PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Kawasaki 250r ninjas

sinister^
1st July 2008, 19:50
Has anyone in the Auckland/North shore area heard any news about when they are coming over from the city, I rang the motorbike dealer I'm getting mine from and he said that they bikes are still in the city for some queer reason.

:argh::argh::argh::argh::argh:

McJim
1st July 2008, 19:56
I rang the motorbike dealer I'm getting mine from and he said that they bikes are still in the city for some queer

So THAT's who is buying them all! :rofl:

sinister^
1st July 2008, 21:41
So THAT's who is buying them all! :rofl:

hey, go back to your honda :mad:

McJim
1st July 2008, 21:54
hey, go back to your honda :mad:

I haven't had a Honda for ages.

Roki_nz
2nd July 2008, 10:09
I don;t know what the story in auckland is but in wellington the bikes have arrived but they are stuck with MAF at the moment

Slyer
2nd July 2008, 18:08
I went to the dealer in takapuna and there were two there waiting to be picked up a day or two ago.
I'm definitely getting one as soon as I have the cash..

Nordy
2nd July 2008, 18:20
judging by his bikes list he probably already has his (lucky SOB)

Sinister^ what do you think of it so far.

sinister^
2nd July 2008, 22:25
judging by his bikes list he probably already has his (lucky SOB)

Sinister^ what do you think of it so far.

Nah I actually haven't got mine yet, just placed that there for good looks =).

I've been ringing the Kawasaki Dealer every day, wow they must love me :innocent:

skidMark
2nd July 2008, 22:27
Nah I actually haven't got mine yet, just placed that there for good looks =).

I've been ringing the Kawasaki Dealer every day, wow they must love me :innocent:

Everytime you call they knock you down the list one more place. ;)

Nordy
3rd July 2008, 08:17
nah cos that would put me at the top :P well closer to the top

Roki_nz
3rd July 2008, 10:13
I went to the dealer in takapuna and there were two there waiting to be picked up a day or two ago.
I'm definitely getting one as soon as I have the cash..

What you could do is put a deposit down (if it refundable) and when the next shipment comes in you will have the money and have first dips on that bike. I got really luckly that somone had changed their mind on the current shipment in wellington. I just hope somone else changes their mind on the green one i want

Roki_nz
3rd July 2008, 14:12
Just got a call from my dealer

Here is the story

The container is still in Malaysia and they should arrive in Auckland early next week. I could possible look at viewing mine next wed-thurs.

So with a bit of luck they should be here shortly

sinister^
3rd July 2008, 16:44
Just got a call from my dealer

Here is the story

The container is still in Malaysia and they should arrive in Auckland early next week. I could possible look at viewing mine next wed-thurs.

So with a bit of luck they should be here shortly

They told me it "defiantly" should be here the end of this week.

Roki_nz
3rd July 2008, 17:00
Yep got told i would get here on last sunday would get it on weds then got told the end of the week then today got told somtime next week mabey.

I'm in wellington though so i will have to wait a little longer for them to come down from auckland. But i look at it in the postive light, its been F***ing windy so it would be no fun to ride at the moment

iangee
3rd July 2008, 17:02
I was told mine was arriving on the 11th......

Nordy
3rd July 2008, 17:07

when were you told that?

iangee
3rd July 2008, 17:10
when were you told that?

bout two weeks ago... but was also told dates can move

McJim
3rd July 2008, 19:30
bout two weeks ago... but was also told dates can move

Yeah, if your date is completely immobile you can get done for necrophillia :rofl:

Roki_nz
4th July 2008, 08:29

Hmm friday next week heres hoping

Roki_nz
9th July 2008, 10:07
Just got off the phone to my dealer they are expecting the shipment to land today (fingers crossed). So hopfully soon. Will give an update as soon as i know more

*UPDATE*

My Bike is here i am going to have a look at it today

fxpc
9th July 2008, 13:09
This is crap! I put a deposit on a 250r back on the 13th March and still don't have my bike. Want to whinge, well don't try calling "Kawasaki Motorcycle Distributors" in auckland as their 0800WeSuck phone number is not working. Anyone know if theres going to be a 2009 model? I see there is an apoligie on kawasaki.co.nz on there failure in meet the demand!

sinister^
9th July 2008, 13:16
Yup, well mines at the dealers waiting for me right now. (Only because I had my name on the list first)

Only problem is that I don't have the money until fucking tomorrow

jews at the bank I tell you!!

Roki_nz
9th July 2008, 15:00
This is crap! I put a deposit on a 250r back on the 13th March and still don't have my bike. Want to whinge, well don't try calling "Kawasaki Motorcycle Distributors" in auckland as their 0800WeSuck phone number is not working. Anyone know if theres going to be a 2009 model? I see there is an apoligie on kawasaki.co.nz on there failure in meet the demand!

That sounds odd who you getting you bike from

Taz
9th July 2008, 15:06
And all you guys who pre-ordered are in with a chance to win your money back. Good Luck.

Roki_nz
9th July 2008, 16:46
Fat chances but it would be nice

Taz
9th July 2008, 17:13
What it says in the latest KiwiRider Ninja 250R ad.......

Wheeliemonsta
10th July 2008, 08:09
There being shipped to dealers now...

It will depend on how proactive your local Dealer was in as far as them possibly having any floor stock once pre-ordered bikes have been delivered - the shortage is not only in N.Z, there are several other markets in the same situation as well

Cheers

:rockon:

scott411
10th July 2008, 08:38
there is another shipment next week, and that does not fill all the preorders either,

however i have a red one available for next week,

anyone interested Pm me,

Scott
Mr Motorcycles

Roki_nz
10th July 2008, 13:21
What it says in the latest KiwiRider Ninja 250R ad.......

Yeah i know, i will have to ask my dealer about it

Nordy
10th July 2008, 13:32
the pdf explaining the money back draw is in this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=74736&page=2) link

h20boy
10th July 2008, 15:00
I'm in the third shipment for Mt Eden m/c due sometime in September...fourth in the list for an early call up if anyone pulls out...its like being 10yrs old again, the week before xmas. I'm riding my g/f's scooter around to null my painful wait. :)

Nordy
10th July 2008, 16:50
least you have a bike to ride. I have to wait patiently for my ninja to show up.

Roki_nz
11th July 2008, 16:04
the pdf explaining the money back draw is in this (http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=74736&page=2) link

I know that but i want to know if i am automaticly in it or have to fill out somthing

fatzx10r
11th July 2008, 16:10
a couple of new 250r ninjas have turned up at the bike shop in dunedin, great looking bike if your in the market for a brand new 250. i'd get one if i was, pitty they are so bloody hard to get hold of.

h20boy
12th July 2008, 07:53
I know that but i want to know if i am automaticly in it or have to fill out somthing

Im sure it says every completed warranty registration goes in the draw. IN other words, I assume this is something you fill out on pick up of the bike. All warranty registrations 1 April to 30 September...Im going to be cutting it fine.

Taz
12th July 2008, 08:00
Just hope your dealer sends it in.......

iangee
12th July 2008, 18:12
Was in at Mt Eden today, they had a Red, a Black & a Green sitting on the floor (All sold of course). They also have a black demo bike available. The green is way brighter than I had imagined but to late to change my mind on colour now! Mine apparantly will be ready within the next 8-10 days..... its going to be a long week!!

Slyer
14th July 2008, 01:46
I've seen the bikes and I love the green.

h20boy
14th July 2008, 06:52
I agree...the green is something else! The black and red makes the bike look smaller...to my eye at least.

MGST
14th July 2008, 08:22
Anyone know if Mt Eden still got any on the floor to look at?

iangee
14th July 2008, 09:59
Anyone know if Mt Eden still got any on the floor to look at?

If your quick! I was in there at 2pm on saturday so there may still be one there. They also have a demo one there so that will definately be there...

iangee
18th July 2008, 20:07
It's here, it's here!!!!! a shiny green machine is glowing in my garage!!! Too scared to ride it in the wet though so going to have to wait for a dry patch to take it out. How very exciting though........

Slyer
18th July 2008, 23:24
:D
Drop it and you'll die inside!

Gremlin
19th July 2008, 04:11
apparently Mt Eden has stock as of this afternoon, when speaking to one of the boys about something else (and catching up at the same time)

brendonjw
19th July 2008, 07:17
Yep they do, my bike is amongst the ones there :headbang: They told me it will be ready today, i dont have the time to pick it up today cause of work today though :mad:

iangee
20th July 2008, 15:23
I've been riding mine around today and its awesome, I'm very happy with it. I haven't ventured out into traffic though, luckily where I live is a private-ish road with big carpark etc so plenty of room for me to practice.