PDA

View Full Version : The Nominations for "Classic Quote of the year 2004"

Racey Rider
6th January 2005, 08:33
I propose a yearly contest for "Classicist Quote" From the KB web site.
See: Classic KB Quotes (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=2590)

Winner has the right to have something embroded in small letter on their KB shirt to honer their achievement. (ie. "Best quote 04" or "Classicist Quote 04" or "Top Quote 04" or "CKBQ 04" or .....
What else would work??)

So, Pressing on without waiting for anyone elses opinion,

I (the creator of the Classic Quotes Thread) have chossen the

Nominations for "Classic Quote of the year 2004"

:mega: Drum roll please!

A. Originally Posted by bluninja
......alternatively we could just pay a standard 'fine' each year for speeding and save them the bother of going out to collect revenue.....demerit points will be done randomly by a draw system on Saturday night alongside Lotto.

B.Originally Posted by wkid_one
Drive round on a sunday and pick up some Real Estate Signs - they are fecken light, reasonably pliable and can be painted. And there you go - cheap fairings. Better still get a Real Estate Company to sponsor you and you won't need to paint them

C.Originally Posted by Urban Terrorist
...... It seems the guy in the green jeep behind me took exception to this and started to tailgate me rather closely.
.......I blew him a kiss (Kiss hand, wipe on butt, blow and smile sweetly)
As he took off again I looked over at the car next to me and shrugged my shoulders. Everyone in it was having a good laugh ...

D.Originally Posted by jrandom

Hah! What, exactly, was he expecting in reply to that?

"Yes, officer, I noticed you ages ago, and was doing my best to escape your clutches in the most illegal manner possible, but gee whiz whillikey, you just handled that Mazda like an absolute pro. I decided that I could not sustain the frightening pace of the chase, since I am not only a criminal fugitive, but a nancy-boy into the bargain."

E.originally posted by hitcher
"and boy racers in their WRXs who are all over the road like a mad woman's shit. Apart from that, it's quite a scenic ride."

F.Originally Posted by Jackrat
I would rather come across a cow on a back road than one in a Pajero at an intersection.

G.Originally Posted by :ar15: Paul in NZ (didn't he win the last contest?!!)
....A really intense time.. (You know, like when you bought your first condoms from the chemist and were so embarassed you had to buy a comb as well, even though you were 35 and bald)....

H.Originally Posted by :2thumbsup Racey Rider
This was first brought to my attention 5 minutes ago by my wife of 14 years.
Apparently,, I'm not "Getting it" as much lately because I spend too much time on here.

I.Originally Posted by bondagebunny
there appears to be no way out of this site - can i be unsubscribed please
+ Originally Posted by merv
I thought you got off on bondage - the ultimate thrill when there is no way out from it. Enjoy sucker!!! Just like you're handcuffed to the bed sucking on your scooter to get it going.

Congratulations to thoses Nominated.
Keep up the good work and maybe we'll see you back here Next year!

So a poll I give you!
10 days to vote
vote for as many as take your fancy (But not for Paul n NZ)
:first: Winner will be notifed of prize when we decide whats appropriate!

Coyote
6th January 2005, 08:38
Damn I'm not nominated :eek:

Racey Rider
6th January 2005, 08:48
Sorry,, Polls take time to create.

Riff Raff
6th January 2005, 08:49
:killingme :killingme :killingme
Who knew we had so much wit on this site.... Thank goodness my fart quotes didn't make it into the poll!!!

Sniper
6th January 2005, 11:05
Hehehe, I like and agree with all of them

Biff
6th January 2005, 11:13
can we nominate an anonymous nominator? or would that be an anomaly?

Hitcher
6th January 2005, 11:21
can we nominate an anonymous nominator? or would that be an anomaly?
Nominally, yes.

Blakamin
6th January 2005, 11:23
Paul_In_NZ's needs to have the whole story...... :killingme :killingme :killingme

toads
6th January 2005, 12:25
well seeing as scumdog's hilarious retort to dangerous's comment wasn't mentioned inthe poll cos it's a recent (as in jan 2005) comment I'd have to vote for hitcher, but I still can't stop laughing.
All you nominees are incredibly funny and witty at times, JRandom, posts something quirky and funny most days, hitcher's signatures are hysterical and NC30 chick, consistently has me smiling.

Krayy
6th January 2005, 12:26
F.Originally Posted by Jackrat
I would rather come across a cow on a back road than one in a Pajero at an intersection.

This one reminds me of a Gary Larsen cartoon. Oh, and them beeyatches in their Remuera Tractors who try to run your ass down.

toads
6th January 2005, 12:28
:killingme :killingme :killingme
Who knew we had so much wit on this site.... Thank goodness my fart quotes didn't make it into the poll!!!

yes indeedy!! lol, that's just a common phrase in our household, doesn't even raise an eyebrow nowadays, we are a particularly uncouth and vile lot down here, you'll have to watch out for us! :crazy:

Racey Rider
7th January 2005, 18:32
More voters needed. (ie. I haven't won yet!)

Riff Raff
7th January 2005, 19:07
yes indeedy!! lol, that's just a common phrase in our household, doesn't even raise an eyebrow nowadays, we are a particularly uncouth and vile lot down here, you'll have to watch out for us! :crazy:
You have to admit tho, it would make a great T-shirt - the first quote on the front, and the second on the back!

Racey Rider
7th January 2005, 20:17
You have to admit tho, it would make a great T-shirt - the first quote on the front, and the second on the back!

Is that the offer of a PRIZE?! :eek:

Redstar
7th January 2005, 20:33
I have voted for you on the basis of your persistant canvassing and a the slimey way you are trying to engratiate yourself and prostitute yourself in such a blatent and selfish "me me" style. I like that in a person someone who will trample others into the dust and win by all means fair or foul..

:finger:

Riff Raff
7th January 2005, 20:35
Well if people want t-shirts talking about my farts then.... ummm... actually I think I'd be very worried :blink:

mini_hooks_
7th January 2005, 20:41
Well if people want t-shirts talking about my farts then.... ummm... actually I think I'd be very worried :blink:

and why wouldn't you be...it would seem to be a funny thing to want wouldn't it!!! :doobey: :bash: :lol:

mini_hooks_
7th January 2005, 22:39
my vote goes to jrandom because he always has a decent quote... :apint:

ajturbo
7th January 2005, 22:52

and you have invited us to stay at your place??????????
what will you teach my son?

Racey Rider
8th January 2005, 07:36
I have voted for you on the basis of your persistant canvassing and a the slimey way you are trying to engratiate yourself and prostitute yourself in such a blatent and selfish "me me" style. I like that in a person someone who will trample others into the dust and win by all means fair or foul..

:finger:

Yer Good on ya!

I'll take it anyway I can get it! :2thumbsup

a win that is! :o

Racey Rider
8th January 2005, 07:39

It's only jrandom winning at the moment, so the prize doesn't have to be to flash! ;)

moko
8th January 2005, 08:47
I`m sure Zed merits a special award for his "5 quotes per post" efforts in the Religious Ravings thread last year.How about a nice T-shirt with "Allah Achbar" embroidered on it?

Redstar
9th January 2005, 20:52
Yer Good on ya!

I'll take it anyway I can get it! :2thumbsup

a win that is! :o

Mate why dont you register as 5 newbies and vote for yourself. I think a bit of cheating is in order.

PS would you like me to be your Campaign manager I have qualification and will be quite cheap :buggerd:

Racey Rider
10th January 2005, 20:12
Any more Voters?

Redstar
10th January 2005, 21:14
Any more Voters?
thats not going to win you votes :mad:

Try something like

Come of Racey I'm your man if anyone can win this Racey Can

rrrrrRacey vote for me I have Cookies :beer:

Do you want to win or not theres a lot of undecided voters out there it not down to what you said, its politics now fight for the win!

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRACEY.

You would do the same for me right?

Holy Roller
10th January 2005, 21:25
I see one member cant decide so they voted for everyone :eek:

Redstar
10th January 2005, 21:49
I see one member cant decide so they voted for everyone :eek:

thats the Christian Domocratic party for ya!

Holy Roller
10th January 2005, 22:15
thats the Christian Domocratic party for ya!
Now Future NZ

toads
11th January 2005, 07:03
and you have invited us to stay at your place??????????
what will you teach my son?

To fart???

Skunk
11th January 2005, 08:02
It's only jrandom winning at the moment, so the prize doesn't have to be to flash! ;) Ouch! :2thumbsup

Biff
11th January 2005, 08:14
It's only jrandom winning at the moment, so the prize doesn't have to be to flash! ;)

Flash? Is he a guy or a gal?

If it's a gal - my votes for me - 218 times please. My quote - erm - mmmm - let me see - oooo - errr - oh blow it - go random.

Hitcher
11th January 2005, 08:19
At least the outcome is clear.

I was worried that if it was going to be a closely-run thing that Jrandom would ask for the outcome to be determined by a wet T-shirt competition...

Eddieb
11th January 2005, 08:23
B then a for me,

B cause I used to know a guy in Hamilton who had an early GSXR400 with real estate signs for his rear panels.

A cause bluninja must be a Terry Pratchett fan.

bluninja
11th January 2005, 10:11
B then a for me,

B cause I used to know a guy in Hamilton who had an early GSXR400 with real estate signs for his rear panels.

A cause bluninja must be a Terry Pratchett fan.

I thought discworld was a discount storage shop on the net :lol:

BTW has anyone played the discworld game ? Eric Idle's voice going 'No, I can't do that' get's annoying after 10,000 times.

Racey Rider
11th January 2005, 11:40
...oh blow it - go random.

Did you mean "Go Random"! :spudbooge or just "go random"? :spudwhat:

I don't mind if your vote is random,

Just Not J random! :moon:

Sniper
11th January 2005, 12:08
Did you mean "Go Random"! :spudbooge or just "go random"? :spudwhat:

I don't mind if your vote is random,

Just Not J random! :moon:

Nicely said :drum roll emoticon inserted here: :2thumbsup

Racey Rider
13th January 2005, 17:40
There is a rumour that has come to the attention of the nomination committee, that jrandom used quote creation softwear in his nominated post. <_<

The nomination Committee would like to remind entrances that the use of 'quote creation softwear' is strickly forbidden as per the rules set out in post #1 Classic KB Quotes
(the original I might add!) <_< -again See Fine print (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=38126&postcount=1)

The committee is determind to get to the bottom of these allegations! :Police:

No stone will be left unturned!

:mega: We Will Have The TRUTH! :ar15: :bs:

And Cheaters will have their quote removed from the competition without delay! :D

In the meantime, if you haven't voted yet,, you may like to think about whether you want to waste a vote on some quote that may be given the :bash:.
What I'm saying is, maybe you need to think it through and not be to Jolly random with your vote. :msn-wink:

Racey Rider
13th January 2005, 17:41
SO MR RANDOM, DID YOU DO IT!

WE WANT THE TRUTH!

Racey Rider
13th January 2005, 17:43
I see! <_<

Your prolonged deafening silence comfirms your guilt!

QUOTE NOMINATION REMOVED! :stoogie:

Right. Whose next! :whistle:
I really should have been a Judge. :Punk:

Blakamin
13th January 2005, 17:48
ahhh... the FINE print..... :doh:

Racey Rider
14th January 2005, 14:45
Well I was gunna make a special effort to be back from Manfield before this poll closes on Sunday Morning, so I could influence, or should I say, "Guide", those last minute voters. :whistle:

But I can see,, once again,, despite my best efforts,, I'm nowhere near winning,,

so,

:whocares:

Stupid Poll! <_<
Who's idea was That!

Away! I'm goin TRACK RIDEING! :2thumbsup :ride:

Fight amongst yourselfs!

inlinefour
17th January 2005, 01:50
Did I miss something? Creation software, if its made by microsoft then it would be good for stuff all... :whocares:

Racey Rider
18th January 2005, 17:22
D. jrandom - Yes officer 24 25.53%

D.Originally Posted by jrandom

Hah! What, exactly, was he expecting in reply to that?

"Yes, officer, I noticed you ages ago, and was doing my best to escape your clutches in the most illegal manner possible, but gee whiz whillikey, you just handled that Mazda like an absolute pro. I decided that I could not sustain the frightening pace of the chase, since I am not only a criminal fugitive, but a nancy-boy into the bargain."

Congratulation mr random.

:crybaby:

Pick up something for yourself from the $2 shop!