PDA

View Full Version : Buckets at Taupo Road Race Spectacular

Pages : [1] 2

Skunk
17th June 2008, 14:25
General Bucket discussion thread for this event to keep it out of the other threads.

Who's planning on going?
What are ya taking?
What records are you going to break? :mellow:

I've booked two pits (one double) at Taupo for the TRRS (27-28th Dec) and I am taking bookings.
The more the cheaper - but it will be limited to 16ish.
It's two near the pit entry. $400 is the total cost to be split among the takers.

Pit spaces booked (max 12ish):
1 bert
1 koba
1 all4A50s
2 Dangerous
1 F5 Dave
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
3 left (current total price per bike: $45.00)

I'm also taking a trailer of Buckets to the meet and currently have spaces left for those in Welly (or en-route). Cost is equivalent to $30 in todays money (diesel prices...) return. I'll be going up to Taupo on the 26th at this stage. Staying at the track 27-28. Those who have booked on the trailer - who wants shares in the pit?

Trailer from Welly (max 8):
1 Skunk Control
1 Sketchy
1 Koba
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
2 left

Trudes
17th June 2008, 14:38
Yep we'll be in for pit sharing (not arm ones though)

CookMySock
17th June 2008, 14:48
Yep we'll be in for pit sharing (not arm ones though)sharing your other pit ? :niceone::innocent::dodge:

I'll be there with bells on, and with any luck, wheels on!

DB

bungbung
17th June 2008, 14:49
Yep I'm going, I'd like to share a pit.
I'll take the tzr145. My record to break will be to complete a race on it without it breaking down.

koba
17th June 2008, 15:19
Im interested but unreliable at this stage.

Breaking records is far less likely than breaking bones or bike

Skunk
17th June 2008, 15:35
Yep I'm going, I'd like to share a pit.
I'll take the tzr145. My record to break will be to complete a race on it without it breaking down.
You want a trailer space?

The record I'm planning to break is to not come last. Which requires me to finish every race. Hmmm, tall order.
The ZX1R and AX1R are the current bikes. Will have to see if the TZR-TF125 is ready. Anyone seen a cheap supply of gasket and seal kits for a TF125?

bungbung
17th June 2008, 16:36
You want a trailer space? I'm charging something equivalent to $30 in todays money (diesel prices...) return.

I'll take my van up, will probably have room for one more bike, tbc.

nudemetalz
17th June 2008, 17:06
Yes please for Lady P to have a pit space.

Might get a pit girl too with a brolly...:devil2:
Sheez, tyre warmers next, then I'll need a remote rear-wheel starter...
Damn I watch too much MotoGP !!!!!!

Skunk
17th June 2008, 17:09
then I'll need a remote rear-wheel starter...
I have plans for a rear-wheel starter...

nudemetalz
17th June 2008, 17:16
Can be done fairly easily I reckon.

I'm CAD designing box-section alloy front and rear paddock stands at the moment.
Sick of having to lean the bike up against the trailer.

quallman1234
17th June 2008, 17:17
Ill probably be doing two classes so i might need a pit space for my bucket. Will get back to you.

ajturbo
17th June 2008, 17:38
i will be taking the van up... but the garage sounds like a go!!!
so add me to it please.... don't think the MOTO GP boys will want a bucket in THEIR shed...lol

Skunk
17th June 2008, 17:40
so add me to it please.... don't think the MOTO GP boys will want a bucket in THEIR shed...lol
Just one space?

quallman1234
17th June 2008, 17:43

That what i was thinking, maybe we can stock pile them in a corner somewhere?

Skunk
17th June 2008, 17:51
That what i was thinking, maybe we can stock pile them in a corner somewhere?
:wacko::blink::shutup::corn:

ajturbo
17th June 2008, 17:56
Just one space?
yes... i don't think luke will be allowed to race his bucket AND the 150 AND the GP125....lol

but then i MAY get the turbo up to race spec...
i had a reply to my mate who owns the turbo.. told him that i was racing it.... he hasn't replied...

i then waited a couple of days .. then told him the truth.. i sold it.. hahahahahahahhahahaha shit now he KNOWS i'm having him on!

Str8 Jacket
17th June 2008, 18:16
How much for a share in the pits, Mr El Stinko?

Here's hoping that I make it further than the warm up lap!! :crazy:

F5 Dave
17th June 2008, 18:25
Erm, yeah I could be a go to share pit.

Skunk
17th June 2008, 21:28
How much for a share in the pits, Mr El Stinko?

Here's hoping that I make it further than the warm up lap!! :crazy:

The more the cheaper - but it will be limited to 16ish. It's the two at the pit exit. $400 is the total cost.So at best $400/16=$25 for two days.

Number One
17th June 2008, 21:51
Us Monsters would like to join ya in the pit. Is it two days?!

Grub
17th June 2008, 21:52
OK, the rest of the Thunderbirds of Team Nudsty are Go!

Parker and Brains would like a spot in the garage each please. We'll take our trailer. If someone is desperate, we might be able to fit someone else's bike on too ... allthough we've never tried more than two on it.

Skunk
17th June 2008, 22:01
Yep, for the two days.

Skunk
18th June 2008, 13:23
No Aucklanders interested? Don't ya wanna share with the Welly crew?

Trudes
18th June 2008, 13:24
They're probably thinking "Wellington? Where is that? Do people live there? Will we catch a funny rash from them?"

F5 Dave
18th June 2008, 14:43
. . . Will we catch a funny rash from them?"If they're really lucky.:love:

PS the Bucket GP has been applied for on this permit so may well be our national event. Chris or Scrivvy can chip in to say how this has gone?

Kendog
18th June 2008, 17:36
I am starting to get excited about this. Will have to book some holiday leave soon.

Number One
18th June 2008, 18:24
Plenty of concrete around we won't be joining yall in the pit...mmmm mmmm durty biarch might come out to play that weekend.........:blip:

Nasty
18th June 2008, 18:33
I am starting to get excited about this. Will have to book some holiday leave soon.

Crap i forgot about that part .. I hope my project finishes on schedule so I can have a holida :confused:

Str8 Jacket
18th June 2008, 18:56
Crap i forgot about that part .. I hope my project finishes on schedule so I can have a holida :confused:

Poo's! Same here :(

Im only 3 weeks into my new job and have been off more day's than at work already so cant really ask for awhile. Doh!

Skunk
18th June 2008, 20:52
If they're really lucky.:love:

PS the Bucket GP has been applied for on this permit so may well be our national event. Chris or Scrivvy can chip in to say how this has gone?
Fuck, that'll be awesome. I think I'll PM Scrivy and annoy he some...

TZ350
18th June 2008, 21:20

The Auckland crew are planning to hire a double garage too. Last year we were close to the sign on and tech inspection garage, probably the same this year. We will come look you guys and gals up. I am looking forward to racing with you folks.:soon:

Skunk
18th June 2008, 21:22
The Auckland crew are planning to hire a double garage too. Last year we were close to the sign on and tech inspection garage, probably the same this year. We will come look you guys and gals up. I am looking forward to racing with you folks.:soon:
Get one next to us. We can have a Bucket collection. I've got pits 31 and 32.

