PDA

View Full Version : Southland Rnd 3 Sunday 6th July - Weather Update

scorry
2nd July 2008, 11:26
Hope you all have chains for your bikes LOL

Fri 4 Cloud increasing and rain developing. Snow lowering to 300 metres. Bitterly cold southwest winds developing, gale in exposed places.

Sat 5 Rain and snow easing to showers of sleet, and snow above 300 metres, during the morning. Bitterly cold southwesterlies, gale in exposed places.

Sun 6 Showers, with snow level rising. Bitterly cold southwest winds, gale at times in exposed places.

Mon 7 Showers, with snow to very low levels. Bitterly cold southerlies.

I was gonna go in the have a go class, but not anymore :baby:
Good luck

Maido
2nd July 2008, 12:49
yeah good call, i have officially retired until the monroe weekend!

I have raced in the snow before, it sucks!

johnsv650
4th July 2008, 09:46
and i thought southlanders were tough......

Tim 39
4th July 2008, 13:53
even if it's snowing they'll still be standing round in their rugby shorts! It's a bit of a contrast when I turn up wearing my jacket moaning that it's cold

GaZBur
4th July 2008, 15:01
Come on ya pussys! We all know what happens at Teretonga. You do practice on a wet track, then the wind comes up and the track dries, same scenario last 3 times I been there. Ok it can get a wee bit windy there but still its a chance to race!
I am still on untill the roads south are closed.

fatzx10r
4th July 2008, 15:51
Hope you all have chains for your bikes LOL

Fri 4 Cloud increasing and rain developing. Snow lowering to 300 metres. Bitterly cold southwest winds developing, gale in exposed places.

Sat 5 Rain and snow easing to showers of sleet, and snow above 300 metres, during the morning. Bitterly cold southwesterlies, gale in exposed places.

Sun 6 Showers, with snow level rising. Bitterly cold southwest winds, gale at times in exposed places.

Mon 7 Showers, with snow to very low levels. Bitterly cold southerlies.

I was gonna go in the have a go class, but not anymore :baby:
Good luck

sounds alot like drinking weather to me:drinkup:

scorry
4th July 2008, 15:59
Come on ya pussys! We all know what happens at Teretonga. You do practice on a wet track, then the wind comes up and the track dries, same scenario last 3 times I been there. Ok it can get a wee bit windy there but still its a chance to race!
I am still on untill the roads south are closed.

Hey Gaz, best of luck mate, im not heading down, i would if i was racing but im just going down to have a go, not very fun in the wet.
Im off to MCR tonight to see if i can crack 150hp, hopefully.
C u in timas mate

GaZBur
4th July 2008, 19:11
I have looked at http://www.metvuw.com/forecast/ every trip before going to Invercargill and they have been accurate for rain and wind strength every time so far. So I am hoping the wind is not too bad as metvuw doesnt look to bad. So thier maps look to me to show light showers and moderate winds for Sunday. So don't be put off guys.

Tim 39
4th July 2008, 20:10
Quite the local Dunedin dicussion isn't it!
I'm not going down as my bike isn't going yet (it is at the autospectactular though)
It's good they've put the price down, might encourage a few more people to go, as numbers are down a bit in recent times

Maido
5th July 2008, 10:35
Remember if it is windy to keep mid track on the straight, if you don't you will get blown into the boonies at the top ind of the straight.

To be fair, looking outside, Tim you have made the correct choice, ground surface outside is about 5 degrees, tires don't stick well to that!

GaZBur
5th July 2008, 13:50
OK. I will have to conceed. Bugger! Just phoned the AA and there are Snow and Ice warnings for all roads in Otago Southland and restrictions on towing vehicles. If any Invercargill guys ride tomorrow I wish you all the best.:cold: