PDA

View Full Version : Hey there (portokiwi)

portokiwi
5th June 2008, 09:42
Hi there, I own a ZX9R, i have had many bikes in the past but was hit by a drunk driver a few years back that out me off bikes.
Soo I am just getting back into it.
Yes I am a slow rider at the moment lol.
Is there any motorcycle clubs here in Auckland that take on slow riders like me????
Feels great to be back in New Zealand though.:shifty:

rachprice
5th June 2008, 10:08
Jesus dude hope the damage wasn't too severe, dam drunkards!!!!! Solid effort for getting back on!:rockon:

tide
5th June 2008, 10:18
Welcome to KB and back to riding...

for rides... keep an eye open in the calendar...

as for speed... most rides will cater for the slow to medium paced person and if not it is usually stated that it will be a quick ride...

portokiwi
5th June 2008, 10:36
I have had two crashes, Both were in Christchurch and both drink drivers.... DONT want a 3rd.
first one. I was sitting at the lights with a bag full of fish & chips on my GS 550ESD was hit by a drunk driver being chased by a police car, (my luck) saved the fisf & chips but not the bike.
Second one was going to work (both times at night) on my Z1000 was hit by drunk taxi driver he went through a stop sign.
cant wait to meet other riders as we moved here 6 months ago still havent meet anyone. brought the ZX last week.
Few scrapes on it from old owner proberly why I got it cheap lol. (looks like he droped it)
Wish I was a foot taller so I can touch the ground :doh:

Chrislost
5th June 2008, 10:55
Hi there, I own a ZX9R, i have had many bikes in the past but was hit by a drunk driver a few years back that out me off bikes.
Soo I am just getting back into it.
Yes I am a slow rider at the moment lol.
Is there any motorcycle clubs here in Auckland that take on slow riders like me????
Feels great to be back in New Zealand though.:shifty:

Hay is for horses dude

gmh
5th June 2008, 14:16
Hi There

Welcome back to biking. About 5 of us go riding most weekends if the weekend is not to bad. The guys are really friendly and we will accomodate any pace rider. If you like to meet up on our next ride, i will send you a message.

Cheers

portokiwi
5th June 2008, 14:18
Great Thanks.:first:

Pussy
5th June 2008, 16:22
Welcome to KB and back to motorcycling :yes:

alanzs
5th June 2008, 22:05
Hi There

Welcome back to biking. About 5 of us go riding most weekends if the weekend is not to bad. The guys are really friendly and we will accomodate any pace rider. If you like to meet up on our next ride, i will send you a message.

Cheers
I'm out Howick way. I'd be interested in joining you as well. If you could pm me, I'd appreciate it... :yes:
Cheers

CookMySock
6th June 2008, 08:41
Welcome back, moite.

Well, thats your two crashes. - It is statistically unlikely you have a third, unless you are one of these people are "statistically likely" to have a crash, which you aint. :rockon:

You will meet lotsa great folks here.

Steve

gmh
6th June 2008, 12:29
I'm out Howick way. I'd be interested in joining you as well. If you could pm me, I'd appreciate it... :yes:
Cheers

Hey there

No problem, i am in Panmure so just around the corner from you. Will keep you posted.
Cheers

Swoop
9th June 2008, 21:53
Welcome to KB! :ride:

Hay is for horses dude
Perhaps this is why it has been spelt "hey"?