PDA

View Full Version : Hellllooooo New Zealand

Angel Dust
7th January 2005, 14:45
Hello all of you over there - I'm over here, drunk, trawling the internet as silly o'clock trying to find interesting people in New Zealand that I can talk to.

I'm a chick with an R1 - yes that's right, an R1, it is a girls bike after all!!

I'm moving to Christchurch next month and taking up a post in Christchurch University, so I hope to see some of you out and about on my travels.

See ya'll soon

Angel

Hitcher
7th January 2005, 14:47
Plenty of silly folk here up for a chat. First week of the new term, with not much to do...

Riff Raff
7th January 2005, 14:50
Welcome Angel :spudwave: :spudwave:

vifferman
7th January 2005, 14:51
Greetings, Angel Dust.

Welcome to Kiwi Biker :spudwave:

Unfortunately, Wari's not here, or he'd give you the traditional WariWelcome(TM).
If he was here, it'd look like this: :moon:

But because he's not here, you'll just have to imagine what a real one would look like. :blink:

Wellyman
7th January 2005, 14:52
Hello Angel Dust welcome to Kiwibiker :spudwave:

TwoSeven
7th January 2005, 14:58
welcome :)

Ruapuna is about a 10min ride from the uni :)

toads
7th January 2005, 15:03
hello and welcome, nice bike, although I'd be too chicken to ride one, good on ya mate!

bungbung
7th January 2005, 15:05
btw Ruapuna is a racetrack

welcome :)

Ruapuna is about a 10min ride from the uni :)

Coyote
7th January 2005, 15:06
Wilkommen to the site :niceone:

Ms Piggy
7th January 2005, 15:13
I'm a chick with an R1 - yes that's right, an R1, it is a girls bike after all!!
Some of the lads round here may disagree :)

Welcome along :spudwave:

Blackbird
7th January 2005, 15:18
Chch is nice - have a daughter doing her Psych Master's at Canterbury and she's a petrolhead too :niceone:

Cheers

Geoff

wari
7th January 2005, 15:28
Gidday ANgel ... :moon: <== Yours ... the ferst one is free ... ifit doesn't in-flate inititially ... try blowin' onit ... OH yeah ... theresa whistle onda front fur immergencies ... :spudwave:

Blakamin
7th January 2005, 15:34
Hi and welcome and all that....

Any bike photos????

ajturbo
7th January 2005, 16:05
you picked the right Island ... wrong town..

but they know how to :spudbooge :spudbooge down there

great roads!!!!

andy

avgas
7th January 2005, 16:25
:headbang:
yes ya do

jimbo600
7th January 2005, 16:25
Aye oop lass. Welcome to the site and welcome to NZ when you get here. I'm a pommy immigrant too. You'll love the Sth Is. Fantastic roads. You'll miss the bike racing scene though. No GP or WSBK here.

Ghost Lemur
7th January 2005, 17:14
Well the Chch Contingency is certainly growing, now if they could get as organized with regular rides as the wellys and jafas, then I'd have something more to look forward to.

BTW Angel Dust - What position are you taking up?

Anyone else noticed the chch r1 connection? The numbers their building could almost start their own club.

Sparky Bills
7th January 2005, 18:17

Angel

HEY!!
R1's are not just for chicks!!
Well there not, are they?? :blink: :mellow:

Welcome!
Be carefull where you go in the south Island! There are alot of strange happenings down there. :laugh:
Good luck.

StoneChucker
7th January 2005, 18:26
Hi Angel Dust

Welcome and all the usual... But, I disagree with the R1 being a girls bike :rockon: Check my profile :first:

(Although, it does seem to be only me saying it's not a girls bike, my car for that matter too. Well, bikes shouldn't be gender specific :D)

Now if you will excuse me, I have to go exfoliate :unsure: :lol:

Al
7th January 2005, 20:39
Welcome Angel Dust

R1 is not a girlies bike, hairdressers like it too.... they also seem to to like the Mazda MX5......hehehe
(Only rattling your Chain SC... Us Japies are good at that!)

Al :lol:

thehollowmen
8th January 2005, 12:59
Welcome to the madhouse

An R1? I'm very impressed...
Maybe if we get enough people we could have a South Island KB event?

sels1
8th January 2005, 13:16
drunk, trawling the internet at silly o'clock trying to find interesting people in New Zealand that I can talk to.

I'm a chick with an R1
Angel

Welcome aboard Angel, I can see you will fit right in here :)

Joni
8th January 2005, 13:23
Hiya Angel...
Welcome!
As previously mentioned, some pics of the R1 would be good...

:wavey:

magnum
8th January 2005, 13:28
hello and welcome in.nice bike :scooter:

dangerous
8th January 2005, 13:36
HEY!!
R1's are not just for chicks!!

