PDA

View Full Version : Attn Motard riders.....

CHOPPA
5th July 2008, 20:38
I am in the process with speed tech of organising an indoor/outdoor supermoto event in hamilton. We have the venue picked out we had a look through the buildings car park and grass areas today and it looks promising, it will be tight but plenty of fun.

We are looking at renting the place for a play day for a start to see how it goes (without any dirt section) and if all goes well we will look at organising a proper event

We are just curious to see how many people might be keen to come give a practice day a shot to help with the cost of hiring the place?

scott411
6th July 2008, 07:27
im in,

call Acky at bike Torque, he has good group

CHOPPA
6th July 2008, 18:12
cool scotty! hey i just got my 450 motard sorted today and followed it up with a big highside out the back of cambridge! started getting a bit cocky got on the gas coming out of the corner i rolled off the gas but the back kept comin around and chucked me in the air haha good thing i had all my gear on!!!!

Its a bit slow with the 4 speed cause its a 06 model but ill give racing it a go anyway. Any tips on the suspension? stock seems to soft, specially with me on it!!!

Also if you have a pro circuit and slipper clutch kicking around?

I'm motarded
6th July 2008, 18:19
I'd be keen to have a crack :woohoo:

scott411
6th July 2008, 21:14
i ran stock suspension with the compression wound up, but i am sure heavier vavling would be better,

we have never really needed to hop upa 450, so no pipes hanging around

SeppoDave
7th July 2008, 19:43
Tell me more when you find out the details!

skypig
7th July 2008, 20:01
Count me in. (assuming I can the time off)

Coyote
7th July 2008, 20:13
One more reason to buy a Motard.

CHOPPA
7th July 2008, 21:33
its looking good for the practice event, we need approx 15 riders to make it affordable. It will be good to have a play and get everyones feedback on what we can do to make it a decent event if possible, if not we will all have a good blast! will keep ya posted....

I'm motarded
10th July 2008, 18:01
One more reason to buy a Motard.

I agree :Punk:

Crasherfromwayback
11th July 2008, 15:08
cool scotty! hey i just got my 450 motard sorted today and followed it up with a big highside out the back of cambridge! started getting a bit cocky got on the gas coming out of the corner i rolled off the gas but the back kept comin around and chucked me in the air haha good thing i had all my gear on!!!!

Its a bit slow with the 4 speed cause its a 06 model but ill give racing it a go anyway. Any tips on the suspension? stock seems to soft, specially with me on it!!!

Also if you have a pro circuit and slipper clutch kicking around?

The 4 speed is not that much of a problem mate! Sure a five speeder allows you to run shorter gearing...but it didn't slow me down too much at Wangas.

The bridge did though.

CHOPPA
11th July 2008, 15:52
haha oh really!! oops! im gonna have a turn on mine at the next round of the vic series... Just been on the phone to a localish kart track they seem quite keen to get something happening there as well