PDA

View Full Version : Cheesecutters on NewstalkZB (27 June)

Naki Rat
27th June 2008, 12:17
Leading topic on NewtalkZB this afternoon. Get on the phone now!

Maha
27th June 2008, 12:20
Leading topic on NewtalkZB this afternoon. Get on the phone now!

Really!!!........has this come about because of the Herald article??

Whats the frequency?

zeocen
27th June 2008, 12:25
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/audio2/newstalkzb.asx

Talking about it now

Maha
27th June 2008, 12:27

Talking about it now

Cheers zeocen.......listening to it now.

Mom
27th June 2008, 12:33
can someone tell me what the frequency is? And what the phone number is?

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 12:35
can someone tell me what the frequency is? And what the phone number is?

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 12:41
half the people yacking on dont have a flipping clue what their on about... *sigh*

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 12:41
There ya go apparently we are all morons and we shouldnt be speeding
Bunch of ignorant knobs

portokiwi
27th June 2008, 12:43
This great. Thanks for that.

Maha
27th June 2008, 12:46
half the people yacking on dont have a flipping clue what their on about... *sigh*

Or a bike.....:niceone:

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 12:47
ACC charge going up for bikes because of recent 'nasty' accidents... but accidents would not have cost acc so much if they did not have wire barriers!

It's nuts.

Maha
27th June 2008, 12:50
Go John.....MSTRS

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 12:50
Thats MRSTRS on now. go John

Mom
27th June 2008, 12:51
Top man, giving up his lunch brak to make this call! Thanks John you rock!

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 12:54
Aw shucks...Johnny on the spot. Who else wants a go? Talk about low slung cars, trucks.

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 12:55
If someone get s on, point them to the cheesecutter.co.nz site and note the picture showing a car (auckland crash) with a wire rope going right through the car (would have cut the occupants in half to)

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 13:06
Actually I think the Falcon thing happened in Oz. But you are right about the occupant/s....
4 teenaged girls were killed in this fashion in the States a couple of months ago.
The whole point of the protest is that CC barriers are not the best option for everyone, in fact give a false sense of security for all and make a bad situation worse for some road users (us especially).

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:16
Thats the point "Bret" (maha?)
its no solution for anyone

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 13:17
so how many other people emailed them with kiwibiker links :innocent:

Maha
27th June 2008, 13:18

Explain?...I have just woken up.....

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 13:20
What's their email addy?

RC1
27th June 2008, 13:21
so how many other people emailed them with kiwibiker links :innocent:

i sent them a txt about 20 mins ago

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 13:21
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/default.asp

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:23
Explain?...I have just woken up.....

Sorry thought your name was Bret, the caller (who is Bret) pointed out that the WRB are just as potentially dangerous for cars as they are for Bikes. Was a good point to get broadcasted.

Mom
27th June 2008, 13:24
I have just rung them and given them toe www.cheesecutter.co.nz web site

Naki Rat
27th June 2008, 13:24
What's their email addy?

The host's name is Tim Dower

Email:
tim@newstalkzb.co.nz

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 13:26
what has lanesplitting got to do with the barriers?:stupid:

portokiwi
27th June 2008, 13:27
Who is this on the radio now? The guy?

RC1
27th June 2008, 13:27

he got no idea

Disco Dan
27th June 2008, 13:29
i got to leave for work.. anyone able to record it??

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:29

Demonstrating how we dont abide by the law, therefore we are lower grade citizens who dont deserve safe road considerations.

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:39
Well he read my email but I cant get through

RC1
27th June 2008, 13:40
WTF is a SHARK? this guys on about

zeocen
27th June 2008, 13:41
Who's this joker saying kevlar pants aren't worth anything?
I have quasi kevlar sliders and impact armour underneath... pretty sure I've seen the owner of dragginjeans being dragged on his ass at high speed to prove the point.

kevlar + armor = just as good as textiles. IMO.

portokiwi
27th June 2008, 13:43
I have quasi kevlar sliders and impact armour underneath... pretty sure I've seen the owner of dragginjeans being dragged on his ass at high speed to prove the point.

Cool the price of the jeans might go down then I can but lots.

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:43
Okay this is turning into a Biker bashing event

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:46
Yay read my text to lol............car drivers eating etc............

portokiwi
27th June 2008, 13:48
:rofl: He just did including texting

Quasievil
27th June 2008, 13:50
:rofl: He just did including texting

lol, cant believe I forgot the texting bit. DOH

RC1
27th June 2008, 13:51
i sent him a txt and he replied i hope your not txting and riding

Cajun
27th June 2008, 13:56
he read my txt about yellow leathers, and bike.

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 13:58
The guy on now is talking realities...trucks are not stopped. Go him :2thumbsup

Maha
27th June 2008, 13:58
he read my txt about yellow leathers, and bike.

I sent him a joke.....he sent me some txt bling....

The Pastor
27th June 2008, 14:01
Whats The Txt Number?

The Pastor
27th June 2008, 14:02

They are only good with armour, dragin jeans are largely sold without armour.

They are also only good on smooth asphalitc concrete roads, not the ultra rough chip seal roads we have out of the main city centers.

I binned in draggins - ripped straight away.

MSTRS
27th June 2008, 14:02
9292 then your txt.

skidMark
27th June 2008, 14:14

Talking about it now

LMFAo going on about jap bikes wank wank wank.

Actions of few, affecting the lives of us all, that first caller was a right cock, v8 commodore wank wank wank

Tank
27th June 2008, 14:16
So its all finished now - and the final speaker ( a biker no less) ends up saying that 1/2 the bikers ride like idiots - thus its a two way street.

zeocen
27th June 2008, 14:19
I don't even lane split on the Auckland motorway and am happy to just sit in traffic, my bike is the ultimate lane splitter too, if I do I get flack from cars hating on me, if I don't I get flack from bikers telling me to lane split!!

You just know if the drivers were on a bike they would filter to the front of the lights, I've never seen people get so uptight about lessning congestion on the roads.

sinned
27th June 2008, 14:19
Some idiot truck driver texted about bikers resting on his truck! How the hell do you do that? left hand for clutch, right throttle, in or out of gear? I guess he confused motorcyclist for a cyclist.

skidMark
27th June 2008, 14:25
Some idiot truck driver texted about bikers resting on his truck! How the hell do you do that? left hand for clutch, right throttle, in or out of gear? I guess he confused motorcyclist for a cyclist.

Yeah i think thats what he meant...alot of cyclists do it on cars, if a cyclist ever held onto my car id hop out and crack him upside the head.

Anyways...back on topic... lol

Naki Rat
27th June 2008, 14:25
i got to leave for work.. anyone able to record it??

Listen later (or again) here:
http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/weekondemand.asp?menu=2&menuitem=3

enigma51
27th June 2008, 14:27

When you on P its hard to judge ..... anything :rolleyes:

skidMark
27th June 2008, 18:48
When you on P its hard to judge ..... anything :rolleyes:

Unless you are simon cowell on american idol.:pinch:

Ozzie
29th June 2008, 11:48
article on their site today, short and sweet.

http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/newsdetail1.asp?storyID=139890

Brett
29th June 2008, 21:52

Yeah, that was me.

Brett
29th June 2008, 21:56
What I was saying is that there are two points to this, one that they are not suitable for bikes...but also niehter to cage drivers and thus the general public. If we keep this a 'bike only' thing we will never gather that much momentum. If we can get cagers behind us then we have a lot more voice.

Maha
29th June 2008, 22:04
What I was saying is that there are two points to this, one that they are not suitable for bikes...but also niehter to cage drivers and thus the general public. If we keep this a 'bike only' thing we will never gather that much momentum. If we can get cagers behind us then we have a lot more voice.

You are absolutely right Brett
It is not just a bike thing and getting it out to Hot Rod/Car Clubs and the like is where we will take this, any road user has a potential risk of not seeing another day (if whatever they are in or on at the time) gets tangled up in these things. Yes they have stopped the odd headon from time to time and the issue here is not to get them removed, but to make the existing ones safer by wrapping them and dont install anymore.

Imagine the next protest.....Hot Rods/Muscle Cars and Bikes?.......all together fighting for the same thing!

Brett
29th June 2008, 22:07
You are absolutely right Brett
It is not just a bike thing and getting it out to Hot Rod/Car Clubs and the like is where we will take this, any road user has a potential risk of not seeing another day (if whatever they are in or on at the time) gets tangled up in these things. Yes they have stopped the odd headon from time to time and the issue here is not to get them removed, but to make the existing ones safer by wrapping them and dont install anymore.

Yeah, and Tim seemed to agree with what I was saying. I didn't have a chance to listen in any more after I called, so am not aware of how the discussions progressed. from what I can see hear, sounds like it was a lot of biker bashing?

Little Miss Trouble
29th June 2008, 22:21
Driving along in my 1.5L Toyota I was just as worried about these things as I would be on a bike. I deliberately went close to them to get a gauge on what sort of height they are at - by my guess if i'd it them I would have been struck somewhere between midchest and my shoulders.

I didnt get to listen to the debate on the radio unfortunately but I do think that so far we arent quite covering ALL the people concerned and as we know many people are reluctant to accept that the majority of us do ride responsibly on the road. Getting other road users - particularly those other than the ones in their 4x4 remuera tractors - would be hugely beneficial to this campaign.