PDA

View Full Version : It came in the mail...

Qkchk
25th June 2008, 08:33
A letter from the LTNZ.

Checked it over a then peeled my new licence off the the page. (What do you expect?) :scratch:

I had finally received my I Endorsement! :wari:
It has taken a long 6 months to attain, with having to wait for the course to come up and all the bureaucratic :bs: from LTNZ.

Had to do a 2-week crash course on:
Different learning techniques
Dynamics of light motor vehicles
Laws of physics governing vehicle motion and inertia
Hazard detection and response
Driver analysis
Developing driver training plans

As well as getting a 'Fit and Proper Person' police check, I had to do a 'Full Licence test' and even got asked by the Testing Officer if I would like to work for them. As it happens one of the guys on my course had just quit his job as one in Wellington and had told us all the inside stories about the Westgate saga (Officers taking bribes from students to pass them) and all the political :bs: he had to deal with. Did I mention the shit wage they are paid? There is nearly x2 more money being a Instructor than being a Testing Officer.

I just glad its over and now I can continue to develop my Driver Training plan at work.

If anyone wants a pre-licence assessment of their riding or driving, either pre-restricted or pre-full, give me a PM and we can talk turkey. I will assess you on your riding/driving and give you advice on what (if needed) you need to brush up on before you sit your test. I can also do car, class 2 and 4 truck as well.

:done:

Nordy
25th June 2008, 08:47
wicked! congrats

I had one of those Westgate testing officers for my test, he was a tough tester. Marked me down for weird stuff, apparently I reversed to fast around the corner which I didnt go to fast and didnt think there was a limit (for my restrcited car test). It really put me off going for my Full (which is why after nearly 9 years I still have my restricted)

CookMySock
25th June 2008, 08:48
congrats! This is for a drivers' license examiner ?

I recently got "offered" a job taking basic handling skills courses. Dunno if I like the idea of testing at the newbie level. Something more advanced would be interesting but I wonder if there is a market for that.

But one way or another, I feel "training" is calling me.

DB

Qkchk
25th June 2008, 08:53
congrats! This is for a drivers' license examiner ?

Nope, Driving Instructor. (Too over qualifed to be a Testing Officer.. ;))

MSTRS
25th June 2008, 08:55
Well done Dawn. Can you live up to the hype...:chase:

Mrs Busa Pete
25th June 2008, 08:57
A letter from the LTNZ.

Congratulation Dawn all that hard work has payed of. Does this mean it's your shout on thursday night.

Nasty
25th June 2008, 09:07
well done dawn ... that is a fantastic achievement!!

Qkchk
25th June 2008, 09:12
Congratulation Dawn all that hard work has payed of. Does this mean it's your shout on thursday night.

Yeah - "Oi!"

If ya lucky I might shout a plate of chips :lol:

CB ARGH
25th June 2008, 09:50
ConGRATTIES mate ;)

No offence but I hate driving instructors. They never try be your friend, they're always bullies, I persoanlly feel. Not to mention the last instructor (also my first) smelt like he shat his pants.

... although it could have been my driving :Oops:

Qkchk
25th June 2008, 11:09
ConGRATTIES mate ;)

No offence but I hate driving instructors. They never try be your friend, they're always bullies, I persoanlly feel. Not to mention the last instructor (also my first) smelt like he shat his pants.

... although it could have been my driving :Oops:

I wonder how long ago they had done their training? We were taught to be 'Constructive rather than be destructive'. If you scare the living shite out of a student then there is a great chance they will never come back and word of mouth gets around that your a bad Instructor. The I Endorsement course focuses on people getting their qual then going out and buying a car and starting their own buisness. Not good practise if you loose students.....

yungatart
25th June 2008, 16:20
Congratulations!
I see you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, unlike someone else on here!

Pumba
25th June 2008, 16:24
Great stuff:Punk:

Here I was thinking that this thread had everything to do with last Thursday night:blink:

Qkchk
25th June 2008, 16:44
Great stuff:Punk:

Here I was thinking that this thread had everything to do with last Thursday night:blink:

Really? :rolleyes: As if I would be naughty.........

Tank
25th June 2008, 16:58
Congratulations!
I see you are prepared to put your money where your mouth is, unlike someone else on here!

Ouch! cannot decide if thats just bitch nasty or really witty. ;)

So I binged you green just in case..

Qkkid
25th June 2008, 17:39
Really? :rolleyes: As if I would be naughty.........

:oi-grr::whistle:Ask me i know about these things:hug:

ManDownUnder
25th June 2008, 17:43
Nope, Driving Instructor.

LOL Jesus Dawn - teaching people to drive??? You'll have your hand full with this lot.

Qkchk
26th June 2008, 07:57
LOL Jesus Dawn - teaching people to drive??? You'll have your hand full with this lot.

Hahaha well, maybe we can make a clean break and educate the up-and-coming riders not to become a stat on the Ginga thread.....?

sels1
26th June 2008, 08:03

Ha thats what I thought too!

Congrats Dawn

Swoop
26th June 2008, 08:17
Congratulations Chick!
Well done.:2thumbsup

Devil
26th June 2008, 08:34
Morcs your first customer? :whistle:

ManDownUnder
26th June 2008, 09:53
Morcs your first customer? :whistle:

Doesn't he have his license already?

Morcs
26th June 2008, 10:43
Doesn't he have his license already?

idoidoidoidoido ido :D

Motard Rider
1st July 2008, 21:57
Congrats on the I endorsement, got mine a few years ago and its a great job helping people ride for the first time. Good luck

TOTO
1st July 2008, 22:01
Congrats Dawn. Will get in touch when the ime comes for my full :niceone:

Congrats again :clap: Bravo

Kittyhawk
1st July 2008, 22:08
SWEET good on ya chickie!! Sounds like alot of fun, but teaching newbies in trucks? sounds scary!!