PDA

View Full Version : Answer me this

selectedgrub
29th June 2008, 17:32
Man I don't come in here often but it's the only thread I view is "Hogs and other crusiers". Why does it all end up in a slinging match. Look at all the replies and it's dishing some Harley or another. I don't go to the Sport bike or Vespa threads but seem to see those people venture over to this thread to mock someone or something that's been posted.
After all the thread says Hogs and other cruisers so why do those wits come in here?
I bet most of the "Cruiser" riders don't go into the other threads to stir up shit.
What's your point. Are you that insecure and childish.
And no it's not some "Harmless fun".
Harmful Fun would be saying it to my face.

Rant over, I'll visit in another couple months.
Same old I bet

Sparky Bills
29th June 2008, 17:40
Boo Hoo!
As MANY will say, its an internet forum, so get used to people taking the piss and speaking all kinds of bull shit.

ManDownUnder
29th June 2008, 17:48
Because KB's full of fragile egos.

Either those dishing it out (those that mean it that is) or those boo hooing when they can't see the dissing is either
i) a piss take
or
ii) coming from a fellow fragile ego.

... get the hint?

Kittyhawk
29th June 2008, 17:49
its only because they cant afford real bikes:innocent: im a chrome slut....but shhh

Headbanger
29th June 2008, 18:28
I have no idea why the trolls come in here and try and ruffle some feathers.

Actually I can see the fun in it, But those that are almost driven to do are pretty weird people. Almost like their dislike of the bikes and riders matters to them....

Does the reverse take place in the sports bike forums?

duckonin
29th June 2008, 19:10
Man I don't come in here often but it's the only thread I view is "Hogs and other crusiers". Why does it all end up in a slinging match. Look at all the replies and it's dishing some Harley or another. I don't go to the Sport bike or Vespa threads but seem to see those people venture over to this thread to mock someone or something that's been posted.
After all the thread says Hogs and other cruisers so why do those wits come in here?
I bet most of the "Cruiser" riders don't go into the other threads to stir up shit.

Same old I bet

Who really cares....

spookytooth
29th June 2008, 19:16
I don't look in any forum i just press new post and here it is.

The Lone Rider
29th June 2008, 19:57
They come here talking smack for the very same reason they buy sports bikes...... :)

1 Free Man
29th June 2008, 20:23
:shit:Don't go away with a bug up your arse. Hang about and join the fun.:yes: There are some really funny dudes and dudettes on KB ya just have to take it all in good heart:done:

CookMySock
30th June 2008, 10:29
The only time I asked a question in cruisers, I was dealt with rather harshly. I didn't think it was funny either.

It seems to me that cruiser people are all about bad attitude - the bikes, the clothing, the people, everything. This attitude seems to be widely celebrated as something unique. It seems to me that the whole POINT of riding a cruiser was to "stir up shit" - what am I missing here ?

I recently entered "motorcycling" and I had little or no preconceived idea about attitudes - I was just enjoying my new toy as I assumed everyone was, but the dark demeanor from the cruiser people became shockingly real, from the rude gestures and dangerous manoevers on the open road, to the silent treatment when parking my bright red sports machine anywhere near them.

Contrast the sportbikers who are openly matey and happy-go-lucky - an attitude that seems to have been fully stamped out among the cruiser riders, perhaps because it doesn't suit their "coolness".

So next time you are riding your Harley down the road with your attitude in full swing and you ignore that friendly wave in the opposite direction, or you give some poor bastard the learn by nearly running him off the road, think about this thread and why many people (not just sportbikers) are really tired of the crap they receive from some blacked-out bandito asshole who seems to delight in some misery they create.

:bleh:

DB

Tank
30th June 2008, 10:49
I recently entered "motorcycling" and I had little or no preconceived idea about attitudes - I was just enjoying my new toy as I assumed everyone was, but the dark demeanor from the cruiser people became shockingly real, from the rude gestures and dangerous manoevers on the open road, to the silent treatment when parking my bright red sports machine anywhere near them.

DB

For every dangerous maneuver Ive seen a cruiser do on the open road - Ive seen 100 by people on sport bikes!!!!!

As for silent treatment - possibly you didn't seem approachable, or because your bright red sports machine didnt look too secure on its stand (cruisers generally have a more solid, less upright stance) and they thought it may topple on their bike.

Who the hell knows.

But - Ive never had any issue with cruiser guys when Ive pulled up at a pub, nor have I ever seen any at the likes of the Pohoi pub when sportbike riders have popped in for a cold one - its a warm and welcoming place.

It comes down to individuals more than anything. If your getting snobbed by folk - possibly its more you than them?

xwhatsit
30th June 2008, 10:59
For every dangerous maneuver Ive seen a cruiser do on the open road - Ive seen 100 by people on sport bikes!!!!!
You're not wrong there. There is a grain of truth in what DB is saying, though; people on anything from Norton 650s through to GSXR1000 riders tend to be quite friendly towards me; come up at the petrol station, have a brief chat at the lights etc. It's really only been a precious few cruiser riders who've even acknowledged my existence. Some even seem rather aggrieved to see my dented rust bucket on the same street as theirs :laugh: It's easy to associate and align yourself with a particular group when you're welcomed in with smiles and handshakes, that's just human nature. When you're snubbed and rejected, well that's just like being back at high school (but without the pretty girls, just middle-aged blokes with bald patches :bleh:).

That's all anecdotal though, I haven't met any of the cruiser bunch from KB yet (apart from Donor, but he's a beardy wot doesn't count for nowt), who all seem like a bunch of great guys. Perhaps I'm only meeting gang members and the accountant/fair-weather bunch on the road?

As for adventure riders though... :no:

nodrog
30th June 2008, 11:22
everytime i come into this forum there is somebody having a whinge about being picked on, or "somebody dissed my Harley Ferguson".

i thought you cruiser types were supposed to be hard? maybe you should have spent less money on chrome and tassles, and more on self esteem counselling?

here, have a cuddle :hug:

s8306
30th June 2008, 12:25
The only time I asked a question in cruisers, I was dealt with rather harshly. I didn't think it was funny either.

It seems to me that cruiser people are all about bad attitude - the bikes, the clothing, the people, everything. This attitude seems to be widely celebrated as something unique. It seems to me that the whole POINT of riding a cruiser was to "stir up shit" - what am I missing here ?

Contrast the sportbikers who are openly matey and happy-go-lucky - an attitude that seems to have been fully stamped out among the cruiser riders, perhaps because it doesn't suit their "coolness".

So next time you are riding your Harley down the road with your attitude in full swing and you ignore that friendly wave in the opposite direction, or you give some poor bastard the learn by nearly running him off the road, think about this thread and why many people (not just sportbikers) are really tired of the crap they receive from some blacked-out bandito asshole who seems to delight in some misery they create.

DB

So which people are you referring to Cruiser riders or Harley riders because you mention both here.

avgas
30th June 2008, 12:28
:stupid::jerry::laugh:

CookMySock
30th June 2008, 12:59
For every dangerous maneuver Ive seen a cruiser do on the open road - Ive seen 100 by people on sport bikes!!!!!There is a big difference between a sportbike doing a wheelie in clear space for fun, and a swerve into the oncoming traffic, for fun ?

So which people are you referring to Cruiser riders or Harley riders because you mention both here.I don't recall. Left as an exercise for readers..

DB

Tank
30th June 2008, 13:43
There is a big difference between a sportbike doing a wheelie in clear space for fun, and a swerve into the oncoming traffic, for fun ?

DB

You're right - sport bike riders always conduct themselves in the best possible manner on the road, and have never been seen swerving into oncoming traffic.

Most the problem is people full of 1/2 ass-ed generalizations. People expect cruiser riders to be like X, people expect sportsbike riders to be like Y.

Funnily neither X or Y are highly complementary - both are the shortsighted stereotypes perpetuated by shit post on the Internet.

If people stopped making them and just greeted others as equals - then there wouldn't be a problem. except for Hyosong riders.

turtleman
30th June 2008, 13:53
I've chatted with riders at the Puhoi. I've chatted with riders at the summit of the 'Takas, on the Coro loop, Paekak hill, Raetahi and many places in between. I can't say I remember what they were riding - sprots/crusier/Adv bike - it wasn't important. :cool:

I didn't get my bike to impress anyone else. I don't ride to impress anyone else either (which is probably just as well). :lol:

This is probably why someone winding someone else up in a forum doesn't bother me - I simply don't give a shit.

They're either very insecure in what they ride, or how they ride, or they're having a bit of fun in the form of a piss-take.
Either way - who cares ?

avgas
30th June 2008, 13:55
i don't care what you ride - your all wankers

nodrog
30th June 2008, 13:58

careful, you will upset the PC brigade, the new term is Owner Operator.

Toaster
30th June 2008, 14:19
I don't go to the Sport bike or Vespa threads but seem to see those people venture over to this thread to mock someone or something that's been posted.

Agreed, and its a real shame they spoil otherwise positive biker related threads with their childish dribble. They are just weak little bullies. Just ignore them.

CookMySock
30th June 2008, 15:36
[...] I can't say I remember what they were riding - sprots/crusier/Adv bike - it wasn't important. :cool:

This is probably why someone winding someone else up in a forum doesn't bother me - I simply don't give a shit. They're either very insecure in what they ride, or how they ride, or they're having a bit of fun in the form of a piss-take.
Either way - who cares ?Yup. Well said. Point taken and conceded. Note to self made.

DB

Griffin
30th June 2008, 17:04
i don't care what you ride - your all wankers:rofl: nothin like a bit of :bash:

Personally i think its just an insecure few who feel that it embiggens their manliness to put down others choice of bikes. I chose my bike because I LOVE how it looks and how it rides :ride: and how I feel when Im riding it. :first: Someone else would get their jollies off riding a sports bike / adventure bike / Muscle bike / and does it matter to me...? As long as they're out and enjoying their bike and the sense of freedom and exhiliration that only a bike can give then why does it matter what they're riding.

I say yes, we are predominantly in different camps when it comes to the style of bikes we choose to ride (some people no doubt have one of each) but at the end of the day we are all on two wheels - it sure as hell beats being in a car!!! :niceone:

Toaster
30th June 2008, 17:06
:rofl: nothin like a bit of :bash:

Personally i think its just an insecure few who feel that it embiggens their manliness to put down others choice of bikes. I chose my bike because I LOVE how it looks and how it rides :ride: and how I feel when Im riding it. :first: Someone else would get their jollies off riding a sports bike / adventure bike / Muscle bike / and does it matter to me...? As long as they're out and enjoying their bike and the sense of freedom and exhiliration that only a bike can give then why does it matter what they're riding.

I say yes, we are predominantly in different camps when it comes to the style of bikes we choose to ride (some people no doubt have one of each) but at the end of the day we are all on two wheels - it sure as hell beats being in a car!!! :niceone:

Sure does and well said!

turtleman
30th June 2008, 17:07
.... im a chrome slut....but shhh

Yeah !?

Wanna come and polish mine ???

(Chrome, that is, you dirty minded little so and so.....!) :bleh:

avgas
30th June 2008, 17:12
careful, you will upset the PC brigade, the new term is Owner Operator.
Unless you ride a honda then its Temp Operator, or even Inwards goods

Rockbuddy
30th June 2008, 17:23
[QUOTE=Griffin;1628890
I say yes, we are predominantly in different camps when it comes to the style of bikes we choose to ride (some people no doubt have one of each) but at the end of the day we are all on two wheels - it sure as hell beats being in a car!!! :niceone:[/QUOTE]

Yep what he said, its good to have the best of both worlds, one of each is great if you can. and i dont even have to change my persona to switch between bikes :second:

P38
30th June 2008, 17:36

DB

You should see a Doctor for that DB?:doctor:

I'm sure he'll have a pill that'll fix that up for ya!!! :msn-wink:

Big Dave
30th June 2008, 18:00

'You're', f*cknuckle.

Kittyhawk
30th June 2008, 18:22
Yeah !?

With pleasure! I aint no dirty so n so lol.......i like shiny things:lol:

The Lone Rider
30th June 2008, 18:26
I must say, more often than not when I talk with someone who has a sports bike they go on about how fast they went and the close calls they had with said car or police with a scanner. Cruisers on the other hand the owners go on about what they did to the bike, how much it cost, who does good work.

There are exceptions.

Just felt rather shocked that a lot of the conversations I've seen with a said group is how fast they can go on their bikes! And they mainly have sports.

Wait, this was about people coming into cruisers section and saying they suck?

Hmm.. because they can't keep up with the others in the sports bike sections?

scumdog
30th June 2008, 18:39
Boo Hoo!
As MANY will say, its an internet forum, so get used to people taking the piss and speaking all kinds of bull shit.

True.

It gives ding-bats, fruit-loops and knob-gobblers a chance to bravely vent their opinions without being interupted or shot down as soon as they open their mouths.

And it gives their slower-than-a-dying-sloth mental process a chance to think, after all there's no minimum thoughts and words per minute limit on the internet.

Some of the above even ride motorbikes.:shifty:

sinfull
30th June 2008, 19:15
its only because they cant afford real bikes:innocent: im a chrome slut....but shhh
Awww kinky ! I've done nekid, i've done latex but chrome rrrrr you wouldn't be too flexible though but !

I don't look in any forum i just press new post and here it is.
What he said ! didn't know i was in a hog cruisers forum till i saw the tears !!! p/t

everytime i come into this forum there is somebody having a whinge about being picked on, or "somebody dissed my Harley Ferguson".
i thought you cruiser types were supposed to be hard? maybe you should have spent less money on chrome and tassles, and more on self esteem counselling?

here, have a cuddle :hug:
Do you come here on purpose ?
Its the chaps man the chaps, oh and the fingerless gloves !

You're right - sport bike riders always conduct themselves in the best possible manner on the road, and have never been seen swerving into oncoming traffic.

Most the problem is people full of 1/2 ass-ed generalizations. People expect cruiser riders to be like X, people expect sportsbike riders to be like Y.

Funnily neither X or Y are highly complementary - both are the shortsighted stereotypes perpetuated by shit post on the Internet.

If people stopped making them and just greeted others as equals - then there wouldn't be a problem. except for Hyosong riders.
My shout !

or they're having a bit of fun in the form of a piss-take.
Either way - who cares ?
Bling to ya !! Only one who's hit the nail that i've seen so far !

Another nail , more bling !~

Agreed, and its a real shame they spoil otherwise positive biker related threads with their childish dribble. They are just weak little bullies. Just ignore them.
I don't know what to say to that !

:rofl: nothin like a bit of :bash:

Embiggens ???
But ya did have me all excited there with the freedom and exhiliration bit ! More bling

Yeah !?

You can call her a chrome slut !! its pc after she said it !

Yep what he said, its good to have the best of both worlds, one of each is great if you can. and i dont even have to change my persona to switch between bikes :second:
You wait till i grow up !!!

It seems to me that the whole POINT of riding a cruiser was to "stir up shit" - what am I missing here ?

you give some poor bastard the learn by nearly running him off the road, think about this thread and why many people (not just sportbikers) are really tired of the crap they receive from some blacked-out bandito asshole who seems to delight in some misery they create.

DBStir up shit ? Haha been a lot more shittin going on lately than there ever was on my HARLEY !
Blacked out bandito ? haha come on DB, do they make you miserable because of the blacked out bit, or the fact that 99% of them only ride on weekends cause they have to keep earning the 100k per year ?

who does good work.

Hmm.. because they can't keep up with the others in the sports bike sections?
Yeah i found the hell chrome slut !
mmmm keep up yes but think i need a more power to wieght ratio bike to pass em !
On another note i got this mate see and he does keep up on his fxr, like you know, up there !(not devulging) He always waved me through then would pass me doing crazy shit a few k up the road ! Wasn't till i rode his beast that i remembered what it was he was doing this shit on ! His brakes were crap, his bike felt like it was gonna snap in half, it wallowed so much at over 200 clicks ! So i decided he could stay in front !
Dont wanna be hittin the picks and have that half ton chrome drone ring piece me !

Same old I bet
See you !!!

nodrog
30th June 2008, 20:03
Do you come here on purpose ?

no, i was looking for jokes and humour, but it looks like i found biker angels :eek:

Kittyhawk
30th June 2008, 20:10
hahaha you dont need to flex!

CookMySock
30th June 2008, 20:48
haha come on DB, do they make you miserable because of the blacked out bit, or the fact that 99% of them only ride on weekends cause they have to keep earning the 100k per year ? No, they make me fear for my life when 30 of them swing 3/4 the way into the opposing lane my wife and I occupy and give us the fingers. Oops, that was my nice day out with my family down the drain. What about my learner 15 y/o son the they just frightened fuck out of as he headed for the gravel ?

