PDA

View Full Version : The 'which bike to buy' dilemma...

Pierce
7th July 2008, 12:30
Looking at selling both my bikes and upgrading to something new and 2 stroke.

Have 06 CRF250 and 06 CR250 but want to get something newer however the only option is hunt for an 07 CR250 or go brand new YZ or RM but i'm not sure I can bring myself to defecting across to another bike brand. I'm a honda man through and through but would be keen to own new.<_<

Whose riding what and are you happy with your ride?

cheese
7th July 2008, 12:33
The 07 CR is the same as your 06. If I were to change brand I'd go to KTM.

telliman
7th July 2008, 12:50
Looking at selling both my bikes and upgrading to something new and 2 stroke.

Have 06 CRF250 and 06 CR250 but want to get something newer however the only option is hunt for an 07 CR250 or go brand new YZ or RM but i'm not sure I can bring myself to defecting across to another bike brand. I'm a honda man through and through but would be keen to own new.<_<

Whose riding what and are you happy with your ride?

well i never thought i'd say this but im picking up my new crf250 today!
still beating myself up over it!

chop
7th July 2008, 13:02
08 KX250 gooooooooooooood bike

Pierce
7th July 2008, 13:09
08 KX250 gooooooooooooood bike
I could handle going yellow, blue or orange but never green I don't think. Had a few friends that have had bad experience with the quality of kawasaki's so I think i've been scared off them a bit.

B0000M
7th July 2008, 13:13
im riding an 06 CR250R, loving it. my advise would be get yourself a nice FMF pipe or similar, makes a huge difference.

if i were to have to replace my bike with new, i have no idea what id have. i liked ktms until i pulled one apart and worked on it. now i hate them and what seems to me as very primative engineering and what looks like hemi made it with his angle grinder, welder an a bit of rhs in his shed - of course thatl spark debate but thats my opinion.

fortunately i wont be getting another bike for a while so the 06 CR it is for me. awesome machine

MXNUT
7th July 2008, 13:19
[QUOTE=Pierce;1637686]Looking at selling both my bikes and upgrading to something new and 2 stroke.

As a born again 2 stroke rider myself i love my RM, but Yamaha are the only japanese manufacturer still doing any development on their 2 stroke range.

I am in the same position myself and was thinking about a ktm300, but not the electric start model. !!

:msn-wink:

Danger
7th July 2008, 13:32
Scott has a low hour good condition demo '08 RM250 that I'm sure would be about the best deal you could get.

Pierce
7th July 2008, 13:42
im riding an 06 CR250R, loving it. my advise would be get yourself a nice FMF pipe or similar, makes a huge difference.

if i were to have to replace my bike with new, i have no idea what id have. i liked ktms until i pulled one apart and worked on it. now i hate them and what seems to me as very primative engineering and what looks like hemi made it with his angle grinder, welder an a bit of rhs in his shed - of course thatl spark debate but thats my opinion.

fortunately i wont be getting another bike for a while so the 06 CR it is for me. awesome machine

Yeah I've spoken to you quite a bit about your CR and it sounds like yours runs mint. My current two smoke is pretty hard to ride, bites like a muel when the band hits haha. Kinda want something new so I know it's history.

RM's still have steel framing but rode one yesterday and they ride nice. Yamaha as stated are still developing their 2smokes which I quite like but I'm finding it hard to get past the honda thing hah. Grown up with them and have never done me wrong. I just think they're well made and well engineered.

Damn honda for dropping the faithful 2 stroke...<_<

B0000M
7th July 2008, 13:42
Scott has a low hour good condition demo '08 RM250 that I'm sure would be about the best deal you could get.

lol @ RM, you could probably sell 1 used honda, buy a new RM and still have a few $k left over!

daytona 2
7th July 2008, 13:48
id go for a rm....:scooter: :wari: dont even thing about buying on of the those 300ccc watercooled of trade-me...lol :2guns::scooter:

Danger
7th July 2008, 13:51
lol @ RM, you could probably sell 1 used honda, buy a new RM and still have a few $k left over!

So not only would you be better off financially but you would also be way ahead on the trails! I knew it was only the smart guys that run Yellow.
:motu:

4stroke
7th July 2008, 19:58
you could buy my 07 crf450r so i can go get a new 09 crf450r, hahaha

Buddy L
7th July 2008, 20:56
well i never thought i'd say this but im picking up my new crf250 today!
still beating myself up over it!

:lol:
once bitten
twice shy
i hear the honda's have longer lasting linkages as well:girlfight:

Rupe
7th July 2008, 21:00
I knew it was only the smart guys that run Yellow.
:motu:

My bike is yellow Danger, glad to see you talking sense for a change.

Pierce, sounds like you need to demo a few.

telliman
7th July 2008, 21:53
:lol:
once bitten
twice shy
i hear the honda's have longer lasting linkages as well:girlfight:

you'll have to excuse me, im still in denial!!

Pierce
8th July 2008, 08:51
you could buy my 07 crf450r so i can go get a new 09 crf450r, hahaha

Haha your's is too muddy for my liking :rolleyes:

RUPECOPP I know what you're saying, the only problem is most of the bike shops don't have the bikes available for demo's.

B0000M
8th July 2008, 08:52
so what exactly is wrong with your CR? apart from needing a fatty or gnarly

Pierce
8th July 2008, 09:16
so what exactly is wrong with your CR? apart from needing a fatty or gnarly

It's just had a bit of a hard life, I haven't got the space to work on it at the moment. Bike would need a bit of TLC to get up to scratch and we haven't got a garage to work from at the moment (bikes are in a small ass storage container). They're all small things but things that take time. The guy before me hadn't treated her too well. Bike's engine is in top shape just needs a tidy up in the other areas (hence the low price). Got a guy looking at it today and if he doesn't buy it I will just sell the CRF and get my CR up to scratch.
Kinda want something that has been looked after from day one, I don't mind a bike that's been riden hard but it has to be maintained in the same manner.