PDA

View Full Version : Biker clocks up 200,000 on same bike

Bob
10th June 2008, 00:21
When Andrew White passed his test in 1981 at the age of 17, he purchased a BMW R65. 27 years and 200,000 miles later, the pair are still together!

Mr White, 45, of Scarborough, UK, celebrated the milestone with a road trip to Jelgava in Latvia. Mr White said " That bike has given me everything and owes me nothing. I paid £2200 for it in 1981 which was a lot of money at the time. However if it blows up tomorrow it's fair to say I have got my moneys worth. Obviously I have had to have general maintenance done, but really it has been phenomenal."

"I really enjoyed the trip. It was interesting going into that area of the world and learning about its history. While I was there I visited a family in Latvia that I knew, they were very kind and hospitable.”

xwhatsit
10th June 2008, 02:01
Heh, I'm sure a bunch of other BMW twin owners will come forward and offer similar mileage figures :D

Good on him. Hope to do the same with my wee RS, although I don't think the engine wot's in it now will even live out its first century. Never mind! Grandfather's axe, she is!

scorry
10th June 2008, 07:47
Very impressive, well done. :clap:
Just wondering if you had to do any engine work?

Eddieb
10th June 2008, 09:09
Heh, I'm sure a bunch of other BMW twin owners will come forward and offer similar mileage figures :D

:) Acording to carfax.co.nz my R80G/S is coming up on 250,000km's. As i've only had the bike about 8 months I have no idea what work has been done on it in the past, however my first R80G/S had also done similiar mileage when I owned it about 8 years ago. I've seen that one for sale a few times since as well and suspect it's gone around the clock at least once again.