PDA

View Full Version : First Time

airplane
5th January 2005, 19:22
I had my first off rode experience during the holidays. Fortunately, this was an entirely planned experience! In fact it was with Kiwi Dirtbike Adventures in the Kinleith forest near Taupo.

I took a half day 'experience' and loved every strenuous second. The owner, Cameron Jefferies, took me and a friend out with all the gears: Suzuki 250 and a Yamaha 250 dirt bikes,boots, clothing etc. Showed us the ropes and gave us a whole range of different terrains within the confines of the forest area. I dropped the Suzie (more, falling sideways into banks etc) about 8 times and ended up getting absolutely stuffed.

For those who haven't tried off road I guarantee you'll love it!

And if you are in the Taupo area, Cameron runs a very good business. He has a website [www.kiwiadventures.co.nz] with all necessary contacts; a great guy.

Returning from Taupo to Lower Hutt on Tuesday (on the z1000) was also a great ride. Excellent roads (especially Taupo - Napier) and good weather the whole way. Even the 'takas were largely free of cars (around 6.30 pm) so that was a bonus. When there is plenty of traffic around (as there was for much of the way) it really makes biking the way to go - so easy to pass and keep0 a reasonable avaerage speed. Add good weather and roads and the combo is unbeatable.

Posh Tourer :P
5th January 2005, 19:48
Man, I'm going to have to give it a go now....:crazy:

6Chris6
5th January 2005, 20:02
Tried to do that in Queenstown to get my bike fix, but the miserable pricks wouldn't let me unless it was a quad, even though i got a bike licence
They said you have to be an experienced off roader :wacko:
Oh well next time i know what to do.......Lie

Gasman
8th January 2005, 07:00
So, how do they expect you to become an experienced off road rider.........?

jrandom
8th January 2005, 08:20
Hey, that half-day ride they do out of Taupo looks *way* cool. Mrs Random would probably be very keen.

Of course, she'll have to go get her 6L first... hmmm.

Wellyman
8th January 2005, 11:27
Hit the dirt! It is fun I have been riding for a few years and lovit it. i'm addicted to motorcycles