PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: M-a-p

Kittyhawk
23rd June 2008, 16:05
Mondays At Panmure.

Im starting up the learning nights again as it keeps being requested.

When - August 4th
Where - Panmure Mobil next to the big roundabout.
Time - Depart at 7pm
Who - anyone welcome to come learn/improve their riding skills.

This will be run every 2nd Monday for now as its winter, during summer we will decide as a group weather to keep it fortnightly or make it weekly over the summer period. If its raining it will be cancelled. I'll post up the following date when the next session will be.

More towards summer we will be at some stage covering wet weather riding. Monthly short rides will be decided on case by case. Our choice as a group to have it on a Monday night or weekend day.

Please note I am not a qualified instructor and this is voluntary, so any info given is entirely up to the individual as to weather they accept it or not. I will NOT tolerate dangerous riding, showing off or stunts.

ALL riders who attend have to participate in the exercises, I too will also demonstrate the exercises and give things a go. We are all bikers and are there to meet others, have good laughs and fun along the path of riding and learning. :headbang:

fizbin
23rd June 2008, 16:20
Do you think my wife will let me out to nights a week or do you think that is pushing it?:pinch:
Awsome of you to start another one of these Kitty Big ups to you!:2thumbsup

TOTO
23rd June 2008, 19:11
Go Kitty go .

Due to work I cant currently do the AWNR , but will definately be keen for the MAP :yes:

Wey to go Kitty :niceone:

Hope badger wont scrape pegs and elbows so often. Now that Gina has been replaced and all...:whistle:

Cr1MiNaL
23rd June 2008, 20:03
So whose teaching again ??

Kittyhawk
24th June 2008, 13:08
Some random :soon:

Dakara
24th June 2008, 15:09
Hrmm, close to home....:2thumbsup

howdamnhard
25th June 2008, 21:53
Well done Kitty,see you there from the second one on.Keep up the good work:clap::clap:.Hope your necks feeling better.

Kittyhawk
26th June 2008, 14:47
Just a note for those concerned - When we meet at Panmure Mobil, we will ride for about 5 mins to the location. The streets are lit. This is not like AWNMR where there is open road riding at the start of the session.

The open road night riding is a seperate thing, reason for this is because not everyone is comfortable riding at night or on unknown roads. We will stick together as a group when we ride etc.

here is the link for our online clubroom lol
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=56

At this stage I still can't ride and am still typing one handed :no: have been pillion here and there but my shoulder and arm are still giving me grief. Thats why I set the date in August, But it looks doubtful that I will be riding by then.

portokiwi
26th June 2008, 15:14
I cant join the MAP group and its nice and close to home.
It wont let me

portokiwi
26th June 2008, 15:15
You have a great idea there helping.:woohoo:

Kittyhawk
26th June 2008, 17:11
No worries Portokiwi :Punk:

I dont quite believe in the whole "Mentor" status etc. You can be riding a 250, and be an experienced rider for years.

Its like this, We all have some experience at riding, we have skills, keep an open mind try new tyechniques, its just a matter of finding your own riding groove and becoming that step closer where the bike and you are one.

What works for one rider and their bike may not suit you and your bike.....I look at it like this "every bike and rider has their own special powers" :chase:

portokiwi
26th June 2008, 17:23
Thanks for that I look forward to going... was riding since 16 but after getting hit twice both at night last one was in the rain. Put me off riding for about 4 years. Only started back overseas only a year and a bit ago only riding when I was on leave. I am not ashamed to say that riding at night or in the wet weather puts my balls in my chest. I have had too the last week due to the crappy weather here in Auckland. Day time I am ok just getting use to the 900. We need a reverse on these bikes lol.:doh:

Kittyhawk
26th June 2008, 18:10
Thanks for that I look forward to going... was riding since 16 but after getting hit twice both at night last one was in the rain. Put me off riding for about 4 years. Only started back overseas only a year and a bit ago only riding when I was on leave. I am not ashamed to say that riding at night or in the wet weather puts my balls in my chest. I have had too the last week due to the crappy weather here in Auckland. Day time I am ok just getting use to the 900. We need a reverse on these bikes lol.:doh:
aww! well regardless of experience, its nice meeting local riders in the area;) Kool that you gave it another go at the night riding, Ive seen an RF riding past my place on the odd occasion. For me I used to ride every friday night after i finished work at 9pm, best way to wind down for the week. Little steps and youll get there.:hug:

Badger8
27th June 2008, 16:04
Go Kitty go .

Due to work I cant currently do the AWNR , but will definately be keen for the MAP :yes:

Wey to go Kitty :niceone:

Hope badger wont scrape pegs and elbows so often. Now that Gina has been replaced and all...:whistle:

Hey, Monday's At Panmure (When it was running last year) was where i learnt to scrape pegs, yeah baby! :Punk:
Glad to see it starting up again Kitty :yes:
I will be there as soon as i'm bak from NP (hopefully by then! :D)
Will have to get pegs down on White Lightning next! :bleh:

But in all seriousness, those who are thinking of attending, DO IT! I came along to these when i was just learning the very basics, and it made me the rider i am today. Without Kitty's help on these nights, i would've been mounted in the back (or side) of multiple cars by now. On ya Kitty! :niceone:

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 15:43
I will be there as soon as i'm bak from NP (hopefully by then! :D)

UMMM is that the noodle palace or newbie place???:angry::sick:

Badger8
28th June 2008, 15:46
UMMM is that the noodle palace or newbie place???:angry::sick:

*Slurps up last noodle* erm... New Plymouth... Really :laugh:
Should be back by then, just workin stuff out on calender :2thumbsup

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 15:49
*Slurps up last noodle* erm... New Plymouth... Really :laugh:
Should be back by then, just workin stuff out on calender :2thumbsup

Bloody asian fulla huh?! Ill bring some chopsticks along and poke ya

Badger8
28th June 2008, 15:53
Bloody asian fulla huh?! Ill bring some chopsticks along and poke ya

oooohh... me rikee chopschtik... Me bling flied lice... :rofl:
maybe i give you poke latar? :Pokey:

oh ffs... this is how rumours get started :laugh:

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 15:58
oooohh... me rikee chopschtik... Me bling flied lice... :rofl:
maybe i give you poke latar? :Pokey:

oh ffs... this is how rumours get started :laugh:

got the strap on where do ya wanna be poked?:mad: damn cant get my knee down this time:oi-grr:

arj127
28th June 2008, 16:00
[QUOTE=maybe i give you poke latar? QUOTE]

Get in the cue Badger :cool:

Badger8
28th June 2008, 16:00
damn cant get my knee down this time:oi-grr:

NOOB!
Better get along to Mondays at Panmure then! :sunny:

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 16:03
[quote=maybe i give you poke latar? QUOTE]

Get in the cue Badger :cool:

Uhh ohh....looks like badger has competition here....he can have sloopy seconds!

NOOB!
Better get along to Mondays at Panmure then! :sunny:

Cant go....dont want some old fart boring as hell wastimg my time :msn-wink:

Badger8
28th June 2008, 16:04
Uhh ohh....looks like badger has competition here....he can have sloopy seconds!

I dont like to share my toys :bleh:
Said on my report card from kindy "Does not play well with others" :lol:

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 16:07
Youll learn! just dot go stealing the cones during the exercises you'll upset the other riders

EJK
28th June 2008, 16:09
Today is Saturday..... So 2 more days to go :cool:

Kittyhawk
28th June 2008, 16:10
Today is Saturday..... So 2 more days to go :cool:

Lmao! starts in august:shutup:

EJK
28th June 2008, 16:11
I saw that..... <_<
I was about to edit.... <_<

Badger8
28th June 2008, 16:13
I saw that..... <_<
I was about to edit.... <_<

Nother noob! :bleh:
You got the fuxr back on the road yet EJ?

EJK
28th June 2008, 16:17
yeah fuxed ages ago ;)

Jantar
28th June 2008, 16:35
Hey, Monday's At Panmure (When it was running last year) was where i learnt to scrape pegs, yeah baby! :Punk:

One of the very reasons why the old KB mentor scheme was shut down. Mentoring is about helping people to reach their potential safely. Scraping pegs is never doing it safely as that is the last resort action when things have already gone wrong. :angry:

EJK
28th June 2008, 16:46
One of the very reasons why the old KB mentor scheme was shut down. Mentoring is about helping people to reach their potential safely. Scraping pegs is never doing it safely as that is the last resort action when things have already gone wrong. :angry:

ouch :pinch:

Srsly whats with the wheelie and peg scraping Badger? lol

Badger8
28th June 2008, 16:47

For the record that was on a GN, so sod all lean angle got the pegs down. And for me it was about learning and confidence getting further over in lean, learning where my internal gyroscope said "NO MORE", and where the bikes safe working limits were, building confidence in my cornering so that as you say, when things go wrong, i have the confidence to know that i can get further over if needed, and know how she'd react to various inputs.
With the GN it was heel touchdown, then later peg touchdown was the furthest i took it in the controlled environment and relative safety of 1st gear circles in an empty culdesac. Having that confidence in my machine and my own abilities has saved my butt on a few occasions when i have found myself in an "oh-shit" situation.

For the record i am not encouraging people to ride around with pegs down on the road, and did not mean for it to come across as such. If you ride at the limits (of either yourself or your machine), you have no room left if something doesnt go exactly as you expected. I do however believe it is important to know where those limits are, so that you can ride within them, and know that you are able to apply them if needed.

TOTO
29th June 2008, 11:56
For the record ...

For the record i am not ...

My client would like to plead Not Guilty your honour.

He just happened to be there when it happened... :Police:

portokiwi
29th June 2008, 12:03
:msn-wink:looking forward to the hands on kitty

Nagash
29th June 2008, 12:13

A few points of my own,

The mentors are obviously not going to tell people to scrape their pegs, and the exercises and easily achievable without getting anyway near that low, even on a GN. But the point of going is to push beyond what you already know and try something new. It's how we learn. It's why on group rides people's skill will increase in leaps and bounds because they push themselves, just takes the individual to know when enough is enough.

And also, on a cruiser you tend to scrape pegs extremely easily. It's why they have an extra plate of metal welded to the bottom of the foot peg, and why the foot peg can lift up. It's hardly dangerous, it's a good indication of your maximum lean angle before you start scraping the frame of the bike, that's your limit on a cruiser.

I don't see where all the angst against the mentor rides is coming from, everyone rides safely. Everyone comes back next week beaming about what they'd learned from the week before and how it'd improved their riding, avoided a potential accident, whatever. People bin, very rarely. Every bin on a training ride i've seen myself was pretty much at a standstill and it just falls over. (Except my own bin.. that was my fault)

---

Anyway,

I'll probably be attenting the Monday's aswell then, looks good :headbang:

arj127
29th June 2008, 12:31
:msn-wink:looking forward to the hands on kitty

When can i get my hands on Kitty?? :whistle:

portokiwi
29th June 2008, 12:36
or private training:innocent:

Kittyhawk
29th June 2008, 13:01
Please take a number based on your experience....:shutup: back of the line!!

Jantar
29th June 2008, 13:19
When can i get my hands on Kitty?? :whistle:
Damn, I'm at the other end of the country so it likes I'll never get my hands on Kitty. :Oops:

Kittyhawk
1st July 2008, 14:44
or private training:innocent:

Why, what ever did you have in mind??:sweatdrop

Damn, I'm at the other end of the country so it likes I'll never get my hands on Kitty. :Oops:
AWW hunny!!! Heres a hug!!!:spanking: oos wrong icon haha

fizbin
1st July 2008, 19:30
Please take a number based on your experience....:shutup: back of the line!!

Oldest and more experienced first!

Badger8
4th July 2008, 22:42
My client would like to plead Not Guilty your honour.

He just happened to be there when it happened... :Police:

Good afterble constanoon :Police: *hic*
i aint not been drinkin... me no function beer well without *hic* :lol:

Spiderpig
6th July 2008, 14:40
Might have to come by and see what its all about.:wari:

EJK
20th July 2008, 00:05
Comming soon?

Badger8
20th July 2008, 09:54
Comming soon?

2 weeks from tmrw... mummy not teach you to read a calender? :bleh:

Kittyhawk
22nd July 2008, 12:10
:drinknsin:drinknsin:drinknsin:drinknsin:drinknsin

EJK
22nd July 2008, 12:12
Yay I can't wait...

TOTO
23rd July 2008, 23:13
me too , I wanna I wanna I wanna ...:D:D

Choco
23rd July 2008, 23:30
I might buzz on over with TOTO and come along too, where one hornet goes the swarm follows lol. :niceone:

Kittyhawk
23rd July 2008, 23:43
Got no room for the hornet clan....only room for sexy bikes:dodge:

Badger8
25th July 2008, 01:27
Got no room for the hornet clan....only room for sexy bikes:dodge:

Fine, you can walk then ya tart! :bleh: :dodge:

ozrobo
27th July 2008, 01:02
got a mate who should tag along ill let him know

Kittyhawk
2nd August 2008, 12:39
If it's raining Monday will be cancelled.

TOTO
2nd August 2008, 23:16
well how do we know if its raining there or not ?

Jantar
3rd August 2008, 07:58
well how do we know if its raining there or not ?
It's Auckland: If it isn't raining just wait half an hour and it will be. :Pokey:

Choco
3rd August 2008, 17:52
:crybaby:
Got dragged into working tomorrow so can't come.
Flip side is: closer to new leathers :D

Madness
3rd August 2008, 18:05
It's Auckland: If it isn't raining just wait half an hour and it will be. :Pokey:

Sheesh! Get it right man.

In half an hour it's probably rained then cleared, rained and cleared again, then rained some more.

imw-hornet
3rd August 2008, 19:34
This sounds good , will pop in tomorrow night and also get to meet some of the posters to KB :cool:

Kittyhawk
3rd August 2008, 20:31
I will no longer be an active member of KB in regards to posting. I will be looking for someone to run the MAP thread for me....as in I will get that person to confirm if its on or not for that week.

I rather just turn up help out and leave it at that. The person chosen will be confirmed at the first meeting of MAP.

If the weather looks doubful or any hint of rain it will be called off. The next session will be held 2 weeks from the 4th of August..

Cya.

howdamnhard
4th August 2008, 00:02
I will no longer be an active member of KB in regards to posting. I will be looking for someone to run the MAP thread for me....as in I will get that person to confirm if its on or not for that week.

I rather just turn up help out and leave it at that. The person chosen will be confirmed at the first meeting of MAP.

If tomorrow is cancelled the next session will be held 2 weeks from Monday.

Cya.

UUUURRRR, now what has gone and happened?:buggerd: So is MAP on or not tomorrow night?

Kittyhawk
4th August 2008, 15:22
Tonight is going to go ahead

imw-hornet
4th August 2008, 17:30
Yea ha ,,:banana:,, will see you then

Cheers
:woohoo:

imw-hornet
4th August 2008, 22:12
Hi All

Well what can i say about tonight ,,,,,, Thanks man :clap:,,, it was great and cant wait for the next one :niceone:

Badger8
4th August 2008, 22:20
Hi All

Well what can i say about tonight ,,,,,, Thanks man :clap:,,, it was great and cant wait for the next one :niceone:

indeed :clap:
Also, i've got the next couple of weeks off, and will be riding whenever the weather allows (and sometimes when it doesnt :laugh:), so anyone feel free to drop me a PM if ya feel like a ride and want some company :2thumbsup

skidMark
11th August 2008, 18:02
on tonight?

imw-hornet
11th August 2008, 21:41
on tonight?

Hi skidMark ,,, its on next week ,,,, runs every 2nd week :)

Badger8
18th August 2008, 15:37
LOOK AT THAT WEATHER! :sunny:
MAP is all go for tonight... Be there! :wari:

TOTO
18th August 2008, 17:55
i'm there. leaving nw :p

TOTO
18th August 2008, 21:07
useful night tonight falks.
Shame mr Ej couldnt join us coz the FuXeR is still out of service :no:
Glad we had a nice dry road again. I came over at the shore and all roads were wet :doh:

Seems north shore is the moist side of Aucks :p

howdamnhard
18th August 2008, 21:36
Sorry couldn't make it tonight Kittyhawk, got the dreaded lurgy( Flu).

Badger8
18th August 2008, 22:36
useful night tonight falks.
Shame mr Ej couldnt join us coz the FuXeR is still out of service :no:

Is that thing EVER gonna get back in service? :bleh:

Glad we had a nice dry road again. I came over at the shore and all roads were wet :doh:

Seems north shore is the moist side of Aucks :p

Yeah well, you know what they say... Shore girls, sure thing... oh, right, the roads.. yeah, the were like.. umm.. damp 'n stuff :dodge:

Was a good night indeed, has highlighted a few MORE things that need fixing / adjusting on my bike :weep: why cant she just stop having problems? :weep:

fizbin
19th August 2008, 06:52
mmmmmmmmmmm shore girls!:spanking::love:

cruisn1
19th August 2008, 19:58
HI, when is the next ride, this is exactly what I need, and would love to come and learn

Badger8
19th August 2008, 20:03
HI, when is the next ride, this is exactly what I need, and would love to come and learn

1st of Sept, would be good to see ya there! :yes:

Badger8
31st August 2008, 20:19
Looks like the weather will be okay tomorrow night, possibility of a light shower or two, so at this stage she's all go!
I wont be able to make it tho, workin a 16h shift tomorrow! :shit:
Have a good-un folks! :wari:

TOTO
1st September 2008, 11:18
doing an offensive driving course so I'm not there this time too.

Have fun

Nagash
1st September 2008, 15:21
And the first time I remember it.. my bikes farked.

MarkH
8th September 2008, 21:06
So, this thing is on next week if the weather is OK?

I only started riding a few weeks ago after close to 20 years of only car driving. I could probably do with a bit of practise with lots of stuff. Remembering to come along will probably be the hardest bit.

MarkH
8th September 2008, 21:17
here is the link for our online clubroom lol
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/group.php?groupid=56

Hmmm, invite only group.

Badger8
8th September 2008, 23:31
So, this thing is on next week if the weather is OK?

I only started riding a few weeks ago after close to 20 years of only car driving. I could probably do with a bit of practise with lots of stuff. Remembering to come along will probably be the hardest bit.

Will be on provided the weather is favourable :sunny:
Sounds like this sort of thing would do you the world of good mate :yes: Those first few weeks on the bike are the best time to form good habits, and learn good handling. It sure helped me a lot when i started out :banana:

Hmmm, invite only group.

Drop KittyHawk a PM, she'll flick ya an invite and add you to the email list to keep you up to date :)

portokiwi
9th September 2008, 08:14
Sorry I have been Working.

Badger8
13th September 2008, 00:31
Howdy y'all.
Kitty is currently down the line, and wont be back in time. So it's off this coming monday.
Pass the word along, as i dunno if everyone checks this thread or not.

Peace out y'all! :wari:

MarkH
22nd September 2008, 12:55
Is this on tonight? Or is it next week?

Badger8
22nd September 2008, 15:26
Is this on tonight? Or is it next week?

Next week.
It's too nice out now though, i'm going for a ride anyway! :sunny:

MarkH
29th September 2008, 16:22
Is it on tonight?

TOTO
29th September 2008, 19:09
not when its raining. and its raining.

MarkH
29th September 2008, 19:29
not when its raining. and its raining.

The weather wasn't so bad when I posted, but it got worse so I went the other direction to the pub to play poker instead. It went well till my KK ran into AA. :angry2:

Badger8
30th September 2008, 05:24
oh yeah... i remembered it was this week, but then forgot to post before i went to work, and just got home.
Try again in a fortnight. Should be better luck weather-wise now though :)

BANZAI
5th October 2008, 16:58
Hey it's kinda late to say but are you guys having one tomorrow?

I got restricted test on Tuesday morning, can you guys help me? :pinch:

Badger8
5th October 2008, 21:26
Hey it's kinda late to say but are you guys having one tomorrow?

