PDA

View Full Version : Pussy Pounder

Danger
11th July 2008, 13:24
Who's up for the Pussy Pounder?

cheese
11th July 2008, 14:25
Due to a clash with teh T100 I won't be there. I was keen to give it a crack too. Every year I miss out. Next year....

Danger
11th July 2008, 14:28
Chris Birch is doing the T100 on Saturday and the Pussy Pounder on Sunday.
Myself I've just discovered that the delayed coverage of the Warriors doesn't finish until 2.30am! But still looking forward to the ride.

takitimu
11th July 2008, 14:53
Sounds a great ride, but not for me this time around.

cheese
11th July 2008, 15:39
Yes but I'm going to China next weekend so I really should spend some time with my wife and son.

Danger
11th July 2008, 15:53
Oh your off to buy some more of those Chinese bikes to sell on Trade Me eh? I thoght I recognised teh sam speling miztakes on thet auctoin as in yor postes.:pinch:

barty5
11th July 2008, 15:54
well im going to see how i feel saturday night once i get back from the T100 so might be there.

Danger
11th July 2008, 16:01
Boy that would be a sight to behold, a YZ450F negotiating a wet Riverhead forest. Look me up if you make it.:wavey:

cheese
11th July 2008, 16:17
LOL no gook bieks from moi! Na we are setting up a factory there. Well more like an office.....

B0000M
11th July 2008, 16:27
a dodgey importation office......

anyone need a cheap wife or bike?

Danger
11th July 2008, 16:39
anyone need a cheap wife?

Is there such a thing?:oi-grr:

007XX
11th July 2008, 16:55
Is there such a thing?:oi-grr:

Nope...and the title of this thread (and your user title, after a comment like that) is false advertising! :dodge:

I do miss my DR250 sometimes...*sigh* playing in the mud, especially trying to push that shit uphill was a real amount of fun.

forexd
11th July 2008, 17:36
we will be there! my brother will be riding a Bummer Hummer!!! I will take lots of photos and let you know how it went!

Danger
11th July 2008, 17:51
Cool we can burn it if it makes it back to the carpark (unlikely) and dry ourselves out. Other wise we can just turn it into another speed hump out on the trail!:2thumbsup

4stroke
11th July 2008, 18:09
argghhh i wana do the pp, did it last yeah, and loved it, nothing better than groveling in the mud.
im going to the berm buster next weekend with giddy, gona have to ride like a mad man to keep up with him. but i wana do both, damit, cant afford to do both. might still have to do both tho,
what'd ya recon danger pp over the berm buster?

Danger
11th July 2008, 18:33
Well lets see, $30.00 for the Pussy Pounder or $600.00-$700-00 for the weekend at the Berm Buster? Depends whether your rich and a pussy or poor and can handle a half day scraping mud of your gear afterwards.

4stroke
11th July 2008, 18:58
cleaning up afterwards doesnt worry me aye, i just hang it on the clothes line and hit it with the water blaster. hmmm i wana do both lol. :drool:

noobi
11th July 2008, 19:03
it wouldnt cost so much if all us jaffas:Offtopic: lived in taupo
less 300-400 for travel costs and accomodation
then again could someone organise a ride like that in auckland somewhere then we could do the pp and a 2day too :done:

rottiguy
11th July 2008, 20:11
Hey, your thread tittle was down right miss leading :)

Who's up for the Pussy Pounder?

Danger
11th July 2008, 20:21
Not really but we seem to be attracting all the dirty bugga's here as well.

rottiguy
11th July 2008, 20:23
lol hey I may be dirty but at least I'm old and a bugger :)

xen
11th July 2008, 20:25
Will be up for this, need to get a new tyre which should help a little.

Whats up with the poster, it looks like theres going to be more marshalls than riders, hope its not that hard lol.

dammad1
11th July 2008, 20:27
Will be up for this, need to get a new tyre which should help a little.

Whats up with the poster, it looks like theres going to be more marshalls than riders, hope its not that hard lol.

With all this rain it will not be for the faint hearted. I'm a pussy so i'll be staying at home.

Danger
11th July 2008, 20:28
Do I hear a meoww?:blip:

DELLORTO
11th July 2008, 21:59
i guess there's just tooo many "pussies" on kiwibiker making excuses not to go...lol :o

dammad1
12th July 2008, 12:32
Do I hear a meoww?:blip:

Yep, I have ridden riverhead in the wet and although I can manage it, it's not really what i call fun, I enjoy it more when it is just wet enough to make it tricky rather than it being a constant grovel.

Danger
12th July 2008, 13:21
I'm hoping for more rain because we haven't had what was expected. Its going to be muddy for sure but more rain will help the mud not to stick as bad.
Just finished getting my bike ready and I'm excited!:woohoo:

Reckless
12th July 2008, 15:44
I'm gonna be a "Pussy" and go to woodhill if its not pissing down and explore some more trails. Anyway the mental picture of "Danger Excited" has put me off, especially if he's any where near a Pussy to be pounded!!!! Not a place I wanna be thanks!!!! Well thats my excuse for whimping out!!
Good luck Danger there will be plenty of mud for you thats for sure!!!

DELLORTO
12th July 2008, 17:01
i smell pussies............im not going though...:no:

Danger
12th July 2008, 17:12
Well I've been texting some of my mates only to find out they have been riding today and so they won't be at the Pussy Pounder tomorrow. Be like last time I rode the Mid Winter Trailride in Riverhead, no one I knew showed up. Pussy's!!!:nya:

4stroke
12th July 2008, 17:43
i saw ya there last time danger, but i want be this time, ive riden in riverhead heaps and am gona go play in the pumice next weekend for 2 days.
have a good ride tho, mmmm mud

forexd
12th July 2008, 19:06
Just want to double check the directions....

I'll be driving from Gulf Harbour, will go on SH17 at Dairy Flats, then will take right to Coatesville-Riverhead HW. Do i carry on driving to SH16? or is the entrance around Riverhead somewhere?

Danger
12th July 2008, 19:15
When you get to the forest on your right just keep traveling around in a clockwise direction. You will see the arrows, entrance is on the western side at the old forest hq.

Reckless
14th July 2008, 15:29
Read the T100 reports. What was the pussy pounder like Danger was a nice day Sunday!

Danger
14th July 2008, 15:43
Pretty easy ride really, all rideable, quite a bit of road between trail sections, wasn't a grovel by any means. Slippery and muddy of course but no pushing up big hills, a bit of a bog towards the end but didn't present me with any troubles.
Quite fun and a shame we don't get to do a few more like this to start to build up some more skills for riding in the slippery stuff.

cheese
14th July 2008, 16:17
To be honnest I think I would have had more fun at the PP and wouldn't have hit my wallet so hard. Think I'll be giving the T100 a miss next year and let them sort their shit out a bit.

Reckless
14th July 2008, 16:18
I thought of you Danger, as I was out in the sun, doing the lawns. Nice day for a ride I thought. And it sounds like it was the pick of the bunch from the T100 reports. I decided the $60-00 petrol (there and back) and the entry into Sandpit would be better spent going towards the new bike. So I did the lawns first then worked most of the day fixing up my dual wheel trailer so I can get it on T/me before I need to come up with the cash for the bike. So the day was dedicated to MX just not in the saddle.

xen
14th July 2008, 22:16
Thought it was a mint ride. Apart from falling in a pond it wasn't that bad at all. Thanks to the guys who helped me out and now I know how to drain an engine of water haha. Lucky the old plug still worked as the new spare didn't :mad:.

Danger
14th July 2008, 22:53
Hey Xen that was you I saw with the bike on the side and the guys working on it. I wondered what happened. There were about 6-7 people stopped around you watching or giving a hand. Figured you didn't need any more help. What you go in that puddle for?:clap:

clmintie
14th July 2008, 23:06
Thought it was a mint ride. Apart from falling in a pond it wasn't that bad at all. Thanks to the guys who helped me out and now I know how to drain an engine of water haha. Lucky the old plug still worked as the new spare didn't :mad:.

I believe that water injection is supposed to be a fine mist.... :nono: Have a bit of bling for making me giggle...... :laugh:

xen
15th July 2008, 10:00
Yeah I was geting abit hot so decided it was time for a swim, didn't realise the bike didn't need one :innocent:. I think I need to work on my balance a bit more :laugh:. Yeah thought that was you going past Danger, as some of the guys helping were shouting dangerooo when you passed.

CRF119
15th July 2008, 15:40
May look at doing that next year if ive got the money to make the trip. Looks like a good ride.