PDA

View Full Version : 2009 V-Max

Goonrider
5th June 2008, 09:19
New Vmax was launched today. Real good vids on www.yamaha-motor.com then go to star motorcycles. 200hp V4 Cool.

FkNAmerican
5th June 2008, 13:58
For some reason I just LOVE the look of the new V-max. Not the right bike for me at this point in my life.....but if I had the money for three bikes at a time....that beast would be one of them.

fatzx10r
5th June 2008, 15:20
thats a mean looking machine, wounder if it will be a real handfull like the original with the vboost. fun bikes they were:crazy:

FilthyLuka
5th June 2008, 15:23
hmm, chain AND gear driven cams... why?

nudemetalz
5th June 2008, 15:32
Looks a bit overstyled IMO. Too much bling. The old one had a lean look about it which is nicer.
However,...wouldn't mind a ride on it.... :msn-wink:

Pwalo
5th June 2008, 15:45
I think Yam were a bit stymied in their timing with the intoduction of the Suzuki B King.

That said I reckon the V Max is pretty damn fugly. As has been said it just looks too over styled, almost like one of those monstrosities from an American bike show. I know it's a personal thing but I prefer my bikes to have simpler lines.

Hillbilly
5th June 2008, 15:54
I like the looks of the B-King better than the new V-Max, which looks like this:

imdying
5th June 2008, 16:14

Don't know... the TL/SV motor is the same.

yod
5th June 2008, 16:18
looking a bit too cruiser-ish for me, but that V4's gotta sound mint

NZsarge
5th June 2008, 16:59
Hmm, $18k usd...
I like it but it's not as hot as the original concept bike that's been doing the rounds for the past 2 or 3 years.

Trouser
5th June 2008, 19:17
Don't know... the TL/SV motor is the same.

To make the motor ever so slightly narrower. Instead of having to have clearance for a chain down both sides of each head it is only on one side of each head.

alanzs
5th June 2008, 20:20
Looks pretty hot. It looks like it has rocket launchers on it! "GET OUTTA MY WAY MOFO, BOOM, BOOM, BOOM!!!!" I like it.... :2guns:

Coyote
5th June 2008, 20:50
Gear driven cams are awesome! Love the whirr they make. If it wasn't for the limited choice, I wouldn't get a bike without them.

AllanB
5th June 2008, 21:00
Looks like a big fat American lard-arse and it weighs over 300kgs :angry2:

And the seat - good grief my couch is not that deep!

I don't see this as a update - its a poor rehash.

Me, I'd rather see a stripped down long and lean drag style bike as this is the essence of the V-Max - straight line acceleration:gob:

Left me a bit limp.

On the positive side that is one very cool website. :rockon:

alanzs
5th June 2008, 21:18
Looks like a big fat American lard-arse and it weighs over 300kgs :angry2:

And the seat - good grief my couch is not that deep!

I don't see this as a update - its a poor rehash.

Me, I'd rather see a stripped down long and lean drag style bike as this is the essence of the V-Max - straight line acceleration:gob:

Left me a bit limp.

On the positive side that is one very cool website. :rockon:

Always remember, fat lard-arse pillion riders are where many a young american and kiwi male learnt how to get their mojo really rocking! :devil2:

It is a cool website though. I have to laugh at the at the place where it says you can get a "personalized bike." Personalized for you and the other 30 million people in the US... So, personal....:rolleyes:

Give me rocket launchers and 50 caliber machine guns!!!!

Hitcher
5th June 2008, 22:31
http://www.motorcycledaily.com/04june08_star2009vmax_p1.htm

marioc
6th June 2008, 08:14
Man I like that new MT-01

NZsarge
6th June 2008, 08:18
I don't like the tacho hangin' out in the breeze like that...

imdying
6th June 2008, 10:54
Would have it over a BKing, that's for sure.

Hitcher
6th June 2008, 10:56
And surely it's not a "cruiser"?

imdying
6th June 2008, 11:13
Heh, I do love how there's a thread in Cruisers and in Sportsbikes... that's got the modding team fucked :D

/edit: I'm thinking more drag racer than cruiser though

munterk6
7th June 2008, 23:04
where do I sign?