PDA

View Full Version : Yoshimura EM-pro

Cajun
7th July 2008, 10:42
Anyone know who can reprogram/map these units(I know Ray Clee does)

Or has the software + connection harness that can borrowed for a short time?

White trash
7th July 2008, 10:50
I do. You wanna be quite carefull withthem though as there's a hell of alot of variables.

Cajun
7th July 2008, 10:55
I do. You wanna be quite carefull withthem though as there's a hell of alot of variables.

It just needs it zeroed back to stock map, at this point in time.

When it goes in the bike it bring up a Fi code on the dash, and won't fire up.

Just got no software/cable to do this with one i got )c:<

White trash
7th July 2008, 10:58
Pm me your courier address mate, I'll dig it out when I get home and get it off to you tomorrow.

Cajun
7th July 2008, 10:58
cheers bro pm coming your way

imdying
7th July 2008, 13:04
What sort of bike? I think I've got hte Yoshi EMS program for the K1/K2 GSXR100 still.

cowpoos
7th July 2008, 19:18
if it won't fire up I dare say something else maybe wrong...it would have to be a quite radical map to not let a stock or near stock engine fire.

Cajun
7th July 2008, 20:16
What sort of bike? I think I've got hte Yoshi EMS program for the K1/K2 GSXR100 still.
k4 600, the ems pro software is pretty standard, its the cable is the main thing, which i am missing, but i am sure i be able to make one one up once i got one to check against.

if it won't fire up I dare say something else maybe wrong...it would have to be a quite radical map to not let a stock or near stock engine fire.

yeah unsure so turn it stock yoshimura map, and go from there.

NinjaBoy
7th July 2008, 20:31

After spending a couple of weeks fiddling with an EmPro, I think it's unlikely to be related to the map.

Check out the Yoshimura site: http://www.yoshimura-jp.com/en/kitparts/empro.html

All EmPro's require an ignition harness when using the stock wiring harness. Check the site for a picture.

On the K6, it plugs between 2 green plugs. You also have to unplug the ignition black plug. On the K6 it also leaves the immobiliser light on.

NinjaBoy
7th July 2008, 20:34
Anyone know who can reprogram/map these units(I know Ray Clee does)

I'm interested too. Who else has some experience with programming EmPros ?

Cajun
7th July 2008, 20:46
got the ignition harness, since the em pro does not plug straight in the stock harness.

People who have experience with empro is pretty much anyone who builds nz top level suzuki race bikes. up auckland way you want to see Ray Clee

NinjaBoy
7th July 2008, 20:52
looking at the pics of the K4-K5 Empro there is an additional adapter to plug in the Empro but the ignition harness is another part: check here: http://yoshimura-shop.netmove.co.jp/ap/dtcat?p=6/3/7&s=193/184/195&l=en&t=/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr1_e/c_gsxr2_e/c_gsxr3_e&d=3850

Do you have this part ?

imdying
8th July 2008, 08:10
Ok, the program I've got is a K1/K2 1000 specific one, it's for the earlier Yoshi EMS.

Cajun
10th July 2008, 15:22
okay anyone have any idea what the 'ignition harness' actually does.

it plugs in somewhere, but does it disable something or simlar, since its a road going bike still, don't want to put something in if its gonna stop something that i want from going.

Ozzy27
10th July 2008, 16:01
The Ignition Harness is not the adapter that goes between the ECU and the main loom. It is for between the ignition switch and the harness above the air box where the secondry air valve mounts. It is to bypass the imobliser from the std harness. I had 2 k4-k5 bikes running with empro's one we used the ignition harness and the other we just removed one of the wires from the ignition switch conector which is all the "ignition short harness" Does.
If you are interested I still have the maps maps from Craigs Championship winning k5 that could be passed on for the right arrangement.
Cheers
Chris

Cajun
10th July 2008, 16:19
any idea which wire need to disconnect?

i know harness is pretty cheap US$80, but if all it doing is removing a wire,

mugins
10th July 2008, 18:11

Have you tired the mode switch to tell what fi code it's putting out?:2guns:

Cajun
10th July 2008, 20:49

Have you tired the mode switch to tell what fi code it's putting out?:2guns:

Done that throws no code.

GIXser
10th July 2008, 21:22
1600 different settings so ray clee told me or thereabouts...

Ozzy27
10th July 2008, 21:26
Cajun,
Had a look. On the green connector from the ignition switch you only leave the 2 thick dia wires conected. Remove the small dia wires.
Can't seem to find the cd but have a cable.
Cheers
Chris

Cajun
11th July 2008, 08:09
Cheers Ozzy, i will have a play this weekend and see how i get on, with pulling the wire.

Be awsome if i could get the cable, let me know what you want for it.

Firefight
11th July 2008, 08:57
any idea which wire need to disconnect?

i know the bike is only a shitty gxxer so who cares pretty cheap US$80,,

Neal,

in the movies when the good guys are disconecting a bomb, they always cut the red wire !!,

or was that the green wire ?:confused::doh:

Dave<_<

Firefight
11th July 2008, 09:00
sorry it was the blue wire, fuck 2late:rolleyes:

Cajun
27th July 2008, 12:56
Cajun,
Had a look. On the green connector from the ignition switch you only leave the 2 thick dia wires conected. Remove the small dia wires.
Can't seem to find the cd but have a cable.
Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris

Finally got around to putting this in, was a bit confused since was no green plug, so just starting looking at the plug that came from the ignition switch.

It has 6 wires going in to it, 4 large 2 small.

pulled out the 2 small ones and bike fires up.

Thanks heaps mate, i drop you a line during the week about getting that cable for it.

Thanks

Cajun
27th July 2008, 15:16
Anoter update.

pulling out both wires does not work, there is a orange/blue & orange/yellow.

Pulling both means the taillight & interactors wouldn't work, bike fire up

Plug the orange/blue back in, and taillight and interactors work.