PDA

View Full Version : Mike Alessi gets smashed. Cringe...

raglanash
8th July 2008, 15:02
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQNRFubW9KA

July 07, 2008

Mike Alessi Likely Out for the Rest Summer

Rockstar/Makita Suzuki's Mike Alessi suffered two broken shoulder blades (scapulas) in his horrific crash at the start of the second 450 moto at Red Bud yesterday, as well as a broken rib and a concussion, according to the family's Alessi Weekly online report.

According to the report:

"Well, it's a sad time now for the Alessi family, after Mike crashed and was injured today at the Red Bud AMA outdoor national.

"I thank GOD for my son Mike Alessi's life tonight and will keep the faith and stay the course!

"Mike fractured both scapulas, his rib, and bruised his lung. He will be out of action until he is 100% fit to ride!

"Jeff, meanwhile, recorded his best ever AMA 450-class finish with a sixth overall!"

Alessi is likely to be out for the rest of the 2008 AMA Toyota Motocross Championship, where he was holding second in the rankings behind James Stewart. Stay tuned for more details.

nodrog
8th July 2008, 15:20
i like the way they just fuck around clearing his bike and shit without bothering even to check him out first.

riffer
8th July 2008, 15:42
Well I don't.

That's incredibly poor marshalling and even worse performance from the onsite medics. :oi-grr:

Pierce
8th July 2008, 15:43
Far out, was just saying to my bro today that he was the 2nd fastest man in the AMA outdoor so far this year. Promising.... until this i guess.

hope the dude makes a full recovery

HOLY CRAP I just watched it.....

He must have got run over by at least 3-4 riders.... i feel kinda ill after watching that :-s

scott411
8th July 2008, 16:04
thats a nasty looking crash, the flagger could not do anything as that happened on the 1st lap not far in,

Reckless
8th July 2008, 16:12
I'm hoping upon hoping that they had been trained not to move a rider in that condition and he was groaning or something to let them know he was conscious etc when they moved the bike instead of going to see him. Not much they could do about the impact of the next few bikes there is a marshall in the background waving his flag like crazy, theres no way you could stop that pack! And there's no way they should jump out in front of flying bikes. It didn't look good though another rider was the first to him. Hopefully we don't know all the facts.

Bloody nasty though!

scott411
8th July 2008, 16:16
Well I don't.

That's incredibly poor marshalling and even worse performance from the onsite medics. :oi-grr:

it is not much you can do on the first lap with 40 bikes coming at you, in the US you have to remember if you help someone and do damage you are liable to be sued, the Mule(red thing) that turned up is the mdeic crew, i think the marshalls did the best they could, and the trained paramedics there within a minute, its pretty good work,

raglanash
8th July 2008, 16:57
it is not much you can do on the first lap with 40 bikes coming at you, in the US you have to remember if you help someone and do damage you are liable to be sued, the Mule(red thing) that turned up is the mdeic crew, i think the marshalls did the best they could, and the trained paramedics there within a minute, its pretty good work,

Just a horrible situation to behold, think the flaggers over there are instructed to clear the track wave the flag and wait for the medic's, lucky he was knocked out I recon, imagine if he had sat up, he's a lucky guy really...
Good to see #75 come back, what a top dude.

Hopefully somthing good comes out of it, like a factory RMZ for Cooper....
It really is a one horse race now, bubba will be cruising, well for him anyway.

scott411
8th July 2008, 17:16
Good to see #75 come back, what a top dude.

that guy is Billy Ainsworth, he raced the manakau supercross, very nice guy, was a pleasure to be able to help him out when he was here

arj127
8th July 2008, 18:09
Man thats really sad, good to see him sitting up. He's a tuff little bastard for sure.
I'm truly gutted for Alessi, the guy has been outstanding in the outdoors this year and was not far off Stuarts times at all. Shame to see him go down, but Stuart has suffered the same fates.

Looks like Cooper had a pretty good meeting, unlike the last one.

I am finding the 450 class really good to watch this year, hopefully they won't show to much of Bubba cleaning up now that Alessi is out

camchain
9th July 2008, 11:03
That's a real stomach churner. Something weird happened to cause it. replayed moment several times. Hard to see but didn't look like he got clipped yet bike spun around violently. He'll find it tough to get his pace back after this one.

enigma51
9th July 2008, 11:18
Remind me of a race in SA Alfrie Cox (Or cock sucker either way you look at it) won a race and as he came over the table top he didnt jump it but just slowed down so those who where behind him sort of slow down as well. Then one of the back markers didnt see that everyone was slowing down and not jumping the table top came flying over then landed amongst everyone he got me on the tail end side and just bumped me off but took out about 6 other guys one of the guys broke his leg in 4 places ribes a arm and shit knows what else.

Next year no more table top finish!

Number One
9th July 2008, 11:22
I feel sick - that's horrendous. Can't believe how long it took them to do something let alone check him?! Surely they could've done something to signal the guys before they took off from the other side of that jump?

firefighter
9th July 2008, 12:11
shiiiit! :gob:

FROSTY
9th July 2008, 15:34
dunno fark all about MX but it looked to me the worst thing a rider could have done is slammed on the brakes -I reckon that woulda really squashed hhim

CRF119
10th July 2008, 16:54
Every mx riders worst nighmare as they line up to the gate! Im sure the guys who hit him feel real stink as there was nothing in there control to do, stop and get hit, got left and hit somebody else and create another pile up.

Not mcuh point in watching further rounds i was looking forward to the round that mike holds off stewert. i recon add some weight to stewerts bike lol

telliman
10th July 2008, 22:09
as bad as that was it could have been way worse!

RantyDave
10th July 2008, 22:26
Mike Alessi Likely Out for the Rest Summer
Oh, good god. Poor guy.

Dave

FlangMasterJ
11th July 2008, 20:01
Wow! He's really lucky to come out with just a few broken bones.

He was riding so well too.

FlangMasterJ
12th July 2008, 22:39
A clip of Mike four days after the crash.

vbo1ttshuUM

Buddy L
16th July 2008, 11:12
Another video of what happened, he just loses it in the soft stuff.

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=E5dqrhcU3a0

denill
16th July 2008, 11:25
WTF. I just can not believe how nonchalant the flaggies were??? :argh:

It took an age before one even walked over to him???? :angry2: