PDA

View Full Version : Where to get a shag in Oamaru!

oldrider
9th July 2008, 22:54
Had lunch down at Oamaru wharf today and had my camera with me!

Shags everywhere!

The last pic is the reason why we were in Oamaru. :shifty:

It's Mrs oldrider triumphantly exiting Wins office, all signed up for the pension! :headbang:

She no longer has to join the shags on the Oamaru wharf (fishing) to help us make ends meet. :oi-grr:

As of of this month she will be somewhat financially independent and I may be somewhat redundant! :o Unless, Maybe! :love: is in the air! :devil2: Cheers, John.

Steam
9th July 2008, 23:04
They are Spotted Shags, they are in breeding plumage at the moment. They are not fishing from the wharf, that's their roosting spot.

:offtopic: sorry

Skunk
9th July 2008, 23:22
It's Mrs oldrider triumphantly exiting Wins office, all signed up for the pension!
Hmmm, congrats? Wishing you both a long retirement.

MyGSXF
9th July 2008, 23:35
WOOHOO!!! Congrats babe :banana:

Endless time to go tickey touring together now!!! :love: Mums got the best seat though.. she can sit back & reeeeelaaaax & enjoy the scenery.. while you do all the work!! :2thumbsup

:hug: for you both.

Rollestonchick
9th July 2008, 23:48
It's Mrs oldrider triumphantly exiting Wins office, all signed up for the pension! :headbang:

As of of this month she will be somewhat financially independent and I may be somewhat redundant! :o Unless, Maybe! :love: is in the air! :devil2: Cheers, John.

:2thumbsup good luck to you both. Who knows with all that spare time on your hands, what may happen;) :sunny::ride::love::hug:

fireball
10th July 2008, 03:39
congrats!!!!

T.I.E
10th July 2008, 04:34
with all those birds sitting about i suppose its all fished out around there?

and she is too young to get the pension, has the age dropped since i left new zealand?

Drum
10th July 2008, 05:19
Looks like a scene from a Hitchcock movie (the birds I mean - not the missus').

Pussy
10th July 2008, 06:34
All the best to you and Mrs Oldrider, John! :2thumbsup
I hope you two have many enjoyable years together now.... what with Helen and Michael returning a VERY small part of the contribution the Oldriders have made over the years....

dangerous
10th July 2008, 06:43
HEY... look at that, in the second pic half way back just to the right... hahaha its 98tls hiding, all those shags and hes still missing out :whistle:

FJRider
10th July 2008, 07:18
Where did ya leave the bike and riding gear ??? ...

sels1
10th July 2008, 07:52
Thats a lot of shagging around....bloody pensioners...:laugh:

Best wishes to you both, John

Number One
10th July 2008, 07:57
Yay for Mrs Oldrider...and you.

Enjoy the new lifestyle and kick back, you've deserved it! :sunny::

AllanB
10th July 2008, 08:29
Where to get a shag in Oamaru?

Find guy - any guy and ask him where his sister is ....he'll know........

scumdog
10th July 2008, 08:58
I like the white pebbled appearance of the wharf, very attractive....does it cost much?

AND good on the child-bride for fooling WINZ as to her age.:banana:

merv
10th July 2008, 09:00
Crikey that is a lot of shags.

vifferman
10th July 2008, 09:00
Yayup.
It's a shagload of shags awright.

sinfull
10th July 2008, 09:20

Yayup.
It's a shagload of shags awright.

One would be shagged should one shag shags !

Good stuff John !! Enjoy the extra pennies !

(Makes a man ponder his future, load the 45, point it aimlessly at the side of his head to scratch an itch, then go out........

Rob a bank, gets three meals a day, access to the internet, conjical rights with some working girl for as long as he still can, warmth and clean clothes for the rest of his life)

martybabe
10th July 2008, 10:48
What a pleasant post, thank you.Such a lot of pretty birds everywhere including your wifey.

Enjoy yourselves. :love:

chrisso
10th July 2008, 14:02
They look like Norwegian Blues-lovely plummage.
I didnt know Oamaru had a wharf, i grew up in Timaru & went to Oamaru lots

Big Dave
10th July 2008, 14:16
Shags on a dock.

Reminds me of.....never mind.

Oakie
10th July 2008, 15:35
I used to go fishing off that wharf (Sumpter Wharf?) when I was a kid. Caught red cod mainly. Never had a shag down there but I did catch a seagull once.

chrisso
10th July 2008, 15:43
lots of Red Cod off Timaru wharves too, and a few Barracuda

Big Dave
10th July 2008, 16:09
I spent a week in Omaru one afternoon.

Mom
10th July 2008, 17:49

Good on you guys! I reckon you will be gainfully employed for some time to come my friend!

98tls
10th July 2008, 18:44
I spent a week in Omaru one afternoon. Yes it sure is boring Dave,just the way we like it:2thumbsup.After 7 years in the Nth isle i wouldnt have it any other way.Congrats Mrs Oldrider,have fun.

Stirts
10th July 2008, 21:02
Mrs Oldrider looks like a mighty fine shag!!!! And with a mighty big smile like that you doing something right!

Big Dave
10th July 2008, 21:25
Yes it sure is boring Dave,

You've never been to Orange.

FJRider
10th July 2008, 22:44
I spent a week in Omaru one afternoon.

Reminds me of the time I won a raffle...one week in a motel in Waiouru.<_< Second prize was TWO weeks in the same motel...:shit:

Okey Dokey
11th July 2008, 08:15
Hey, congratulations, Mrs oldrider!

Loved the photos, too.