PDA

View Full Version : El presidente's word, BOB 08

dangerous
13th June 2008, 17:26
El presidente's word BMRC

Well just in from packing the bikes up once again ready to head south to teratonga for rnd2 of the s/i cup, so after a week I am finely sitting down, well till tomorow

Thanks to all those that attended the BOB from the locals to the welly crew and also those that helped us make it possible to run like the flaggies etc.

Well... yes it is a mission organising a meet like the BOB from legal shit to keeping the riders happy, I was glad to see the day arive.
After a few drinks on the BOB eve with those that travelled down from that other island the head was kinda doing ok so out to the track and set up.
Time flew by and we were already behind in time, practice went ok for me as did race . I just wasnt in the zone to race with not having time to psyc up and Oyster pushing his luck, again... and sorting out every ones issues.

The 1hr endurance race was up and I just wanted to get into it, 1 lap warm up as usual and then we grid up.
I was mid pack of 47 bikes, so all I could see of the race starter was a arm in the air which was lowered and the pack let rip with a hiss and a roar. MINT we were doing it I hammeresd the poor CB125T around a few on the kink hauled arse past more down the straight thinking the CB was hauling bloody well, either that or the rest were taking it slowly (no chance of that this was bucket racing)
Came up on the hairipin and decide as it was rather crowded to take a different line and whip round the out side of several bikes. Fuck I was moving take that ya suckers... THUMP...

Hmmm, ok screwed that up! What was I thinking, it wasnt the last lap on a dry track with warm tyres... ohh well grabbed the disconnected tank and the still running bike and hobbled over to the tyre wall.
Re fit the now quick release tank, checked all other important things like leavers, bar ends brakes etc, then Buddha and Rashika came over... what were they doing I yelled I'm sweet, fuk off and race, jumped on the bike and hit the track re-entering the race... errr track seemed a tad empty, ahh well gave it shit and was coming up on the sweeper looked past the corner and seen every one on the dummy grid WTF... sht race was red flaged, well so I thought but it turns out the race never started and in fact I arsed up on the 2nd warm up lap DOH.

So, the 1hr was re-started and I played it a bit tamer finishing with 22 others out of 47, good shit.
And that was my day, we were rained off and I was somewhat in pain from the cold, stressing and binning... home for a shower and several beers with the welly mob.

cheers all :)

Skunk
13th June 2008, 18:36
I was just getting into reading that when it finished...

gav
13th June 2008, 18:47
I think some else has written it or its been translated from Dangerese into English!

Trudes
13th June 2008, 19:37

ha! same....:bleh:
:niceone: D.

dangerous
13th June 2008, 19:38
I think some else has written it or its been translated from Dangerese into English!

On very rear ocasions, I use the local in house spell check... Rashika :sweatdrop

ha! same....:bleh:
:niceone: D.

Well... I cant remember anymore, apart from being laped by the missus :whistle:

koba
15th June 2008, 22:00
Cheers to you, good shit it was a great day out. I'm still fizzing.