PDA

View Full Version : Auckland: SMC Coromandel Loop 6th July

Ragingrob
2nd July 2008, 10:27
Alright guys well here's a place to sign up just so that we have an idea on numbers and can organise somewhat two groups of different paces or something.

Right, so on the weekend after exams I think it'll be time for a good ol' fashioned SMC club ride. It'll make a great start to the holidays. Open to all riders capable of open road speeds :)

WHY: to unwind, relax, and have a fun day
WHEN: end of exams - sunday the 6th of july, rain date weekend after
WHERE: CORO LOOP! a loop of the coromandel peninsula, anticlockwise, with a detour through twilight road to kaiauia there and miranda backroads on the way back.
HOW: meet at uni gym at 9am, leaving the port caltex 10am at the latest. finish up back at uni about 4 or 5pm.

So post up interest and i'll see you all at the end of that dark tunnel that is exams :woohoo:

there will be open road riding, alot of corners :wacko:, the inevitable roadworks, about 450km of gas/rubber burning action, and should take the group about 7 hours provided everyone keeps upright and we don't stop too often - let's try to do it in less that 6 :)

There will be the usual pre-ride inspection to hopefully prevent avoidable damage/accidents and helmet/gloves/jacket are obviously a must.

So sign on up! Here - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/calendar.php?do=getinfo&e=1665&day=2008-7-6&c=1

Link to ride thread - http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/showthread.php?t=72996

TOTO
2nd July 2008, 10:40
I cant see a SIGN Up button :blink:

i'm gonna be there anyhow.

lemining
2nd July 2008, 11:04
i agree...

Ragingrob
2nd July 2008, 11:51
Fixed!!!

10char

Swoop
2nd July 2008, 11:56
All that way and not doing the Whangamata hill???:weep:

Ragingrob
2nd July 2008, 12:01
All that way and not doing the Whangamata hill???:weep:

Trust me, it takes about an hour to even get the Uni club in one place, let alone get through the coro loop in a day! :pinch:

Swoop
2nd July 2008, 12:21
So, they are not just scarf-draggers...<_<

TOTO
2nd July 2008, 12:33
I'm keen on the whangamata hill :yes:

We'll see on the day who is keen and will take it from there :D

Dakara
4th July 2008, 22:27
Argh, well I'm keen but have had to pull out. The weather tomorrow is going to be shit so wont get any flying done, meaning if the weather is improved on Sunday I'll have a backlog of students from both last weekend and tomorrow to catch up on. :bye:

However, as of August 4th I'll have a new CBR600RR to scrub in so will be looking for as many rides as I can get :Punk: