PDA

View Full Version : Saddle Bags for Kawasaki VN900

the_old_vic
13th July 2008, 19:05
I have jus purchased a 2007 Kawasaki VN900, great ride, but I am trying to get some saddle bags. I have seen heaps on sale on trademe, but need some type of saddle bag support. Can anyone direct me where to get these chrome supports or supports and bags in NZ, as checking on the Kawaskai website, only see them selling them in the US, and they seem rather expensive when you add the currency diff and postage.

NighthawkNZ
13th July 2008, 19:15
I have jus purchased a 2007 Kawasaki VN900, great ride, but I am trying to get some saddle bags. I have seen heaps on sale on trademe, but need some type of saddle bag support. Can anyone direct me where to get these chrome supports or supports and bags in NZ, as checking on the Kawaskai website, only see them selling them in the US, and they seem rather expensive when you add the currency diff and postage.

PM Free2b as I can't remember what type of bags she got...
http://www.kiwibiker.co.nz/forums/member.php?u=9490

The Lone Rider
13th July 2008, 21:55

www.cruisercustomizing.com

Cheaper than anything being stocked here and shipping has been pretty good.

Just punch in exactly what bike you have and it will show you what you can fit to your bike and usually would have reviews

Wheeliemonsta
14th July 2008, 10:37

Kawasaki do a kit which includes all the hardware for relocating the rear indicators when fitting saddle bags to the VN 900 - Classic

Part # K99994-0069, around $420.00 retail

The N.Z Distributor has them in stock, you'd just need to get your Dealer to order them on your behalf...

As for Saddle Bags, the sky is the limit - it depends on what you want to spend...

Willie & Max would be a good place to start if you don't want to go genuine

Cheers

:rockon:

Blueskies
31st July 2008, 21:59

Hi the old vic, I originally bought a bag support kit from the dealer. Which worked well enough. Then, before heading off to the South Island for a month earlier this year I bought a vn 900 pac rac which came with saddle bag supports included (from the Red Baron ).
I bought extra large saddle bags with firm frames and really like the effect and the plenty of space afforded.
Between the bags and the pac rac I was easily able to carry all I needed.
Congratulations on your new bike. Great choice.