PDA

View Full Version : Wendy's bike - ysr 80

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 11:17
We got this of johny rotten as a project and it is near completion so i thought i should record some pics

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 11:23
Just becouse we could we went shoping on the net and got hot pipe, large carb, reed velves and wide angle stopers, gsxr tail,smoked screen,front gard just for a start

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 11:28
there were some bits missing or just no good so of to ebay we went from there we got front brakes,switch blocks,chain gard ,complete wiring lum,regulator ,flasher unit and a cd manual.

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 11:35
on trade me there was another one cheap so we went and got it just in case this one had a rx 125 motor in it no exhaust and a chain smashed clutch, magnito cover .the colour of this one was anaversary yellow and black the very colour we were going to do the first one in but it looked like shit so changed our mind on main bikes colour to black like this one only ours has black frame

Number One
12th July 2008, 12:01
Cool - never seen these before what a dag!

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 12:05
the tail section wasnt an easy fit took some work from classic zed to sort it out .we got an aftermarket tail light and bits from cycle treads to try to make a lowa busa to match the 08 busa we bidnt get. sent the rims and mounts of to get powder coated and the plastic of to get welded up and the tank got blasted easyer than sanding of decals and paint

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 14:02
this leaves me with the change to cut down some more and make a bucket out of .
can i run a yz80 water cooled or other motocross power plant as i think the 125 is to big for the bike .a 100 would be max as 80cc wheel stands at will standard and are knowen to flips. here are some posable race trims

Qkchk
12th July 2008, 14:05
can i run a yz80 water cooled or other motocross power plant as i think the 125 is to big for the bike .a 100 would be max as 80cc wheel stands at will standard and are knowen to flips. here are some posable race trims

Go for the Anniversary paint scheme, not only will it look cool Wendy will stick out like dogs balls on the road and be highly visible...

Qkchk
12th July 2008, 14:07
BTW Wendy, Im bloody envious.......... what a cool bike to have in the garage :yes:

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 14:24
I'm looking forward to getting my bike home. I might have to call on you for some lessons.
:Offtopic: I have found something for you so that you and steve can match

bungbung
12th July 2008, 14:30

Unfortunately mx motors aren't legal for buckets.

Qkchk
12th July 2008, 14:40
I'm looking forward to getting my bike home. I might have to call on you for some lessons.

Cheeky (female dog). Only the rider on the slime green bike deserves the lime green....... I'll catch up with you @ ATNR this week....

skidMark
12th July 2008, 14:44
Cheeky (female dog). Only the rider on the slime green bike deserves the lime green....... I'll catch up with you @ ATNR this week....

Provided the cops dont bend you all over on the way.

Qkchk
12th July 2008, 14:47
Provided the cops dont bend you all over on the way.

If the other riders want to ride faster than 100kph then it's their problem, Yes?
I perfer you as the sensible Mark, not the Trolling Mark.

speedpro
12th July 2008, 19:53
You think a shitty 125 will be too much for the bike and then you ask about putting a YZ80 into it. You've never ridden a YZ/RM/KX80 have you??

An aircooled 125 2-stroke with carburation equivalent to a single 24mm carb or smaller is bucket legal as is a 100 2-stroke with practically no restrictions. 150cc 4-strokes are legal as well but we ain't talking about pussy 4-strokes for this.

Mrs Busa Pete
12th July 2008, 19:58
good news there is 2 for sale on trade me one is $3495 and the other $2300 and they are only 50s .does any one know if radar detectors run on 6 volt

Mrs Busa Pete
13th July 2008, 10:42
You think a shitty 125 will be too much for the bike and then you ask about putting a YZ80 into it. You've never ridden a YZ/RM/KX80 have you??

An aircooled 125 2-stroke with carburation equivalent to a single 24mm carb or smaller is bucket legal as is a 100 2-stroke with practically no restrictions. 150cc 4-strokes are legal as well but we ain't talking about pussy 4-strokes for this.

i have riden a yz and simalar the 125 is a tight fit in the frame

Edbear
13th July 2008, 19:14
Every time I go in to see Tim I ask how he's getting on with it! I'm looking forward to the finished product!

Mrs Busa Pete
13th July 2008, 19:27
Every time I go in to see Tim I ask how he's getting on with it! I'm looking forward to the finished product!

not as much as i am he has told me 2 weeks.:clap:

gav
13th July 2008, 20:30
I've read of a YZF426 crammed into a YSR frame, what are you worried about?
You're not planning on running it as a bucket are you?

fridayflash
13th July 2008, 20:38
fantastic little bikes busa! i think one of the 'classic bike' staff did one of thes up and ran an article etc

Mrs Busa Pete
13th July 2008, 20:45
I've read of a YZF426 crammed into a YSR frame, what are you worried about?
You're not planning on running it as a bucket are you?

I'm not running wendy's one as a bucket but we have another one that we had bought incase we needed parts that i'm going to turn into a bucket.

Hinny
14th July 2008, 06:43
Go for the Anniversary paint scheme,..

Gets my vote. :niceone:

Maha
14th July 2008, 07:21

Cool...see ya at the Puhoi, you should be able to park it right up by the tables....:shifty:

Pumba
14th July 2008, 07:53
not as much as i am he has told me 2 weeks.:clap:

Tui anyone?:laugh:

Qkchk
14th July 2008, 08:05
Tui anyone?:laugh:

Should be ready for daylight savings........ :dodge:

Mrs Busa Pete
31st July 2008, 18:01
good news theres paint on the bike know and it looks so good .the forks are changed over so i can get mine back and fit the exhaust to my one and im ready to go pics to come

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd August 2008, 09:28
here are the pics of the painted bits of down to work shop to get more pics and to asist

Grahameeboy
2nd August 2008, 09:33
Will Wendy be able to get her leg over...

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd August 2008, 09:54
Will Wendy be able to get her leg over...

No problem there mate.:whistle:it will be just a matter that i'm not to scared to ride once i have my leg over.

Grahameeboy
2nd August 2008, 09:57
No problem there mate.:whistle:it will be just a matter that i'm not to scared to ride once i have my leg over.

That first time is always scary eh:rolleyes:

Mrs Busa Pete
2nd August 2008, 10:00
That first time is always scary eh:rolleyes:

I have riden before but i crahsed and have not really been on a bike since.

Grahameeboy
2nd August 2008, 10:57
I have riden before but i crahsed and have not really been on a bike since.

You missed my subtlty eh?

Mrs Busa Pete
3rd August 2008, 09:31
The change is coming along nicely being only 1600mm long and 800 high with 200mm of ground clearance if i can get the pipe to work over the motor and run under the tank and seat ,100mm if i can't.When the wheel bearings are changed on the black rims i can set up the front callaper and fit the chain then just sort out the exhaust.I dont think the full fearing will see any action except mayby on a long track

Mrs Busa Pete
8th August 2008, 21:01
under seat pipe has been fited know

Mrs Busa Pete
8th August 2008, 21:07
wendys is coming along well

Mrs Busa Pete
9th August 2008, 14:08
bit by bit

Buckets4Me
9th August 2008, 16:31
Cool :wari::wari:

Patch
9th August 2008, 17:16
coming together quite nicely.

wtf is that pink thing on the car eh??

Edbear
9th August 2008, 19:21
coming together quite nicely.

wtf is that pink thing on the car eh??

Ah if you look carefully, it's the handle of the quad-lift jack. Tim used it today when he gave my bike its WOF. It's not pink, but I guess Pete's phone camera was fooled by the light conditions.

Wendy's bike looks even better in the "flesh" and should be the envy of everyone when finally done!