PDA

View Full Version : ZXR250 owners, lend me your eyes!!

crashalots
16th June 2008, 08:41
Hello all. I currently have my 250 in pieces, which in itself would be no problem for me, if it wasnt riddled with problems caused by a DIY disaster mechanic :spanking: who owned it before me! Ok so here's my request: Could someone please tell me which carburetor the choke cable mount is screwed to? Mine is screwed to the right of the #2 carb, but at shortest cable adjust the choke is slighty on still, meaning the bike chugs rich. The only thing is, it looks right, but cant be sure what the previous owner may have assembled wrong here and the manual doesnt specify.

Thanks for your help in advance!! :niceone:

Wheeliemonsta
16th June 2008, 09:10
Hello all. I currently have my 250 in pieces, which in itself would be no problem for me, if it wasnt riddled with problems caused by a DIY disaster mechanic :spanking: who owned it before me! Ok so here's my request: Could someone please tell me which carburetor the choke cable mount is screwed to? Mine is screwed to the right of the #2 carb, but at shortest cable adjust the choke is slighty on still, meaning the bike chugs rich. The only thing is, it looks right, but cant be sure what the previous owner may have assembled wrong here and the manual doesnt specify.

Thanks for your help in advance!! :niceone:

Gidday Crashalots,
The attached may be of some help - p.d.f is veiwed as the carbs are fitted to the bike...

I'm picking the bit you are trying to locate a home for will be (ref 13183 B) 13183-1500 which mounts on # 3 carb when veiwed from the parts diagram...

Cheers

:rockon:

Strang0r
16th June 2008, 11:10
That looks like a nice clear manual.... if only it was in english...

crashalots
16th June 2008, 11:10
Gidday Crashalots,
The attached may be of some help - p.d.f is veiwed as the carbs are fitted to the bike...

I'm picking the bit you are trying to locate a home for will be (ref 13183 B) 13183-1500 which mounts on # 3 carb when veiwed from the parts diagram...

Cheers

Cheers for that! I actually have that diagram but the resolution is so crap that you couldnt even make that part out! :Oops:

Do you have everything on pdf? Any chance you could swing me the folder? :yes:

Strang0r
16th June 2008, 11:22

Me too if possible... I Think I have the same low quality version as crashalots

Wheeliemonsta
16th June 2008, 11:23
Cheers for that! I actually have that diagram but the resolution is so crap that you couldnt even make that part out! :Oops:

It's a bloody huge file (5 mb +) ping me a pm with an e-mail address & I'll see what I can do

Cheers

crashalots
17th June 2008, 00:07
Awesome! So now I have a manual and parts list for my bike. Comes in more handy than you'd think! Anyone who wants these items (cos it took me a long while to find both) just send me a PM with your email and ill throw them your way. ZXR 250 C only though... Sorry if you're in the a team! :2thumbsup

FROSTY
17th June 2008, 12:06
So where did you find this little gem?
Have you checked your cable routing?

Brett
17th June 2008, 12:35
If ur able to come pic up a copy from me, I have the complete workshop manual on CD. Ur welcome to a copy.

Max Preload
18th June 2008, 15:29
It's a bloody huge file (5 mb +) ping me a pm with an e-mail address & I'll see what I can do

Which is it - 5MB or bloody huge?

So where did you find this little gem?
Have you checked your cable routing?

Have you also checked for the presence of an adjuster mid length in the cable outer? All 3 cables (throttle & return and choke) on my ZZR have adjusters.