PDA

View Full Version : Suzuki S83 feedback please.

1 Free Man
7th June 2008, 20:34
hey everybody.
Went over to the local Suzuki dealers today and did a stupid thing. :argh:I looked on the showroom floor!!
They have a beaut Cherry red S83 Boulevard on the floor. I'm riding a VL 250 intruder and having heaps of fun but, as I knew would happen, I am looking to upgrade in the not to distant future. Up to today I had a C50T clearly in my sights but after having seen the S83 I think I am smitten.
Anybody out there riding an S83 if so how do you like it? what were you riding before the S83? Any regrets?
I would really appreciate some feedback.:2thumbsup

rocketman1
11th June 2008, 20:48
I took one for a test ride about a year back, They are a great looking bike in my opinion they are one of the best looking cruisers,
They are very easy to ride and have a typical heavy twin throb and feel to them, as well as feeing reasonably light to handle.
They have a lot of engine braking when you button off the throttle, but I believe that is typical of all big 1400cc sized V twins
I felt comfortable riding it, and the handling was positive, didnt feel as loose on the corners as the Softail Harley I have since ridden.
The S83 had the typical Suzuki gear box, no noise, changes gear beautifully,
I was impressed with the finish, not too much plastic.
Performance wise they go OK as far cruisers go, Im not one to rave about cruisers speed, as I own a 1000 sport bike, & there in no comparison, but for a long cruisy trip on a warm Sunday afternoon, the S83 would be just magic !!
Hell? I have almost talked myself into looking at one again

1 Free Man
11th June 2008, 22:56
I took one for a test ride about a year back, They are a great looking bike in my opinion they are one of the best looking cruisers,
They are very easy to ride and have a typical heavy twin throb and feel to them, as well as feeing reasonably light to handle.
They have a lot of engine braking when you button off the throttle, but I believe that is typical of all big 1400cc sized V twins
I felt comfortable riding it, and the handling was positive, didnt feel as loose on the corners as the Softail Harley I have since ridden.
The S83 had the typical Suzuki gear box, no noise, changes gear beautifully,
I was impressed with the finish, not too much plastic.
Performance wise they go OK as far cruisers go, Im not one to rave about cruisers speed, as I own a 1000 sport bike, & there in no comparison, but for a long cruisy trip on a warm Sunday afternoon, the S83 would be just magic !!
Hell? I have almost talked myself into looking at one again
Hey Rocketman1
I'M SOLD!!!! I'll get them to send your commision. All jokes aside thanks for your feedback.
sadly I have to bide my time for a while yet but I now know where I'm going after I grow out of the 250. Save up the spondoolies and buy it for myself for Xmas. :niceone:

Gizzit
13th January 2009, 19:47
hey everybody.
Went over to the local Suzuki dealers today and did a stupid thing. :argh:I looked on the showroom floor!!
They have a beaut Cherry red S83 Boulevard on the floor. I'm riding a VL 250 intruder and having heaps of fun but, as I knew would happen, I am looking to upgrade in the not to distant future. Up to today I had a C50T clearly in my sights but after having seen the S83 I think I am smitten.
Anybody out there riding an S83 if so how do you like it? what were you riding before the S83? Any regrets?
I would really appreciate some feedback.:2thumbsup

Well ..... what happened ?? Did you end up getting an S83 ?? :whistle: