PDA

View Full Version : Battle of the Buckets photos for sale

Racing Dave
8th June 2008, 20:02
Hi all you bucketeers who took part in yesterday's Battle.

As some of you may know, I'm writing an article about the day for Kiwi Rider magazine, and a select few of you will feature artistically in said article, in due course. My mate Jeremy Ballagh was taking photos during the morning (none available for the endurance race, due to the appalling weather), and asked me to let you know that he has a number of photos that you may like to buy from him.

Here's the deal; contact him by email if your race number is below, he'll send you a low res copy of any pictures you're in, and if you want to buy a hi res copy send him a fiver and he'll send the photo. All pretty easy, really. His address is: jimmyandliz@xtra.co.nz

Of course, it's not quite that easy, some of the numbers are doubled up on some bikes, so you may get photos that aren't you, but that's OK, I'm sure you can tell the difference! No offence will be taken if you don't want a hi res copy.

In no particular order:
7, 117, 8, 981, DD, 3, 24, 11, 77, 201, 202, 57, 33, 42, 68, 91, 13, 10 (nice sparks!), 27, 11, 7, 12, 6, 24, 74, 79, 60, 5, 71, 67, 31, 12, 81, 18, 27, 25.

Congrats to all those who took part, and especially to the endurance finishers. Also, well done to those who chose to withdraw in the freezing temps, it's a wise bucketeer who knows his limitations.

Cheers, Dave Britten

Trudes
8th June 2008, 20:13
Awesome thanks, e-mail sent.:niceone:

F5 Dave
9th June 2008, 17:24
Cheers Dave, good to see you again after all these years, hope you enjoyed your ride on that pristine Honda.

If the write up makes it to print would be good to let everyone know so we can go buy a copy. (I've sent an email as would like some pics). Don't think my name was spelt right on club info as my certificate came back as Dave Tristan or something odd.:lol:

Racing Dave
10th June 2008, 20:50
Hi Dave,

I'll certainly post a thread to let you all know when the article in Kiwi Rider is published. It definitely won't be in the July issue, as that's at the printer's now, on sale approx June 20. Sometimes I know ahead of publication which of my stories will be in the relevant issue, and if so I'll post a warning!

It's always good to see a familiar face at an event, even if during the race itself all I saw was you vanishing into the distance. Fast bike, ridden well!

A message to you from Jeremy, he hasn't received an email from you regarding photos, so if you've sent one, please resend. Can't trust computers, they're as reliable as a two-stroke engine!

Cheers,
Dave Britten

Skunk
10th June 2008, 21:10
I hope he got mine then...

Racing Dave
11th June 2008, 11:01
Hi Skunk, and any others who have not hade a reply from Jeremy.

He has replied to all messages at 7 pm last night (Tuesday), and has not received any more since then.

Therefore, if that's you, send me a Private Message with your email address, and I'll get Jeremy to contact you, and hopefully that will work. There's no logical reason we can think of for his address (which is correct) not to work.

Cheers,
Dave B

Skunk
11th June 2008, 11:08
I got a reply this morning...

Just like the lap scorers (poor buggers) he's got me confused with 241, which on seeing the low-res pics I'm not surprised about at all...

Maybe scrutineering should enforce the rules regarding number boards. Even my front one isn't right.

gav
11th June 2008, 18:41
Yeah, problem is guys who enter on the day, like the bike pictured. But yeah, maybe scrutineering should be a lot tougher on the numbers displayed?

F5 Dave
12th June 2008, 09:11
Strange I still haven't gotten a reply. Maybe I'm just too plain ugly in photos:confused:

Ballaj
12th June 2008, 11:16
Jeremy the photographer here.

I finally got registered so I can answer directly instead of going through Racing Dave.

F5 Dave, I have sent photos off to you this morning. Sorry about the delay.

I am sorry to skunk for misreading number in the photos. I dont seem to have any more of your actual number i am afraid.

F5 Dave
12th June 2008, 12:15
Hey some of these are pretty good, you should do this for a living:innocent:

I'll send you an email, might as well grab them all.

Pity they would have looked better if I wasn't wearing that Yellow T shirt, but never-mind there was a reason so that is cool.

Incidentally that T shirt is now with our kind benefactors (Darbi) rips & all & I have a snazzy cap & chain lube prize for the most totalled shirt.

Thanks guys!