PDA

View Full Version : Bikers banned from Paris tunnel

Bob
2nd July 2008, 22:08
Bikers are to be banned from using the new A86 tunnel in Paris – because they might scare other road users!

According to FEMA, the ban is because “motorcyclists may cause stress to other road users” and they if they stand up on their footpegs to ride through the tunnel, they might exceed the two metre height restriction!

FEMA has written to French President Nicholas Sarkozy, asking him to live up to his promise that “no road should be banned to any road users without good safety reasons”.

Coyote
2nd July 2008, 22:16
Good fucking riddance. Motorcycles are a menace to society.

Swoop
3rd July 2008, 09:45
Another valid reason for permitting nuclear testing in frogland.

Grub
3rd July 2008, 09:57
... the ban is because “motorcyclists may cause stress to other road users” and they if they stand up on their footpegs to ride through the tunnel, they might exceed the two metre height restriction!

Don't forget also that they might try and take photographs of the occupants of any black Mercedes going into the tunnel.

Quasievil
3rd July 2008, 10:39
OMG how fucken dare they !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh actually on second thoughts no I dont care in the slightest what they do, they can ban bikes in france, I dont care really

Mikkel
3rd July 2008, 10:46
I'm guessing that more bikers will be travelling through that tunnel after the ban than before...

We all know how french motorcyclists are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo5naWoN8zo

007XX
3rd July 2008, 11:16
Gaaaahhh *thud*...and yes, the PC BS carries on!

Paris is a shit place to ride at the best of times anyway.

C_A
3rd July 2008, 11:55
viv' la france.
jsut drive citroens :)

jrandom
3rd July 2008, 12:37
Are motorcycles with engines making more than 100hp still banned in France?

:blink:

Never been there, but if the Frogs I've met overseas are any indication as to the national mentality, I don't ever want to go there.

Inefficient bunch of up-themselves whingemonkeys.

Shoulda just let the Germans 'ave the place.

Quasievil
3rd July 2008, 13:32
The French women do have great accents though, and are generally arousing, particulary when they walk up behind you in moto shows and whisper in your ear GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Well

jrandom
3rd July 2008, 13:37
particulary when they walk up behind you in moto shows and whisper in your ear GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Actually, I find that works pretty much any time anywhere.

:love:

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2008, 13:38
...so are Coyotes mate... I was invited to go shoot the fuckers a while back

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2008, 13:41

I thought De Gaulle did... and they named an international aiport after him as a "come take me anytime".

jrandom
3rd July 2008, 13:45
I thought De Gaulle did...

Hardly. Surely you are thinking of Pétain?

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2008, 14:23

Quite - right, thanks!

007XX
3rd July 2008, 14:30

Coyotes are very cute...it's bloody hyenas I don't like!

I thought De Gaulle did... and they named an international aiport after him as a "come take me anytime".

Na ah...if my grandfather heard you said that, you'd be in deeeeepp doodoo mister.

Monsieur Charles De Gaule was seen as nothing short of a hero to the French public back then. But as usual, the french governement was what let the nation down...this short biography is quite concise:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_figures/gaulle_charles_de.shtml

what he said...and love your spelling!

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2008, 14:42
Na ah...if my grandfather heard you said that, you'd be in deeeeepp doodoo mister.

Désolé ......

007XX
3rd July 2008, 14:45
Désolé ......

C'est pas grave, je ne t'en veux pas!

ManDownUnder
3rd July 2008, 14:53
C'est pas grave, je ne t'en veux pas!

That's French for "talk dirty to me" isn't it...?

C_A
3rd July 2008, 15:00
slither/float by in one of these and you wont need tunnels at all

007XX
3rd July 2008, 15:07
slither/float by in one of these and you wont need tunnels at all
http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/1553/citroeniduy1.jpg

Float is right...I can still remember how car sick I got as a kid while we were driving across France to meet up with our various family members. The suspension, however revolutionary it might have been seen as in those days, gave the vehicle a definite wallow that was not very friendly to a 6 year old kid with nothing to do in the back other than look at the fascinating french scenery in winter for days on end...The one I am refering to is the Citroen CX, with its hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension system.

Toaster
3rd July 2008, 15:17
That banning idea is as ridiculous as the idea in Aussie that they would bring back front rego plates for bikes - probably so speed cameras could ping them from the front.

