PDA

View Full Version : Ride to Mangawai Heads etc Sunday 31

bikerboy
30th August 2003, 15:55
Casual ride to mangawai heads via s16, wellsford et al.

Meeting at shell albany 10am, departing 10:30 ish.

Early birds be patient, if running late, not sure we're going, ring me
on 021 680 088. I will check phone BEFORE leaving.

So far Aff-man, Andrew and myself are going.:rockon:

Antallica
30th August 2003, 16:15
Man why do I always miss out on the good rides :angry2:

wkid_one
30th August 2003, 16:39
:argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

:angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

Firefight
30th August 2003, 17:33
Bugger:argh: I'am workin, have a great day:eek:
cheers firefight:rockon:

Big Dog
30th August 2003, 18:01
Where is shell albany?

I know where two caltexes a mobil and a bp are but no shell, tell me what street I'm looking for and I'm in.:niceone:

Duke of Rogan
30th August 2003, 18:10
dang!
my bikes in for repairs and I wouldnt trust the loan bike I have on a long ride...

BTW, Mangawhai is where I'm originally from, so I'm sure I'll be doing this ride in the near future to visit rellies:-)

Kiwi
30th August 2003, 19:29
Sounds good - I’m in

But where the f... is the shell station?????  :confused2

See ya

Kiwi

Firefight
30th August 2003, 19:42
It's in the old Albany township, right hand side if your heading north, just past 2nd set of traffic lights and before you head down the small dip b4 pub(used to be Allan Clarke mtrs)

firefight

Kiwi
30th August 2003, 20:25
thanks mate

SpankMe
30th August 2003, 21:29
Count me in. :niceone:

MikeL
31st August 2003, 08:33
:argh:

Prior commitment, impossible to get out of. Otherwise would be there like a shot. Beautiful day for a ride. Enjoy.

Antallica
31st August 2003, 08:57
It's bloody cold in Whangarei, hope you freeze your nuts off :p :D

bikerboy
31st August 2003, 17:37
Well it was a fabulous day.:rockon:

And that means a extra fantastic ride. Got a little separated at first due to my inability to hear with my helmet on and several others thinking I know where I'm going.

Never mind, was a good time, eight of us in all. Met two new KB'ers, Big Dog and Rocket?. Had a nice lunch and discovered a real bikers haven , full of some of the toughest biker Molls I've ever seen, at Puhoi.:o

Thanks guys, lets try to make Coromandal the next one.!:done:

Kiwi
31st August 2003, 18:54
yep

it was a nice cruise day - good food, lots of fun

Coromandel - sounds good to me

see ya

Kiwi :niceone:

Antallica
31st August 2003, 19:00
I should be in Whangaparoa next weekend so I'll be up for a ride sometime Sat/Sun :D

Big Dog
31st August 2003, 19:38
:p :confused: :cool: :rolleyes: :) :D :niceone:
Any way you you put excellent day. Funnily enough the place with the fewest lost riders was a PUB, and you lot reckon on not conforming to stereotypes?

Shame I held everybody up so often:o Still a relative novice as evidenced by being "blown back" by 250's :gob:

Ah well give me some roads I know better and we'll see.

Still gotta learn these roads/routes somehow.

Ciao Big Dog

georgedubyabush
31st August 2003, 19:48
was gonna try and get to mangawhai, but couldnt get away till afternoon.

managed kerikeri, paihia, kawakawa, east at hikurangi (just north of whangarei) then the loop around the tutukaka coast to whangarei then back again to home at dusk.

My first day off in about 3 months and its actually not raining:niceone:stupid cows, stupid calves, stupid mud

Andrew
31st August 2003, 19:55
Great day.
Freaked myself out a couple of times, discovering just how far a bike can really lean. Had fun all the same. :)

Andrew
31st August 2003, 19:58
Hey KK, how come I haven't seen you on any rides? you need to show me how to leave these old buggers for dust, coz I ain't making a very good job of it by myself!

Big Dog
31st August 2003, 20:05
Originally posted by Andrew
Hey KK, how come I haven't seen you on any rides? you need to show me how to leave these old buggers for dust, coz I ain't making a very good job of it by myself!

Not bad for a 250 though (see above post). Still I'm not one of the old fellas! :D

Rocketman
31st August 2003, 22:12
Enjoyed the trip to Mangawhai Heads today guys, thanks for the opportunity. Best work out the SV650S has had since I bought it and the first time I'm been on a ride with a bunch of dedicated bikers in... years. Too many to remember, actually. Anyway, I would be on for another ride sometime, Coromandal sounds good :niceone:

Rocketman.

aff-man
1st September 2003, 10:18
Hey Andrew i know how you felt trying to keep up with kiwi (gave up on spankme a long time ago :D ) And one minute he's in front of you and the next pooof he disapears, must be magic. Nope the ride was excelent except of course getting lost a few times :o . But i can't wait for the day when i don't have to change down 2 (or 3) gears and then change up through the gears while overtaking a dodering old car :( :( . But all in all a great day and i'll be in for the next one.

BTW BB sorry for overtaking you that one time i really didn't mean to disrespect the might mv :done:

bikerboy
1st September 2003, 10:43
That's all right Aff-man.:)

Once again the oldie on the big bike gets shown up by the youth blasting away on the 250s!:eek:

Both you and Andrew get top marks for your abilities, no one can claim you held them up:niceone:

Looking forward to a Coromandal run sometime soon.:cool:

Kiwi
1st September 2003, 11:24
What???? Magic???? Not true – just cruising

:D

See ya

Kiwi