PDA

View Full Version : Guest veiwing user profiles

pipeman
7th January 2005, 14:57
Stranger danger alert people :gob:
watch out what you put in your user profiles theirs alot of guests looken :bye:

Motoracer
7th January 2005, 15:01
Suerly, they can not view profiles can they? Spank?

vifferman
7th January 2005, 15:05
Suerly, they can not view profiles can they? Spank?Yup. :eek:

Riff Raff
7th January 2005, 15:08
Has this caused a problem for you?

Coyote
7th January 2005, 15:09
What dumbass would wanna come to this site to look through the profiles?

Slingshot
7th January 2005, 15:11
I've just logged out to try it...you can read the person's public profile.

Mine you, you'd have to be a bit thick to put any information in your profile that could lead people to you anyway. Guest or otherwise.
Think about how hard it is to join this site, it's not like you have to provide proof of ID, have a criminal check done, supply references, pay subs.

Really the only difference between a guest viewing your profile and a member viewing it is the couple of minutes it takes to join.

And perhaps this thread should be in the Site Stuff forum (should have been a mod but no bastard voted for me:Oi: ).

Biff
7th January 2005, 15:12
Does it matter if they look - we don't have our real names, contact info on there - do we?

Besides, apart from the kind of bike I ride the rest of the info' on there is BS. Possibly, maybe, or maybe not...
:cool2:

crashe
7th January 2005, 15:15
Well I aint got a lot on my profile..... lol
I never do in any message board that I am a member of.

Slingshot
7th January 2005, 15:18
The other cool thing I forgot to mention is when you hit the logout button the whole site changes to black & white.

Very flash SpankMe.

vifferman
7th January 2005, 15:19
should have been a mod but no bastard voted for meI'd have voted for you. Or anyone else. :wavey:

If I'd voted.

Don't take it hard. You could be unpopular like me. Probably because I'm a quidnunc.
Which people find very annoying. (Or is that "Who people find very annoying"?)

pipeman
7th January 2005, 15:21
Has this caused a problem for you?
No problem to me but just abit concerned about my fello KB buddies.
You have to look after yourself in this big world but it's nice if someone
spells out the hazards :calm:

Ms Piggy
7th January 2005, 15:25
Sometimes I kinda forget that this whole website can be accessed by any number of sickos & perverts at any time - and that's just the other members! :killingme

You've just gotta be careful about what info you're posting.

Btw - does anyone know if Guests can access 'user notes'?

crashe
7th January 2005, 15:27
"User Notes" Huh ? what is that.... since I aint that computerlit..

mattt
7th January 2005, 15:29

Yeh very true.
I hate it when the groups of hot :apint: girls are banging on my window at 3am in the mornings. Really disturbs my sleep :bleh:

Slingshot
7th January 2005, 15:32
Btw - does anyone know if Guests can access 'user notes'?<?xml:namespace prefix = v ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" /><v:shape id=_x0000_i1025 style="WIDTH: 414.75pt; HEIGHT: 311.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title=\"\" src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LamberJ1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
<v:shape style="WIDTH: 414.75pt; HEIGHT: 311.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title=\"\" src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LamberJ1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.png"></v:imagedata></v:shape>
<v:shape style="WIDTH: 414.75pt; HEIGHT: 311.25pt" type="#_x0000_t75"><v:imagedata o:title=\"\" src="file:///C:/DOCUME~1/LamberJ1/LOCALS~1/Temp/msoclip1/01/clip_image001.png">No, doesn't look like it.</v:imagedata></v:shape>

Blakamin
7th January 2005, 15:32
And perhaps this thread should be in the Site Stuff forum (should have been a mod but no bastard voted for me:Oi: ).
But it is :spudwhat: :whistle:

Lucyloo
7th January 2005, 15:33
Yeh very true.
I hate it when the groups of hot :apint: girls are banging on my window at 3am in the mornings. Really disturbs my sleep :bleh:

Sorry, but me and my mates like to stalk you young boys...and you live so close.......we could try and do it a little earlier next time if that would help?

Motoracer
7th January 2005, 15:35
Yup. :eek:
Hmmmm, I am sure that wasn't possible in the past. Maybe I am just confused or something. I don't have any personal info in my profile tho. Just a bunch of pics which I am not too woried about. I think it's just the same as walking around in public.

Slingshot
7th January 2005, 15:35
Btw - does anyone know if Guests can access 'user notes'?
This is all they can see:

crashe
7th January 2005, 15:40
Well I wondered where this thread disappeared to....
Been hunting all around the site......lol...

Slingshot
7th January 2005, 15:46
But it is :spudwhat: :whistle:
Smart Arse!!!!:angry2:

Ms Piggy
7th January 2005, 15:46
I think it's just the same as walking around in public.
I dunno - I think it's quite different b/c walking around in public you can choose not to be around certain people but on the WWW anyone can be there. Still I wouldn't have fallen in love with bikes & met some of you awesome people if it hadn't been for this site.

SpankMe
7th January 2005, 15:47
Changed it awhile ago. Can't remember why at the mo. I have added a poll.

ajturbo
7th January 2005, 15:54
I dunno - I think it's quite different b/c walking around in public you can choose not to be around certain people but on the WWW anyone can be there. Still I wouldn't have fallen in love with bikes & met some of you awesome people if it hadn't been for this site.

i know what you mean!
if it wasn't for this site, i would be riding around by myself.... wait i do that any way!!! :crazy:

but i have meet some great people on this site... i think they may just put up with me, for a short amout of time any way

andy

pipeman
7th January 2005, 15:56
Changed it awhile ago. Can't remember why at the mo. I have added a poll.
Well "Spank me" just think it's a bit spooky if strangers can look. I only like too show KB,s on what,s special about me :laugh:

Motoracer
7th January 2005, 15:57
i know what you mean!
if it wasn't for this site, i would be riding around by myself.... wait i do that any way!!! :crazy:

but i have meet some great people on this site... i think they may just put up with me, for a short amout of time any way

andy
Are you keen to come tomorrow for a ride if the weather is all good Andy?

MSTRS
7th January 2005, 16:04
Think about how hard it is to join this site, it's not like you have to provide proof of ID, have a criminal check done, supply references, pay subs.

???????That's not wot Spankme said when I joined. Rotten swizz :sneaky2:

Ghost Lemur
7th January 2005, 17:18
Seriously most guests browsing profiles are looking to see if they know anyone here.

Main reason I didn't is I already knew who I knew here from a different forum and they had the same usernames.

But look at what you can put into your profile, not really a lot of room for stranger danger. Maybe spiders trawling for web address's, but beyond that...

*puts on tinfoil hat incase the gods decide to spite him*

MacD
7th January 2005, 22:04

Really the only difference between a guest viewing your profile and a member viewing it is the couple of minutes it takes to join.

Well put Slingshot.

Personally I'd be a lot more concerned about people posting pictures with bike registration plates visible than what is available in the public profiles. It take a few minutes and a few dollars at the local Post Office to find out who owns a bike and where they live...

:doh:

James Deuce
7th January 2005, 22:39
This is all they can see:

That's all public domain stuff anyway.

No issue with that.