PDA

View Full Version : Triads?

peasea
6th July 2008, 21:10
So, with all the Asians beating their chests and screaming about the shortcomings of the folk in blue not protecting them, they have decided that getting some Triads to call the 'shots' might be on the cards.

How does this rate generally? They come over here and set up shop, fine. Go for it, free enterprise etc. Some people get the bash, so what? We all get the bash 'here and there' as a nation, right? Violence seems to know no race. If Asians are so keen on being kiwis then why dont they get beside/alongside everyone else who has had the bash?

Why are they so special? They aren't; they have two arms, two legs and are no more the victim of violence than the average toddler or old woman in NZ.

If we are all kiwis then surely we don't need the Triad any more than we need the Mongrel Mob or Black Power in the first instance, right? Or is this now the kiwi way? Triads are the Asian way........ It's so rascist..... How was that twat sayng he was going to "kick ass" on TV tonight? What a twat. I don't care who he is or what race is he is, he's a twat.

If we, as kiwis, want law and order then surely our support should go collectively to those put in place to provide it. Hiring 'gangs' for security has a poor history (Altamont Speedway is a perfect example) and while the police aren't perfect I would suggest that Triads are a poor second cousin.

There was a community protection group in Wanganui on TV the other night who were cruising the streets simply reporting petty crime but not actively partaking in confronting offenders. Fine by me; I don't go out tagging etc., so I have nothing to hide and no fear of being snapped, but to hire Triads is a tad over the top.

So much for 'assimiliation'.

What say you?

98tls
6th July 2008, 21:16
Short bandy legged assasins,if nothing else in modern times its original thinking,maybe onboard these.

alanzs
6th July 2008, 21:19
Forget race, that's not the issue. The issue is NZ is soft on criminals. I think people should have the right to carry handguns and be able to protect themselves. Criminals do think differently when there is the possibility that the victim may blow their fucking head off.

So, are people going to be sheep, sheep dogs or wolves? We all make choices...

http://www.local10.com/news/13594353/detail.html

PLANTATION, Fla. -- The family of one of the men who was shot by a retired United States Marine while they attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop said the customer shouldn't have pulled the trigger.

According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Road shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force John Lovell into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby Bank Atlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.Gadson's grandparents told Local 10 on Thursday that Lovell was wrong for pulling the trigger."He should not have taken the law in his hands," said Rosa Jones, Gadson's grandmother.Her husband, Ivory Jones, also condemned the media for its portrayal of Lovell's actions."I don't condone what they did, (but) I definitely don't condone the news people making him out to seem like they're making a hero out of this man because he shot somebody down," he said.But Lovell's neighbor said he made the right decision."He did the right thing," said Wendi Hill. "I mean, I was glad that it was them that got shot and not him."Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

peasea
6th July 2008, 21:40
Forget race, that's not the issue. The issue is NZ is soft on criminals. I think people should have the right to carry handguns and be able to protect themselves. Criminals do think differently when there is the possibility that the victim may blow their fucking head off.

So, are people going to be sheep, sheep dogs or wolves? We all make choices...

http://www.local10.com/news/13594353/detail.html

PLANTATION, Fla. -- The family of one of the men who was shot by a retired United States Marine while they attempted to rob a Subway sandwich shop said the customer shouldn't have pulled the trigger.

According to Plantation police, two armed men barged into the Subway at 1949 Pine Island Road shortly after 11 p.m. Wednesday, demanding money from the employee behind the counter. When they tried to force John Lovell into the bathroom, he pulled out a gun and shot both men, police said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, was shot in the head and later died at the hospital. Fredrick Gadson, 21, was shot in the chest and ran from the Subway, but police found him in hiding in some bushes on the property of a nearby Bank Atlantic.

Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.Gadson's grandparents told Local 10 on Thursday that Lovell was wrong for pulling the trigger."He should not have taken the law in his hands," said Rosa Jones, Gadson's grandmother.Her husband, Ivory Jones, also condemned the media for its portrayal of Lovell's actions."I don't condone what they did, (but) I definitely don't condone the news people making him out to seem like they're making a hero out of this man because he shot somebody down," he said.But Lovell's neighbor said he made the right decision."He did the right thing," said Wendi Hill. "I mean, I was glad that it was them that got shot and not him."Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.

I agree, forget race. Why do the Asians think they're so special? That's my point. Why are they marching as a lone group? Why not mrach with all of us? It's their (often) unwillingness to assimilate that irks me.

Headbanger
6th July 2008, 21:42
Triads ain't going to be marching the streets fighting crime. They have better ways of making money,........... Like crime

What a sad joke.

Now, If he had said Ninjas......or Batman.......

98tls
6th July 2008, 21:45
No problem with guns here but was shocked at the figure of 28,000 deaths per year in the states as a result of them i heard last night.

alanzs
6th July 2008, 21:46
I hear you.
Everyone thinks they're special when they feel like they aren't getting represented fairly or being taken advantage of. Maori, Asian, Kiwi's, whoever, I think everyone wants the same things really; to live in peace and be safe.
I saw the protest the other day, and the silly thing was that most of the signs were in Chinese. I support people standing up for themselves, but it's hard when I can't read the signs.
Besides, there are some super hot Asian chicks where I workout... :laugh:

TLMAN
6th July 2008, 21:47
Chill PC, theres no triads in Sunnynook:niceone:

alanzs
6th July 2008, 21:52
No problem with guns here but was shocked at the figure of 28,000 deaths per year in the states as a result of them i heard last night.

Remember, there are 301,000,000 people there. Almost half of the gun deaths are suicides. :doh:

Los Angeles has an average of 25 murders a weekend.

Here in NZ, The Public Health Association notes that:
• Firearms have an important and legitimate role in New Zealand society. However
there are however significant risks associated with misuse of firearms.
• There are, on average, 80 deaths and 65 hospital admissions each year as a
result of intentional and unintentional use of firearms in New Zealand;
• The majority (78%) of deaths are completed suicide acts. Sixty per cent of nonfatal
injuries are unintentional;
• Deaths from gunshot represent 4.5% of all injury mortality;

If NZ had the same amount of people as the US, the death rate would be 6000 deaths per year. Just goes to show, the US is just better at killing each other with guns than Kiwis are.

Stormer
6th July 2008, 21:59
They should just get Jet Li or Jackie Chan or even Van Dam over to help `em out.

alanzs
6th July 2008, 22:01
They should just get Jet Li or Jackie Chan or even Van Dam over to help `em out.

Kung Fu Panda!

Bend-it
6th July 2008, 22:13
Why are they so special? They aren't; they have two arms, two legs and are no more the victim of violence than the average toddler or old woman in NZ.

What say you?

Yup, race doesn't come into it, anyone's welcome to join in the "self-defence" classes, according to one article. I don't think they would have objected to european, maori or polynesian kiwis joining in. It's just that maybe word only got out through their natural lines of communication, within the asian community.

I do admit, immigrants of any origin should integrate more. "When in Rome..." and all that.

Funnily, I was born and bred in Singapore myself, then moved to NZ in 1999.

while the police aren't perfect I would suggest that Triads are a poor second cousin

The police are cousins with the triads?!?! :eek5:

And I'd suggest that the average triad member is much richer than the average cop :)

Yup, I've moved to Wellington. :Oops:

Headbanger
6th July 2008, 22:16
How funny would it be to join their self defence classes, learn all their funky moves, Then turn on em.....Take all their jewellery and gold teeth.

TLMAN
6th July 2008, 22:18

None down there either, just emos and goths:Punk:

peasea
6th July 2008, 22:35

You don't know that; Besides, I live in Nelson.

Bend-it
6th July 2008, 22:35
None down there either, just emos and goths:Punk:

What are you talking about?!?! The headquarters of the biggest extortion agency in NZ is right here!

peasea
6th July 2008, 22:38
Yup, race doesn't come into it, anyone's welcome to join in the "self-defence" classes, according to one article. I don't think they would have objected to european, maori or polynesian kiwis joining in. It's just that maybe word only got out through their natural lines of communication, within the asian community.

I do admit, immigrants of any origin should integrate more. "When in Rome..." and all that.

Funnily, I was born and bred in Singapore myself, then moved to NZ in 1999.

The police are cousins with the triads?!?! :eek5:

And I'd suggest that the average triad member is much richer than the average cop :)

"Lines of communication within the Asian commuinty"?
That's another of my points. They often fail to assimilate.

Pussy
6th July 2008, 22:39

Pffffttt... they're light weights, we need my work colleague, SMF (Super Maori Fulla) to sort them out

TLMAN
6th July 2008, 22:41

Just steers and queers there, which one are you.......

peasea
6th July 2008, 22:42
What are you talking about?!?! The headquarters of the biggest extortion agency in NZ is right here!

That's what he was talking about; The Beehive. Full of Emo's and Goths. Don't forget the Ropeheads.

peasea
6th July 2008, 22:46
Just steers and queers there, which one are you.......

I'm a stalker, so when I get a good look through the sights you'll know.

TLMAN
6th July 2008, 23:01
I'm a stalker, so when I get a good look through the sights you'll know.

:2guns::chase::Oi::Playnice:

peasea
6th July 2008, 23:19
:2guns::chase::Oi::Playnice:

Peeow, peeow, oonst, play the 'Queen' song......
"Another one bites the dust........"

I picked the wrong night; everyone's had turkey for dinner.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Headbanger
6th July 2008, 23:28
Why should they be forced to assimilate? As long as they pay there taxes they should be free to do whatever they please.

Pretty damn sure my forebears didn't assimilate into the society they found, In fact I think they decimated it and replaced it with their own.

peasea
6th July 2008, 23:44
Why should they be forced to assimilate? As long as they pay there taxes they should be free to do whatever they please.

Pretty damn sure my forebears didn't assimilate into the society they found, In fact I think they decimated it and replaced it with their own.

Ok, go to Tehran or Harare in Levi's and a T-shirst and try not to assimilate. Get a bible out in Iran and see where it gets you.

I get your drift, but the Asians aren't anything special, are they? If they are kiwis then why aren't they marching with us as a unit, not as a seperate idendity?

We all want to feel safe at work, in our homes and walking the streets, it doesn't matter what race we are. It's NZ for all, right? If you have citizenship then you're part of the unit, right? Fuck this 'protect the Asians' shite, the Treaty of Waitangi and all that bollocks. We are one and with that comes one rule for all. Protect all, that's fine, but don't tell me coz you're Asian you deserve any more protection than me or coz you're Maori you deserve more land than me coz that's BULLSHIT!!!

Headbanger
6th July 2008, 23:59
I would hope we are a little more open minded then Iran.

That aside, Perhaps its just our Asian population don't roll over as easy as the rest of the nation.

I mean shit, Just about everyone is pissed off about the way things have been going.

Government drives up costs, Taxes us to death, wastes the money on crap, Crime is getting out of hand, Waiting lists at hospitals are growing, Education is falling apart, Polices are based on race...well, One race. The powers of parents, police and schools has been eroded, etc etc.

What happens?

Fuck all apart from some Asians getting on the streets.

Good on em, and I'm in no way offended they put their own well being at the forefront of their march.

Zapf
7th July 2008, 00:11
I didn't knew triads are for hire.... let me go check in my chinese yellow pages...

oh perhaps its under chinese motorcycle clubs... hehehe

Street Gerbil
7th July 2008, 01:01
Well, I reckon, fukken good on them. The crime thrives in this country, law enforcement is a joke, and they are the only ones doing something about it. I say if we are not joining the protest, we deserve all the victimization we get. In a normal state law enforcement is delegated to the police. Wake me up when NZ is a normal state agan.

scumdog
7th July 2008, 01:49

Tahuna is a hot-bed of triads.

Apparently.

Forest
7th July 2008, 02:13
The triads are already here.

However unlike NZ's domestic gangs, the triads do not draw unnecessary attention to themselves.

spudchucka
7th July 2008, 06:38
The triads are already here.

However unlike NZ's domestic gangs, the triads do not draw unnecessary attention to themselves.

And they play the other home grown gangs like puppets.

chocobo_ff
7th July 2008, 06:54
As an Asian, I think this is one of the most ridiculous things I've heard in ages. I mean, march, fine, it's their right to do so, but how about having the signs in ENGLISH instead of CHINESE which most of the NZ population can't read?

Now let's have a look at the news in the NZ Herald: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10520221 ...

They "are training people in hand-to-hand combat and how to handle situations" - note how it says COMBAT and not SELF-DEFENSE :crazy:

"Is this the kind of place we want our families living in?" - I just have one thing to say - if they don't want to live in this "kind of place", simple, go back to where you came from! :bye:

While I completely agree that I think the NZ police are too slow to respond, here's to all the Asians out there - we are not any more special than the Caucasians/Maori/Pacific Islanders/wherever you are from, so stop thinking you are so special and learn to accept that Asians aren't the only ones being targetted by criminals :finger:

portokiwi
7th July 2008, 07:42
What they are trying to say is that to them they have been more of a target them and the muslems and the indians.....
I meen with out them we would have no Chinese cheap shops..... No takeaways.... No dairys..... No fruit shops...... No bottle stores the list go's on and on.
Without them we would be only new zealanders from New Zealand.

bull
7th July 2008, 08:11
Good on them for starting a march about it, perhaps they finally got sick of the violence and are getting off there arses to do something about it. And what support do they get from NZers? they get more whinging and moaning from us and us telling them that they are no different than Joe average who gets a beating in the street.

We should all be right beside them in standing up to the criminals but no instead we bitch and moan that they are excluding kiwis from there group.

Have we become so sad that we expect this violence as part of our culture now? and this is why we tell them to assimilate or go home? surely that comment was a pisstake?

awayatc
7th July 2008, 08:20
Tahuna is a hot-bed of triads.

Apparently.

try -hards you mean....?

scumdog
7th July 2008, 10:20
They "are training people in hand-to-hand combat and how to handle situations" - note how it says COMBAT and not SELF-DEFENSE :crazy:

Great, THAT is sure going to help a mum trying to get her hand-bag back - or a 80+ year old in her house...jeeez..:wacko:

Swoop
7th July 2008, 10:29
Lovell, 71, was the lone customer at the time. Police said he had a concealed weapons permit.
"Police said Lovell, a retired Marine, wouldn't be charged.
Right there, you have America's response to crime.
If citizens prove themselves capable of handling a firearm responsibly, they can apply for a concealed carry permit.

Criminals then have to gamble on whether they will get killed whilst commiting their crime. Certain States have seen a decrease in crime, possibly because of this stance.

The crime situation in Sarf Auckland is a serious issue. Remember the pizza delivery boy who was murdered? This is not a new event and the reponse from the police is certainly not reassuring the citizens.

Fighting back against crime. Good on them. The police cannot be everywhere but at least they will be sitting on a roadside catching people driving at 110kmh instead.

scumdog
7th July 2008, 10:33
Fighting back against crime. Good on them. The police cannot be everywhere but at least they will be sitting on a roadside catching people driving at 110kmh instead.

Good thing too - about time whinging weak people stood up for themselves and left us to get on with the REAL police work - dishing out tickets to those breaking the speed limit, stuff the '110' thing, the law says 100 so 101 will do for me!!

Marmoot
7th July 2008, 10:54
If they are kiwis then why aren't they marching with us as a unit, not as a seperate idendity?

Because 10,000 out of 700,000 is bigger than 10,000 out of 4,000,000. And if you were a kiwi then why can't you spell/grammar your language properly?

Forget the race, forget the triads. This is just a sign that the public is fed up with this current government, which has yet to listen to anything the public said

Narrow-minded knee-jerking tunnel-visionaries see just those separate little issues: truck road user charges, smacking kids, triads, tax-cut demands, killing grocery prices, etc.
You all failed to see the real underlying problem which is the government's attitude to public's outcries on ANYTHING.

Finn
7th July 2008, 11:19
I'm really enjoying all this public unrest at the moment. Watching Helengrad go down in a screaming heap is fun. Go the Asians! At least while they're protesting they're not driving.

Genestho
7th July 2008, 11:45
The crime situation in Sarf Auckland is a serious issue. Remember the pizza delivery boy who was murdered? This is not a new event and the reponse from the police is certainly not reassuring the citizens.

Sorry I have to do this on behalf of Micheal Choys family.
The pizza delivery boy's name was Micheal Choy, he was called "Pizza Delivery Man" by the defence so that he was no longer humanised in the public eye, and unfortunately for his family, the reference has stuck.

I saw this anti crime asian crowd last night...hes a scary dude.

Still they've had enough, and I get that.
I dont condone a lynch mob.
I dont think having a rent a gang is the answer.

Maybe they feel failed as a race in NZ?
Maybe they feel targeted?

Simple fact is we are too soft here, and we all sit around whinging about it all...
Standing up to this doesnt need to be a violent stand, but a stand just the same, and it will probably make a difference in years to come.

Maybe if there was more vigilantism, the courts would be clogged with defense and theyd have to do a review on procedure..?

If someone breaks into your home they will more often than not, as the stories have gone lately - rape and or kill, even when they have what they want.

scumdog
7th July 2008, 12:06
I dont condone a lynch mob.

I would.

But sadly there's a good chance that they'll overdo it or pick the wrong person.

So I guess I had better not condone them.

Swoop
7th July 2008, 12:36
I'm really enjoying all this public unrest at the moment. Watching Helengrad go down in a screaming heap is fun. Go the Asians!
Bad news Finny. The Toxic cow ISN'T stepping aside (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10520326)to allow some sort of fight for the election. Her cancerous effect on the idiot party, isn't going to be treated.
I guess that the prognosis for the looney labourite sect is not good. Hopefully the greens catch the same disease.

Finn
7th July 2008, 12:40
Bad news Finny. The Toxic cow ISN'T stepping aside (http://www.nzherald.co.nz/section/1/story.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10520326)to allow some sort of fight for the election. Her cancerous effect on the idiot party, isn't going to be treated.
I guess that the prognosis for the looney labourite sect is not good. Hopefully the greens catch the same disease.

Regardless, Liarbour are dead in the water this election. I feel for National having to clean up all the mess though.

Pussy
7th July 2008, 12:43
Regardless, Liarbour are dead in the water this election. I feel for National having to clean up all the mess though.

Yep, won't be a five minute job either

Chrislost
7th July 2008, 13:07
I'm really enjoying all this public unrest at the moment. Watching Helengrad go down in a screaming heap is fun. Go the Asians! At least while they're protesting they're not driving.

organising a rally, oookay, thats fine, even though it was pretty exclusivly chinese...

Triads?
should we not be kicking this retard out? i mean, We have this problem with crime, so we will invite criminals to look after us...
wtf

"I don't want anyone trying to twist the bloody tongue - I kick your bloody arse," Low threatened. "If you make me angry, make it your mission to twist my words I don't care if you TV1 or TV3 what I want is the facts."

This man has some big problems or somthign deep down, he should NOT have any power in NZ.
Threaten to do this threaten to do that go make friends with the gangs, kick some bloody whiteies ass, yehaw asian power

firefighter
7th July 2008, 13:19
meh, it'll all die down soon enough, not the crime just the enthusiasm of those in N.Z trying to do something about a crazy epidemic of crime that we didn't have 10 years ago.....I say good on them at least he's trying to do something, gangs would be powerless if all New Zealanders stood up and gave the police a discrete helping hand....it'll never happen because we'll all wait for someone else to do something......oh yeah and when they do (like now) we'll all sit around being judgemental and complain about tactics taken (also like right now) good on him publicly defying the gangs, some of the gangs on inside N.Z wouldn't even go on camera, dude must have balls bigger than all of ours......instead of being critical of his actions go give the poor cu*t a hand.

sunhuntin
7th July 2008, 13:38

i do think that any person who comes here, who doesnt speak english as a first language, should have a firm grasp on it. there are many who refuse to even attempt to speak english properly.
one customer at my last job would come in every few days and ask for "trillfies" what the fuck are trillfies? that same guy also tried to once get me to put oil in a still running engine. he didnt understand "engine/key/motor OFF" which was accompanied by hand gestures. he was a rude cunt too. he cant write english either [i tried to make him write his question down cos i couldnt understand him]

btw, trillfies are triple five smokes.

peasea
7th July 2008, 14:09
Good on them for starting a march about it, perhaps they finally got sick of the violence and are getting off there arses to do something about it. And what support do they get from NZers? they get more whinging and moaning from us and us telling them that they are no different than Joe average who gets a beating in the street.

We should all be right beside them in standing up to the criminals but no instead we bitch and moan that they are excluding kiwis from there group.

Have we become so sad that we expect this violence as part of our culture now? and this is why we tell them to assimilate or go home? surely that comment was a pisstake?

Maybe we should be marching with them but who was invited other than Asians? It SHOULD have been a march of all kiwis against crime, not just Asians, Asians who seem to quite keen to take the law into their own hands and fighting violence with violence; sheer brilliance. That's like fighting the wild fires in California with petrol.

peasea
7th July 2008, 14:13

Do as they please? Like hiring triads to patrol the streets? No thanks.

As for "decimating a society and replacing it with their own", take a long hard look at Auckland's streets; the faces and the signage. You hit the nail on the head there buddy!

Swoop
7th July 2008, 14:24
organising a rally, oookay, thats fine, even though it was pretty exclusivly chinese...

Triads?
should we not be kicking this retard out? i mean, We have this problem with crime, so we will invite criminals to look after us...

This man has some big problems or somthign deep down, he should NOT have any power in NZ.
The rally was not exclusively "asian" but certainly representative of the community in that area.
People migrating to this country have the perception that NZ is "safe and peaceful".
Certainly the heat is on the police to "do" something, but the simple fact that Sarf Auckland is not entirely all goodness and light...

If it takes someone to get off their arse and organise a protest, good on them. The kiwi attitude of "she'll be right" isn't going to help this issue, in fact it is making it far worse.

The bloke on the telly, threatening tvnz & TV3. He has to! "DON'T TWIST MY WORDS" is the message. Don't pussy it up to sound nice - the issue needs attention and that is not happening. The gubbinment is focussing on feathering their own nest/attempting to bribe the public into a stupid 4th term in office and are not dealing with electorate concerns.

The migrant community can only try so hard with our police. Once they are seen as doing nothing to assist, who else are they going to call on? The Salvation Army? They will contact people with whom they can communicate and actually get action from.
Hopefully it is not needed.

scumdog
7th July 2008, 14:31
How comes the asians can get their shit together and have a march when the equaly capapble honkies can't? (but then moan about how the march was 'just for asians')

Too tolerant of being victims?

Or too bloody slack??:shutup:

peasea
7th July 2008, 14:32
meh, it'll all die down soon enough, not the crime just the enthusiasm of those in N.Z trying to do something about a crazy epidemic of crime that we didn't have 10 years ago.....I say good on them at least he's trying to do something, gangs would be powerless if all New Zealanders stood up and gave the police a discrete helping hand....it'll never happen because we'll all wait for someone else to do something......oh yeah and when they do (like now) we'll all sit around being judgemental and complain about tactics taken (also like right now) good on him publicly defying the gangs, some of the gangs on inside N.Z wouldn't even go on camera, dude must have balls bigger than all of ours......instead of being critical of his actions go give the poor cu*t a hand.

I wouldn't suggest for a minute that we sit on our collective arses and do nothing (even though it's the kiwi way) but suggesting that the triads be hired to keep law and order is a tad scary, don't you think? As for giving him a hand it looked like a rascist march to me; not many European, Maori or Pacific Islanders in that mob. I agree that something needs to be done but it needs to be done by and for ALL kiwis, not just Asians. If they want to assimilate (and they are always saying that they do) then arranging a march for all to attend would have my support. Especially if he hadn't mentioned triads.

IMHO, if any single group deserves a fully supported protest march against violence it should be children.

peasea
7th July 2008, 14:33
How comes the asians can get their shit together and have a march when the equaly capapble honkies can't? (but then moan about how the march was 'just for asians')

Too tolerant of being victims?

Or too bloody slack??:shutup:

The latter. And the former.

Marmoot
7th July 2008, 14:57
IIf they want to assimilate (and they are always saying that they do) then arranging a march for all to attend would have my support.

Go ahead and organise one then...

What? Can't be bothered? I thought so.

peasea
7th July 2008, 15:09
Go ahead and organise one then...

What? Can't be bothered? I thought so.

I said I'd support it, I didn't say I'd organise it. Sure, I'd attend a march against violent crime if there was one in my area but really, what will it achieve? Increased public awareness for a fortnight? Is supporting the Sensible Sentecing Trust a better use of time/resources? (Or learning Kung Fu perhaps?)

What's the best way to address the issue?

Headbanger
7th July 2008, 15:34
Do as they please? Like hiring triads to patrol the streets? No thanks.

As for "decimating a society and replacing it with their own", take a long hard look at Auckland's streets; the faces and the signage. You hit the nail on the head there buddy!

That's the way of the world, I personally don't see anything sacred about our culture, We are just a colonial outpost. New people move in with new ways. Saw it when I lived in South Auckland, Saw it when I lived in Howick, Saw it when I lived in numerous suburbs of Sydney, I worked with a melting pot of people during the day, and at night our house was between a Greek family and some Serbians, Great arguments, Never understood a word of what was being said.....

Having said all that there must be a reason I stopped wandering and settled down in small town NZ, Though I can't imagine its the people, or the climate, or the employment opportunities....

firefighter
7th July 2008, 15:47
I wouldn't suggest for a minute that we sit on our collective arses and do nothing (even though it's the kiwi way) but suggesting that the triads be hired to keep law and order is a tad scary, don't you think? As for giving him a hand it looked like a rascist march to me; not many European, Maori or Pacific Islanders in that mob. I agree that something needs to be done but it needs to be done by and for ALL kiwis, not just Asians. If they want to assimilate (and they are always saying that they do) then arranging a march for all to attend would have my support. Especially if he hadn't mentioned triads.

IMHO, if any single group deserves a fully supported protest march against violence it should be children.

I didn't condone the emplyment of triads, he is just protecting himself though, the guys at the end of his tether and is just trying to get things moving...... As for a racist march, well mate stop being so damn precious, all WERE invited, just that MAINLY asians bothered to turn up........again showing unless the rest of us come to the party, we should shut the fuck up and not question the ONLY actions being taken by the general public......no I don't think getting the Triads on board is a good thing, but shit, until I get out there and back him up, what possible right do I have to question him doing what he thinks is right? Hell he's only out to fight crime, reminds me of poor old Batman! He had people like you questioning him too....hahahahaha, well kinda.lol.

Bend-it
7th July 2008, 15:55
I vote that the next anti-crime protest gets motorcycle outrider escorts sponsored by KB!

Finn
7th July 2008, 15:56
The Asians do have a point though...

Marmoot
7th July 2008, 15:59
What's the best way to address the issue?

Change of government.

We've seen it all: petitions, truck protests, media coverage, etc
And they've all failed to get the government to listen.
All the government responded was:

Petition - We'll hold the referendum Next Year.
Truckies - We won't revise our law.
Anti crime protest - The use of Triads is out of the question.

There wasn't any response that actually looks at the problem and say "Hmm, you're right. There might be a problem. Let me see what we can do"

Just look at the election campaigns. It's all about how bad the other parties are, instead of how good they are.
I'd prefer empty promises than smear campaigns, although I still won't be able to eat them.

peasea
7th July 2008, 16:56
Change of government.

We've seen it all: petitions, truck protests, media coverage, etc
And they've all failed to get the government to listen.
All the government responded was:

Petition - We'll hold the referendum Next Year.
Truckies - We won't revise our law.
Anti crime protest - The use of Triads is out of the question.

There wasn't any response that actually looks at the problem and say "Hmm, you're right. There might be a problem. Let me see what we can do"

Just look at the election campaigns. It's all about how bad the other parties are, instead of how good they are.
I'd prefer empty promises than smear campaigns, although I still won't be able to eat them.

I'm all for a change of Govt, it'll be interesting to see what it brings.........

peasea
7th July 2008, 16:59
I didn't condone the emplyment of triads, he is just protecting himself though, the guys at the end of his tether and is just trying to get things moving...... As for a racist march, well mate stop being so damn precious, all WERE invited, just that MAINLY asians bothered to turn up........again showing unless the rest of us come to the party, we should shut the fuck up and not question the ONLY actions being taken by the general public......no I don't think getting the Triads on board is a good thing, but shit, until I get out there and back him up, what possible right do I have to question him doing what he thinks is right? Hell he's only out to fight crime, reminds me of poor old Batman! He had people like you questioning him too....hahahahaha, well kinda.lol.

People like me? I'm unique.

Marmoot
7th July 2008, 17:25
I'm all for a change of Govt, it'll be interesting to see what it brings.........

Probably just the same though, eh?

Rome was glorious as an empire. It crumbled the moment the senate killed the emperor.

Sollyboy
7th July 2008, 17:32
I agree, forget race. Why do the Asians think they're so special? That's my point. Why are they marching as a lone group? Why not mrach with all of us? It's their (often) unwillingness to assimilate that irks me.

That arsehole talking about triads should be fucked off back to singapore , if he dont like the place he knows where the airport is , I had the utmost sympathy for him even when he said he'd kill an intruder in his house , but involving the triads is just stupid and it will help them build a stronger presence in nz and no doubt the triads are pretty bad as far as gangs go.

Sollyboy
7th July 2008, 17:33

For a start it will bring a 90 day trial period , which is just perfect for rogue rip off seasonal and contract companys

Pedrostt500
7th July 2008, 17:36
We need a strike 3 law for violent offenders and sexual preditors.
the Triads will only pick on their own kind that is how most gangs work, they pick on and feed off the weak of their own kind.

scumdog
7th July 2008, 18:06
That arsehole talking about triads should be fucked off back to singapore , if he dont like the place he knows where the airport is , I had the utmost sympathy for him even when he said he'd kill an intruder in his house , but involving the triads is just stupid and it will help them build a stronger presence in nz and no doubt the triads are pretty bad as far as gangs go.

Don't feel that only Asians are willing to use gang members for their own (altruistic) purposes, plenty of honkies are quite prepared to use criminal gangs for their own ends.

peasea
7th July 2008, 19:27
Probably just the same though, eh?

Rome was glorious as an empire. It crumbled the moment the senate killed the emperor.

But they didn't have to cope with the RMA, OSH or ACC.

peasea
7th July 2008, 19:29
For a start it will bring a 90 day trial period , which is just perfect for rogue rip off seasonal and contract companys

I'd like to give some of those boffins at the Beehive 90 days.........

peasea
7th July 2008, 19:30
Don't feel that only Asians are willing to use gang members for their own (altruistic) purposes, plenty of honkies are quite prepared to use criminal gangs for their own ends.

Historically? Rob Muldoon........teehee

alanzs
7th July 2008, 19:49
We need a strike 3 law for violent offenders and sexual preditors.
the Triads will only pick on their own kind that is how most gangs work, they pick on and feed off the weak of their own kind.

And life should be life, no parole, full stop. Murder someone, go to jail until you die. Victims should have more rights than the criminals. Victims don't have a second chance. If you murder someone, you shouldn't ever be allowed out on the streets again. Sorry, I know it's not merciful, but I ain't GOD and even she wasn't merciful. :crybaby:
Look at Burton and Tamihere, to name a few. How many more people should they be allowed to kill? :niceone:

Sollyboy
7th July 2008, 20:05

do you have example?

Zapf
7th July 2008, 21:05
do you have example?

Asian speak... " u want flylies in ur bow..? or ur A* " :clap: j/k

Sollyboy
7th July 2008, 21:13
Asian speak... " u want flylies in ur bow..? or ur A* " :clap: j/k

dont know what the fuck your on about retard, Im not asian

scumdog
7th July 2008, 21:16
do you have example?

Wellllll,,, just look at post #71 for a start - and there's several whose names are not to be revealed that use them.

One even mentions that the 'xxx gang' will pay a visit on their "Please Pay Immediately" accounts - if the account is not paid a.s.a.p.

Finn
8th July 2008, 09:44

Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country...

firefighter
8th July 2008, 10:22
People like me? I'm unique.

yes, just like Penguin, are you a secret bad guy too? hahahaha, either way I'm right and your wrong. :motu::bleh:

Marmoot
8th July 2008, 10:57
Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country...

Tell that to the dole-bludgers.

I reckon I've done enough by paying my oversized tax.
It's time to get something back.

firefighter
8th July 2008, 11:32
Tell that to the dole-bludgers.

I reckon I've done enough by paying my oversized tax.
It's time to get something back.

Imagine how much money the country would save if the fuckers had to take a piss test!!!

peasea
8th July 2008, 13:21
yes, just like Penguin, are you a secret bad guy too? hahahaha, either way I'm right and your wrong. :motu::bleh:

It's "you're wrong" not "your wrong" which makes it your bad and no, I'm not a secret bad guy, I'm actually a covert good guy with a squishy bit in the middle.

Where are the Apostrophe Police when you need them?

Sollyboy
8th July 2008, 19:21
Imagine how much money the country would save if the fuckers had to take a piss test!!!

How about a law where anyone on the dole longer than 3 months gets there full licence downgraded to a restricted then after 6 months downgraded to a learners , thatll fucken learn em

Headbanger
8th July 2008, 19:45
License?

What license?