PDA

View Full Version : Publicity?

AMPS
27th June 2008, 08:41
Hi guys,
According to the Herald this morning, Kiwibiker is organising the protest ride tomorrow. If this is correct, why did no-one inform us, bring in flyers, anything?
Were other dealers informed about this?
There are a lot of bikers who do not read this site including several hundred HOG members.
If you want these protests to have an effect, you must spread the word as widely as possible.

portokiwi
27th June 2008, 08:46
:2guns: Are we?????
Oh well I will be working. I will think of you if you do lol. The weather in Auckland sounds like crap still.

jrandom
27th June 2008, 08:51
Ah, here's (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10518605) the news story.

Apparently Anne is 'seasoned'.

:laugh:

I wonder what with?

James Deuce
27th June 2008, 09:10
There are a lot of bikers who do not read this site including several hundred HOG members.

Being called a wanker every 5 minutes gets really tiresome.

Colapop
27th June 2008, 10:12
The ride was not organised as a protest ride. The Westpac Helicopter is the principal reason for the ride. Wire Rope Barrier or 'Cheesecutter' protest is not what the ride is about but I understand that it will be publicised at the ride.

firefighter
27th June 2008, 10:56
yeah I had no idea???

Mom
27th June 2008, 10:59
yeah I had no idea???

I fail to undrestand how anyone on this site has not heard about the rides organised for tomorrow. Have a look at the home page!

nodrog
27th June 2008, 11:09
whats this about some ride?

Devil
27th June 2008, 11:11
I fail to undrestand how anyone on this site has not heard about the rides organised for tomorrow. Have a look at the home page!

I never visit the home page. First I read about a ride was today.

Maha
27th June 2008, 11:29
Hi guys,
According to the Herald this morning, Kiwibiker is organising the protest ride tomorrow. If this is correct, why did no-one inform us, bring in flyers, anything?
Were other dealers informed about this?
If you want these protests to have an effect, you must spread the word as widely as possible.

The Event that is happening tomorrow is being organised through Kiwibiker, not by Kiwibiker.
It is not a Protest Ride in any form, its a positive.
The Westpac Helicopter Fundraiser idea came to me ten weeks while drinking a coffee. I had no idea at the time that it would turn out like it has at the time. This is the first time we have done anything like this and yes, we have learned a great deal over the last two months about organising something on this scale. But we have done the best we can with the resources we have. It will happen again.

SpankMe
27th June 2008, 11:31
It will happen again.

Hopefully not in the middle of winter. :cold:

Luckylegs
27th June 2008, 11:32

Meh, people are only logging on for the Avatars

BTW, Niiice !

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 11:36

or a day when i'm working :doh:

Maha
27th June 2008, 11:41

That was one of the things we learned......:baby:
Without Kiwibiker, this would not be happening. It is through this website (the greatest ever) that we have been able to meet some awesome people, some of who have stepped up and made the day their own. With the support of hundreds of others, its going to go off. In the last few days, the stuff thats been happening is outstanding....I will think about it over the coming days to see if this can be an annual Event....May is Westpacs month.

Kornholio
27th June 2008, 11:45

Come on Richard!! Will you risk getting your bike dirty tomorrow au? :p

I think Anne is seasoned with the Colonel's(Mark :p ) 11 secret herbs and spices :spanking:

firefighter
27th June 2008, 11:46

:motu::slap::finger: I don't really look at the home page.........guess I could start adding that into my look around......

Maha
27th June 2008, 11:46
Come on Richard!! Will you risk getting your bike dirty tomorrow au? :p

I think Anne is seasoned with the Colonel's(Mark :p ) 11 secret herbs and spices :spanking:

Round here its known as 'Mighty Spice'......;)

Kornholio
4th July 2008, 10:58
Round here its known as 'Mighty Spice'......;)

More like 'Old Spice' :p