Well thats not what she said now is it? Angel said that the R1 is a girls bike :shit:

Welcome Angel Chch is a top place when ya get here we will show ya some of the best rd's in NZ..... BTW will you be bringing the bike with you or getting a new one here?
A mate of mine works at Christchurch University and theres a few KBer's there from up north later in the year doing shit too. Let us know when you arive :ride:

ps: bring some of your winter with ya..... cos our summer hasent been much so far.

Deano
8th January 2005, 14:15

Agreed - haha.

Welcome to the looney bin.

dangerous
8th January 2005, 14:18
Agreed - haha.

Welcome to the looney bin.
hey Deano........ they only make Yamahas to keep guys like them of Honda's aye ;)

ps: Deano... p/m comming your way regarding the question below.

Deano
8th January 2005, 14:23
hey Deano........ they only make Yamahas to keep guys like them of Honda's aye ;)

Bloody Oath !!

(sorry about off topic but do you know if there is an open track day at Ruapuna during JB Memorial ?)

Nice nic Angel Dust (snooooort)

Storm
8th January 2005, 15:54
Welcome to the nuthouse. Come to NZ and help the rest of our students drink the country dry !!
Nice :scooter: you have as well

Biff
8th January 2005, 22:10
Another Christchuch welcome Angel. St Thomas? Is that the legendary, exclusive, posh island resort type place off the US? If so hellooooooooo baby, please let me show you around :niceone:

Dangerous - I smell a KB day out to welcome this lady - coffee's are on her!

Angel Dust
10th January 2005, 12:23
Thanks for the kind welcome guys n gals.

I'll be taking up a research position in Electronics, initialy working with a electronics firm.

Biff - I'll be in touch, and yes, that St Thomas.
Dangerous - Thanks very much for the kind offer in your PM
Yes guys, I'll get the first round of coffee's in.

No - I won't be bringing my bike with me. I'm just about to sell it in order to fund the purchase of a new bike.

No - I don't have any decent photos. Or indecent for that matter!

My shortlist:

a. ZX12R - to show guys how to ride
b. Blackbird - to show the guys how to ride and do it comfortably
c. Busa - to surprise the guys by sneaking up on them then pulling alongside on one wheel
d. CBR600RR - small ones are more juicy.

I wouldn't buy another R1 - I'm bored of it now.

I chose Christchurch because:
a. It's a beautiful city
b. It doesn't have the traffic problems apparent in Auckland or Wellington.

Love n peace
Angel (Angela)

manuboy
10th January 2005, 15:39

I hereby nominate myself "dude in charge of cafe selection". I'm a wee bit of a connoisseur.

And i have no problem getting taught to ride from anybody that's got good skills. Except Kickaha - he's just a loose bastard (so say ALL of us).

Get yaself a twin! (bike that is)

dangerous
10th January 2005, 15:42
I hereby nominate myself "dude in charge of cafe selection". I'm a wee bit of a connoisseur.

And i have no problem getting taught to ride from anybody that's got good skills. Except Kickaha - he's just a loose bastard (so say ALL of us).

Your a connoisseur of something but what I'm not sure......... and as for Kickaha have to agree there.

Blackbird
10th January 2005, 16:09
(of a Blackbird, that is!) :2thumbsup

Hurry up and get one and join us for the 5 day Southern Cross round NZ ride that starts at the bottom of the South Island in early May!

Geoff

Kickaha
10th January 2005, 19:11

Your a connoisseur of something but what I'm not sure......... and as for Kickaha have to agree there.

Bastards the pair of them and the last people I'd choose to associate with if I had any real friends :shake:

Just be warned Angel that Manuboy will only be allowed out if his Mum lets him and he's done all his chores and Dangerous shouldn't really be allowed out in daylight,I'm the only normal one out of the lot of them

And I don't drink coffee but a coke will do instead :2thumbsup welcome aboard

pete376403
10th January 2005, 19:53

I'll be taking up a research position in Electronics, initialy working with a electronics firm.

a. It's a beautiful city

Love n peace
Angel (Angela)

OI!! Wellington doesn't have "traffic problems". That's Aucklands specialty. However Wellington doesn't have an electronics industry to speak of either, so guess your choice of Christchurch is correct. You are going to LOVE South Island roads.

dangerous
10th January 2005, 20:24
Bastards the pair of them and the last people I'd choose to associate with if I had any real friends :shake:

Just be warned Angel that Manuboy will only be allowed out if his Mum lets him and he's done all his chores and Dangerous shouldn't really be allowed out in daylight,I'm the only normal one out of the lot of them

And I don't drink coffee but a coke will do instead :2thumbsup welcome aboard
*Mrs Hannibal yells from the cella* 'Lecter are you on that computer talking to those Kiwibikers again' "no mummy just talking to my imagenary friend Kickaha" *Lecter replys*

yip kick you are the normal one here :whistle:

Silage
10th January 2005, 20:48
I'm moving to Christchurch next month and taking up a post in Christchurch University, so I hope to see some of you out and about on my travels.Angel

Hey Angel
Welcome along. I do not know of any Canty Uni-types who are KBers (speak up if you are), my place of employment is directly next to the Uni so could do some intros to the area if you like (bike shops etc). Haven't met many of those on line here yet but suspect the warnings are all true - all good sorts :innocent:
When are you coming down?

crazylittleshit
10th January 2005, 20:55
Hello angel Hope you enjoy the sight. :ar15:

NICE BIKE (WHAT YEAR)? :second:

dangerous
10th January 2005, 21:19
Hey Angel
Welcome along. Haven't met many of those on line here yet but suspect the warnings are all true
*clears throat* what am I swiss cheese? Dont blame ya for forgetting Kickaha tho..... I do it all the time :bash:
AD: I hope you are ready for this odd lot, it will ba an experance :doobey:

Redstar
10th January 2005, 21:38
I bet if Angel Dust has a beard you would stop going Ga Ga?

I bet Angel dust is a bloke!

dangerous
10th January 2005, 22:20
I bet if Angel Dust has a beard you would stop going Ga Ga?

I bet Angel dust is a bloke!
Bugger off suzuki rider :msn-wink: ....... and dont destroy our fantacy, and....... um if thats the case then all is not lost, cos manuboy will still score :kick: :apint:

カワサキキド
14th January 2005, 12:30
I do not know of any Canty Uni-types who are KBers (speak up if you are)
There were at least 3 of us last year, thou I never caught up with them in person. I'll be seeing you on campus, unless I met you on a ride first, still over a month before the first semister starts.
Best thing about Canty, lots of covered bike parking!

hondav2
15th January 2005, 20:22
Now I have met Dangerous and his mate Manuboy, there nice guys but they aint a Southern Man like myself. If your here for 5th Feb weekend catch a ride down to the Vincent rally or March Hare in March or Scumdogs 50th Birthday. How about some Pics, Pics, Pics. Cheers Toddy and I hope you enjoy in N.Z.

scumdog
16th January 2005, 01:00

Biff - I'll be in touch, and yes, that St Thomas.
Dangerous - Thanks very much for the kind offer in your PM

No - I won't be bringing my bike with me. I'm just about to sell it in order to fund the purchase of a new bike.

No - I don't have any decent photos. Or indecent for that matter!

My shortlist:

a. ZX12R - to show guys how to ride
b. Blackbird - to show the guys how to ride and do it comfortably
c. Busa - to surprise the guys by sneaking up on them then pulling alongside on one wheel
d. CBR600RR - small ones are more juicy.

I wouldn't buy another R1 - I'm bored of it now.

a. It's a beautiful city

Love n peace
Angel (Angela)

Hi, my name is Thomas, our traffic problem down here is so light that we don't have traffic lights - or even a round-a-bout!! And our scenery ain't to bad neither. :first:

And I'm just home from the pub - and nobody picked a fight with me!!

dangerous
16th January 2005, 07:42
Now I have met Dangerous and his mate Manuboy, there nice guys
Huh...... no hes no mate of mine more like a lost sheep that follows me everywere, kinda like a bad smell... but then again that could be his blue bike :shifty:

Hi, my name is Thomas, And I'm just home from the pub - and nobody picked a fight with me!!
LMAO....... it would have to be a big balled bastard to wanta take the local plod on wouldent it ;)

AD.... not long to go now aye :)

jrandom
16th January 2005, 08:05
research position in Electronics, initialy working with a electronics firm...

Which one?

Badcat
16th January 2005, 08:46
Welcome Angel Dust

R1 is not a girlies bike, hairdressers like it too.... they also seem to to like the Mazda MX5......hehehe
(Only rattling your Chain SC... Us Japies are good at that!)

Al :lol:

dude, you have a BMW 650!
and you dare to dis the MX5?
what's with that?

k

Biff
18th January 2005, 15:32
Angel Dust has arrived and I met her for coffee this morning. She's asked me to tell you all that she's safely arrived, bike and PC less and she'll be working for me for a while. Exact location a secret as she's a babe - sorry I meant shy, and some of you are pervs, alledgedly.

Fryin Finn
18th January 2005, 15:42
A chick with an R1 that get's drunk - sounds like the perfect woman. Are you a dirty bitch too :kick:

dangerous
19th January 2005, 16:43
Angel Dust has arrived and I met her for coffee this morning. She's asked me to tell you all that she's safely arrived, bike and PC less and she'll be working for me for a while. Exact location a secret as she's a babe - sorry I meant shy, and some of you are pervs, alledgedly.
Just over 25hrs since you posted............ no fish around huh, your a bad Biff Baff :bleh:

Jantar
19th January 2005, 17:20
Some of the lads round here may disagree :)

Welcome along :spudwave:

But then again many of us would agree strongly. And if you venture a bit further south than Christchurch you will find the best motorcycling roads in New zealand. :scooter:

inlinefour
27th January 2005, 01:40
St Thomas :whistle: