PDA

View Full Version : Dominion Post June 27th

Griffin
27th June 2008, 07:38
News article:

"BARRIER DANGER STUDY... The danger that wire median road barriers pose to motorcyclists is to be investigated in a study part-funded by Transit NZ. The goal of the study by the New South Wales Injury Risk Management Research Centre at Sydney University is to find the safest road barrier for motorcyclists who have less protection in accidents."

Could this be the start of some common sense??? :2thumbsup

yungatart
27th June 2008, 08:15
In the article in The Herald, they state that "not enough research has been done on this issue".
WTF??? There is research for Africa available, enough to fell an enrtire forest!!!

I suspect it is just beauracratic BS, designed to lull us in to a false sense of security again.
Luckily, we are not as green as we are cabbage looking, eh?

TimeOut
27th June 2008, 08:15
When has common sense prevailed over here:argh

Mom
27th June 2008, 08:30
In the article in The Herald, they state that "not enough research has been done on this issue".
WTF??? There is research for Africa available, enough to fell an enrtire forest!!!

I suspect it is just beauracratic BS, designed to lull us in to a false sense of security again.
Luckily, we are not as green as we are cabbage looking, eh?

Ha ha though, my work is done...LOL The WRB issue is back in the news and we have the petition hitting the streets again this weekend!

Mom
27th June 2008, 08:31
News article:

"BARRIER DANGER STUDY... The danger that wire median road barriers pose to motorcyclists is to be investigated in a study part-funded by Transit NZ. The goal of the study by the New South Wales Injury Risk Management Research Centre at Sydney University is to find the safest road barrier for motorcyclists who have less protection in accidents."

Could this be the start of some common sense??? :2thumbsup

Multi quote failure...LOL

Can you paste a link up here mate so I can read the article?

Hitcher
27th June 2008, 08:54
The Borg shows signs of weakness. Amazing. Now's the time to ram home the coup de grace (No, that's not French for "mow the lawn").

sunhuntin
27th June 2008, 09:09
same article was in the chronicle as well. sorry, cant seem to find it on their website, otherwise id post it here.

Griffin
27th June 2008, 09:20
Can you paste a link up here mate so I can read the article?

Hi Mom, I cant find any links to it on stuff - the article is on page 3 of the Dom Post in the 'briefs' section and reads exactly as I wrote it.

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 09:25
The optomist in me says 'YAY!'
The cynic, though, says 'Educate as many people as possible, so that the whitewash that Transit is preparing will be seen for what it is.'

Mom
27th June 2008, 09:36
The Borg shows signs of weakness. Amazing. Now's the time to ram home the coup de grace (No, that's not French for "mow the lawn").

Absolutely! This is the time to really step up the pressure, we can not afford to let this opportunity go. I imagine the spin doctors were working overtime yesterday after Mathew Dearnaley from the Herald started asking some pointed questions. Low and behold the very next day, a positive response in print from Transit.

News article:

:2thumbsup

same article was in the chronicle as well. sorry, cant seem to find it on their website, otherwise id post it here.

Hey guys could you please spot or post even) me a copy of both those papers for my archive? P O Box 360, Warkworth. Thanks.

sunhuntin
27th June 2008, 10:26
should be able to to no worries. ok if i just post the page its on? make it a bit cheaper that way. :yes:

Mom
27th June 2008, 11:03
should be able to to no worries. ok if i just post the page its on? make it a bit cheaper that way. :yes:

Sure that is just fine, thanks for doing this.

sunhuntin
27th June 2008, 12:18
no worries. will try and get it in the post next week. gotta wait for everyone to read the rag before cutting it up.

Nasty
27th June 2008, 13:20
Hey guys could you please spot or post even) me a copy of both those papers for my archive? P O Box 360, Warkworth. Thanks.

Will post in the morning ... have a copy here ... that is the dom post.

Mom
27th June 2008, 13:26
Will post in the morning ... have a copy here ... that is the dom post.

fanks love

Deano
27th June 2008, 13:31
Shouldn't require a lot of research other than looking at overseas evidence.

As an aside, there is a discussion document from the Ministry of Health out at the moment regarding health implications of premises used for P manufacture, and advice for local authorites who often have obligations to ensure that these premises are cleansed.

The report is huge - mostly comprising of overseas evidence. The upshot is a recommendation for authorites to create a bylaw to deal with the problem. (Easier to throw it back to the local level huh ?)

Thing is local authorities are already using the Health Act, Building Act and HAZNO Acts to get these places cleaned up/evacuated/demolished etc.

I dont beleive that they consulted with anyone either.

Report took two years to complete - what an utter waste of time. Kept a beureaucrat in a job though eh?

So yeah - don't expect too much from this.

robertydog
27th June 2008, 15:35
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10518605

Good one here

Hitcher
27th June 2008, 15:43
There was an item on National Radio's midday news.

Cajun
27th June 2008, 15:48
not to sure if anyone has access to 'http://www.pressdisplay.com/pressdisplay/viewer.aspx'

but its on there, if you want to pay to get it