PDA

View Full Version : Todays Factoid

StoneChucker
4th January 2005, 16:04
Has anyone noticed that on average, there is approximately a ratio of 1:10 between replies and views in each thread? Not every thread adheres to this, but over time I've noticed the trend.

Do I get the KB astute member of the week chocolate fish now?

Hitcher
4th January 2005, 16:16
Dave, it's about time somebody gave you a stern talking to...

MSTRS
4th January 2005, 16:29
Well done that man. Here's your reward.....oh...sorry....it seems to be a wrapper only. All right, who was it??!! :Oi:

StoneChucker
4th January 2005, 16:33
No need to be sarcastic :shifty: Now find the chocolate fish or there is going to be hell to pay I tell you!!! :D

MSTRS
4th January 2005, 16:39
Then better give that man a DB....someone....anyone?? :laugh: :blink:

MSTRS
4th January 2005, 16:41
But seriously, that's very good work young Master SC. Go to the front of the class, but leave your books & pencils cos you'll be back :2thumbsup :killingme

onearmedbandit
4th January 2005, 17:13
Yeah I noticed the same thing at an American sportbike forum I go to (www.esportbike.com), roughly 1:10 ratio. Wonder if its a forum thing, or just us m/c's are too lazy to post a reply??

StoneChucker
4th January 2005, 17:21
I only sat at the front of the class in school, if the teacher was cute ;)

The ratio rule applies to R1-forum.com too

toads
4th January 2005, 18:22
you must deserve the chocolate fish for the most bored shitless without a bike again award, dunno whether you or frosty should get it though!! I really do feel for both of yas though seriously!!

MSTRS
4th January 2005, 18:27
This must be because of global warming or gay marriage or ???? Usually the 80/20 rule applies to everything.

Blakamin
4th January 2005, 18:28
you must deserve the chocolate fish for the most bored shitless without a bike again award, dunno whether you or frosty should get it though!! I really do feel for both of yas though seriously!!
I reckon the fish should go to SC, toads. frosty can at least clean and play with his race bike! whereas SC's bike has nearly spent more time off the road than on!

FROSTY
4th January 2005, 18:33
SC is gonna be JUST fine --Ive given his address and phone number to a young lady from palmerston north. --He MIGHT surface for air in a week :Punk:
And as for me--ya gotta be kidding im already thinking up ways to set the Viffer up so i can ride it one handed back to dorkland

Riff Raff
4th January 2005, 18:33

I think I'm probably more bored shitless than either of them!!! so I'll take the chocolate fishies, ok? On second thought, I think I may have put on a bit of blubber with all this inactivity - ah what the hell...

Wellyman
4th January 2005, 18:35
Well thanks for that pointless bit of info! we will give ya something for your effort one day :laugh:

Posh Tourer :P
4th January 2005, 19:40
I think I'm probably more bored shitless than either of them!!! so I'll take the chocolate fishies, ok? On second thought, I think I may have put on a bit of blubber with all this inactivity - ah what the hell...

Dont look like it in those leathers :love: :bleh:

StoneChucker
6th January 2005, 01:03
Dont look like it in those leathers
I agree. Hey Riff Raff, I've been a very, very naughty boy last year, and I plan to be even worse this year! What you gonna put in my sock this christmas? :killingme

Blakamin, says the pot, to the kettle. Even though 1/3 of my bike's life has been in the shop, I still ride it more than you do your Ducati :eek: Find a new job mate, my suggestion? Motorcycle journelist, test riding new Ducatis on closed tracks... :headbang:

Ohhh, I can't wait to get my bike back, it's gonna be purdy... all I want now is the Dark Smoke De Puig double bubble wind shield, some wanky R1 accessories and a rear seat cowel. Oh, some braided steel brake lines aswell.

riffer
6th January 2005, 06:46
I agree. Hey Riff Raff, I've been a very, very naughty boy last year, and I plan to be even worse this year! What you gonna put in my sock this christmas? :killingme

Blakamin, says the pot, to the kettle. Even though 1/3 of my bike's life has been in the shop, I still ride it more than you do your Ducati :eek: Find a new job mate, my suggestion? Motorcycle journelist, test riding new Ducatis on closed tracks... :headbang:

Ohhh, I can't wait to get my bike back, it's gonna be purdy... all I want now is the Dark Smoke De Puig double bubble wind shield, some wanky R1 accessories and a rear seat cowel. Oh, some braided steel brake lines aswell.

You know Dave, if you had just followed Frosty's advice with the quicksteel, you would have enough money for some riding pants now...
:wacko:

Blakamin
6th January 2005, 07:58
IBlakamin, says the pot, to the kettle. Even though 1/3 of my bike's life has been in the shop, I still ride it more than you do your Ducati :eek:

Since when???? you dont ride in the rain.....which means I've ridden more than you this year already.... up until my redundancy, I commuted on it... in the rain/hail/whatever... how long was you bike in the shop??? i've had the duc since 18th Oct....I rode every day while you had to drive your little car :msn-wink:

Hooks
6th January 2005, 08:16
Since when???? you dont ride in the rain.....which means I've ridden more than you this year already.... up until my redundancy, I commuted on it... in the rain/hail/whatever... how long was you bike in the shop??? i've had the duc since 18th Oct....I rode every day while you had to drive your little car :msn-wink:

Alright you two Play nicely or I WILL arrange that visit that Frosty was talking about ... :ar15: And you're both bloody poofters when it comes to getting out on 2 wheels !! I ride in the rain or snow and have been known to ride all day just so I can ride back again all the next one .... :Punk:
What you need to do is meet up with me in Pram and we'll all go for a Tootle and do the full circle..... there up to say Woodville or Dannevirke and back down to Masterton then over the Tuka's to the Hutt and then over the paekak hill to pram for beers and fodder !! ... say a BBQ at Paul & Vicky's .... shhh don't tell them tho :shutup: .... we'll make it a surprise !! :yeah: :wavey:

Blakamin
6th January 2005, 08:18
Alright you two Play nicely or I WILL arrange that visit that Frosty was talking about ... :ar15: And you're both bloody poofters when it comes to getting out on 2 wheels !! I ride in the rain or snow and have been known to ride all day just so I can ride back again all the next one .... :Punk:
What you need to do is meet up with me in Pram and we'll all go for a Tootle and do the full circle..... there up to say Woodville or Dannevirke and back down to Masterton then over the Tuka's to the Hutt and then over the paekak hill to pram for beers and fodder !! ... say a BBQ at Paul & Vicky's .... shhh don't tell them tho :shutup: .... we'll make it a surprise !! :yeah: :wavey:
Sounds bloody good to me!!!!

except weekends are out as thats the only time I work.....

Hooks
6th January 2005, 08:59
Sounds bloody good to me!!!!

except weekends are out as thats the only time I work.....

I hope you mean the ride and not the visit from Frosty and SC's little friend .... :bleh: :lol:

Blakamin
6th January 2005, 10:19
I hope you mean the ride and not the visit from Frosty and SC's little friend .... :bleh: :lol:
the ride Hooks, the ride!!!
and no throwing bike bits.... :Pokey:

vifferman
6th January 2005, 10:25
StoneChuckerator: What's up with your bike now? I thought you had it back from its surgery? :spudwhat:

RiffRaff: I'd offer to come and give you a prod with my bony finger to see if you really are as blubbery as you say you are (doubt it - it's likely just a gurrrrly thing, as all gurrrrls think they're fat :Pokey: ), but the vifferbabe would likely misconstrue my philanthropic intentions and inflict a Bobbet (sp?) on me. :eek:

Hooks
7th January 2005, 15:38
the ride Hooks, the ride!!!
and no throwing bike bits.... :Pokey:

Mate I carry 100mph tape these days ... :2guns: So all you have to do is concentrate on keeping up, I have a new front tyre so I can actually flick into corners at speed !! ... :bleh: