PDA

View Full Version : Well done Manawatu

Jdogg
10th July 2008, 14:41
http://www.stuff.co.nz/manawatustandard/4614082a6502.html

mowgli
10th July 2008, 14:51
Well done indeed. Big ups to Chanceyy both for being chief organiser and for keeping the paper honest this time :)

Nasty
10th July 2008, 15:20
Big ups and huge cheers to all those involved!!

Well done!

sinfull
10th July 2008, 15:26
Nice little write up ! Good stuff

Bren
10th July 2008, 16:16
Good on you guys....well done!

Mom
10th July 2008, 17:46
Love it! Can never have too many "good news" stories where bikers are concerned! Well done all of you!

Copy for my cliping file anyone?
P O Box 360, Warkworth.

banditrider
10th July 2008, 19:51
Well done indeed. Big ups to Chanceyy both for being chief organiser and for keeping the paper honest this time :)

Ditto on both counts. Good to see the write-up! Didn't mention the fantastic riding conditions though :sunny:

chanceyy
10th July 2008, 20:00
they get something right :laugh:

also heard it on classic hits local news & they had it correct as well

must say big thanks to Sugi for proofing it & tiding it up for me :clap:

Andrew .. read the first paragraph again .. they left out the word atrocious but got the rest of it right

banditrider
10th July 2008, 20:03
Andrew .. read the first paragraph again .. they left out the word atrocious but got the rest of it right

Doh! Missed it 'cause it was in Bold - who pays any attention to anything in Bold?

chanceyy
10th July 2008, 20:06
Doh! Missed it 'cause it was in Bold - who pays any attention to anything in Bold?

hmm well obviously I do :lol: .. only other bit they left out was the massive effort by Rob & the donations from Ohakea :nono:

Katman
10th July 2008, 20:08
Now that's a great article.

Recognition of motorcyclists making an unselfserving gesture (to the uneducated public eye anyway) without a hint of WRB whinging.

chanceyy
10th July 2008, 20:13
does anyone here have a copy of the standard that can post Anne a copy Plz ??

cowboyz
10th July 2008, 20:29
shame there is no pic

chanceyy
10th July 2008, 20:41
shame there is no pic

a few pics sent in but they were prob too low res shots ..

Maha
10th July 2008, 21:46
Now that's a great article.

Recognition of motorcyclists making an unselfserving gesture (to the uneducated public eye anyway) without a hint of WRB whinging.

You should read it again....:rolleyes:

The ride also gained around 200 signatures for a petition calling for a moratorium on cheese-cutter wire median barriers, which are unpopular with many motorcyclists.

Horse
11th July 2008, 00:59
Kudos to chanceyy for putting on the cat-herding hat and getting this organised in the first place, AND then sorting followup press like this. Top stuff!

Meanie
11th July 2008, 08:05
Heard it on the radio the other morning, only thing i didnt agree with what they said is they called us bikies I thought bikers would have been more appropriate
Good publicity for us though, gives us a human look, not faceless helmets
Hats off to Sandra still sorting things out after its done and dusted

chanceyy
11th July 2008, 12:36
Heard it on the radio the other morning, only thing i didnt agree with what they said is they called us bikies I thought bikers would have been more appropriate

yeah i agree meanie but at least they did not call it a race either .. and lets face it to most non bikers we are all prob classed as bikies so for that fact I can let it slide ..

phantom
11th July 2008, 16:02
shame there is no pic

there was in my paper

phantom
11th July 2008, 16:08
Love it! Can never have too many "good news" stories where bikers are concerned! Well done all of you!

Copy for my cliping file anyone?
P O Box 360, Warkworth.

On its way. P.M. sent

Mom
11th July 2008, 16:50
On its way. P.M. sent

Thanks mate! Appreciate it!

MSTRS
11th July 2008, 16:54
Good to see the positive press!
Here's our effort... http://www.napiermail.co.nz/nmail_book.pdf
You'll find it on page 6

chanceyy
11th July 2008, 18:47
there was in my paper

hmm wot pic did they have Peter ? was it the one by memorial park ? and was it in the Standard ?

phantom
11th July 2008, 18:56
yes and yes, about twice the size of a postage stamp but if you look really hard there I am:beer:

rottiguy
11th July 2008, 20:17
Here Here, well done on the logistics young lady :) and even more of an effort given ya crappy cold and flu, I'm proud to call you a bandit rider :laugh: :wacko:

Meanie
11th July 2008, 20:17
Good to see the positive press!
Here's our effort... http://www.napiermail.co.nz/nmail_book.pdf
You'll find it on page 6

Good write up for you guys, your so photogenic too MSTRS
Hows your daughter doing now

chanceyy
11th July 2008, 21:29
Here Here, well done on the logistics young lady :) and even more of an effort given ya crappy cold and flu, I'm proud to call you a bandit rider :laugh: :wacko:

:laugh: thanks buddy ... I take it you have a copy of the standard .. can ya bring it with ya morrow plz :D

yungatart
12th July 2008, 09:33
Good write up for you guys, your so photogenic too MSTRS
Hows your daughter doing now

She's okay, Meanie. Been discharged from hospital (not that I'm happy with that) and spends her days lying on the sofa at ours, being waited on hand and foot!

Meanie
12th July 2008, 09:38
spends her days lying on the sofa at ours, being waited on hand and foot!

Sounds like your typical teenager then

yungatart
12th July 2008, 09:45
Sounds like your typical teenager then

Yeah, she'd love to hear that as she is 32!

Bonez
12th July 2008, 15:03
Dug out our copy of the artical from the recycling today after Connie just mentioned it was published. Nice one.

Been curled up in bed most evenings trying to shake off the bot so no interwebby thing for a few days. Grumpier than usual too :angry:Deffinately not getting a flue jab next year :angry2:

Scanned image of artical here-

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100188&d=1215833279

cowboyz
12th July 2008, 17:14
cheers bones. good pic with that one.

chanceyy
12th July 2008, 18:03

is that cause the green machine is in front??

Meanie
12th July 2008, 19:54
Yeah, she'd love to hear that as she is 32!

Obviously still a teenager at heart

Meanie
12th July 2008, 19:59

Look better if hed have taken it a little to the left where a certain red concours was parked

yod
13th July 2008, 07:33
Scanned image of artical here-

http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=100188&d=1215833279

nice one bonez, thanks

banditrider
13th July 2008, 16:19
Look better if hed have taken it a little to the left where a certain silver concours was parked

There, that's better!

Bonez
13th July 2008, 17:11
There, that's better!And here I was thinking it was that Aprillia 250 scootter:laugh:

WelshWizard
17th July 2008, 17:04

I prefer Motorcyclist, after all we ride a motorcycle, not a push bike ;)