I got restricted test on Tuesday morning, can you guys help me? :pinch:

Not on tomorrow, but i'll be around during the day if you get desperate (dont start work til 3pm tomorrow)
If ya really want some help drop me a line, i can run you through the sorta things they'll be lookin for in the test. Seriously tho, the R test is a piece of piss, just dont speed, be sure to head-check and indicate, and you should be fine :yes:

BANZAI
5th October 2008, 21:48
Not on tomorrow, but i'll be around during the day if you get desperate (dont start work til 3pm tomorrow)
If ya really want some help drop me a line, i can run you through the sorta things they'll be lookin for in the test. Seriously tho, the R test is a piece of piss, just dont speed, be sure to head-check and indicate, and you should be fine :yes:

Thanks, Mental-Trousers told me to send PM to mentors so I did and I probly going to gijoe's place at around 3pm so I guess I can't meet you.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Yea I heard it's easy and I did the car one ages ago and that was piss easy, so expecting similar thing to it, but yea just to be on safe side....

Badger8
5th October 2008, 22:57
Thanks, Mental-Trousers told me to send PM to mentors so I did and I probly going to gijoe's place at around 3pm so I guess I can't meet you.

Thanks for the help anyway :)

Yea I heard it's easy and I did the car one ages ago and that was piss easy, so expecting similar thing to it, but yea just to be on safe side....

Yep, GIJoe will set ya right. He's a good rider, and a good due to boot :yes:
All the best wih the R test! :sunny:

Max Preload
5th October 2008, 23:26
The weather wasn't so bad when I posted, but it got worse so I went the other direction to the pub to play poker instead. It went well till my KK ran into AA. :angry2:

Just as well a pair of spades didn't run into a KKK. That could have been a tad messy... :shit:

Badger8
6th October 2008, 23:00
OKAY PEEPS, LISTEN UP!

Kitty can no longer do mondays due to other commitments (for at least the next 4 weeks at least), so does tuesdays suit people? Or shall we just give it a rest for a bit?
Let me know your ideas. i havent been able to make it for quite a while, so not sure who the regulars are, or what sortof turnout there's been, so let me know your thoughts or ideas folks!

BANZAI
7th October 2008, 07:49
No more L-plate for me!!!! :done:

About times Monday is better for me coz Tuesday I have work (altho I never been to one, been to Wednesday one couple times)

gijoe1313
7th October 2008, 07:54
Well done Banzai, now you can take off the yellow plate of noobness and feel the moar freedom of the 6R! :done:

Badger8
7th October 2008, 09:38
No more L-plate for me!!!! :done:

Congrats! Easy test aye? :)

EJK
13th October 2008, 18:38
When is this on?

Badger8
13th October 2008, 19:10
When is this on?

Refer post #94.
There has been no response atall, so i guess it's shitcanned for now.

Kittyhawk
15th October 2008, 16:59
MEETING OCTOBER 29TH

7PM AT PANMURE MOBIL.

The DR will be there!!:whistle::whistle::whistle:

This will be an insight on what to look for when buying your next bike, and also how a bike reacts when something brakes such as front fork seals/leaks...front brakes warped, and well past their use by date, not to mention how to push start a bike.

Apart from the motor ticks, everything else is in miserable functioning order of some kind. And you will be asked to try various exercises using the bike. This will demonstrate how a faulty bike reacts to something like emergency braking. If the bike is dropped, its fine. (just dont snap the brake or clutch leavers)

THERE WILL BE NO STUNTING, OR STUPID BEHAVIOUR while riding the DR!! this is purely used under strict supervision and anyone who misuses the bike will be told to leave.

See ya there!!

skidMark
17th October 2008, 00:29
THERE WILL BE NO STUNTING, OR STUPID BEHAVIOUR while riding the DR!! this is purely used under strict supervision and anyone who misuses the bike will be told to leave.

See ya there!!

Fine i will bring the mountain bicycle of doom then. :angry2:

own you n00bz

Kittyhawk
17th October 2008, 10:06
Fine i will bring the mountain bicycle of doom then. :angry2:

own you n00bz

You have permission to demonstrate how a stoppie can go wrong but please ensure it is in slow motion so we can capture the moment.

Want to borrow my bicycle? :love:

Badger8
28th October 2008, 19:58
just checked up with Kitty and
Tomorrow Night's DR Session is CANCELLED

Will post up any updates when i get asked to...