Geez there are some numbnuts wetpants poofs working in govt agencies these days! Next they will ban bikes cause they don't have a roll cage or four wheels.

alanzs
3rd July 2008, 15:27
Funny 'cause French people don't scare easily. Walking on the sidewalk, covered in poodle shit, will scare anyone and they don't even break their stride... Go figure?

Coyote
3rd July 2008, 18:26
I was taking the piss, you're just being a meanie :(

Coyotes are way cuter than most bikers...

Roki_nz
4th July 2008, 12:39
Are motorcycles with engines making more than 100hp still banned in France?

:blink:

Never been there, but if the Frogs I've met overseas are any indication as to the national mentality, I don't ever want to go there.

Inefficient bunch of up-themselves whingemonkeys.

I have a better idea get an army of english longbows and take it back for the crown

boomer
4th July 2008, 12:59
Demand
side impact bars
and
side airbags!

C_A
4th July 2008, 13:07
Float is right...I can still remember how car sick I got as a kid while we were driving across France to meet up with our various family members. The suspension, however revolutionary it might have been seen as in those days, gave the vehicle a definite wallow that was not very friendly to a 6 year old kid with nothing to do in the back other than look at the fascinating french scenery in winter for days on end...The one I am refering to is the Citroen CX, with its hydropneumatic self-leveling suspension system.

yeah it's a bit to get used to. I've had a bx and now drive a '60 ID19. I don't think I could live without a hydro citoren now

jrandom
4th July 2008, 13:14
Demand
side impact bars
and
side airbags!

The GSX1400 comes with them, stock.

Swoop
4th July 2008, 13:56
I have a better idea get an army of english longbows and take it back for the crown
You have to hand it to the french... they certainly won't fight for it.

boomer
4th July 2008, 15:10
The GSX1400 comes with them, stock.

are we talking about your love handles being the Side air bags..??!! Even Suzuki would be hard pushed to sell you with every 1400 bro

boomer
4th July 2008, 15:11
You have to hand it to the french... they certainly won't fight for it.

Run away !!!!

jrandom
4th July 2008, 15:32
are we talking about your love handles being the Side air bags..??!!

I believe you're getting confused with my external abdominal obliques acting as side impact bars.

:niceone:

twotyred
4th July 2008, 15:35
this is a globalist issue,part of an ongoing UN agenda so the french-bashing is a bit a miss,and will no doubt be coming to a globalist contolled country near you soon enough.

henry
4th July 2008, 21:48
Paris is a shit place to ride at the best of times anyway.

Maybe be a shit place to ride, but it's a great place to drive...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfePhSLdVM8

007XX
7th July 2008, 11:35
Maybe be a shit place to ride, but it's a great place to drive...

Don't get me wrong, it's one of the most beautiful places on Earth as far as I'm concerned...but it's still a bad place for traffic.

And that vid would have been likely taken during the Summer holidays, bloody early in the morning. Hardly a case in point then eh?

Skyryder
14th July 2008, 13:38
Knowing the French they will get off their bikes and walk. They know how to take to the streets. Their republic was founded on it.:Pokey:

Skyyrder

chrisso
24th July 2008, 17:45
yeah I agree.Fuggin noisy scary bikies.Make them all drive Diahatsus & Hyundis.

mstriumph
24th July 2008, 17:54
Funny 'cause French people don't scare easily. Walking on the sidewalk, covered in poodle shit, will scare anyone and they don't even break their stride... Go figure? not just poodle shit neither ............... dirty bastards

sorry - that'd be bâtards sales in the light of previous posts - i guess :confused:

mstriumph
24th July 2008, 17:57
...............but it's still a bad place for traffic.

............... spent nearly an hour going round and round in circles in the rush hour trying to get OUT of the place last time :no: ........ good job i had sandwiches and a sense of the ridiculous .....

007XX
25th July 2008, 12:22
spent nearly an hour going round and round in circles in the rush hour trying to get OUT of the place last time :no: ........ good job i had sandwiches and a sense of the ridiculous .....

:laugh: I know what you mean...I found that rush hour was the best time to just plonk yourself in a nice cafe, and have a little perv at all the nice toosh walking past.

French men may be arrogant bastards that I wouldn't date even if you paid me, but by crickey the gene pool's cute :drool:

mstriumph
25th July 2008, 12:42
:laugh: I know what you mean...I found that rush hour was the best time to just plonk yourself in a nice cafe, and have a little perv at all the nice toosh walking past.

French men may be arrogant bastards that I wouldn't date even if you paid me, but by crickey the gene pool's cute :drool: ditto that! arrogant, self-centred bastards --- but good eye-candy :rolleyes: