
4th July 2008, 10:58
A permanent move to a large disability scooter ????:argh:

With a sidecar, LOL

All I know is you will see us at the rally,

Good man!

idb
4th July 2008, 12:40

I don't think they're compulsory.
If SD tries to make you wear them just say..."Don't tassel me man!"

scumdog
4th July 2008, 12:52
I don't think they're compulsory.
If SD tries to make you wear them just say..."Don't tassel me man!"

Dunno what he's worried about, after all his Guzzi was seen all over Christchurch being ridden by a tassled rider...:whistle:

NighthawkNZ
4th July 2008, 21:43
Dunno what he's worried about, after all his Guzzi was seen all over Christchurch being ridden by a tassled rider...:whistle:

Tassel get him going... :chase:

dangerous
4th July 2008, 21:48
Tassel get him going... :chase:Yeah.. almost as much as bloody bot racer flewro lights on ya bike :dodge:

98tls
4th July 2008, 21:53
Dunno what he's worried about, after all his Guzzi was seen all over Christchurch being ridden by a tassled rider...:whistle: Ginga with tassels:apint:"Then over the hill came chickens in helicopters"

dangerous
4th July 2008, 21:57
Ginga with tassels:apint:"Then over the hill came chickens in helicopters"I wasnt riding it 98, it was out on loan and treated that badley it wasnt funny, having to transport tassles... even Itialy wont have the bike back now.

98tls
4th July 2008, 22:00
I wasnt riding it 98, it was out on loan and treated that badley it wasnt funny, having to transport tassles... even Itialy wont have the bike back now. :mellow::killingme:killingme

Dave-
6th July 2008, 11:17
ummm... your point? you guys are or are not comming?

at this stage im coming

xknuts
6th July 2008, 20:16
Niel tells me he can cope with 150 people, so no problems so far.:rolleyes:
Hell, I'm impressed with numbers so far, even with a drop off of numbers closer to the event, it will still be the biggest party by far.
Bring it on!:woohoo:
I'll be checking out facilities this Saturday.

98tls
6th July 2008, 20:21
Niel tells me he can cope with 150 people, so no problems so far.:rolleyes:
Hell, I'm impressed with numbers so far, even with a drop off of numbers closer to the event, it will still be the biggest party by far.
I'll be checking out facilities this Saturday. Mate could you ask if it would be ok for us to drop stuff off there the week before (or so) as per my post way back regarding taking stuff over there for people in the ute.

xknuts
6th July 2008, 20:54
Mate could you ask if it would be ok for us to drop stuff off there the week before (or so) as per my post way back regarding taking stuff over there for people in the ute.

I will be doing that!
We may need some serious BBQ gear for another split etc, but Neil may have something there.
I will advise.

98tls
6th July 2008, 20:58
I will be doing that!
We may need some serious BBQ gear for another split etc, but Neil may have something there.
I will advise. Cheers,if he doesnt i can throw mine on the truck.

NighthawkNZ
6th July 2008, 21:01
bring it on... last year we had a blast :)

helenoftroy
6th July 2008, 21:31

bring it on... last year we had a blast :)

I sooo had a blast last year:devil2:
Im sure no-one noticed!!!:Oops:
Absolutely!!!bring it on:clap:

Dave-
6th July 2008, 21:40
man I havent been to danseys pass camping ground since i was a kid...

pack togs!

bring an eel spear!

dangerous
7th July 2008, 04:11
Cheers,if he doesnt i can throw mine on the truck.FYI... motorcycle rally, not truck rally:headbang:

pack togs!
bring an eel spear!Man if you got an eel spear Ill defnitly have my togs.

alley cat
7th July 2008, 06:29
Man if you got an eel spear Ill defnitly have my togs.

Ewww, boys get a room:shifty:

Bren
7th July 2008, 06:32
I sooo had a blast last year:devil2:
Im sure no-one noticed!!!:Oops:
Absolutely!!!bring it on:clap:

i am sure all of us had a blast!...and some of us had a blasting hangover the next day....but man that lamb was bloody nice, and the pig was sweet too

scumdog
7th July 2008, 10:29
i am sure all of us had a blast!...and some of us had a blasting hangover the next day....but man that lamb was bloody nice, and the pig was sweet too

And my rib has almost healed - no more drinking for me!!:innocent:

idb
7th July 2008, 13:06
Man if you got an eel spear Ill defnitly have my togs.

I'll bring my club!

scumdog
7th July 2008, 13:10
I'll bring my club!

The 'Lets Have a KB Wave' club??

idb
7th July 2008, 13:44
The 'Lets Have a KB Wave' club??

I meant my eel club but hey...you've given me a great idea...!!!!
I won't mention too much about it at the moment but maybe I should start a separate thread about it....

scumdog
7th July 2008, 13:47
I won't mention too much about it at the moment but maybe I should start a separate thread about it....

Eels have clubs??? Where do the meet? What do they call themselves - "The Eels Angels?"

And why did you join them?

(More to the point: Why did they let you join?:clap:)

NighthawkNZ
7th July 2008, 14:34

Does KB have a spethial wave... :pinch:

jim.cox
7th July 2008, 14:39

My hovercraft is full of eels...

idb
7th July 2008, 16:03

You've guessed!

Bren
7th July 2008, 16:43

oi you, you takin the pith outta me...for thucks thake!

Subike
7th July 2008, 18:03
well
all going to plan, I will be there on my ride...........
Which is at the moment under the spanner/grinder/welder/painter/sparky,bla bla bla
Fook those exsessive motors are heavy suckers!!
I have managed to remove 50lb so far in xsesive weight...
changed the suspension
tossed the bench seat
tossed the longrange tank
tossed the ugly square lights and clocks
the Harris exhaust is sitting on the edge of the bin, deciding if it is rubbish or not, with luck a new Jardine full system will be mine ...yeah!!!
and I will be fitting a bracket for my EEL spear!
so this should be the first ride she will be taking part in......
As a forward thinking hoon.......98tls confiscate my keys if you see me with a bottle.......last year was fun, but stupid!
so closer to the time I will be wanting to know whos going down on the friday as I will want to scooter along with at least three other rides!!!

EELS , YUMMY, Anyone got a portable fish smoker? smoked eel mmmmmmmm

NighthawkNZ
7th July 2008, 18:12
well
all going to plan, I will be there on my ride...........
Which is at the moment under the spanner/grinder/welder/painter/sparky,bla bla bla
Fook those exsessive motors are heavy suckers!!
I have managed to remove 50lb so far in xsesive weight...
changed the suspension
tossed the bench seat
tossed the longrange tank
tossed the ugly square lights and clocks
the Harris exhaust is sitting on the edge of the bin, deciding if it is rubbish or not, with luck a new Jardine full system will be mine ...yeah!!!
and I will be fitting a bracket for my EEL spear!
so this should be the first ride she will be taking part in......
As a forward thinking hoon.......98tls confiscate my keys if you see me with a bottle.......last year was fun, but stupid!
so closer to the time I will be wanting to know whos going down on the friday as I will want to scooter along with at least three other rides!!!

EELS , YUMMY, Anyone got a portable fish smoker? smoked eel mmmmmmmm

So bassically you have a wheel
http://www.southernrider.co.nz/images/fbfiles/images/uno_bike.jpg

Subike
7th July 2008, 18:17
So bassically you have a wheel
http://www.southernrider.co.nz/images/fbfiles/images/uno_bike.jpg

think I would need more than two bottles of Jack to do a burn out on that,

NighthawkNZ
7th July 2008, 18:43
think I would need more than two bottles of Jack to do a burn out on that,

can be arranged... :apint: though... I don't know where to get the unobike from.... :doh:

xknuts
8th July 2008, 10:00
..98tls confiscate my keys if you see me with a bottle.......last year was fun, but stupid!

Oh, it was fun watchin your ANTICS at Staging Post but 99% of us would not do that to our pride n joy!:bash:
So you are building up another Pride N Joy? Yeah Right!

Can't wait for the burn out.:woohoo:

xknuts
15th July 2008, 18:11
There is no point in making any arrangements for bunks etc until Scott & Marg take over the Danseys Pass Campground after end July. Neil is just not interested.

We can't make any BBQ arrangements until then either! Then we can find out what gear is available to us.

oldrider
15th July 2008, 18:37
There is no point in making any arrangements for bunks etc until Scott & Marg take over the Danseys Pass Campground after end July. Neil is just not interested.

We can't make any BBQ arrangements until then either! Then we can find out what gear is available to us.

Yeh, I tried to get sorted (as you do) but there wasn't a lot of enthusiasm to be found. :yawn:

Never mind the new brooms will be wanting to sweep clean, all should be sweet on the day. :niceone:

Shrek to the left, sleepers to the right, theres gonna be a party that night! :headbang::drinknsin

Wont be long and suddenly we will all be there. :eek: See yah there. :banana: Cheers John.

dangerous
15th July 2008, 20:13
Hey, whos in charge of this rally? I mean like whos sorting shit out with the Venue?

xknuts
16th July 2008, 21:35
I have sort of put my hand up, but I'm talking to Oldrider & 98tls (the locals). There are others who'll help if called upon. No Panic:done:

Mikkel
20th July 2008, 19:34
I am very much hoping to be there - I just have to fit it in with my parents visiting from Europe around that time too.

_Shrek_
20th July 2008, 19:53
I have sort of put my hand up, but I'm talking to Oldrider & 98tls (the locals). There are others who'll help if called upon. No Panic:done:

:eek5: call on them call on them P.D.Q coz Oldrider will forget (an age thing) if Pips not there to control him 98tls's brain will be in woodys mode & just want to :drinknsing (no time to eat)

98tls
9th August 2008, 20:03
:eek5: call on them call on them P.D.Q coz Oldrider will forget (an age thing) if Pips not there to control him 98tls's brain will be in woodys mode & just want to :drinknsing (no time to eat) :2thumbsupEverythings under control hic:dodge:John called in the other day and we are off on an exploratory ride in the near future,when thats done no doubt will have to call in at some watering hole and eventually forget all we found but hey rest assured things are in hand (no not that thing):mad:

McJim
9th August 2008, 20:19
I still plan to be there....however I may need to jog or use a pushie.....

98tls
9th August 2008, 20:23
I still plan to be there....however I may need to jog or use a pushie..... I may well have to take the ute,if so could pick you up somewhere etc.

_Shrek_
9th August 2008, 20:30

Xnuts might need a lift too as i heard he had a we off & is waiting for parts, does anyone know how hes doin?

McJim
9th August 2008, 20:33
We will see how things play out over the next few months. If we can get the whole childcare thing sorted out then the missus can go back to work too and it'll be gravy. If we have to keep going on one income it's gonna be one bike or none. Will be a shame to turn up to a bike rally in a car or a bicycle though.

dangerous
9th August 2008, 20:52
and why is that then, no bike?
selling a bike wont help the suituation in the long run, just park up for a year.

xknuts
9th August 2008, 22:34
Xnuts might need a lift too as i heard he had a we off & is waiting for parts, does anyone know how hes doin?

He's a bit fragile, nothing broken. Parts are well underway! Always the pretty stuff & Check out my head protector!! A good advt not to wear a half helmet :mad:

_Shrek_
10th August 2008, 08:50
He's a bit fragile, nothing broken. Parts are well underway! Always the pretty stuff & Check out my head protector!! A good advt not to wear a half helmet :mad:

did the custard tart slip on some icing :baby: good to hear you're ok, :clap: meet a guy who's got spare parts coming in the same container as you, he's got a custard tart as well :rolleyes:

Daffyd
10th August 2008, 15:42

Details, details. How, where, when why?

Glad you're ok.

Winston001
12th August 2008, 20:49
Yeah. Time for a heads-up guys. Whats the go?

Mr Triple
19th August 2008, 10:50
Gee 63 people going now, this is going to be a great rally roll round December:2thumbsup

NighthawkNZ
19th August 2008, 11:00
hopefully we have booked a cabin :whistle:

Rashika
19th August 2008, 11:47
Actually I guess we will probably need a cabin now too. Being in a special category now, I suspect I might need it!
Still plan on being there now tho ;)

Winston001
19th August 2008, 13:32
December....? Hmmm frantic time of year with family and work, see how things pan out.

scumdog
19th August 2008, 13:38
Actually I guess we will probably need a cabin now too. Being in a special category now, I suspect I might need it!

YOU'RE alright but I guess you'll be bringing that ginga larrikin too though??:shit:

Rashika
19th August 2008, 13:46
YOU'RE alright but I guess you'll be bringing that ginga larrikin too though??:shit:

yeah I guess so... though as long as I get a cabin, I dont mind about him! :msn-wink: :dodge:

cruza
19th August 2008, 15:21
Heck not good to hear about your 'off' xknuts. yep full face helmet all the way.

dangerous
19th August 2008, 19:02
Gee 63 people going now, this is going to be a great rally roll round December:2thumbsup

apercentage of those that ticked the calander... wont turn up and another percentage wont have relised they ticked it so wont turn up... I however will :niceone:

scumdog
19th August 2008, 19:13
apercentage of those that ticked the calander... wont turn up and another percentage wont have relised they ticked it so wont turn up... I however will :niceone:

Frikkin' ginga whisky drinin' troubl-maker, what ya doing postin on here when you COULD be working on a certain XN85...

Yer doris is welcome but ya better bring some single-malt to the KB camp-out.

NO wait - it's ME thats meant to bring the single malt...:shutup::doh:

_Shrek_
19th August 2008, 19:35

so have you got the new side-car fitted to the Corsa :whistle:

NO wait - it's ME thats meant to bring the single malt...:shutup::doh:

if you bring the Tequila I'll bring the 12yo Scotch :yes:

xknuts
19th August 2008, 19:38
Heck not good to hear about your 'off' xknuts. yep full face helmet all the way.

Only UP from here on!

Quite correct D, it will possibly wither somewhat.
One way or the other this will be the biggest KB South Island gathering yet.:rockon:

dangerous
19th August 2008, 19:45
so have you got the new side-car fitted to the Corsa :whistle:
FARK OFF :banana:

NighthawkNZ
19th August 2008, 20:02
FARK OFF :banana:

padded top box then :chase:

Xaria
21st August 2008, 07:36
Posting my cabin booking today. Was supposed to be done yesterday, but stuff happened.

Mr Triple
21st August 2008, 17:25

Oh well mines a keeper I've already booked the time off work so keen as. :Punk:

dangerous
21st August 2008, 18:16
Posting my cabin booking today. Was supposed to be done yesterday, but stuff happened.

aye what? can some one give me a contact or something cos If I dont book a cabin for you know who (she will be 7months fat) then we wont be there LOL... phone number please :beer:

Xaria
21st August 2008, 18:47
aye what? can some one give me a contact or something cos If I dont book a cabin for you know who (she will be 7months fat) then we wont be there LOL... phone number please :beer:

http://www.danseyspassholidaypark.co.nz/ has all the details

dangerous
21st August 2008, 18:54
http://www.danseyspassholidaypark.co.nz/ has all the details

sweet thanks... er whats the date?

xknuts
21st August 2008, 19:55
sweet thanks... er whats the date?

And you don't know how to look in the Calendar??? :argh:
December 12th/13th/14th

Ecclesnz
22nd August 2008, 23:00
Ok, so loking at the site, they only have cabins with 2 bedrooms in them right?

Anyone wanting to go halves on one?

Only need one bedroom

dangerous
23rd August 2008, 09:05
Ok, so loking at the site, they only have cabins with 2 bedrooms in them right?

Anyone wanting to go halves on one?

Only need one bedroom

on the website posted above they say there is 4 bedroom cabins aswell

McJim
23rd August 2008, 09:50
Will it be possible to just rock up on the day and pitch a tent? Or is advance booking for acommodation absolutely necessary?

P.S. I don't object to paying rent on the space to pitch the tent y'understand I just don't like booking stuff in advance (in my life anything I've booked in advance something else has always come up and I've not been able to go HOWEVER when I take the ol' "suck it and see" approach everything works out peachy)

Daffyd
23rd August 2008, 15:22
Will it be possible to just rock up on the day and pitch a tent? Or is advance booking for acommodation absolutely necessary?

P.S. I don't object to paying rent on the space to pitch the tent y'understand I just don't like booking stuff in advance (in my life anything I've booked in advance something else has always come up and I've not been able to go HOWEVER when I take the ol' "suck it and see" approach everything works out peachy)

That goes for me too.

xknuts
23rd August 2008, 21:36
That goes for me too.

If ya tenting just rock up on the day! Niel tells me he has space for 150 people.

Mr Triple
24th August 2008, 09:47
I think what I will do is rock on up with my tent on the day. If anyone has booked a cabin with a spear room when I get there and would like to shear the costs etc I'll be keen. Otherwise I'll just put me tent up and start :drinkup:

Xaria
24th August 2008, 16:49
We are just prebooked for the cabins as we are staying two nights and I am sure I will be tented out by then.

Happy to share with anyone on the night etc.

dangerous
24th August 2008, 17:00
We are just prebooked for the cabins as we are staying two nights and I am sure I will be tented out by then.

Share... how youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, doing chick :apint:

Subike
24th August 2008, 17:13
any tentitive plans for group rides from CHCH to the site, on friday.Would prefere to go with a group and will adjust my plans to suit others.
Plus any cages going that could carry gear?I will be tenting it as I always do, you dont want to listen to my snoring or smell my bad feet!

dangerous
24th August 2008, 17:33
any tentitive plans for group rides from CHCH to the site, on friday.Would prefere to go with a group and will adjust my plans to suit others.
Plus any cages going that could carry gear?I will be tenting it as I always do, you dont want to listen to my snoring or smell my bad feet!

YES... closer to the time we will organise a groupride, and Im thinking there will be caged transport for excess luggage for those that ait real biker tourers :whistle:

Subike
24th August 2008, 17:39
lol, ""aint real bike tourers"" I just will not have a luggage rack fitted, and dont want to scratch the paint , can you believe that! Really!

dangerous
24th August 2008, 17:54
lol, ""aint real bike tourers"" I just will not have a luggage rack fitted, and dont want to scratch the paint , can you believe that! Really!

So.. all ya need is a bivvy bag, what else does a real biker need :cold:

far queue
24th August 2008, 20:25
Making statements like that is how you get a reputation :whistle:

Lil'M
24th August 2008, 21:17
Ooh, just spotted this thread!
Who knows what i'll be up to in December but I dont see why i cant make it :clap:

_Shrek_
24th August 2008, 21:53
So.. all ya need is a bivvy bag, what else does a real biker need :cold:

a wife
a soft bed or (hammock)
a maid
a bottle or case of :scratch:
a bike

Bren
24th August 2008, 22:22
I am sorry to say that my cage is unavailable this year....with luck it will be across the water in Kapiti...I would like to go but make no guarantees...

shit....63 already...and still months away!

SDU
25th August 2008, 11:45
Well i have discovered I have the weekend in question off.....

You never know but we may just manage to find our way down to party with the rabble!

Mr Triple
25th August 2008, 19:34

You never know but we may just manage to find our way down to party with the rabble!

Be excellent to see you both at this, be a good trip down have a few beers talk some poo yeah:headbang:

doc
25th August 2008, 20:20

I can only comment on my past experience, which is only at one of these events. However the only rabble I saw was ridding a Guzzie and drinking 12% Woodies :sick:

dangerous
25th August 2008, 20:31
I can only comment on my past experience, which is only at one of these events. However the only rabble I saw was ridding a Guzzie and drinking 12% Woodies :sick:
bourbon :sick: that counts me out :Punk:

doc
25th August 2008, 20:34
bourbon :sick: that counts me out :Punk:

That tyme maybe. We will see yet. :beer:

NighthawkNZ
25th August 2008, 20:35

Thats Q...

SDU
26th August 2008, 13:33

That's not rabble that's class:laugh:

oh hang on we are talking about Q here well that's another story:chase:

Mikkel
27th August 2008, 07:56
I'm very keen, but my parents are visiting at that time. As such I'm a bit reluctant to start booking a cabin or such - I'm kinda hoping that I'll be able to fit the rally into the programme.
It would ease my mind greatly if I knew for sure whether a car was going down there from Chch where I could fit in tent, mattress and a sleeping bag.

doc
27th August 2008, 18:39
I'm very keen, but my parents are visiting at that time. As such I'm a bit reluctant to start booking a cabin or such - I'm kinda hoping that I'll be able to fit the rally into the programme.
It would ease my mind greatly if I knew for sure whether a car was going down there from Chch where I could fit in tent, mattress and a sleeping bag.

Bring your parents, they can sit with Scumdog. Then they would have someone their age to talk to. :cool:

Mikkel
27th August 2008, 19:32
Mate, I haven't turned 30 yet - exactly how old do you think my parents are? :crazy:

:chase:

My father does enjoy a good whiskey though. :)

_Shrek_
27th August 2008, 23:54
Mate, I haven't turned 30 yet - exactly how old do you think my parents are? :crazy:

:chase:

My father does enjoy a good whiskey though. :)

:shutup: I got kids older than you so bring them along & we can :laugh: when you try to act grown up after you've had to much :drinkup:

dangerous
28th August 2008, 06:21
if I knew for sure whether a car was going down there from Chch where I could fit in tent, mattress and a sleeping bag.

Are you are biker or what?

Ghost_Bullet
28th August 2008, 21:00

Bloody idiots... I saw a guy doing the same... will they ever learn???

cruza
29th August 2008, 15:34

It did have me wondering About that when he mentioned "mattress". At least if his parents come ,Mum can make his bed for him :baby:

doc
29th August 2008, 17:55
My father does enjoy a good whiskey though. :) Well your father is going to fit in well . :innocent:

MyGSXF
29th August 2008, 18:04
Bring your parents, they can sit with Scumdog. Then they would have someone their age to talk to. :cool:

Oi you!! :nono: You hassle my Pa & I'll be forced to put you over my knee & :spanking: your bottom, by crikey!!! :girlfight:

doc
29th August 2008, 18:24

Oi you!! :nono: You hassle my Pa & I'll be forced to put you over my knee & :spanking: your bottom, by crikey!!! :girlfight:

Oh ! :Oops: Forgot about the rabble at the other end of the Island :eek5:. Just have to see how many from the Mainland , we can muster to bring some culture to this event. :yes:

There has to be more Norf Islanders that want to do this event ? :weep:

Mikkel
29th August 2008, 18:32
:shutup: I got kids older than you so bring them along & we can :laugh: when you try to act grown up after you've had to much :drinkup:

Mate I'm so immature I couldn't concentrate on acting grown up for long enough that anyone would notice ;)

Besides, I really didn't think you were THAT old :dodge:

I prefer not to label myself - and I prefer not to sleep on the ground. Don't you know that wet grass spread SARS? :oi-grr:
I thought that you guys might be bringing a support vehicle down though. :scratch:

It did have me wondering About that when he mentioned "mattress". At least if his parents come ,Mum can make his bed for him :baby:

If my parents come along my partner will come along as well - which means I won't have to bring mom outta retirement ;)
However, I think I'd prefer not to have to keep a check on my family - takes valuable attention away from the more important tasks at hand (getting pissed and talking bullshit).

NighthawkNZ
29th August 2008, 19:00

he might enjoy that...

_Shrek_
30th August 2008, 08:29
It did have me wondering About that when he mentioned "mattress".

i think he means "misttress" :corn:

Well your father is going to fit in well . :innocent:

well he should with you, Oldrider, scumdog & (Sels1 if he comes) we'll have to set aside a special park for your zimmer frames :whistle:

I thought that you guys might be bringing a support vehicle down though. :scratch:

there arn't enough Harley's going :innocent: & SD & normajeans HD's don't brake down :sweat:

xknuts
1st September 2008, 18:27
Scott wants all attendees to print & post this booking form with your accommodation requests. I will attempt to outline the costs & layout of rooms so you can send the 50% deposit to secure your prefered option.
Just itemise whether you are a Couple(M/F), or a couple of mates who want to share the same bunkroom, or A Frame twin room etc.

A FRAME. $180 per night. If 8 fill it it will work out @ $22.50 PPIt can sleep up to 10: 2 of the rooms have double beds.
KITCHEN COTTAGES $54 Couple, $26 each. There are many layout options here. Bunk rooms that sleep 5, 1 x queen bedroom, etc etc.
BUNKHOUSE $15 PP, Sleeps 8 persons
TENTS Small single $14, couple $28

KB'ers who just turn up on the day will be accommodated.

far queue
2nd September 2008, 18:57
Thanks for that. I had a chat to them this afternoon and then faxed the filled in form with my credit card details on it. I’m booked into the bunk room Fri and Sat nights, so I’ll definitely be there :ride:

scumdog
2nd September 2008, 19:35
Thanks for that. I had a chat to them this afternoon and then faxed the filled in form with my credit card details on it. I’m booked into the bunk room Fri and Sat nights, so I’ll definitely be there :ride:

Harumph, a certain standard is expected - and YOU have exceeded it!!!!:blink:

Ghost_Bullet
2nd September 2008, 22:52
I am going to bring along the fabric bungalo otherwise known as a tent... Should be great stuff, the best thing, is I dont think you can buy that 12%woodstock anymore??? WHEW!!!!!!

Bren
2nd September 2008, 23:04
I am going to bring along the fabric bungalo otherwise known as a tent... Should be great stuff, the best thing, is I dont think you can buy that 12%woodstock anymore??? WHEW!!!!!!

3 4% cans make a 12% can mate...you will just be pissing more!

Bren
2nd September 2008, 23:05
Oh ! :Oops: Forgot about the rabble at the other end of the Island :eek5:. Just have to see how many from the Mainland , we can muster to bring some culture to this event. :yes:

There has to be more Norf Islanders that want to do this event ? :weep:

dont worry doc...if i can make it i would like to travel down with you from kapiti onwards...

Bren
2nd September 2008, 23:09
Scott wants all attendees to print & post this booking form with your accommodation requests. I will attempt to outline the costs & layout of rooms so you can send the 50% deposit to secure your prefered option.

um, your attachment came through the wire looking worse for wear...it was upside down...prolly a good indication as to how some are gonna end up...upside down in a puddle of their own mess...not mentioning any names....but I know one bloke whose vomit makes for a good paint stripper

xknuts
3rd September 2008, 12:35
I’m booked into the bunk room Fri and Sat nights, so I’ll definitely be there :ride:

Good to see ya doing the Fiday night as well!:woohoo:

far queue
3rd September 2008, 12:49
Harumph, a certain standard is expected - and YOU have exceeded it!!!!:blink:I have my standards and I refuse to lower them to wearing tassels :bleh:

Good to see ya doing the Fiday night as well!:woohoo:Too right, the plan is to get in a day ride on the Saturday.

doc
3rd September 2008, 20:18
dont worry doc...if i can make it i would like to travel down with you from kapiti onwards...

Yep no prob. Tryin to figure out if its possible to do Burt and KB do together :drool: . Maybe leave bike in Sth Island and fly home in between. Don't know yet. Might end up too expensive. :rolleyes:

Ghost_Bullet
3rd September 2008, 20:45
3 4% cans make a 12% can mate...you will just be pissing more!

Come on dude, be sensible, we are in a world of political correctness, and wrecklass drinking habits do not go down very well at all.

It will be water or nothing.....:oi-grr:

xknuts
3rd September 2008, 22:26
Yep no prob. Tryin to figure out if its possible to do Burt and KB do together :drool: . Maybe leave bike in Sth Island and fly home in between. Don't know yet. Might end up too expensive. :rolleyes:

Hey Doc,
Keep an eye on Air NZ site every morning early b4 work coz grab a seat deals are loaded at Midnight and go quick. You may just score something good.:clap:

Bren
3rd September 2008, 22:56
Come on dude, be sensible, we are in a world of political correctness, and wrecklass drinking habits do not go down very well at all.

It will be water or nothing.....:oi-grr:

and you are a thorn in the arse end of the PC Brigade

_Shrek_
14th September 2008, 20:44

the Shrek's, Ruralman & Princess Fiona are booked in to k/cottage :woohoo: we got our beds sorted :ride: :jerry: :drinknsin & :wari:

NighthawkNZ
14th September 2008, 20:54
the Shrek's, Ruralman & Princess Fiona are booked in to k/cottage :woohoo: we got our beds sorted :ride: :jerry: :drinknsin & :wari:

as far as i know we are booked in...

dangerous
14th September 2008, 20:58

Im strugling to get us booked in to a room... they NEVER answer the phone, and emails are confusing, If I dont get a heavily pregnent chick a bed for the night... I might as well not go.

_Shrek_
14th September 2008, 21:10
Im strugling to get us booked in to a room... they NEVER answer the phone, and emails are confusing, If I dont get a heavily pregnent chick a bed for the night... I might as well not go.

hey D this is the number that I've got for the camp 03 4312564 or their E-mail addy DanseysPass@gmail.com

ps Mrs Shrek asked how do you intend to get a heavily pregnent chick down there? side car on the Itai maybe :killingme:

scumdog
14th September 2008, 21:18
Cb and I are booked in - I think.

Our application was faxed, our deposit cheque has been cashed.

But we're not 100% sure if we have a place to stay.

Hey D, ya gonna bring the ass, sheep, big-ass shiney star and three wise-guys for the occassion??

dangerous
14th September 2008, 21:25
hey D this is the number that I've got for the camp 03 4312564 or their E-mail addy DanseysPass@gmail.com

ps Mrs Shrek asked how do you intend to get a heavily pregnent chick down there? side car on the Itai maybe :killingme:

got that info off there web site... and transport is covered :whistle:

Hey D, ya gonna bring the ass, sheep, big-ass shiney star and three wise-guys for the occassion??
WTF...

scumdog
14th September 2008, 21:27
got that info off there web site... and transport is covered :whistle:

WTF...

Meh, it's December, there's no room at the inn, ya got a knocked-up sheila needing somewhere to stay... get the picture??:pinch:

_Shrek_
14th September 2008, 21:29

looks like they will be sleeping in the barn :rolleyes:

oldrider
14th September 2008, 21:47
Mrs Shrek asked how do you get a heavily pregnent chick down there? side car on the BMW maybe :killingme:

So Shrek you and Mrs Shrek have been keeping secrets from us, the poor wee thing, hasn't she done enough of that already? :lol: John.

dangerous
14th September 2008, 21:52
So Shrek you and Mrs Shrek have been keeping secrets from us, the poor wee thing, hasn't she done enough of that already? :lol: John.

hehehe, Im more impressed that Mrs SLR could find the toy shop under that veranda ;)

oldrider
14th September 2008, 22:08
hehehe, Im more impressed that Mrs SLR could find the toy shop under that veranda ;)

Yes, and isn't it interesting that the Goon's film, "The Life of Brian" is going to be rerun as "The Life of D".

Should be a best seller, I hear Peter Jackson is interested! :jerry: I will of course attend the opening gala. :whistle: John.

dangerous
15th September 2008, 06:09
Yes, and isn't it interesting that the Goon's film, "The Life of Brian" is going to be rerun as "The Life of D".

Should be a best seller, I hear Peter Jackson is interested! :jerry: I will of course attend the opening gala. :whistle: John.

HANG ON... thought we were talking about Shrek :chase:

Rashika
15th September 2008, 07:33
Meh, it's December, there's no room at the inn, ya got a knocked-up sheila needing somewhere to stay... get the picture??:pinch:

no, hes a bit slow... :shutup:

he STILL thinks he aint EVER changing a nappy! :rofl:

NighthawkNZ
15th September 2008, 07:57

thats gunna be funny to watch... can build... but changing a nappy there is a challenge :rofl:

oldrider
15th September 2008, 09:39

I'll pass that on to Peter Jackson too, it has great film possibilities as well! :lol: Cheers John.

Daffyd
15th September 2008, 12:09

Can I be the star? Please, please?

If I can't, I'll just have be a wise guy and roll up on my camel with my tent.

oldrider
15th September 2008, 13:55
Can I be the star? Please, please?

If I can't, I'll just have be a wise guy and roll up on my camel with my tent.

I would have thought you to be a dead natural as the "Star of Daffyd" :niceone: John.

dangerous
15th September 2008, 19:02
Look... I aint no 'wise guy' (but I like the Itialian theam) My ass is just fine, the only star around here is me and I aint... I repeat I AINT going near no stinking bloody turban wraped around some sprogs lower torso or Harley if my life depends on it...

right Im glad we got that straight :Punk:

cruza
15th September 2008, 21:00

:rofl: think I lasted about 2wks.........with that way of thinking. Now 13mths later the little fella is pinching tools from my toolbox and crawlin away, rifles going rusty, had to buy a bigger 4wd and bike has layer of dust on it. Still happy as , and kb rally gettin closer:2thumbsup

doc
18th September 2008, 19:56

I'll be one of the Wise men travelling from the north if you want. I'll see if I could find a virgin to bring down for ya. Never realised this was going to be a fancy dress theme type rally .:confused: Heard there weren't many in the Sth now that sheep numbers have dropped. :bleh:

scumdog
18th September 2008, 20:29
Look... I aint no 'wise guy' (but I like the Itialian theam) My ass is just fine, the only star around here is me and I aint... I repeat I AINT going near no stinking bloody turban wraped around some sprogs lower torso or Harley if my life depends on it...

right Im glad we got that straight :Punk:

Pretty brave behind a key-board sonny!!:bleh:

_Shrek_
19th September 2008, 22:20

i'll have you know that it's a front porch not a veranda :bleh: & Mrs Shrek has no trouble finding her toys :blip:

awayatc
19th September 2008, 23:26
It appears I will be able to make it as well....
Looking forward to it,but being new to it all....What am I looking forward to....?
what to expect/what to take along?....

:scooter:

scumdog
20th September 2008, 00:00
I repeat I AINT going near no stinking bloody turban wraped around some sprogs lower torso

:

I BEEN THINKING ABIT THIS ALL WEEK, AND KINDA CANT GET WHERE YOU AT, THIS IS ALL SPYSCHO SHIT. \IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU TOOK RESONsibilty for you initail action. \there is o doubt in my mind that you woud not end up in jail....

Subike
20th September 2008, 00:12
It appears I will be able to make it as well....
Looking forward to it,but being new to it all....What am I looking forward to....?
what to expect/what to take along?....

:scooter:

look forward to meeting a really good bunch of people

expect to go home wanting to do it all again

what to take a long? as much as you can carry and still be legal.

Be prepared for the best weekend you could think of, only one rule applys,
what was it SD?
What happens at a rally stays at a rally.
(unless some wields a vidio camera and posts it in here)

far queue
20th September 2008, 00:21
Called in to the site today (umm, yesterday)to check it out and confirm booking, it looks awesome, the hosts are great and really looking forward to our visit, couldn't be more accomodating if they tried. Should be a great time to be had!

dangerous
20th September 2008, 08:15
I BEEN THINKING ABIT THIS ALL WEEK, AND KINDA CANT GET WHERE YOU AT, THIS IS ALL SPYSCHO SHIT. \IT IS ABOUT TIME THAT YOU TOOK RESONsibilty for you initail action. \there is o doubt in my mind that you woud not end up in jail....

Its midnight... your pissed ya old bastard :woohoo:

idb
20th September 2008, 09:21

I wondered when you drunken bums would fire up the computer!!!

cruza
20th September 2008, 15:12
Anyone taking a car ex chch down? . Maybe gear pool etc. Talking to Mrs cruza ,and she was thinking of coming , possibly drive my 4wd down .We are going to call to the camp in 2 weeks on way back from dunedin and have a look ,does sound like a good spot through. :baby:

dangerous
20th September 2008, 17:02
well... as I duffed the missus and she will be well over weight by the time of the rally, YES there will be a d/c 4x4 ute going so dont pannic people about gears... HGOWEVER a real biker either carries their own shit... OR... they have no shit.:niceone:

cruza
20th September 2008, 20:33
well... as I duffed the missus and she will be well over weight by the time of the rally, YES there will be a d/c 4x4 ute going so dont pannic people about gears... HGOWEVER a real biker either carries their own shit... OR... they have no shit.:niceone:

:not: was thinking more about drinking supplies etc.

Subike
20th September 2008, 20:39
:not: was thinking more about drinking supplies etc.

Was thinkin the same too. but I better be a ""real"" rider and just bring a jug of home brewed fire water.

idb
22nd September 2008, 08:28

Well, that must make you the first one as you're always full of shit!:Pokey:

cruza
22nd September 2008, 19:08
Was thinkin the same too. but I better be a ""real"" rider and just bring a jug of home brewed fire water.

Geez man , you just better stick to the "light" stuff you were sipping last year , hate to see you really sloshed:laugh:

dangerous
22nd September 2008, 20:47
Well, that must make you the first one as you're always full of shit!:Pokey:

And you got rep for that one liner :clap:

T.W.R
22nd September 2008, 20:56
Hey people, we have a cabin with a spear room in it with 3 beds, any one want em at a reasonble price?

All sorted this end :niceone: but if you're heading down Friday I could have a fragile item for you to look after though, seeing you're going to be transporting another one also :baby:

98tls
22nd September 2008, 20:56
YES there will be a d/c 4x4 ute going :doh:So you are taking her on the back of the Guzzi then.

helenoftroy
22nd September 2008, 21:06
Hey people, we have a cabin with a spear room in it with 3 beds, any one want em at a reasonble price?
Is there still a bed available?? cause yes please if im allowed??......:devil2:

_Shrek_
22nd September 2008, 21:09
:doh:So you are taking her on the back of the Guzzi then.

:killingme bling for you man

_Shrek_
22nd September 2008, 21:21
Is there still a bed available?? cause yes please if im allowed??......:devil2:

sure if you want, but you'll have to be our maid :shifty:

Clairsky
22nd September 2008, 21:44

Loved to but can't commit this far out. Bit close to Xmas with kids and all. Might have to be one of those last minute people with my tent. Unless you stay out too long and I pinch yours! You wouldn't mind would you? I'm sure G and I could yap away a few hours.

Rashika
23rd September 2008, 11:31
Loved to but can't commit this far out. Bit close to Xmas with kids and all. Might have to be one of those last minute people with my tent. Unless you stay out too long and I pinch yours! You wouldn't mind would you? I'm sure G and I could yap away a few hours.

I wouldn't mind at all chicky, it would be great to see you, and a nice excuse to pop away from the kids overnight!!

...and nice to see posting on here at last!

_Shrek_
23rd September 2008, 21:11
Loved to but can't commit this far out. Bit close to Xmas with kids and all.

thats fine bring the kids it will be good practice for D & he can take them swiming, bike riding etc & even change their nappys if needed :rofl:

dangerous
23rd September 2008, 21:13
thats fine bring the kids it will be good practice for D & he can take them swiming, bike riding etc & even change their nappys if needed :rofl:

I dont think a teenage girl will want me changing her nappys :niceone:

98tls
23rd September 2008, 21:16
What chance of getting it right D,fuck me your bikes motor faces the wrong way.:niceone:

dangerous
24th September 2008, 06:29
,fuck me... your bikes motor faces the wrong way.:niceone:

1st... best offer I have had so far this week mate :niceone:
2nd.. tell that to Chev, Ford, RR, ferrei, TVR... shit emagin if the P51 had a V16 wired up the same way as your mass produced jappa :banana:

JATZ
24th September 2008, 20:43
Whats the chances of finding a tent space if we just rock up on the day, I don't want to book anything as it's.............

McJim
24th September 2008, 20:54
Whats the chances of finding a tent space if we just rock up on the day, I don't want to book anything as it's.............

That's cool apparently. I asked that question earlier on in the thread and was told "salright":2thumbsup:

far queue
24th September 2008, 22:00
Whats the chances of finding a tent space if we just rock up on the day, I don't want to book anything as it's.............I don't see it being a problem, there's tons of space there and the hosts are very friendly and accommodating.

JATZ
24th September 2008, 22:06
I don't see it being a problem, there's tons of space there and the hosts are very friendly and accommodating.

:woohoo: I don't have to worry about that then, might be able to sleep tonight.

T.W.R
28th September 2008, 21:22
So who is making their way there on the Friday ??

_Shrek_
28th September 2008, 21:28

me thinks there will be a fairly good number going down Friday :wari:

Subike
28th September 2008, 21:30
Me on friday

T.W.R
28th September 2008, 21:35
I'm heading away from home early on the Friday so I can have a decent crack at the river :shifty: scout it out & hopefully pick-off one or two of the resident trout on the evening rise.

FJRider
28th September 2008, 21:41

The Duntroon pub on the Waitaki "highway", will have all necessary "supplies" for the motorcycling attenders. 15 km's from Danseys Pass camp. Methinks, will be a busy place on the friday night...

Subike
28th September 2008, 21:46
The Duntroon pub on the Waitaki "highway", will have all necessary "supplies" for the motorcycling attenders. 15 km's from Danseys Pass camp. Methinks, will be a busy place on the friday night...

15K's sweet can walk that easy.

FJRider
28th September 2008, 21:53
15K's sweet can walk that easy.

Me also thinks the pub will run a "courtesy" coach, due to increase in business that weekend. May inquire on my next voyage down that way. Or... Oldrider may inquire on our behalf... Walking takes up too much drinking / sleeping time. Us older ones need our sleep... Don't know about you, but I get enough exercise at work.

Mr Triple
29th September 2008, 15:53
I've taken the Friday off work so I'll be heading down. Hmm 15ks that's not bad, but stuff walking. :Punk:

geoffc
29th September 2008, 16:05
Hi all. I plan to be there. Looking forward to the weekend. Can bring a tent if there is no cabin space available. I have never heard myself snore if that's an issue. Cheers. :niceone:

T.W.R
29th September 2008, 19:36
Me also thinks the pub will run a "courtesy" coach, due to increase in business that weekend.

That's an interesting prospect, at Otematata Oldrider had a courtesy drinks delivery vehicle :niceone: but with what he's done in the past he deserves to relax & enjoy so if the pub has a coach then enquire wholeheartedly.

I've taken the Friday off work so I'll be heading down. Hmm 15ks that's not bad, but stuff walking. :Punk:

couple of hours would do you good :laugh: just enough to build up a thirst :drinkup:

I have never heard myself snore if that's an issue. Cheers. :niceone:

riverside location :sleep: :eek:

_Shrek_
29th September 2008, 20:37

:eek5: you walking I'd say more like waddling :killingme

Hi all. I plan to be there. Looking forward to the weekend. Can bring a tent if there is no cabin space available. I have never heard myself snore if that's an issue. Cheers. :niceone:

be great to have you there :shifty: "fresh meat" & don't worry about if you snore some of the girls that are going would make you sound like a beginer :whistle:

NighthawkNZ
29th September 2008, 20:48
don't worry about if you snore some of the girls that are going would make you sound like a beginer :whistle:

Tis alright Geoff you got nothing on Shrek... :D

XF650
30th September 2008, 08:21
Checking interest for some "alternative" routes, based around the Rally for Adv bikes. Could include the obvious options of the gravel Passes, Black Forest Rd, Omarama Saddle, Thompsons Track, Dunstan Trail, Serpentine Rd etc. Plus also looking at a couple of options via paper roads & farm tracks, that could get us into the Dansey's Camp the "back way".
If enough interest we could start a seperate thread / topic?

JATZ
30th September 2008, 17:01
Checking interest for some "alternative" routes, based around the Rally for Adv bikes. Could include the obvious options of the gravel Passes, Black Forest Rd, Omarama Saddle, Thompsons Track, Dunstan Trail, Serpentine Rd etc. Plus also looking at a couple of options via paper roads & farm tracks, that could get us into the Dansey's Camp the "back way".

Yah I'd be keen, just have to organize to get the friday off work.

timg
30th September 2008, 19:26

Hiya mate, always keen but I'm hoping the Hobbit Queen will be making her way on one of the hobbit bikes :Punk: so it'll be a slow and careful adventure down on the Friday for us. If she's not riding her bike she'll be on the back of the pack mule, either of which will rule us out of anything too adventurous. Cheers.

far queue
30th September 2008, 20:18
I've taken the Friday off work so I'll be heading down. Hmm 15ks that's not bad, but stuff walking. :Punk:I'll be taking the Friday off to head down too, if you 2 are interested in meeting up for the ride down? Though it's a while off yet, so we can sort out details later :confused:

Checking interest for some "alternative" routes, based around the Rally for Adv bikes.Thanks for the offer, but I've decided I'll take the Duc to this one.

helenoftroy
1st October 2008, 16:20
Checking interest for some "alternative" routes, based around the Rally for Adv bikes

Friday for me and will be on the gorgeous Duc :love::love::love:

T.W.R
1st October 2008, 17:04
I'll be taking the Friday off to head down too, if you 2 are interested in meeting up for the ride down? Though it's a while off yet, so we can sort out details later :confused:

but I've decided I'll take the Duc to this one.

Friday for me and will be on the gorgeous Duc :love::love::love:

:shit: hey the Duc season is over :laugh::dodge:

I'll be heading down early :yes: . Wanting to have decent play on the wee Otago Fisherman's 'El Dorado', the river that the Hoilday park backs on to is a jewel for big trout:blip:

timg
1st October 2008, 18:43

Nah, the toilet duc is always fair game :killingme

Winston001
1st October 2008, 23:23
So where is this camp ground youse jokers? I've stayed at Campbell Park which is just off the main highway to Duntroon. Can't remember any camping ground around there but must be something.

helenoftroy
2nd October 2008, 12:58

Nah, the toilet duc is always fair game :killingme

Cheeky beasts!!you'll keep!!:spanking:

Daffyd
2nd October 2008, 13:59
So where is this camp ground youse jokers? I've stayed at Campbell Park which is just off the main highway to Duntroon. Can't remember any camping ground around there but must be something.

On the Dansey's Pass Road.
Turn off at Pukeuri towards Kurow, left again 35kms in at Duntroon.
Another 15km to site. E&OE :devil2:

NighthawkNZ
2nd October 2008, 14:22
Cheeky beasts!!you'll keep!!:spanking:

yeah maybe... but admit it... yah luv it ;)

helenoftroy
2nd October 2008, 14:52
yeah maybe... but admit it... yah luv it ;)

To you!!the Cheekiest of them all -I admit no such thing !!:msn-wink::bleh::devil2:

NighthawkNZ
2nd October 2008, 15:09
To you!!the Cheekiest of them all -I admit no such thing !!:msn-wink::bleh::devil2:

I believe you :D

far queue
2nd October 2008, 19:05
Cheeky beasts!!you'll keep!!:spanking:Ignore them, they're just jealous :mellow:

_Shrek_
2nd October 2008, 20:42
Mrs shrek & I are leaving on Friday, going over the black forest etc for a romantic :ride: for two :drool:

98tls
2nd October 2008, 20:45
Mrs shrek & I are leaving on Friday, going over the black forest etc for a romantic :ride: for two :drool: Only way that would be romantic for your better 1/2 is if its "the dark forest".:pinch:

McJim
2nd October 2008, 20:45
Mrs shrek & I are leaving on Friday, going over the black forest etc for a romantic :ride: for two :drool:

Crikey - that's very romantic - Friday is tomorrow and the rally isn't until December :gob: :rofl:

98tls
2nd October 2008, 20:49
Crikey - that's very romantic - Friday is tomorrow and the rally isn't until December :gob: :rofl: I can remember that stupid southern fucker that was posting up about "it pissing down and bugger it will just have to put up with it" when leaving for the first KB get-together,problem was he was about 2 weeks early.:apint::cool:

T.W.R
2nd October 2008, 20:56
I can remember that stupid southern fucker that was posting up about "it pissing down and bugger it will just have to put up with it" when leaving for the first KB get-together,problem was he was about 2 weeks early.:apint::cool:

:laugh: He sure made up for it at the gathering though :clap: you do such an impressive job of making yourself look horribly ill :nya:

far queue
2nd October 2008, 21:28
Mrs shrek & I are leaving on Friday, going over the black forest etc for a romantic :ride: for two :drool:Really? You have a funny idea of romance! Remember this ...
… headed off to the black forest just before the home stead i sore the lake just over the brow of the hill & in my head was going, brow lake brow lake then :shit: the road turns to the left, full lock up one then the other off the road thinking this could hurt, but stayed up right after sucking the seat up…

_Shrek_
2nd October 2008, 21:56
Crikey - that's very romantic - Friday is tomorrow and the rally isn't until December :gob: :rofl:

we taken the long way round :devil2:

Only way that would be romantic for your better 1/2 is if its "the dark forest".:pinch:

I :love: u 2 :kick:

Really? You have a funny idea of romance! Remember this ...

thanks mate can feel the love :whistle:

Winston001
3rd October 2008, 22:25
On the Dansey's Pass Road.
Turn off at Pukeuri towards Kurow, left again 35kms in at Duntroon.
Another 15km to site. E&OE :devil2:

Thanks Dafyd although that is kinda the long way around. I was planning on going over the Danseys Pass which should be ok provided the Duke isn't asked to complete any 180 turns. :D

FJRider
4th October 2008, 15:51
Thanks Dafyd although that is kinda the long way around. I was planning on going over the Danseys Pass which should be ok provided the Duke isn't asked to complete any 180 turns. :D

There is only a couple of 180 turns... a couple of 270's, quite a few 90's, and then quite a few more.

Only 50 km's of gravel... 30 either uphill or downhill...

Daffyd
4th October 2008, 16:44
I think I'll stick to the long way round.