PDA

View Full Version : Fairing repair ZZR 250

Hove
7th June 2008, 18:26
I am rebuilding a Kawasaki ZZR 250 and need to repair the fairing what is the best method of repair ? I am also looking for a rH front indicator.:

Blossom
7th June 2008, 18:32
depends what your skills are i spose.......some places have flash plastic welding machine things which might be ok for some work.

I had a fj1100 fairing repaired by a normal panelbeater once....he just bogged, sanded and repainted and it looked like new and it was cheap.

or if its really bad maybe make complete new parts from fibreglass or similar....just need to be able to take a
mould first.

really depends on extent of damage .............

blossomsowner
7th June 2008, 18:34
whoops..............the reply above was from me..........seems my wife had logged in before i noticed

Hove
7th June 2008, 18:48
Thanks . I see you own a RF900 as well and have had some issue ,Hows it going now .
I had some issues with a flat spot at about 2800rpm.

fLaThEaD FreD
8th June 2008, 09:36
See Bryan at Carbon Fibre Design.He's in Pukekohe.:beer:

depends what your skills are i spose.......some places have flash plastic welding machine things which might be ok for some work.

I had a fj1100 fairing repaired by a normal panelbeater once....he just bogged, sanded and repainted and it looked like new and it was cheap.

or if its really bad maybe make complete new parts from fibreglass or similar....just need to be able to take a
mould first.

really depends on extent of damage .............

Gremlin
8th June 2008, 16:17
Fairing: not sure which one is damaged? Depends how much you want to pay etc. Reflections (http://www.reflectionsmc.co.nz) in Auckland does a fantastic job, but it costs. Plenty of guys on here can do plastic welding as well... can't remember particular ones off hand. Don't know if Just Fairings in Hamilton are still operating, they could be a very good bet too (got a top fairing from them)

Indicator: In short: Don't bother looking for a 2nd hand one. They are as rare as anything, because they are normally the first thing damaged in an accident. I assume this is the one integrated into the fairing (some models had stalks). Costs around $70-$75 brand new each from memory (I went through one each side)

Hove
8th June 2008, 19:11
Thanks for the info . I will try plastic welders first .
Where did you get the indicators from , they want $115 each in Hamilton.

cheers

Gremlin
8th June 2008, 19:26
Bought them from Mt Eden Motorcycles in Auckland

This was a while ago (2+ years), so its possible prices have gone up, but you could always phone them (or email) to check their price?

Ph is 09 303 1960, email is ... parts at mtedenmotorcycles.co.nz I believe (but its a guess)

moT
9th June 2008, 13:38
i will charge you for the materials and i will charge half the labour chrage for your best quote and i will fix it with fibreglass

Spindizzy
14th July 2008, 16:26
I'm just fixing my fairing by DIY. I've used ABS welding rod and a common electrical welder.

hayd3n
16th July 2008, 19:58
I'm just fixing my fairing by DIY. I've used ABS welding rod and a common electrical welder.

you got a bit of work to do there mate good luck