View Full Version : Stroud to ride a ducati

kawa10
6th July 2008, 11:43
just found this in the nz herald
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/category/story.cfm?c_id=66&objectid=10520028
:rockon:

Drew
6th July 2008, 11:46
I know a guy that knows a guy who picked his up yesterday.

Time to sit back and wait for the first local review:corn:

MVnut
6th July 2008, 11:52
I know a guy that knows a guy who picked his up yesterday.

Time to sit back and wait for the first local review:corn:

and it's not the only one either .............. not even as rare as Tamburinis in NZ hehehe

NZsarge
6th July 2008, 11:54
and it's not the only one either .............. not even as rare as Tamburinis in NZ hehehe

Checked out a Tamburini at Manfeild couple of weeks or so ago, lots of carbon fibre and magnesium alloy...

MVnut
6th July 2008, 12:18
Checked out a Tamburini at Manfeild couple of weeks or so ago, lots of carbon fibre and magnesium alloy...

you forgot 'Titanium' hehehe

White trash
6th July 2008, 12:21
Heard, as well as being a superbike team owner, also holds a land speed record. He stopped the radar at 295.53km/h during the Carterton flying mile event on his production MV Agusta F4, and chuckles when talking about it. He now claims he went nine kilometres an hour faster than Munro

Ummmm, since when is that a land speed record?

And big ups Paul, you went faster than a 1920s Indian, you the man.

bistard
6th July 2008, 12:32

Yeah,there are now three Tamburinis in NZ

Sparky Bills
6th July 2008, 13:17
Thats cool!
Great to see the bike being used for what its made for...GOING REALLY REALLY FAST!!!:rockon:

Taz
6th July 2008, 13:21
Go stroud! And on a real bike too!

Not very exclusive though, one of 1500......
My ducati is one of only 800 :nya:

koba
6th July 2008, 14:05
From the article:

"Heard, as well as being a superbike team owner, also holds a land speed record. He stopped the radar at 295.53km/h during the Carterton flying mile event on his production MV Agusta F4, and chuckles when talking about it. He now claims he went nine kilometres an hour faster than Munro. And it's this desire to follow in the footsteps of Munro that's part of the driving force behind the record attempt."

That seems strange...

Burt Munros 1962 record on the Indian as an 850 was 288kph, thats a two way run within a certain time and all that jazz.
As a 950cc bike in 1967 he went 295.44kph, again 2 ways and certified.
He was clocked at 190.07 mph or 305.89kph on a one way run.
Mr Heard only set his times on the MV in one direction at Carterton on a road that may or may not be flat enough to satisfy gradient requirements for official runs.

Hopfully it is just another case of shit journalism....

Don't get me wrong with that either, I think it is good that Mr Heard is keen on going fast and I hope it all goes well for them :)

I just like information presented as fact ot be just that...

koba
6th July 2008, 19:28
People have also been faster at the sprints, last time a guy Malcolm Breadmore went 312 on a NOSed "Busa.

Nonbeliever
7th July 2008, 16:26
People have also been faster at the sprints, last time a guy Malcolm Breadmore went 312 on a NOSed "Busa.

>300 was done 4 or 5 years back down south in a sprint.

Nonbeliever
7th July 2008, 16:27
"The bike is capable of 350km/h "

ya gota love these quotes.

Drew
7th July 2008, 16:50
"The bike is capable of 350km/h "

ya gota love these quotes.

Your name + your text = Ironic.

I suppose that tuned and geared right, almost any thou would be capable of it too, with long enough run up of course. So I wont say it's out of the question, all depends on how the bike is built differently to acheive reliability from race spec, I reckon at least.

johan
7th July 2008, 17:37
MCN did a top speed test of the desmosedici, but they don't give you the results, that's annoying.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiIwoCSAAhw

It has a few interesting features, such as the vertical exhaust that will improve the aerodynamic by creating an extended air bubble around the rider.

Here's a pretty good article compare the commercial available RR with the GP bike.
http://www.robotpig.net/automotive/en_desmosedici.php

I'd be awesome if Ducati came out with a "normal" bike with the twin pulse V4 engine.

Kickaha
7th July 2008, 19:03
>300 was done 4 or 5 years back down south in a sprint.

Around March 2000, John Hepburn of Timaru set a new NZ land speed record of 307.447km in a run in Southland near Edendale on a Hayabusa

CHOPPA
7th July 2008, 19:03
What ever happend to the mv superbike? Is Nick O still riding it? Glenn Tanner was going good on it at Puke for the first couple of rounds of auckland series

koba
7th July 2008, 19:07
Around March 2000, John Hepburn of Timaru set a new NZ land speed record of 307.447km in a run in Southland near Edendale on a Hayabusa

That was a proper 2 way job too.
Nessecary for a RECORD.

kawa10
7th July 2008, 20:24
What ever happend to the mv superbike? Is Nick O still riding it? Glenn Tanner was going good on it at Puke for the first couple of rounds of auckland series

hey choppa. its sitting in my shed. the bike is still going to be riden by nicko. its just had a race kit fitted as it was still in full road trim. hopefully be ready for a trail at the next vmcc round. will we be seeing you there?

CHOPPA
7th July 2008, 21:36
yeah man ill be there! ill be doing 3 classes cause i have a motard bike too!

Thats good to hear nicks still on it, damn thats another 1000 for the superbike class! haha

koba
8th July 2008, 12:40
Read the article, this record is for a production motorcycle UP TO 1000cc, I dont think a Busa qualifies.....

Read the post, He was elaborating on what Nonbeliever was saying.
Also (As far as I know- Correct me If I'm wrong) if the Desmodada beats that time in a PROPER sanctioned 2way run it will own the OUTRIGHT NZ Motorcycle speed record aswell and any class honours, so it is relevant.

kawa10
8th July 2008, 20:52
go away knob

koba
9th July 2008, 13:00
go away knob

It is a bit strange to talk to your knob in a racing forum....

Deano
9th July 2008, 15:16
go away knob

Huh ?? :Playnice:

For the record - there have been no NZ land Speed Records set at the Cliff Hanger run Carterton Sprints.

Nonbeliever
9th July 2008, 18:23

I wasnt talking about Hepburn.

CHOPPA
1st November 2008, 20:51
what happened to stoudy riding the ducati....?

Shaun
2nd November 2008, 07:32
what happened to stoudy riding the ducati....?

I think there was just to much difficulty involved for Andrew to stay involved with it

wharfy
2nd November 2008, 11:29
From the cliffhanger web site http://www.cliffhanger.org.nz/sprints/sprints.htm

New Zealand Speed Record Attempt!

On the 9th of November at 9am Cliffhanger Promotions will be holding a New Zealand speed record attempt event.

There will be a number of interesting machines taking part in the event, including a Ducati Desmodici RR.

Records will be broken!

Please note that this is not taking part at the usual venue, but on Murphy's Line, just out of Featherston. Please click here for a map.

We need 25 marshals for this event, so if you can help out that would be appreciated. Please contact us via the details below if you can help.

Ivan
2nd November 2008, 18:49
Yeah guys come along and give us alot of support,
Make it a awsome day I cant wait counting down 7 days to go.

Rob Taylor
3rd November 2008, 20:00
WE will be there:headbang:Wouldnt miss it for the world....Guna be a great day:banana:

flame
3rd November 2008, 21:59
Bring on a sunny windless Sunday eh. My stunning dream machine ride arrives at the end of the week! (kindly loaned and hugest thanks to MV Nut) Cant wait to meet her again. I'm looking forward to climbing aboard and getting to know her a little before Sunday......

Hope lots of you will come along and support these 'record attempts' and surely 'record breakers', as well as the 'crazed woman' title :ride:

Ivan
4th November 2008, 11:19
it better clear up from how it is now windy and raining in featherston oh rat

henry
4th November 2008, 11:39
What's the set up for spectators on Sunday? Are we going to be able to see the fast bits or will it just be the start and finish?