Skunk
18th June 2008, 21:25
The NZ Bucket GP will be held at the meeting. It's official.
Probably going to be a 30 min race (depending on entries).
The organisers (Scrivy and Chris Lawrence) are trying to organise filming of the days events too, so DVDs can be made for the competitors.
:drool:

Pumba
18th June 2008, 21:28

Quite happy to share with you welly people, but figure I actually need to finish a race without falling or the bike shitting out on me before I bother thinking about it:crazy:.

TZ350
18th June 2008, 21:32
Get one next to us. We can have a Bucket collection. I've got 31 and 32.

Us old folk have to be mindfull about how far they have to push the bikes for tech inspection, we also like to be close to the Coffey vendor, the loo's and the down hill slope is a great help in getting the bikes started but it would be great to be close by, I will suggest it to the others. :bash:

Trudes
18th June 2008, 21:44
All my wishes have come true!! A downhill slope at the track?! No pushing Pamela around for half an hour!!!:wari::laugh:

Skunk
18th June 2008, 22:04
Us old folk have to be mindfull about how far they have to push the bikes for tech inspection, we also like to be close to the Coffey vendor, the loo's and the down hill slope is a great help in getting the bikes started but it would be great to be close by, I will suggest it to the others. :bash:
I'm sure some of the younger ones will help us older ones out. I hear them now...

"HTFU!"

gav
18th June 2008, 22:08
The NZ Bucket GP will be held at the meeting. It's official.
Probably going to be a 30 min race (depending on entries).
The organisers (Scrivy and Chris Lawrence) are trying to organise filming of the days events too, so DVDs can be made for the competitors.
:drool:
Hasn't the NZ Bucket GP already been run in Auckland?

Skunk
18th June 2008, 22:25
Guess it's being run again. Permit is done. Maybe it's the early 2009 GP?

nudemetalz
18th June 2008, 23:32
Sounds awesome !!!

Lady P is going to have to get some more hp by then.

Rashika
19th June 2008, 05:22
I think we will be there... be a bloody awesome way to spend xmas: wanganui races to watch then 2 days of fun at Taupo! Now if we can convince them to have Buckets at the endurance race the following day it was be superb! :2thumbsup

Skunk
19th June 2008, 10:26
I think we will be there... be a bloody awesome way to spend xmas: wanganui races to watch then 2 days of fun at Taupo! Now if we can convince them to have Buckets at the endurance race the following day it was be superb! :2thumbsupThat'll be great. Get more of them up too. Can you talk to the Prez of the local bucket club to put it in his newsletter? You see him sometimes don't ya?
To convince them about an endurance race we need to spout off in here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=75827)

F5 Dave
19th June 2008, 10:44

Yes, but Chris is a Bucket racer from the old days & thought it would be good to run the GP at a big meeting & on a decent size track. It is a few days from being 2009, but whatever.

OK now there are some caveats. This will mean that we are sharing the track with the rest of the event. It will inevitably mean less tracktime which is something that the bigger classes will be familiar with. But it is a good venue & nice to have it as a 2 day so it is worth the trip.

Now on a personal note there was some concern about being able to run a separate F5 GP race. Opinion is split about this. Personally I'm very keen on the idea, it has been run non stop for over 20 years. They will be pressed for time of course, it is a very slick run operation.

I suggested in desperation it be run off the back of the SS150 class. This may concern some of the 150 guys, but the track is pretty big & the front runners I doubt would get lapped unless it is a long race. Heck I cleaned up the 150s on my bucket last time I was there, & the 50 won't be that much slower I would have thought.

But we will have to see.

dangerous
20th June 2008, 06:48
-Who's planning on going?
-What are ya taking?
-What records are you going to break? :mellow:

-Seems I am as my names down on the pit list :blink: if for nothing else but to belt DB round the head with a bent con rod :shifty:
-a couple a bikes maybe?
-my personal lap time, and in pratice.

gav
20th June 2008, 18:54
So realistically what could a bucket expect? One practice and one 30 minute race per day?
Hey Dangerous, are you planning on racing at Port Nelson on way home?

Trudes
20th June 2008, 18:56
And the company of us lovely people again!!:msn-wink:

dangerous
20th June 2008, 19:01

hope so...

Skunk
20th June 2008, 20:02
So realistically what could a bucket expect? One practice and one 30 minute race per day?
Last year we got three races on the second day and three practices/races the first. Plus we got to watch everything else.

Don't know about this year yet. We'll wait for Scrivy.

speedpro
2nd July 2008, 19:27
Whisper is that a certain Mr Steadman is being tempted out of retirement to ride at Taupo. Something about giving Mr Duff "the learn".

Skunk
3rd July 2008, 08:51
What class? Buckets?

diesel pig
3rd July 2008, 18:33
Well I have booked my ferry tickets and I am looking forward to riding the taupo track.

dangerous
3rd July 2008, 18:35
Well I have booked my ferry tickets and I am looking forward to riding the taupo track.

Bugger LOL, we cant book just yet till we know if we will have a trailer in toe, but we will be there :beer:

speedpro
3rd July 2008, 21:26
What class? Buckets?

Yes Sir. Jim's bike when I rode it was just a "little" bit slower than Peter's, the one F5Dave has. However it handled so well that even with hanging off and dragging the leather on my boots and knee slider I still flattened the sidestand tang on the frame. Jim has won a few races on this bike in the past and apart from Nigel's bike I still think it's pretty well unbeatable with him on it. Jim and I lapped third place at the last GP at Taupo and we were all over each other. After riding his bike though I realised that he was just going slow to make it look good for the spectators.

Bren_chch
4th July 2008, 17:29
i'm hoping to make it to this, would be awesome to ride taupo on the bucket! yeehaaaaa!

dangerous
4th July 2008, 19:31
i'm hoping to make it to this, would be awesome to ride taupo on the bucket! yeehaaaaa!

dont worry Bren, we will look after ya hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa :scooter:

Kickaha
4th July 2008, 19:45
dont worry Bren, we will look after ya hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaa :scooter:

He wont need no looking after he's already been to the track

Still don't know if we're dragging the outfit up, but if we do I'll be trying to stack the bucket in somewhere

all4A50s
6th July 2008, 07:27
Can someone please tell me what you have to do to join in this extravaganza?
I'll have space for one other (including bike) and will be tavelling up from Wellington.:clap:

ajturbo
6th July 2008, 10:21
I'll have space for one other (including bike) and will be tavelling up from Wellington.:clap:
first thing you have to do is
1. put a donation into the "mudboy getting to PORTUGAL" account
2.see Number 1.
3. see number 2.
apart from that.. get your butt up to taupo after xmass....

Number One
7th July 2008, 12:28
see Number 1.

You called AJ? See me for what? A :spanking:...that could easily be arranged infact I would take great pleasure in it :yes:

BTW it's Number One

ajturbo
7th July 2008, 16:24
You called AJ? See me for what? A :spanking:...that could easily be arranged infact I would take great pleasure in it :yes:

BTW it's Number One
you will have to pick a number sorry, there are already a "few" in front of you...

Skunk
10th July 2008, 14:12
Well I have booked my ferry tickets and I am looking forward to riding the taupo track.Good to hear. Need or want a pit?

i'm hoping to make it to this, would be awesome to ride taupo on the bucket! yeehaaaaa!As above.

I'll have space for one other (including bike) and will be tavelling up from Wellington.:clap:Day license (must belong to a MNZ club). Turn up with cash and an entry (not available yet).

If any of you Southerners need to stay in Wellington let us know. We'll sort you out.

ajturbo
10th July 2008, 20:12
If any of you Southerners need to stay in Wellington let us know. We'll sort you out.

yes .. i am sure between skunk and that dogy bugger aj and col, we can come up with beds.. AND a roof...over the bikes..

Skunk
10th July 2008, 21:36
Well, Hotel de Skunk has full beds already, but the lounge floor is still free.

nudemetalz
11th July 2008, 08:12
We can hotel one (or a loving couple :buggerd: ) in our spare room plus room for a bike or 2 in Nudey Garage.

F5 Dave
11th July 2008, 09:24
I'll have to offer spare rooms to Tony & clan 1st option, but otherwise I'll have some space.

dangerous
11th July 2008, 16:49
just a thought... do ya need to pre regester for the racing or is it the case of on the day?

Skunk
11th July 2008, 18:27
Both. Best to pre-enter. No entry form available yet.

all4A50s
12th July 2008, 09:34
I can bed a couple, plus secure bikes.

SHELRACING
17th July 2008, 21:45
Yep the Gp is to be run at Taupo this year, and is to be a national event. Word is we a looking at a 20-25 lap race. ( That should cook a few of the two strokes ). Expect a large field, That should make the first corner interesting

To be confirmed By Mr. Lawrence
1. The race may be held on Saturday because of the time restrictions on Sunday

2. There may be a separate, shorter race for the F5's.

I may hear from Chris soon with more info. I'll pass it on as it comes to hand.

This is going to be a blast, I can't wait. The meeting of the year for us that's for sure.:banana:

Cheers
Steve

dangerous
17th July 2008, 21:57
Yep the Gp is to be run at Taupo this year, and is to be a national event. Word is we a looking at a 20-25 lap race. ( That should cook a few of the two strokes ). Expect a large field, That should make the first corner interesting

20-25 laps... but how big are the laps?
put another way how long is the race to be?

Skunk
17th July 2008, 22:03
2.2kms in length. Hmmm. :drool:

Skunk
18th July 2008, 08:55
Taupo Road Race Spectacular entries are now being accepted. Entry form is here (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1651315&postcount=222).

SHELRACING
18th July 2008, 10:29
Last year the event was held on the short circuit, not sure of the length about 2km's I think.

20-25 laps... but how big are the laps?
put another way how long is the race to be?

F5 Dave
18th July 2008, 10:42
I'm there. I'm so there.

all4A50s
27th July 2008, 13:17
Sent my entry off. I'll have enough space to take one person and bike up with me and a spare tent if anyone is interested.

Trudes
27th July 2008, 15:21
Yep, sent our entrys in on Friday, bring it ornnnn!!:banana:

dangerous
27th July 2008, 17:57
Yep, sent our entrys in on Friday, bring it ornnnn!!:banana:

OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Im still holding off booking anything even tho we are defnitly going. We are holding of till R gets some tests done finely this Thursday (will have to wait a few days for results) as to know weather to enter two riders or just me, and weather we book on the ferry as a ute only or with trailer (2 or 4 bikes) the wait is painfull :mellow: Im so hanging to book.

SHELRACING
27th July 2008, 19:35
Our entries are in and we both can't wait for the racing.
Been there for the last two xmas's and wouldn't miss it.

ROLL ON XMAS!

Funny how xmas just means so much more now.

Trudes
27th July 2008, 19:40
OHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... Im still holding off booking anything even tho we are defnitly going. We are holding of till R gets some tests done finely this Thursday (will have to wait a few days for results) as to know weather to enter two riders or just me, and weather we book on the ferry as a ute only or with trailer (2 or 4 bikes) the wait is painfull :mellow: Im so hanging to book.

Hope all will be well D.
Let us know if you need a place to stay on your way through, always got a bed here if you need it.

Buckets4Me
27th July 2008, 19:50
I'm there paid and all

:scooter::wari::rockon::woohoo:

Ghost_Bullet
27th July 2008, 20:45
I am keen on this one myself, and have been in disscussions with the Mrs, as to what where how etc, we would make a holiday of itover the xmas break with the kids on tow as well. Have not read anything of the thread prior to the couple of pages before this post.

Is there a cut off time for booking things, and I did see somthing about pits, etc. are there any spaces left?

nudemetalz
27th July 2008, 21:10
Just done the entry form and cheque, so the lucious Lady Penelope and I shall be there.

Number One
27th July 2008, 21:10
OOO I forgot about this thread. Have saved the forms and the Monsters are planning to be there - hopefully minus small child.

If you see our van a rockin...don't come a knockin :devil:

Trudes
27th July 2008, 21:15
OOO I forgot about this thread. Have saved the forms and the Monsters are planning to be there - hopefully minus small child.

If you see our van a rockin...don't come a knockin :devil:

So it won't be like the hillclimb rally where you fell asleep while the rest of us partied, apart from the lesies in the tent.... :dodge:

Number One
27th July 2008, 21:16
So it won't be like the hillclimb rally where you fell asleep while the rest of us partied, apart from the lesies in the tent.... :dodge:
:lol: O that all depends on how entertaining the company is :whistle:

Funny Sully and I were talking about that about how I managed to fall asleep in amongst all those shrieking bitches...then we thought about it...was just you shrieking :innocent:

Trudes
27th July 2008, 21:18
:laugh:Well, I had a good night at least!!!:laugh:

Number One
27th July 2008, 21:20
Yeah I'm jealous my eyes couldn't stay open to join in the fun and help create havoc.

Trudes
27th July 2008, 21:21
This time then eh!!!;)

Number One
27th July 2008, 21:25
I'll make sure I get a good number of nana naps in before then :lol:

nudemetalz
27th July 2008, 21:28
Lezzies in a tent, huh ?

hmmmm,..... :shit:

Number One
27th July 2008, 21:35
Lezzies in a tent, huh ?

hmmmm,..... :shit:
You just jealous you missed it :eek:

nudemetalz
27th July 2008, 21:36
You just jealous you missed it :eek:

errrr....you can't prove that !!!! :innocent:

Kickaha
27th July 2008, 22:30
I am keen on this one myself, and have been in disscussions with the Mrs, as to what where how etc, we would make a holiday of itover the xmas break with the kids on tow as well.

Look at making the boxing day racing at Wanganui a stopover on the way

nudemetalz
30th July 2008, 23:03
Got a call tonight from Chris to say my entry form had been accepted.
The positions are filling up fast for the buckets so get your forms and money in pronto !!

Number One
30th July 2008, 23:17
Got a call tonight from Chris tonight to say my entry form had been accepted.
The positions are filling up fast for the buckets so get your forms and money in pronto !!
ooooo oooo oooo oooooooooooooooooo

Buckets4Me
31st July 2008, 06:54
I hand delivered mine to Cris
and he cashed the check so i quess i'm in :clap:

Kickaha
31st July 2008, 17:31
I hand delivered mine to Cris
and he cashed the check so i quess i'm in :clap:

With Chris you might be safe (although I wouldn't guarantee it) , if it'd been Scrivy it would have already been cashed and spent on piss and whores

Sully60
31st July 2008, 17:37
if it'd been Scrivy it would have already been cashed and spent on piss and whores

That's ok as long as he doesn't waste it:nono:

dangerous
1st August 2008, 19:50
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... MAN

just filled out me entry, all looking sweet... then relised I filled out 2007 entry, DOH now to find and print out the 2008 entry :whistle:

Buckets4Me
1st August 2008, 20:07
they probably never know
:Oops:

Rashika
1st August 2008, 20:12

just filled out me entry, all looking sweet... then relised I filled out 2007 entry, DOH now to find and print out the 2008 entry :whistle:

yeah, lucky I noticed... and then I checked his entry to Greymouth only to find he had missed all the stuff on the back to sign!

Gee what would you do without me Dangerous??? ;)

Skunk
1st August 2008, 23:54

Are you a ginga or something?

Skunk
5th August 2008, 21:58
I've updated the pit space and trailer bookings. (You're still two Dangerous? Pre82 and F4)
Any Wellys want their F4 or F5 taken to Taupo?
Anyone with a F4 or F5 from anywhere in the country want a pit space?

k14
6th August 2008, 16:53
yeah, lucky I noticed... and then I checked his entry to Greymouth only to find he had missed all the stuff on the back to sign!

Gee what would you do without me Dangerous??? ;)
I'm surprised he can even spell his name right.

all4A50s
6th August 2008, 18:16
I've updated the pit space and trailer bookings. (You're still two Dangerous? Pre82 and F4)
Any Wellys want their F4 or F5 taken to Taupo?
Anyone with a F4 or F5 from anywhere in the country want a pit space?

As mentioned to you a couple of meets ago. I'm keen to grab a spot in the pit space.
G

dangerous
6th August 2008, 19:17
P/M sent other than that motel, ferry is booked and entry posted... gona be good :scooter:

F5 Dave
21st August 2008, 14:51
Hi Guys

Spoke to Chris this morning & he said entries are going fairly well (but not as well as someone had suggested).

so far
6 in (F5)
~16 or 18 in (F4) can't remember.

However if you want to race the next day they are mixing off the grid with the 150s (which we'll give the shits to some of them), but the class is going to be held to 40 so everyone best send in your entry.

Also he said if we want we can put the Welly pits up the hill a bit with the Auckland guys if we want (but can't move the auck guys down next to us). Skunk should decide & contact Chris.

cheers all, this will be a great event!!! Send in those forms!

dangerous
21st August 2008, 18:11
Also he said if we want we can put the Welly pits up the hill a bit with the Auckland guys if we want (but can't move the auck guys down next to us). Skunk should decide & contact Chris.
So wheres the Canty crews pits then, beside the bar?

Trudes
21st August 2008, 19:35

Out on the road. :)

dangerous
21st August 2008, 19:42
Out on the road. :)
ohh thats ok, cos even with that sort of handicap... we will still catch up and pass ya :2thumbsup in fact we could start the race from our motel room and still lap ya hahahahaha........... ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Trudes
21st August 2008, 19:45
ohh thats ok, cos even with that sort of handicap... we will still catch up and pass ya :2thumbsup

You never know, I may have my secret weapon ready by then.

Just remember, it doesn't matter how many people you pass if you don't finish (or even make the start, or crash in the warm up session):msn-wink::Pokey:

dangerous
21st August 2008, 19:46
You never know, I may have my secret weapon ready by then.

Just remember, it doesn't matter how many people you pass if you don't finish (or even make the start, or crash in the warm up session):msn-wink::Pokey:
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... low blow LMFAO

Trudes
21st August 2008, 19:47
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... low blow LMFAO

hehe, thought you'd appreciate that one. :hug:

Skunk
21st August 2008, 19:56
You're with us. Where is the Auckland pit? (Well, I know the answer to that - I mean the pits they're using at Taupo)What numbers? We're in 31+32 at the moment...

dangerous
21st August 2008, 20:10
Hey speaking of dorklanders... who many of them and who will be atending?

Slingshot
21st August 2008, 20:17
we can put the Welly pits up the hill a bit

Could be handy for crash starting the bikes.

Trudes
21st August 2008, 20:26
Could be handy for crash starting the bikes.

My thoughts exactly!!:blink:

F5 Dave
22nd August 2008, 09:32
Well Skunk perhaps you can call Chris, not my decision to make after all, can text or PM you the number, should be on the entry form. Probably makes sense to be all together, but is further away, if that really matters.

Buckets4Me
22nd August 2008, 11:55
Hey speaking of dorklanders... who many of them and who will be atending?

:2guns:

wouldn't you like to know

haha we won last year lol

see ya there

Rashika
22nd August 2008, 13:35
:2guns:

wouldn't you like to know

haha we won last year lol

see ya there

no cantabs there last year... :devil2:
Probably just as well that I have gone into temporary hibernation for a year.

Buckets4Me
22nd August 2008, 15:30
F5Dave took it out the year before I think if not him then Steve from ShellRacing

Skunk
25th August 2008, 13:06
Any Welly crew NOT want to move to the noisy end of the Pits (near those Aucklanders...)?

I'll call Chris tonight.

Buckets4Me
25th August 2008, 13:59
:bash: :scooter: :woohoo: :sick::innocent: :scooter: :wari: :Punk::yes: :done: :bye:

Trudes
25th August 2008, 14:07
:bash: :scooter: :woohoo: :sick::innocent: :scooter: :wari: :Punk::yes: :done: :bye:

Is that your take on what the proceedings will be like? Can't wait!

Slingshot
25th August 2008, 15:07

Argy bargy at the start line, racing, NWM celebrating a win, Aucklanders sick at their poor display of riding, NMW comforts them, more racing, Col...the NWM mascot does the banana dance, NMW wins again, Wellington Represent, Aucklanders wave goodbye after having their arses handed to them.

Skunk
25th August 2008, 15:37
:bash: :scooter: :woohoo: :sick::innocent: :scooter: :wari: :Punk::yes: :done:
I thought it was more like :drinkup:

gav
26th August 2008, 10:14
Argy bargy at the start line, racing, NWM celebrating a win, Aucklanders sick at their poor display of riding, NMW comforts them, more racing, Col...the NWM mascot does the banana dance, NMW wins again, Wellington Represent, Aucklanders wave goodbye after having their arses handed to them.
Just like at BOB!? :msn-wink:

nudemetalz
26th August 2008, 16:19
I'm seriously considering 125 two-stroke in Lady Penelope for Taupo.
Longchin is going to be outclassed by MotoFXR me thinks.

dangerous
26th August 2008, 18:04
I'm seriously considering 125 two-stroke in Lady Penelope for Taupo.
Longchin is going to be outclassed by MotoFXR me thinks.
I dont know of any FXR's from down here going man, how many in your fold?

nudemetalz
26th August 2008, 21:40
Unsure from here, but I've heard a rumour that there are going to be some fast ones from up North going.

SHELRACING
26th August 2008, 22:17
Unsure from here, but I've heard a rumour that there are going to be some fast ones from up North going.

Well if Nigel Duff turns up with his water cooled RS/100 we'll all be racing for second place. He is seriously fast.

:whocares: Anyway it's the meeting of the year for us anyway. With 30+ bikes on the track and 25 laps it's going to be Awesome.... :wari:

Buckets4Me
27th August 2008, 07:12
unless he crashes or blows up lol

Rashika
27th August 2008, 08:41
Wonder if we can get some of the local youngsters there on their CBRs... now THAT would be interesting! :wari:

speedpro
27th August 2008, 09:17
Wonder if we can get some of the local youngsters there on their CBRs... now THAT would be interesting! :wari:

It does sound like it is about time someone handed them their own asses on a plate.

Rashika
27th August 2008, 12:01
It does sound like it is about time someone handed them their own asses on a plate.

hehe... yep!

racer40
27th August 2008, 19:41
:hi everyone, finally got on site. entries for RR Spectacular so far are 6 in f5, 2 from auk, 1 from Taumaranui, 3 from welly.... 16 in f4, 6 from auck, 2 northland, 1 taumaranui, 2 chch, 5 welly ... still 4 months to go , so thats pretty good.... CHRIS

dangerous
27th August 2008, 20:01
2 chchThat be me and DieselPig... thats 1st and 2nd places taken care of, come on now chch we atleast need to take out 3rd place aswell, sort ya shits out and get booked in.

Joni
27th August 2008, 20:22
:hi everyone, finally got on site. entries for RR Spectacular so far are 6 in f5, 2 from auk, 1 from Taumaranui, 3 from welly.... 16 in f4, 6 from auck, 2 northland, 1 taumaranui, 2 chch, 5 welly ... still 4 months to go , so thats pretty good.... CHRISGood to see you here Chris... Im looking forward to catching up in person at Wanga's! :clap:

Skunk
27th August 2008, 21:07
:hi everyone, finally got on site. entries for RR Spectacular so far are 6 in f5, 2 from auk, 1 from Taumaranui, 3 from welly.... 16 in f4, 6 from auck, 2 northland, 1 taumaranui, 2 chch, 5 welly ... still 4 months to go , so thats pretty good.... CHRIS
I've got five on my trailer so I hope they've booked. I've put an entry in and booked the pits but haven't paid anything yet.

Kendog
27th August 2008, 21:09
I've got five on my trailer so I hope they've booked. I've put an entry in and booked the pits but haven't paid anything yet.

We have booked, so that's two.

dangerous
27th August 2008, 21:20
and booked the pits but haven't paid anything yet.
do you want some coin from me?

Skunk
27th August 2008, 21:22
Cash on the day for the pits... I haven't paid for my entry to the racing yet :laugh:

Buckets4Me
28th August 2008, 08:32
did you shift the pits up next to us Aucklanders

Skunk
28th August 2008, 08:57
Not yet. It depends on my flatmate selling his pitbike (http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Motorbikes/Motorbikes/Pocket-pit-bikes/auction-172484338.htm) :wacko:

Yeah, strange but true. I want to move just so we're all together; but we picked the end of the pits as it was quieter at night and a good photography point for the wife...

racer40
28th August 2008, 20:35
if any bucket guys & girls, cant afford your entry fees yet. just send your form in for now, & pay lata, like some others have done. Chris

Buckets4Me
28th August 2008, 21:08
Can i get my money back till later then :Oi:

na see you at Mt wellington
hope you have that fxr going by then

speedpro
3rd September 2008, 22:20
My eyesight is bad. I can't find the entry forms on MNZ or here. I googled NZ as well and all I get is old ones.

ajturbo
3rd September 2008, 22:38
My eyesight is bad. I can't find the entry forms on MNZ or here. I googled NZ as well and all I get is old ones.
we might as well not turn up if YOUR coming.... dam it

speedpro
3rd September 2008, 23:16
Quote - "My eyesight is bad"

I'll be like one of those little bumper cars - bump, turn left, , , , bump, turn right , , , ,

Just feeling my way round the track. It won't be me you need to be worried about. I heard again tonight that an old friend is coming out of bucket racing retirement for this meeting and of course Nigel may come along as well. It actually sounds like there will be a few buckets that are good for some serious speed, and the riders.

dangerous
4th September 2008, 06:09

lets see if this works...

Skunk
4th September 2008, 09:03
I heard again tonight that an old friend is coming out of bucket racing retirement for this meeting and of course Nigel may come along as well. It actually sounds like there will be a few buckets that are good for some serious speed, and the riders.Damn...

lets see if this works...Nice one.

I've had a few cancel both the pits space and the trailer. Are there any others who want to take this offer up? :mellow:

racer40
4th September 2008, 15:09
yeah, all sorted Skunk . u hav garages 5 & 6, Aucks in7&8, & another bucket garage in 4, it will be like a swarm of bees coming out come race time. did hardcore get a form or still looking. email andy.scrivener@clear.net.nz if you need one

dangerous
4th September 2008, 18:40
Damn...

Ummm yeah LOL, my MT rep aint running to well after a repiston but Im hoping to sort it by then... and whos thes suposed hot shots from Dorkland, they aint seen nufing till they seen the canty crew. :whistle:

Kickaha
4th September 2008, 18:53
did hardcore get a form or still looking. email andy.scrivener@clear.net.nz if you need one

Or if you want porn Scrivys got heaps of it (so I hear)

speedpro
4th September 2008, 18:59
Ummm yeah LOL, my MT rep aint running to well after a repiston but Im hoping to sort it by then... and whos thes suposed hot shots from Dorkland, they aint seen nufing till they seen the canty crew. :whistle:

Actually this retiree has seen the canty crew, and we :laugh: and :laugh: then we :rofl: and then we had a :cry: with more :laugh:

Kickaha
4th September 2008, 19:02
Actually this retiree has seen the canty crew, and we :laugh: and :laugh: then we :rofl: and then we had a :cry: with more :laugh:

Well realistically only one of the Canterbury crew has a chance of getting anywhere near the front and it aint the ginga:girlfight:

Trudes
4th September 2008, 19:20
Oh I think you'll all be pretty safe from the "Canty Crew" kicking your butts, Rashika won't be racing.

Kickaha
4th September 2008, 19:24
Oh I think you'll all be pretty safe from the "Canty Crew" kicking your butts, Rashika won't be racing.

At least that stops Dangerous getting beaten by her AGAIN

Rashika
5th September 2008, 07:54
Well realistically only one of the Canterbury crew has a chance of getting anywhere near the front and it aint the ginga:girlfight:

hmmm I dunno, he might decide to race my FXR instead, or maybe another hotted up FXR might make it to the back of the Ute, you know how he is about bringing spare bikes... you just never know :whistle:

Kickaha
5th September 2008, 19:50
hmmm I dunno, he might decide to race my FXR instead, or maybe another hotted up FXR might make it to the back of the Ute, you know how he is about bringing spare bikes... you just never know :whistle:

It wouldn't matter if he did race your FXR,the level of competiton will be higher than BOB and if Neil has his new motor running no other SI bike will get close to him

speedpro
5th September 2008, 21:25
The advantage the SIers may have is that they usually run on tracks this size. It's all well and good being fast on a slow track but will it translate to fast on a fast track. You can get away with all sorts of tuning horrors on a slow track but on a track where a lot of throttle is used for longer periods there is going to be a few sacrifices to Burt Monro's God-of-speed.

Forget that. The SIers are in for a good :spanking: and might I say it's about time a few of them came North for it as well instead of making us go south to dish it up.

dangerous
5th September 2008, 21:59
and might I say it's about time a few of them came North for it as well instead of making us go south to dish it up.

A few... its just me and some old wana be called Neil :scooter:

Buddha#81
6th September 2008, 08:12

What disturbs me is that the Norf Islanders will probally form an opinion on us all after meeting you and seeing you in action..........I'd like to say "WE ARE NOT ALL LIKE DANGEROUS" (thank fark). Hmmmmm wonder if Mrs B wants a few days break from me over this time?

Rashika
7th September 2008, 16:41
I really think you NEED to go Buddha!

Then the NI'rs WILL learn that we really are full of shit.. mind games are wonderful things. :whistle:

Kickaha
7th September 2008, 18:08
Hmmmmm wonder if Mrs B wants a few days break from me over this time?

I think she wants a few days break from you all the time:yes:

racer40
25th September 2008, 18:27
Just to let you all know that the top Auckland A grade riders havent entered for Taupo yet. not sure if they are coming or not. Had 3 more last week inc a nice Derby 50 from Hamilton, most of the Auckland bikes entered are 2 strokes inc 4 from the ESE team on GP 125 suzukis

dangerous
25th September 2008, 18:42
Just to let you all know that the top Auckland A grade riders havent entered for Taupo yet. not sure if they are coming or not.

Dont mater.. the 'top chch A grade riders' have :woohoo:

speedpro
25th September 2008, 20:08
Quick chat to aforementioned mate about riding at Taupo. He isn't taking it too serious or anything but reckons he will build a new bike for this meeting as his current one might have a bit much air resistance and the motor might not be fast enough. His old one is no bigger than "old" #6 and at least as fast.

Could be time to get the serious engine into my bucket. Pay to get the entry in as well of course.

racer40
26th September 2008, 19:30
yeah maybe, dangerous but there is only the 2 of you so far although Budda 81 is making noises about coming as well

Kickaha
26th September 2008, 19:36
Budda 81 is making noises about coming as well

It's a bit far for him to go without his mum

racer40
3rd October 2008, 13:48
just to keep all you bucket fans up to date. 19 f4s & 8 f5s so far, & when joined in with 150 s/s the next day there is 31 so far. way biggest class so far but it is still early days. all up 68 bikes entered, aiming for 209 bikes which we got last year

Buckets4Me
3rd October 2008, 13:55
scratch 1 f5 bike
someone hase entered but bike is not ready
no engine wheels forks tank
but it dose have 1 number board :jerry:
guess he could run around the track :jerry:

but his f4 bike is better than ever now

bucketracer
5th October 2008, 13:10
I have heard that the Suzuki GP125's were clocking 117k's to 127K's down the front at Taupo. Whats that in MPH, whats the speed of a standard GP125, 80MPH? any one know? This does not sound very fast. How fast are street stock's there? Does anyone have times and speeds for Buckets or Street Stock's at Taupo last year. I don't want to get dicked :buggerd: by all those FXR's, anyone know how quick they are? :(

ajturbo
5th October 2008, 13:14
I have heard that the Suzuki GP125's were clocking 117k's to 127K's down the front at Taupo. Whats that in MPH, whats the speed of a standard GP125, 80MPH? any one know? This does not sound very fast. How fast are street stock's there? Does anyone have times and speeds for Buckets or Street Stock's at Taupo last year. I don't want to get dicked :buggerd: by all those FXR's, anyone know how quick they are? :(
just get out there and race it...

and if you are last.... have fun coming last!!!!

and know for next year ...

Skunk
5th October 2008, 14:01
I was doing 110ish on the straight and didn't come last...
Good thing about Taupo is it has corners that evens things up for those with only power as their ability.

Get out there and ride.

Buckets4Me
5th October 2008, 14:01
the fxr's are slower

dont worry about the 150 ss
they need a handycap to compeat
normaly start half a lap ahead of the buckets and finish last :jerry:

bucketracer
5th October 2008, 15:40
The old road tests for GP125's has them running 15hp and about 80mph top speed. The front track at Taupo looks down hill, long enough to have a good run in top gear and the hotted up GP's are only reaching 73 to 79 mph, interesting difference, can anyone explain it???

By clever tuning I may have just made my bike slower :eek: :Oops: and :crybaby: but :doh: :whocares: becouse the other riders are so great :grouphug: even though I wanted to show them some :shake: as I speed away to glory.

speedpro
5th October 2008, 20:51
Does anyone have times and speeds for Buckets or Street Stock's at Taupo last year. I don't want to get dicked :buggerd: by all those FXR's, anyone know how quick they are? :(

It wasn't last year but we did run in with the 150 class one year on the old circuit. The fastest three RG150s were a very small amount faster in a straight line in the dry but old #6 was a smidge faster in the wet(water cooling). I seem to recall that we were doing something around 160Kmh. We had them under brakes and round some corners as they had less clearance. Jim Steadman and Dennis Charlotte showed them the way good and proper up till they took each other out at turn 1.

Buckets4Me
5th October 2008, 21:14
the new part we will be racing on is a dam sight shorter than the old strait :doh:

it's not 12 miles long anymore so I wouldn't gear for those sorta speeds :no:

see you on the weekend if you got ya bike ready yet

racer40
6th October 2008, 06:31
buckets 4 me is correct , the front straight is not very long so the bikes cant get up to full speed anyway, & if you are a half decent rider can make up heaps of ground on the corners

bucketracer
6th October 2008, 07:39
My mother :angry2: wants to know if trainer wheels will be allowed. :cold: and will the other children play nice.

F5 Dave
6th October 2008, 09:41
Hence what I was saying about the gearing. Will need to be lower than std road gearing.

bucketracer
6th October 2008, 15:33
Thanks F5 and Racer40, I will run a smaller than std stock sprocket on the front, maybe one tooth less and see how it goes.

F5 Dave
6th October 2008, 15:50
reasonable estimate,:scooter:

racer40
6th October 2008, 16:04
mr bucket racer if you want trainer wheels get a sidecar, &of course the other riders will take it easy on you!!!!!!!!, well maybe not those S I ones

Kickaha
6th October 2008, 17:00
if you are a half decent rider can make up heaps of ground on the corners

You'll be fucked then :lol:

Buckets4Me
6th October 2008, 17:15
the first corner can see 10 buckets wide
it's all good

:Playnice:

Buckets4Me
6th October 2008, 17:18
also I'm sure one of the fast guys from auckland said he was sighning up for taupo
and another 2 said they where out somewhere racing and couldn't make taupo

CM2005
7th October 2008, 14:18
I'll be there fella's, and my old man with his top secret new bike.. mine'll be sporting a few changes too..
Hey, Buckets4me, who's in your pit?? can i steal a corner?

Buckets4Me
7th October 2008, 14:50
not a problem

if half the people we promised space to turn up then it's goning to be full
but ye come and stay
I heard you'r engine was getting there
and we have been having fun with the bikes this end
a few changes for Taupo this year from us

racer40
7th October 2008, 15:09
pit garage 4 has been booked by another auck bucket, he may have some room as he only has 2 bikes, unless he has invited others. i will find out this weekend.

Skunk
7th October 2008, 15:26
I still have space in mine - but we're a bit cooler than the others as we're from Wellington...

See the first post in this thread.

dangerous
7th October 2008, 18:12
I'll be there fella's,
make sure you lot intro ya selves now, be my last visit that way for a while.

I still have space in mine - but we're a bit cooler than the others as we're from Wellington...

hahaha... no sorry mate, but you can and will only be cooler cos you will have a Cantab in your pit, cos 1 cantab will make a pit full of wellingtonions look cool even on a bad day. :rolleyes:

Buckets4Me
8th October 2008, 07:46
AHA so thats why we pull with the chics more

WE ARE HOTTER :jerry:

lol see ya there and name badges with both real(KB names) and the ones our mothers gave us ?????

:shifty: bring ya sister :doh:

CM2005
8th October 2008, 08:50
I'll be in my Zebra leathers... if you don't see me, then im probably not wearing them.

Buckets4Me
8th October 2008, 09:00
reverse logic

if not in camo (zebra stripes)
cant tell who I am

Skunk
8th October 2008, 09:34
My bikes are labelled with Stink Racing and Norf Welly Massif. If you don't see that you passed me going too fast.

F5 Dave
8th October 2008, 09:54
My 50 is resplendent in black with a blue flame motive at the front (never tell a painter to 'surprise me'). The 100 I'm riding is just plain ugly, black & blue & yellow don't mix.

Trudes
8th October 2008, 16:13
I'll be the only Wellington bucket chick by the sounds of things, and you can't really miss Pamela, she's the sweet white thing with the porn on the tank and the broken arse!

Buckets4Me
8th October 2008, 17:47
Hope you are taking a soft pillow for her

you wont miss us we will be next door with all the gp125's

all4A50s
8th October 2008, 18:29
Wanizami will be there in all her white glory. How many more events are there in Wellington?

Slingshot
8th October 2008, 18:51
Wanizami will be there in all her white glory. How many more events are there in Wellington?

2 more events:
Funday 26-10-08
Enduro 23-11-08

dangerous
8th October 2008, 19:04
lol see ya there and name badges with both real(KB names) and the ones our mothers gave us ?????

:shifty: bring ya sister :doh:

Ill have my KB shirt on and I cant remember the last time some one actually called me by the name me old ladie gave me.
Mate... once ya meet me and I look beter than my sister, you wont wnat me to bring her :apint:

My bikes are...
MEH... meet you

My 50 is... The 100 I'm riding is just plain ugly, black & blue & yellow don't mix.and you, ya aint wrong about that hundie but by fuk it flys.

I'll be the... as for you, how youuuuuuu doing, cant wait to catch up again :whistle:

Skunk
8th October 2008, 19:10
Ill have my KB shirt on and I cant remember the last time some one actually called me by the name me old ladie gave me.
Mate... once ya meet me and I look beter than my sister, you wont wnat me to bring her :apint:

Who invited you anyway?

Trudes
8th October 2008, 19:44
as for you, how youuuuuuu doing, cant wait to catch up again :whistle:

I knew you loved the ribbing.... :lol:

SHELRACING
9th October 2008, 19:45
Granma here.
I was going to ride my little Honda 100 in F5.......but

Steve has built himself a new bike, 'The Delta', so I now have his hand-me-down. The fxr/loncin 150cc, which I really like riding. Bike goes a lot faster than I can ride it, but I just love the Taupo track on a bucket.
Those corners are sooooo big and wide, it's heavenly. I'm now going to change from F5 and ride in the GP on Sat.
See ya all down there. Will try and get some time to visit all you city slickers in the sheds. :doh:

Buckets4Me
10th October 2008, 07:36
Bring some hot milo for us will ya

Rashika
10th October 2008, 10:04
I suppose I will need to bring some cheerleading pompoms, but dont expect any jumping up and down or screaming or stuff, nor a short skirt either. :laugh:

Unless the screaming is from early labour of course

Skunk
25th October 2008, 07:31
I've booked two pits (one double) at Taupo for the TRRS (27-28th Dec) and am taking bookings. The more the cheaper - but it will be limited to 16ish. $400 is the total cost.

Pit spaces booked (max 16ish):
1 all4A50s
2 Dangerous
1 Nudemetalz
1 Sully60
1 F5 Dave
1 AJturbo
1 Bungbung
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
5 left (current total price per bike: $36.40)

I'm also taking a trailer of Buckets to the meet and currently have spaces left for those in Welly (or en-route). Cost is equivalent to $30 in todays money (diesel prices...) return. I'll be going up on the 26th to Napier at this stage. Staying at the track 27-28. Those who have booked on the trailer - who wants shares in the pit?

1 Nudemetalz
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
4 left

Anyone else want to add their names to this list?

koba
25th October 2008, 14:58
Anyone else want to add their names to this list?

Would I be hated for asking to be included with the RG...?

Only if there is still spare space,
Buckets first and all of course.

Skunk
25th October 2008, 15:02
No problem for me... Are you asking for trailer space or pit space or both?

racer40
25th October 2008, 18:40
hi skunk, just to check,as i think your last post was wrong. you guys are now in pit garages 5 & 6 next to the aucks buckets. & according to your list you have people in your garage who may not have entered yet as i only have 7 wellys (1 with 2 bikes ) they are dave, chris, sue, nigel, trudi, george & yourself. 34 bikes now entered in combined class on the sunday, will take 42 cu lata, chris

Skunk
25th October 2008, 21:08
I don't know who Sue is... Dangerous is from Chch. Bungbung and Sully60 may not have entered yet. Will check tomorrow.

I've fixed the detail about which pits - 5 & 6 near pit entry.

racer40
27th October 2008, 09:49
hi skunk, in f4, 11 aucks, 5 wellys, 2 northland, 2 taumaranui & 2 chch. In f5 3 wellys, 1 hamilton, 4 aucks but i know of more coming in both classes. do you have any contact with hawkes bay buckets? to let them know about it. sue from welly is on a f5

koba
27th October 2008, 09:58
Both if there is room.

koba
27th October 2008, 10:00
I wont be on the bucket list, being on a streetstock and all.
My task is just to try not to be embarrased by old men on fast buckets....:msn-wink:

Skunk
27th October 2008, 16:21
Both if there is room.
There is more. One space in each booked.

Nasty
27th October 2008, 17:24
I don't know who Sue is... Dangerous is from Chch. Bungbung and Sully60 may not have entered yet. Will check tomorrow.

I've fixed the detail about which pits - 5 & 6 near pit entry.

Would Sue be Duke Girl ... Rustys partner?

Buckets4Me
27th October 2008, 18:37
I know of a few more aucklanders who havent sighed in yet but should do

koba
27th October 2008, 20:08
Chur!

tenchars

Skunk
27th October 2008, 22:17
Would Sue be Duke Girl ... Rustys partner?
Sent her an email - she's confirmed it's her (Dukegirl). Doesn't need a pit though.

Skunk
27th October 2008, 22:17
I know of a few more aucklanders who havent sighed in yet but should do
Excellent. Should be a good night Saturday.

dangerous
28th October 2008, 05:11

remember I have 2 bikes...

Skunk
28th October 2008, 06:19
I remember... (greedy bastard)

Kickaha
28th October 2008, 18:20
remember I have 2 bikes...

How many of them go? :lol:

dangerous
28th October 2008, 18:23
ammm well... good question :doh:

Buckets4Me
28th October 2008, 19:20

they are both going :no:

to TAUPO :doh:

dangerous
28th October 2008, 19:50
they are both going

to TAUPO :doh:
yes but i have a bit of work ahead of me 1st.

Skunk
28th October 2008, 20:44
Do an 'AJ' and take them anyway!

CM2005
29th October 2008, 08:29
LOL, i'm helping dad get his one going before taupo, just had the chamber put in mine yesterday.

speedpro
29th October 2008, 13:36
Entry has been posted. Now just all the usual stuff to sort - like where have those horsepower gone? Should probably get "super bucket motor" going, then I can crash at really high speed(for a bucket).

racer40
5th November 2008, 10:08
yep speedpro got your entry, does anyone know how to get hold of hawkes bay buckets ?

Bert
9th November 2008, 19:47
This looks like this is going to be great meeting.

So I spend the day; digging out the "SCUD" from the far corner of the shed.
After some new gas and a couple of painful hours she poped into life upsetting the street... (a bit loud - TBA).

So now I'm motivated for Taupo if it not to late.

Check will be in the mail once wifey gives me the go ahead.
Bert

Buckets4Me
9th November 2008, 19:53
Not another dam fxr:dodge:
hang on what is that engine you have there
a 2 smoker :dodge:
:Playnice: what are all the fxr riders going to say

CM2005
9th November 2008, 20:22
seat looks a tad uncomfortable there bert ;)

Bert
9th November 2008, 20:30
seat looks a tad uncomfortable there bert ;)

hum yes. new one is sitting up to the left, just needs another layer of glass.

Skunk
9th November 2008, 21:01
Also I have found a old AX100 sitting in a shed, runs and in mint order, though dereg'ed ~ 400 ono.
Are you really trying to sell an AX100 for $400? I'm looking for a bare frame from one.

racer40
18th November 2008, 15:23
hi guys & girls we now have 42 bikes for combined races on the sunday, but just realised 5 riders are in f5 & f4 & cant ride both at the same time the next day so still 5 spots left on the grid for sunday. acceptence forms are on the way in next couple of days.

CM2005
19th November 2008, 09:20
42 bikes!!! man turn 1, lap 1 is going to be carnage!!

Skunk
19th November 2008, 09:39
The updated first post:
1 bert
1 koba
1 all4A50s
2 Dangerous
1 Nudemetalz
1 F5 Dave
1 Bungbung
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
5 spaces left (current total price per bike: $36.50)

I'm also taking a trailer of Buckets to the meet and currently have spaces left for those in Welly (or en-route). Pick up day for out of towners would be 26th Dec.

1 koba
1 Nudemetalz
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
4 spaces left

42 bikes!!! man turn 1, lap 1 is going to be carnage!!You're worried about 42 bikes? You should go to the Battle of the Buckets... 40+ bikes into a HAIRPIN!

Feckin' awesome!

Sketchy_Racer
19th November 2008, 10:58

Makes it all the fun mate!!

Buddha#81
19th November 2008, 11:11

We run 40-45 buckets down here at our club meets, as long as the fast guys start off the front it wont be too bad. Unfortuatly you have people turning up from all over, so those that may be fast at home may struggle at Taupo.

Skunk
19th November 2008, 12:04
We run 40-45 buckets down here at our club meets, as long as the fast guys start off the front it wont be too bad. Unfortuatly you have people turning up from all over, so those that may be fast at home may struggle at Taupo.
So... are you coming along?

CM2005
19th November 2008, 14:03
man i can't wait?!

Buddha#81
19th November 2008, 15:30
So... are you coming along?

Nope.....Dangerous will have to be our representative:wacko: . Next time I'll be more organised.

Skunk
19th November 2008, 15:49
Nope.....Dangerous will have to be our representative:wacko: . Next time I'll be more organised.
Oh dear. That's like me being the rep for the Northies at BoB.

TZ350
19th November 2008, 17:32

I don't know if I will be fast or slow, who cares! I am just looking forward to riding Taupo and meeting other Buckiters. I would love to make it to the next BoB. even if its a bit :cold: down there.

Skunk
21st November 2008, 10:00
Update:

1 bert
1 koba
1 all4A50s
2 Dangerous
1 Nudemetalz
1 F5 Dave
1 Trudes
1 Kendog
1 Skunk
------------
6 left (current total price per bike: $40.00)

Bert
22nd November 2008, 06:05
When do you want the money Skunk ?
Another stupid question, what time do we have to get there by on the 27th?

Skunk
22nd November 2008, 08:44
Money on the day. The arrival time will be in the 'acceptance pack' but it's been casual in previous years. I turned up at 10am one year - no problem, just missed a practice by the time I got my shit sorted. I think they open the pits at 8am(?).