How would you feel ? HTFU ? Tell THAT to your learner wife on her 250 and see what response you get, you fuck. Oh, and go back and scrape your fucken dead teenage son off the fucken trees as well after he swerved outa their way. Think before you type.

DB

Big Dave
30th June 2008, 20:52
True.

It gives ding-bats, fruit-loops and knob-gobblers a chance to bravely vent their opinions without being interupted or shot down as soon as they open their mouths.

And it gives their slower-than-a-dying-sloth mental process a chance to think, after all there's no minimum thoughts and words per minute limit on the internet.

Some of the above even ride motorbikes.:shifty:

You might be becoming cynical.

sinfull
30th June 2008, 21:02
No, they make me fear for my life when 30 of them swing 3/4 the way into the opposing lane my wife and I occupy and give us the fingers. Oops, that was my nice day out with my family down the drain. What about my learner 15 y/o son the they just frightened fuck out of as he headed for the gravel ?

How would you feel ? HTFU ? Tell THAT to your learner wife on her 250 and see what response you get, you fuck. Oh, and go back and scrape your fucken dead teenage son off the fucken trees as well after he swerved outa their way. Think before you type.

DB
Its a 225 ! you dip shit overzealose piece of shit haha was wondering how you would react to that post ! Read it in your eyes when i met your stupid arse ! You are a frightened under fucked piece of shit ! Well suck my skanky dick harleyphobe ! Every post i made here was a piss take, what made you think your quote was any different ! Shit for brains lol !
Why is it every post you make is negative ? I know why lol And i'm happy every morning when i wake too !!! No matter what i am to meet, Harley or my maker !
Nasty piece of work ! Your eyes are far too close together by the way !

Horse
30th June 2008, 21:17
Y'know, all this thread needs is some over-reacting drama-queen to blaze into the thread and say:

and the thread will be complete.

Oh wait....

Oh, and go back and scrape your fucken dead teenage son off the fucken trees as well after he swerved outa their way.

...done.

Griffin
30th June 2008, 21:33
:corn::corn::corn:
:calm::corn::corn:
:corn::corn::Playnice:

Trudes
30th June 2008, 21:38
:girlfight: oh my :girlfight:

SilverGrin
1st July 2008, 08:05
Couple of angry dudes need a hug.

Al
1st July 2008, 11:54
Htfu, ffs!

Finn
1st July 2008, 12:04
Got into a heated argument with a sportsbike rider about my Harley last month which ended with him knocking me out with a king hit to the head. When I came around, I picked up my teeth with broken fingers and didn't even cry.

Cruiser riders are tough.

Toaster
1st July 2008, 12:25
His broken fingers I hope.........

Hailwood
1st July 2008, 13:27
Some cruiser riders have an attitude...yep agree totally...some sportsbike riders have an attitude as well..I always laugh about the reference to black leather being an image..is that not the same as the sportsbike guys all dressing up like wannabe racers with their race leather etc? image? who knows who cares..ride what you like if you are a dick you will be a dick on a sportsbike or a cruiser or a Hyosung.

Wasnt it Dangerous Bastard who wanted to take it international btw? speaking of attitude...pfft

chubby
1st July 2008, 14:08
I'm with Hailwood on this one. Attitudes abound on here and while that is so its not really one of the things I appreciate. It gets a little childish with all the so called gentle ribbing. A little of a not very funny joke getting out of hand.

As a cruiser I look around and see good and bad in other cruisers (mostly good). I've ridden with Sporty's/adventure riders and seen the good and bad (again, mostly good). Generalisations will only prove you wrong. I don't really care what you ride, I respect you for riding and i will admire a nicely turned out bike whatever age, size, make or model. I don't care wether you like my ride because thats my choice just respect me enough that if you don't have anything good to say about it don't say anything at all.

As Hailwood said if your a dick, it doesn't matter what sort of bike you ride, you'll still be a dick. I don't have time for dicks.

s8306
1st July 2008, 17:33
I dont doubt that DB has had a bad experience with a group of riders at some stage but to tar all cruiser riders with the same brush because of the actions of a few assholes is uncalled for.He could possibly change his username though as his posts would suggest otherwise.

scumdog
1st July 2008, 17:56
His broken fingers I hope.........

OR fingernails ducky??

P38
1st July 2008, 18:04
For Christ Sake!

Lemme help ya out here.

P38 opens a big can or "Harden Up" for all the part time soft cocks who visit here .... :crybaby::crybaby::devil2:

P38
1st July 2008, 18:10
Got into a heated argument with a sportsbike rider about my Harley last month which ended with him knocking me out with a king hit to the head. When I came around, I picked up my teeth with broken fingers and didn't even cry.

Cruiser riders are tough.

Couldn't have been a Harley rider Finn.

They is posers not punchers. :msn-wink:

avgas
1st July 2008, 21:25
'You're', f*cknuckle.
Fine WE ARE all wankers, i thought fuck hasa U init :Pokey:

nodrog
1st July 2008, 21:44
Fine WE ARE all wankers.......

speak for yourself, im just a cunt.

avgas
1st July 2008, 22:03
I think that people misinterpret how the motorcycle society works.
First there are the
Nancys: Often seen on a GSXR or something from OCC, the bike has 5,000ks on the clock and was cleaned every 500m. Most have loud pipes for no reason at all except to scare them form getting anywhere near the read line.
then you have the
Boydsters: They enjoy the show scene more than actually riding. They love the look of polished chrome, carbon fibre.......like a crow anything shiny. Anodised this, polished that......the bike gets about 4 hours use a year. Pinicacle of the boydsters are those with 300 section rear tyres.
then the
Dumpsters: Rats, cats and other road kill. Bikes go to these owners to die, but first the loose any form of dignity they once had. Matt Black covers rust, body work looks like it hit the weights bench too often, engines sound like a stumbling drunk reciting the alphabet.
the
Hoarders: These people are basically older versions of the above species, and a combination of all 3. They still have that 1952 Triumph 3TA, in 6 boxes, that they bought for $200 and planned to rebuild (3 years ago), the 10 jappas the have had since then. The XLCR harley they bought cos they thought it looked cool. The 1/5 of a BMW 1100GS all the important parts missing - and that just the "workshop" in their collections also could be the "collectors" room where they have a mint 79" Z1, 650 Bonnie, Harley VROD, Moriwaki ZX10R, RG500......all with 500m on the clock.
Hoarders own all these bikes, but only actually ride some clapped out old Bandit/FJR/Honda that was NEVER fixed but was bought with intention of fixing it.
also the
Colgates: The racers of the lot, cafe racers, road racers - you know them not by their ability to ride badly but the ridiculous colours their leathers are. The have bikes they use on the track usually that they bolt lights on, bolt a plate on and they are off. Big talkers on group rides, over corner every chance they get to show off. Often have the most spectacular crashes. Probably the most skilled in the group, but the most cocky at the same time - making for the most interesting maneuvers. Usually ending with a more than average expense of a race bike sliding down the road.
and one final note is for the
Undead: Born again, or never stopped - these bikers have had Castrol 2T running in their blood for centuries. Their ideas and riding styles suit that of 1930's motorcycling. These are the older (sometimes just in spirit not in age) of the group. They remember the good old days (sometimes) where they did their first ton, and have never progressed past that. Quite often have NEVER found the 6th gear and don't know it has been invented yet (even if it is on their current bike). Enjoy sitting on a bike, any bike, flicking swiches twisting grips, nodding their head saying "Yep...yep". When talking bikes to people, will try chucking in a technical term at a loud enthusiastic pitch i.e. "Yeah, it even has on of those over head cam things". Always welcomed to the group, kinda like having death concentrate on someone else other than you.

These are just the variety that ride
So as you can see i have evidence that regardless of bike we all have our pitfalls.

Big Dave
1st July 2008, 22:12
i thought fuck hasa U init :Pokey:

Works for me!

SilverGrin
1st July 2008, 22:49
I think that people misinterpret how the motorcycle society works.

snip

So as you can see i have evidence that regardless of bike we all have our pitfalls.

Very good, gave me a laugh.
It took 4 pages :wacko:

Headbanger
1st July 2008, 23:56
I have no idea why the trolls come in here and try and ruffle some feathers.

Actually I can see the fun in it, But those that are almost driven to do are pretty weird people. Almost like their dislike of the bikes and riders matters to them....

Does the reverse take place in the sports bike forums?

Meh, Looks like I'm a bit of a hypocrite

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showpost.php?p=1614219&postcount=5