PDA

View Full Version : Service Record is where?

Antallica
28th August 2003, 12:09
Hi guys, I was asked about a service record for my FXR from a possibly buyer and I honestly never bothered to get one when I bought it. Where can I get info on such a thing?

merv
28th August 2003, 12:44
If you bought it new you should have got a manual with it and a service booklet that usually has the warranty info in it too. The service booklet has pages the shop can fill out as you get it serviced usually starting with the initial service at 1000 kms or whatever was specified for your bike.

If someone asks for the service record they are probably wanting to see that your bike has been serviced and the book filled out.

If you service it yourself, make sure you fill out the book yourself - dates, kms, what you did etc.

If you tossed that away when you bought the bike, but still got it serviced at the shop they may have kept some sort of record.

If you bought the bike second hand did the first owner toss the book away?

Other than that there will be no record.

Antallica
28th August 2003, 12:56
I didn't get it when the 1st owner sold me it.
No record, alrighty then.

Whoops, I should have had this thing serviced 2,000km ago. Ahh it has no probs atm.

bikerboy
28th August 2003, 13:43
If you don't have a formal record, often things like reciepts will suffice to show what, who and when works was done.:)

Lee Rusty
29th August 2003, 00:16
if you didnt get one with bike - start one today for your info and the next buyer . All you need is a note book and keep record of all your oil changes mileages, tyres chains etc you will soon be able to predict when things are coming due.

Keep the date and mileage of everything you do or have done.

A white board in the garage with when your next oil change is due is also a good idea

I start a book with every bike I get - and do first oil change the day I get it so I have a reference point - can put in back of manual if you get one with the bike